Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:32:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL announces 28nm 600GH/S blade for $4680  (Read 40986 times)
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 02:53:38 AM

You now have 3 choices.  1) Double Down 2) Go long, 3) Cry Moar.  90% of the people in the forum have chosen option 3.

What are you talking about? I don't have a BFL pre-order. I have a batch 2 Avalon that's already paid for itself. In BTC.

I went with them because there was a fixed number rather then an open-ended queue with who knows how many people would be ahead of me, making it impossible to guess when it would come in or what the difficulty would be pushed too by them before I got my order shipped.  

Anyone who is serious will choose option 1.  I doubt many will choose option 2.  

I'm not even sure what "double down" vs "go long" are even supposed to mean.  I assume one is keep your order and the other is to upgrade it.

Anyone who's actually seriously will just buy a unit from a competitor, unless they want to wait for 16 months for it to arrive while josh mocks them for sucking at life. Come on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:53:50 AM

All those lemmings that will be cancelling there order to upgrade  Tongue

I would consider you a bigger lemming for sticking it out this long in the face of skyrocketing difficulty and a completely shady company that has failed to deliver promises time and time again, for over a year.  
If I had not paid with bank tx, Do you think I would have stuck it out?

Lets bicker over the past while BFL suck in the next bunch of newbies to there ponzi financial concentration camp.

No Paypal, no Credit Card, open the doors to the gas chambers and herd them in.   Shocked

Agreed

BFL is NAZI Germany with "The Final Solution"

Monarch is their "V2" rocket...

<AddGermanAccent Option1="GetSmart" Option2="HogansHeroes">
           Just 2 more vweeks andz willz launch the destruktionz on allz ourz enemyz.....Target PG BarnVwoodz business Firsts
</AddGermanAccent >

Cheesy

EDIT : PG you cop it first lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 02:58:08 AM

They are going after the higher end guys who are willing to make a business out of this. 
Actually, PCI goes after the lower end market. You want blades with a simple rackmountable backplane that can handle 10 or so blades. Not something designed to sit in $500 of 4U overhead with tons of wasted space inside and a shitty cooling profile.

Anyone "higher end" will understand the huge problem BFL has set themselves up with and probably has a KnC and/or Hashfast pre-order. Someone with a lot of money might decide to 'hedge' their bets somewhat by adding this. But anyone with serious money to invest would be insane to risk it on a company with this kind of track record. Especially since the margins won't even be that good compared to the promised returns when BFL first started taking pre-orders.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:03:53 AM

I'm still waiting on a single and little single from a FUCKING YEAR AGO.  And someone is suggesting that people should double down on BFL?  Other than a sock puppet, who would be that stupid?  
Hold on, slock will be with you in a moment. Josh is still zipping his pants.

Int03h will be in, in a moment.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:04:26 AM

BOYCOTT.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 03:37:17 AM

Presumably, they started development on this 6 months ago.
Why would you presume that? BFL has no internal ASIC or FPGA design experience. Everything is outsourced. This is the resume for their "CTO/CEO" who supposedly resides in France. Note the total lack of relevant experience.

This will be the 2nd round of asics being produced.  They have to be getting better at this game by now with more industry contacts and suppliers.  
Actually, it will probably be the five-hundredth round for the design house that BFL outsources their chip design to. That didn't help them the first time, it probably won't help them this time either.

Now they have 1 product line instead of 4 greatly simplifying the production.  
Yes.

They are going after the higher end guys who are willing to make a business out of this.  
Actually, PCI goes after the lower end market. You want blades with a simple rackmountable backplane that can handle 10 or so blades. Not something designed to sit in $500 of 4U overhead with tons of wasted space inside and a shitty cooling profile.

Its got to be annoying to sit and listen to some guy who ordered a 5gh miner for $300 bitching about when his shit is going to be there screaming SCAMMERS all day.  
They could ship product instead of sitting around reading the forums. Solves 2 problems at once!

I'll admit this came sooner then what I would have expected.  

You now have 3 choices.  1) Double Down 2) Go long, 3) Cry Moar.  90% of the people in the forum have chosen option 3.

Anyone who is serious will choose option 1.  I doubt many will choose option 2.  
Serious brain damage perhaps.

Found the company along with other share holders, designed and engineered end product (PCB, Firmware and Digital Design)

Now, tell me that Jeff Ownby isn't provided Nasser's copy in this thread.

On his LinkedIn page, Nasser only lists French for languages, forgetting that English and Persian/Iranian are also languages.

The only motherfuckin' thing I have ever seen on the internet that Nasser developed prior to joining BFL was a PCB that played elevator music. Search this forum if you want the link.

We are being lied to on a grand scale. This is motherfuckin' nuts!
polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 03:42:21 AM

it's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.

13 months and waiting.  Embarrassed

grabs popcorn..

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:46:21 AM

Really?  Why would it be PCIex16.  I get the idea of making it PCIe so using standard motherboards to densely rackmount.  By why PCIex16?  Using a x1 slot would allow more cards per mother board.
People still have those riser cable from GPU mining rigs Grin

PCIE x1 would work fine with riser cables.  BTW it appears it is PCIe x1 their photoshop artist just doesn't know what that looks like.

3 of these cards will make it 1.8T,  almost 1000x faster than a 2.1GH 3x5970 rig, is it really possible? Both 28nm tech, why kncminer consumes 1KW for 400GH while they can make it 4x more efficient???

BFL has been pretty consistently wrong about power consumption.  Every estimate of every product has been low and later revised to more realistic power consumption numbers.  Of course this has also resulted in numerous delays, incorrect parts, and redesigns too.

KNC simply says less than 1KW.   

Regarding power consumption, the actual 65nm consumes 3.1W/GH when operating at 950mV Core voltage (which also reduces speed). In the new chip, we've optimized and improved the design on one hand, on the other hand we're jumping down two nodes. The result of each node jump alone reduces power consumption between 40% to 60%, depending on the application and architecture.

The estimated power consumption report here has a significant error margin included.

Regards,
Nasser

so how many revisions is this shit gonna take?

and are you really competent to design something like this?

haha, probably not...and i can safely assume your estimated power consumption gonna be off as always.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:47:54 AM

Am I the first in this thread to actually admit that I pre-ordered a Monarch?  Well, I did.  And no, I'm not proud of myself.  Lol.

I was sitting on an April order for a Single and a Jalapeno w/2GH upgrade.  When (if?) that order arrives, it would have been virtually worthless because of no ROI.  I had a 25%-off coupon from an earlier October order for a Little Single (still waiting on that one).  So the upgrade cost me about 8.5 BTC.  Strangely I now have a credit on the invoice for $297.50.  Not sure where that came from.

Why did I do such a stupid thing?  In for a penny, in for a pound!  And it's exciting to think I potentially went from a 57GH order to 600GH for very little extra money.

I'm just a BTC hobbyist with more money than sense but I figure that the reward is worth the risk.  I also have pre-orders with Bitfury and KNC.  I missed the Avalon boat and am still kicking myself for that.  So I now have my fingers in as many pies as I can safely afford.

The worst case scenario... I just threw away 5 grand.
Best case scenario... I'm at the front-of-the-line for the Next Gen ASICs.  And it's fun to dream.  Smiley
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:54:06 AM

Am I the first in this thread to actually admit that I pre-ordered a Monarch?  Well, I did.  And no, I'm not proud of myself.  Lol.

I was sitting on an April order for a Single and a Jalapeno w/2GH upgrade.  When (if?) that order arrives, it would have been virtually worthless because of no ROI.  I had a 25%-off coupon from an earlier October order for a Little Single (still waiting on that one).  So the upgrade cost me about 8.5 BTC.  Strangely I now have a credit on the invoice for $297.50.  Not sure where that came from.

Why did I do such a stupid thing?  In for a penny, in for a pound!  And it's exciting to think I potentially went from a 57GH order to 600GH for very little extra money.

I'm just a BTC hobbyist with more money than sense but I figure that the reward is worth the risk.  I also have pre-orders with Bitfury and KNC.  I missed the Avalon boat and am still kicking myself for that.  So I now have my fingers in as many pies as I can safely afford.

Best case scenario... I'm at the front-of-the-line for the Next Gen ASICs.  And it's fun to dream.  Smiley

To be fair, you at least appear to have a healthy attitude towards this. Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:57:51 AM

Congrats, you just gave up 10% in fees for no good reason.

You also went and lost your place in line for a product promised/scheduled to ship 4+ months from now...if...it's on time.

Well, you have waited this long and never got anything, so what is another year of your life down the tubes? It's okay, as long as your money never buys anything I guess we should be encouraging everyone to buy into the next gen from BFL.

It will keep folks out of the market and from rising difficulty.

-----------------------

After thinking it over. <puts on Master Shill Cap>

I absolutely encourage everyone to transfer your orders to gen 2 at BFL. I want you to get the best bang for your buck! (watches customers locking themselves in a cage of compromise...not bad)
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:58:09 AM

To be fair, you at least appear to have a healthy attitude towards this. Wink
Sad thing is, BFL could have had alot more people like xtr8guy saying "shut up and take my money". I venture to guess that it isn't the case any longer

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:59:25 AM

By the way, anyone who converts your orders to gen 2 @ BFL.

I want you to do only 1 thing for me.

I want you to harass other ASIC manufactures about being competitive with BFL Gen2. Tell them to lower their prices even further.(LOL)

Do it, DO IT NOW!
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:59:33 AM

So someone please find the post from Feb that basically called out BFL for not shipping, told everyone to demand refunds at once, or prepare to be an all fucked until July.
Because everything he predicted has now officially come true.

He nailed the fact that they wouldn't ship until mid summer 2013.
He nailed the fact that they would ship at a snails pace.
He nailed the fact that they would deny refunds.
He nailed the fact that they would give people lip on the Web forums and not offer support or information about the shipping procedures.
And lastly, he claimed that they would need a new product or upgrade to keep up with the current orders. Which is this.

The whole post has now come true. I wish I book marked it. No one fucking listened. Not even me.

LOL

who was it, i can't exactly recall the name either, but i remember th

at post.

was it oldminer?

I called them out that they'd have to deny refunds or be insolvent, which josh denied:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226608.0

this was way before than your post, but yeah, same tone.

we have the first idiot.  Roll Eyes

xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:12:03 AM

Congrats, you just gave up 10% in fees for no good reason.

You also went and lost your place in line for a product promised/scheduled to ship 4+ months from now...if...it's on time.

Well, you have waited this long and never got anything, so what is another year of your life down the tubes? It's okay, as long as your money never buys anything I guess we should be encouraging everyone to buy into the next gen from BFL.

It will keep folks out of the market and from rising difficulty.

-----------------------

After thinking it over. <puts on Master Shill Cap>

I absolutely encourage everyone to transfer your orders to gen 2 at BFL. I want you to get the best bang for your buck! (watches customers locking themselves in a cage of compromise...not bad)

Sure, I gave up the 10% transfer fee.  But I also had a 25%-off coupon from my October order that I used.  So I still saved around $700 off of the list price.

Btw, I don't feel bad about giving away my place in line for an April order.  By the time that order finally arrives, ROI was never going to happen.
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:16:22 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 12:45:23 AM by AussieHash

I might have missed it in the past 19 pages so just in case.

Just shut up and take my money

Addendum
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:17:51 AM

Your card sir.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:18:19 AM

They just might. Straight to Costa Rica.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:19:24 AM

Your card sir.

I actually want that credit card!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:20:48 AM

The money goes down the drain the other way in Australia right?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: