Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:10:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL announces 28nm 600GH/S blade for $4680  (Read 40988 times)
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:14:27 PM

"Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w"

Well  done, millsdmb!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:25:38 PM

They have announced fake unicorn miner only to have possiblity to say to customer...

Customer: my miner is not profitable as you ship, it will mine at loss!
Bfl: sorry, you could upgrade to monarch and you didn't, fool, it is your fault

Corollary:

Customer: my monarch is not profitable as you ship, it will mine at loss!
Bfl: sorry, you could upgrade to "super monarch" and you didn't, fool, it is your fault

FYPFY

Wait for it.  

March 2013:  
BFL announces the worlds first 20nm Bitcoin ASIC; the 10TH/s "super monarch" liquid hydrogen * cooled miner.  Available for order today at a low introductory price of $10,000.01**.  Thats right a BFL first, early buyer price guarantee.  Price will rise to our normal retail price after the first 100,000 introductory units are sold so buy early for the highest ROI.  Estimated delivery in June 2013***.  Using a mere 0.2 W/GH the Super Monarch is supplied the 2KW of power with the conveniently included #2AWG power cables for connection to an onsite plasma torch power supply ****.    Upgrade today (or don't complain that your existing pre-orders are unprofitable we are trying to help you out here)*****.

* PayPal has a $9,999.99 limit on transactions and will not provide us an exception so we are unable to take PayPal.  It has nothing to do with forced chargebacks or anything like that.  PayPal only allows $9,999.99 and we are selling our units at $10,000.01.  It just can't be fixed.  ** Liquid hydrogen not included.  After the first 100,000 introductory units price will rise to standard retail price of $10,000.02.   *** Our lawyers require us to clarify that delivery date is not June 2013.  We guarantee we will estimate your delivery date by June 2013.  See what we did there.  Pretty clever huh? **** Plamsa torch power supply and home wiring upgrade not included.  ***** Existing undelivered monarch pre-orders can upgrade for a 10% upgrade fee. Existing undelivered SC pre-orders can upgrade to Monarch for a 10% fee and then upgrade their Monarch to Super Monarch for another 10% fee.  Seriously you expect two upgrades for only a 10% fee.  

If they actually said they had something like this, I dont know what more can be said other than "run on the bank"

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Bicknellski

Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:25:41 AM

They have announced fake unicorn miner only to have possiblity to say to customer...

Customer: my miner is not profitable as you ship, it will mine at loss!
Bfl: sorry, you could upgrade to monarch and you didn't, fool, it is your fault

Corollary:

Customer: my monarch is not profitable as you ship, it will mine at loss!
Bfl: sorry, you could upgrade to "super monarch" and you didn't, fool, it is your fault

FYPFY

Wait for it.  

March 2013:  
BFL announces the worlds first 20nm Bitcoin ASIC; the 10TH/s "super monarch" liquid hydrogen * cooled miner.  Available for order today at a low introductory price of $10,000.01**.  Thats right a BFL first, early buyer price guarantee.  Price will rise to our normal retail price after the first 100,000 introductory units are sold so buy early for the highest ROI.  Estimated delivery in June 2013***.  Using a mere 0.2 W/GH the Super Monarch is supplied the 2KW of power with the conveniently included #2AWG power cables for connection to an onsite plasma torch power supply ****.    Upgrade today (or don't complain that your existing pre-orders are unprofitable we are trying to help you out here)*****.

* PayPal has a $9,999.99 limit on transactions and will not provide us an exception so we are unable to take PayPal.  It has nothing to do with forced chargebacks or anything like that.  PayPal only allows $9,999.99 and we are selling our units at $10,000.01.  It just can't be fixed.  ** Liquid hydrogen not included.  After the first 100,000 introductory units price will rise to standard retail price of $10,000.02.   *** Our lawyers require us to clarify that delivery date is not June 2013.  We guarantee we will estimate your delivery date by June 2013.  See what we did there.  Pretty clever huh? **** Plamsa torch power supply and home wiring upgrade not included.  ***** Existing undelivered monarch pre-orders can upgrade for a 10% upgrade fee. Existing undelivered SC pre-orders can upgrade to Monarch for a 10% fee and then upgrade their Monarch to Super Monarch for another 10% fee.  Seriously you expect two upgrades for only a 10% fee.  

If they actually said they had something like this, I dont know what more can be said other than "run on the bank"

Scammy is as scammy does. BFL = Shady.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 11:53:16 AM

At least they ship something...

Where are yours Supa K1 miners ? With no ROI at all ? Huu ?

And don't tell me about Avalon fiasco...cause if you are a real Pro, you secure multiple providers.
You refunded every one : Good.
You haven't secured multiple chips providers : Bad.

You see...running a business isn't easy (and i'm asking myself if in your country they are aware about your "little business"...?)
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 11:57:56 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 12:26:43 PM by Bicknellski

At least they ship something...

Where are yours Supa K1 miners ? With no ROI at all ? Huu ?

And don't tell me about Avalon fiasco...cause if you are a real Pro, you secure multiple providers.
You refunded every one : Good.
You haven't secured multiple chips providers : Bad.

You see...running a business isn't easy (and i'm asking myself if in your country they are aware about your "little business"...?)

Here is the deal. When you know you can't deliver you refund people. You don't play a waiting game and then string them along for 12 more months... or is it 2 weeks? You don't spend the BTC of your customers you hold it in escrow in case the worst happens. Nor do you bait and switch and then give no delivery date and then come up with fantastic new product for just 10% more and low and behold it is delayed 2 months after raising more capital to perpetuate the lies you are being sold. Ya I am the shady one that can't run a business. I prefer not to be litigated into oblivion also I prefer to work with integrity and honesty. Something else our little business has going for it. Thanks for asking.

Refunds without questions and delaying tactics it is the LEAST shady thing you can do I am sure I can garner more trust in this forum based on that alone than BFL can with "shipping" something very very late and in most cases not at all. I suspect that in the longer term we will do ok with our little business and that is just something time will tell. Until we have resolved all our refunds we are not going to be promoting our other projects we have going. That is just rude to those who put trust in our hands in the first place. One thing at a time and resolve the problems you have before moving on to the next project. Just a sound decision on our part as a cooperative.

BFL = Shady.
fractal02 = Shady socket puppet.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
fractal02

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:16:30 PM

fractal02 = Shady socket puppet.

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:18:37 PM

You ain't that cute.

Plus the fact those socket puppets ain't nearly shady enough and dare I say very offensive to Scottish socket pockets everywhere.

You didn't want to challenge me further on my "little" biz venture and how we are different from BFL. Noted.

Feel free to continue promoting the wonderful 28nm 600 GH/s blades for $4680. Ya those won't melt... pfft. Quality.

fractal02

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:25:23 PM

You ain't that cute.

Plus the fact those socket puppets ain't nearly shady enough and dare I say very offensive to Scottish socket pockets everywhere.

You didn't want to challenge me further on my "little" biz venture and how we are different from BFL. Noted.

Please give us a break Mr Le Entrepreneur.

Build a company like BFL and come back.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:33:13 PM

Sir.

I don't have to build a business I have a successful school and I'm pretty happy with what I have right now. Further our cooperative members are all gainfully employed in various parts of the world from the US to Canada to Europe and into Asia and Oceania, so we do not "need" to build a BFL like entity that is likely to fail in a short time and face countless years of litigation. Many of us are professionals some electrical engineers, educators, software developers, entrepreneurs already but we are all are fanboys at heart for Bitcoin. So we won't really need to use BFL as an example there are plenty of us who are successful on our own merit in our own way so we are collectively building something that is unlike BFL. We are a cooperative not a company and when we bring more products to the market place feel free to choose what BFL has to offer first unless they go into bankruptcy.

Like I said... feel free to buy the wonderful product announced by BFL I am sure the 28nm 600 Gh/s blade for $4680 will give you many years of excellent mining should you ever receive it.

fractal02

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:44:39 PM

Sir.

Many of us are professionals

OK, so act like professionals and don't write some Childish post.
You discredit yourself AND your cooperative for this kind of acts.
Do you see KNCminer, Avalon, Bitfury posting this kind of BS posts ? NO

They're PRO.
End of line

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:55:38 PM

Bicknellski, has done the right thing by his customers and refunded them, still people mock.

Is there no hope !

I have full respect for him, I was not one of his customers ! but he sets an example to the community that should be admired..

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
fractal02

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:04:09 PM

Bicknellski, has done the right thing by his customers and refunded them, still people mock.

Is there no hope !

I have full respect for him, I was not one of his customers ! but he sets an example to the community that should be admired..

Yes i think he do the right thing.
And it's a good point for him.

But the last time he posted the same BS posts about BFL as other Trolls out there.
It's not professional.Sorry
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:09:52 PM

They're PRO.
End of line

avalon is pro since when?

fractal02

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:22:25 PM

They're PRO.
End of line

Since they Build "some" ASIC and you, you can't even get to do your shoelaces  Wink
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:24:30 PM

They're PRO.
End of line

Since they Build "some" ASIC and you, you can't even get to do your shoelaces  Wink

Give em hell there turbo!!!
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:26:57 PM

It's safe to assume if you placed a pre-order now for BFL's 600GH/s unit, you can expect to receive it sometime during 2016.  Rest assure this is in NO WAY a troll post either.  Given BFL's track record and performance.. it's the likely and realistic prediction.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:28:58 PM

Since they Build "some" ASIC

bfl made "some" ASIC too.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:32:40 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 01:50:40 PM by Bicknellski

Is there no hope !

Yes i think he do the right thing.
And it's a good point for him.

But the last time he posted the same BS posts about BFL as other Trolls out there.
It's not professional.Sorry

How is pointing out to the community BFL is not a professionally operated business unprofessional?

Sorry but when the COO of BFL personally accuses me of SCAMMING the community I am well within my rights to fight back and set the record straight. No sir I will not lay down and be abused by BFL or Josh Zerlan. Never.

What have I posted is BS? Please educate me on what exactly I have posted constitutes "unprofessional". Personal opinion I thought was something that was reserved for each individual to express. Nothing I have posted about BFL is bullshit. In fact what I have posted is legitimate personal opinion which I think is well measured given the lack of ethical behavior that comes from BFL on all fronts. Sorry but I think I will merely disagree with you and as member of a cooperative it would be up to our members to censure me not you or Josh or BFL about my personal opinion. Even though Mr. Zerlan attempted just that with his lies in his "trust" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=8198

BFL are shady. Full Stop.

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:40:39 PM

It's safe to assume if you placed a pre-order now for BFL's 600GH/s unit, you can expect to receive it sometime during 2016.  Rest assure this is in NO WAY a troll post either.  Given BFL's track record and performance.. it's the likely and realistic prediction.
The problem with your prediction is it ignores the causes of their past delays, eg having to last minute re-design the entire product line due to missed power targets, and assumes they haven't learnt from that. You might be right to some extent, but they don't have a track record of missing targets by 2 years yet. I certainly wouldn't fork out $4,680 without seeing a working prototype, same goes for KNCminer, Hashfast etc.

bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:56:35 PM

It's safe to assume if you placed a pre-order now for BFL's 600GH/s unit, you can expect to receive it sometime during 2016.  Rest assure this is in NO WAY a troll post either.  Given BFL's track record and performance.. it's the likely and realistic prediction.
The problem with your prediction is it ignores the causes of their past delays, eg having to last minute re-design the entire product line due to missed power targets, and assumes they haven't learnt from that. You might be right to some extent, but they don't have a track record of missing targets by 2 years yet. I certainly wouldn't fork out $4,680 without seeing a working prototype, same goes for KNCminer, Hashfast etc.
Well said.  I can well agree that BFL has a poor track record.  But I disagree that almost 2 and a half years will go by for the Monarch to ship.  Avalon is starting to slide from respected producer to can't supply on time.  ASICMiner... well, he started out benevolent with his shares and dividends, but then he turned around an took advantage of the whole ASIC shortage to line his pockets with the greed of fools.  Not to mention how his business practices smack of insider trading.  NO other company out there sold to their stockholders at what was admitted a price no sane person would pay(says something about people today), but those stockholders then turned around and doubled those prices!

I hear BitFury is shipping, everyone else(not already mentioned) seems to still be in the promises and pre-order phase though.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: