Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:15:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL announces 28nm 600GH/S blade for $4680  (Read 40986 times)
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 11:31:46 PM

On the other hand, BFL managed to create a chip from scratch, design and manufacture numerous boards.  Design and manufacture cases, power supplies, heat sinks, cables and a whole host of other parts. 
I call BS, simply because you took too much money from ordinary customers to accomplish that. With all that money at your disposal you are a total failure.
Your timing is a failure, your product is a failure, your company is a failure, and you are a total failure.
He knows he is a failure. No need to rub it in. I on the other hand am not so easily dissuaded. Let us see who gets sued less that be the benchmark I would love to be measured against.
Heh... that's what I thought.  The "Busineess for Dummies" book that you read didn't work out and now you're throwing a tantrum to try to take attention away from the fact that your entire business is a failure from start to finish.  Meanwhile, in BFL land, more product than any other company has been shipped.  More hashrate than any other company has been shipped.  Poor Bick is left looking at his failure of a plan wondering what went wrong.  So sad.
Asicminer?
No, ASICMiner = Most expensive ASIC cost per GH. That's the only department ASICMiner beats BFL... Money raked in.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 11:34:24 PM

Here's the deal, Bick:

You had a "paint by numbers" business plan and you are, in every sense of the word, a failure at even that.  You had a proven board design (by someone else).  You had proven chips (by someone else). All you had to do was slap two separate parts together, chips and board... and you couldn't even accomplish that much.  You are a terrible businessman.  You have absolutely zero ability to follow through, even when everything, down to the last detail is handed to you on a silver platter.  

On the other hand, BFL managed to create a chip from scratch, design and manufacture numerous boards.  Design and manufacture cases, power supplies, heat sinks, cables and a whole host of other parts.  BFL managed to see the entire project through from the very start and has shipped thousands upon thousands of units, and you can't even manage to ship a handful of units that you snap together and throw in a box.  Then you have the unmitigated gall to come here and complain about BFL?  Hahaha... you are pathetic.  Is your constant complaining a way to make yourself feel better after realizing you are such a failure?  What is it?  You had everything available to you and you still couldn't follow through... guess it's not so easy manufacturing things, is it?  Even when you don't have to, you know, put any work into it... you still can't do it.  But sure, tell us how you know a business should be run.  Regale us with tales of how you know exactly what to do to run a successful business, I'd love to hear it. 

Poor Bicknellski...omg...

erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 11:41:44 PM

On the other hand, BFL managed to create a chip from scratch, design and manufacture numerous boards.  Design and manufacture cases, power supplies, heat sinks, cables and a whole host of other parts. 
I call BS, simply because you took too much money from ordinary customers to accomplish that. With all that money at your disposal you are a total failure.
Your timing is a failure, your product is a failure, your company is a failure, and you are a total failure.
He knows he is a failure. No need to rub it in. I on the other hand am not so easily dissuaded. Let us see who gets sued less that be the benchmark I would love to be measured against.
Heh... that's what I thought.  The "Busineess for Dummies" book that you read didn't work out and now you're throwing a tantrum to try to take attention away from the fact that your entire business is a failure from start to finish.  Meanwhile, in BFL land, more product than any other company has been shipped.  More hashrate than any other company has been shipped.  Poor Bick is left looking at his failure of a plan wondering what went wrong.  So sad.
Asicminer?
No, ASICMiner = Most expensive ASIC cost per GH. That's the only department ASICMiner beats BFL... Money raked in.

No doubt they are expensive, and prohibitively so.
They have more TH in customers hands than BFL.
F'realz.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 11:43:56 PM

On the other hand, BFL managed to create a chip from scratch, design and manufacture numerous boards.  Design and manufacture cases, power supplies, heat sinks, cables and a whole host of other parts.  

Heh... that's what I thought.  The "Busineess for Dummies" book that you read didn't work out and now you're throwing a tantrum to try to take attention away from the fact that your entire business is a failure from start to finish.  Meanwhile, in BFL land, more product than what all the other companies combined have or haven't shipped doesn't exceed what BFL has yet to be placed on our assembly line, mainly due to not having enough parts in the warehouse and we don't work on Sundays.  More hashrate than any other company has been shipped.  Poor Bick is left looking at his failure of a plan wondering what went wrong.  So sad.

Sadly, the altered text (by me) is so true, even Josh won't even try to refute that fact.
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 11:53:50 PM

Who wants me to post BCP19's isp address and information?

He has taken it upon himself to post libelous accusations about me on BFL forums. I am silenced on the forum so I cannot defend myself and since BCP19 took it upon himself to be malicious, I took it upon myself to acquire said information since the thread that I am a pedophile is still on the forum.  Grin

Feel Free
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=146678 <-- DrJoe Sock Puppet

You are the idiot that fell for such an easy set up. The irony.
Thanks!  I like your admission of guilt as well.

I completely admit it.
All I have to do is power down my modem, hold the reset button for like 30 seconds, power back up and poof, you got nothing.  Enjoy though!

Dude,he said he ALREADY has your info,all that will do is change your IP addy.Damage done dude  Roll Eyes

+100

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 11:54:03 PM

Asicminer?

F'realz.
Bwahahahahahahaha... Omg, Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

erschiessen

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:05:11 AM

Asicminer?

F'realz.
Bwahahahahahahaha... Omg, Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Put up the maths.
Put up or shut up.

Your Message Here
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:11:25 AM

Too bad BFL can't actually prove that any of their claims are true. BFL will brag and say they have shipped more hash rate than anyone. However, when asked to declare exactly how many units have shipped and exactly how many more they have to go, BFL refuses to answer saying they don't want to say how many devices they have shipped.

Those two things don't add up. Also, you would have to pretend that Bitfury did not exist, and that every single Avalon chip out of the 800K that arrived early July has gone missing, and that ASICMiner has not added any hash rate in order for BFL's claim to be correct. The last sane analysis had them around 80TH shipped.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
erschiessen

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:33:32 AM

Too bad BFL can't actually prove that any of their claims are true. BFL will brag and say they have shipped more hash rate than anyone. However, when asked to declare exactly how many units have shipped and exactly how many more they have to go, BFL refuses to answer saying they don't want to say how many devices they have shipped.

Those two things don't add up. Also, you would have to pretend that Bitfury did not exist, and that every single Avalon chip out of the 800K that arrived early July has gone missing, and that ASICMiner has not added any hash rate in order for BFL's claim to be correct. The last sane analysis had them around 80TH shipped.

I know, right?

It boggles the mind to think that the Joshes pretend that BFL isn't just another asic mining gear sometimes manufacturer.

Your Message Here
bcp19

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:44:56 AM

Put up the maths.
Put up or shut up.
I would put them up yet again, but I tire of K9's refusal to live in reality.

GPU & FPGA: 20TH <-- generous
BitFury: 85TH <-- by their pool
Avalon: 100TH? <- god knows... refunded a lot of B3... 800k chips? lol.  "2 more weeks"
ASICMiner: 110 <- I'm being generous.  Blockchain shows 5% of blocks...  3000 USB/TH...

315TH out of 500+

BFL could easily have more than any other company.

I will say, I have a problem with BitFury's numbers.  They have their "own" pool, but they don't show up on the block-chain.  Are they part of the 125TH "unknown"?  If so, how are they in a pool?  THAT seems shady.

ASICMiners' shares have dropped by almost 30%... what do the shareholders know we don't?

Don't bother nitpicking my numbers, I'll just ignore you. Show your own numbers if you disagree(and if you can)

erschiessen

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:53:53 AM

If and when they fulfill their Gen1 asic orders, it would be close.
Even you say "could", bcp.
Could, may be, possibly.

Your maths are full of the magicks of hope.

Your Message Here
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:58:17 AM

Put up the maths.
Put up or shut up.

Avalon: 100TH? <- god knows... refunded a lot of B3... 800k chips? lol.  "2 more weeks"
ASICMiner: 110 <- I'm being generous.  Blockchain shows 5% of blocks...  3000 USB/TH...

315TH out of 500+

I will say, I have a problem with BitFury's numbers.  They have their "own" pool, but they don't show up on the block-chain.  Are they part of the 125TH "unknown"?  If so, how are they in a pool?  THAT seems shady.

ASICMiners' shares have dropped by almost 30%... what do the shareholders know we don't?

Don't bother nitpicking my numbers, I'll just ignore you. Show your own numbers if you disagree(and if you can)

Bitfury does not just use one pool. That is a single example of a bitfury installation.
500K/800K of Avalon chips were not stuck in customs. The ones delivered to addresses in China arrived in late July. That is 150TH unaccounted for.
All batch 3 units were built and shipped. Given ASICMiner's ability to sell overpriced hardware in the market, I am guessing Avalon got an even better price for the units who's owners wanted refunds.
That bumps it up to at least 465TH out of 500+.
Oops.

bcp19

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:13:23 AM

Put up the maths.
Put up or shut up.

315TH out of 500+

Bitfury does not just use one pool. That is a single example of a bitfury installation.
500K/800K of Avalon chips were not stuck in customs. The ones delivered to addresses in China arrived in late July. That is 150TH unaccounted for.
All batch 3 units were built and shipped. Given ASICMiner's ability to sell overpriced hardware in the market, I am guessing Avalon got an even better price for the units who's owners wanted refunds.
That bumps it up to at least 465TH out of 500+.
Oops.
150TH of avalon chips = speculation.  Maybe that's what BitFury is using and you're doubling up
all batch 3 shipped? really?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=257748.0
5 days ago, BitFury was at 40TH, today 90TH.  50TH in 5 days!!!!!  Hot damn, that's freaking amazing!  90% of network increase from 1 company in 5 days!

:redflag

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:22:52 AM

150TH of avalon chips = speculation.  Maybe that's what BitFury is using and you're doubling up
all batch 3 shipped? really?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=257748.0
5 days ago, BitFury was at 40TH, today 90TH.  50TH in 5 days!!!!!  Hot damn, that's freaking amazing!  90% of network increase from 1 company in 5 days!

Um you do realize bitfury is making (and selling) their own chip.
They designed their own ASIC and are using those to build out their own mining farm and sell to customers via pre-orders.

So there is bitfury the ASIC and bitfury the private mining farm using the bitfury ASIC.  There are also at least 4 resellers selling rigs based on the bitfury chip.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:32:12 AM

150TH of avalon chips = speculation. 
Um, no. That is from the spreadsheet of orders that Avalon released. Plus some math to multiply the hash rate of each chip times the number of chips. Is that where you got lost? The math?

Maybe that's what BitFury is using and you're doubling up
Bitfury designed their own chip. Not surprised you don't have any clue about who they since:
Name:   bcp19
Date Registered:   July 05, 2013, 03:28:38 PM

Yes, really. You should try google. It is pretty cool. Everyone from MIT is using it.
"Batch three have completely left our hands, may DHL be swift in their deliveries." - http://www.avalon-asics.com/ reported on Aug 9th. They had been shipping for a couple of weeks prior to that based on reports from the field.

5 days ago, BitFury was at 40TH, today 90TH.  50TH in 5 days!!!!!  Hot damn, that's freaking amazing!  90% of network increase from 1 company in 5 days!
That is what companies who can properly outsource board production are capable of. So they set up 80 fully populated back-planes in 5 days. That is 16 per day. 2 guys could do that easy. Take board out of box, plug into backplane. Rinse-repeat, once populated plug into network. Turn on power switch.

bcp19

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:41:19 AM

<bs snipped>

Still waiting on that breakdown from http://bfl.ptz.ro/ that you claim to be so smart in doing.  I care not for your continued BS.

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:42:15 AM

* Viceroy  echos "I care not" 
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:23:52 AM

<bs snipped>

Still waiting on that breakdown from http://bfl.ptz.ro/ that you claim to be so smart in doing.  I care not for your continued BS.

Oh. I figured the math was so trivial that someone who attended MIT could do it in their head.
If you were waiting on it, you should have mentioned this.

You said BFL had 70,000 orders and that they had shipped less than 5%. Given the current bitcoin network hash rate of 500 TH/s, plus the other ASIC vendors, and your estimate of a 7PH/s orderbook, BFL could not have shipped more than 5% of that order book unless they shipped over 350TH/s of product.

You said that on average, each BFL order is for 100GH/s. Thus 70,000 orders, each for 100GH/s.

There was a total of 7668 devices in that table (http://bfl.ptz.ro/) for 4951 orders. This is an average of 1.548 devices per order.

1.548 x 70,000 is 108,400 devices total according to the distribution of http://bfl.ptz.ro/.

5% of that order book is 5,420 devices.

If we subtract that from 108,400 we get 102,980 devices left in the backlog.

102,980 is more than 100,000, thus 100,000+ devices would be accurate.

At 300 units per day, BFL would need 344 days to ship that many units. September 30th is only 35 days away.

bcp19

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:36:49 AM

<bs snipped>

<more BS snipped>
I used that spreadsheet to show they likely had shipped 165TH and you still have a hardon for 7ph. Sad.

I estimated they had shipped ~8000 jalapenos, ~1600 LS, ~500 Singles and ~77 Minis and you say 5420 devices.

Since you can only post misquoted trash you obviously cannot perofrm a simple calculation.

Still waiting.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:45:27 AM

Here is the break down of the http://bfl.ptz.ro/ data into total devices in a 7PH/s orderbook.

You said BFL had 70,000 orders and that they had shipped less than 5%. Given the current bitcoin network hash rate of 500 TH/s, plus the other ASIC vendors, and your estimate of a 7PH/s orderbook, BFL could not have shipped more than 5% of that order book unless they shipped over 350TH/s of product.

You said that on average, each BFL order is for 100GH/s. Thus 70,000 orders, each for 100GH/s.

There was a total of 7668 devices in that table (http://bfl.ptz.ro/) for 4951 orders. This is an average of 1.548 devices per order.

1.548 x 70,000 is 108,400 devices total according to the distribution of http://bfl.ptz.ro/.

5% of that order book is 5,420 devices.

If we subtract that from 108,400 we get 102,980 devices left in the backlog.

102,980 is more than 100,000, thus 100,000+ devices would be accurate.

At 300 units per day, BFL would need 344 days to ship that many units. September 30th is only 35 days away.

I see that you cannot even read the math I provided. Nor can you repeat it in your posts because it proves you wrong.

Here is your original post on the subject:
BFL: 7PH and rising.

Got a link or breakdown.
1) Has anyone compiled a guestimate of the amount of pre-orders.
2) I did a breakdown in a previous thread I cannot find ATM.  Worked out to an average .1TH per BFL order and ~70k orders using the ~4900 known orders.
3) Refunds were not taken into account due to lack of information.
4) Monarchs were considered the "and rising"

That sounds like 7PH/s and rising from you.
The 70,000 orders from "4900 known orders" is the http://bfl.ptz.ro/ spreadsheet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: