Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:32:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lina.Review | Community-Driven Review Platform | TGE Event 15th Jan  (Read 23620 times)
wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:15:20 PM

They said the platform is community driven but how? Is that an advantage or a weakness?

I think you understand it wrong sir, the platform cannot be with the community like that, the project will hire their own HELPERS (to make the review).
With these, we can tell that the platform has its own core to make the review FOR the community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chess888

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:26:15 PM

As I read in the white paper about this project,
it states that the lina project is a kind of platform in which we as a consumer can have a transparent review of a certain product or services but how can I make sure that the reviews of the Lina project are credible?

The Lina Token (LINA) is the native token of the Lina Platform. It will be ERC-20 token based on Ethereum, a blockchain-based decentralized platform for applications that run exactly as programmed without any chance of fraud, censorship or third-party interference to facilitate online contractual agreements in a cryptographically secure manner.

Which means you don't need to worry about the capability of Lina due to lina review if I am not mistaken will address issues related to transparency and immutability of the score, as well as develop mechanism to help users and experts earn profits based on system development and the quality of their reviews. I guess this will answer your question sir, where this is base on my understanding according to their whitepaper.

i am not satisfied to your statement, token issues is not the main thing that @s31joemhar wants to hear. It is the transparency of the reviews on the platform itself. company or product owners may not give a solicit to LINA, though company that places their product or establishments to LINA reviews can be not fair due to companies and personnel who owns the products for review can pay for people to boost the product credibility? we don't need to ask how this can happen as we in this forum knows how to earn money by boosting up ones campaign of ICO.

However great the idea is, LInA still has its flaws. They guarantee that the reviews posted on their site can't be tampered with since they are using blockchain technology. But if you think about it, most of the reviews aren't posted impromptu or done without earlier planning or preparation. The Reviewers or Helpers prepare a review then will post it at a later time. I just hope and urge LINA team to somehow empower their Reviewers and Helpers to prevent them from posting an unfair and bias reviews. A great compensation I think will be a good start, besides most of the advertisers, business owners and the like pay more to the most "CREDIBLE" and "RELIABLE" Product Reviews and Rating companies. 

Other than the compensation they will receive, the platform itself is standardized. That way, reviewers would be able to systematically write their reviews based on the criteria available on the platform.
Bitbitchy

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:37:36 PM

They have to have restrictions with regards to the helpers. Having helpers is one of the advantage of this platform compared to others.
Those helpers are the reviewers which they call helpers but they are actually employed as reviewers and get paid as reviewers. These helpers are carefully handpicked and most are from regular users who’ve been proven to make good and quality reviews. For sure other company also have helpers.
Bitbitchy

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:45:49 PM

As I read in the white paper about this project,
it states that the lina project is a kind of platform in which we as a consumer can have a transparent review of a certain product or services but how can I make sure that the reviews of the Lina project are credible?

The Lina Token (LINA) is the native token of the Lina Platform. It will be ERC-20 token based on Ethereum, a blockchain-based decentralized platform for applications that run exactly as programmed without any chance of fraud, censorship or third-party interference to facilitate online contractual agreements in a cryptographically secure manner.

Which means you don't need to worry about the capability of Lina due to lina review if I am not mistaken will address issues related to transparency and immutability of the score, as well as develop mechanism to help users and experts earn profits based on system development and the quality of their reviews. I guess this will answer your question sir, where this is base on my understanding according to their whitepaper.

i am not satisfied to your statement, token issues is not the main thing that @s31joemhar wants to hear. It is the transparency of the reviews on the platform itself. company or product owners may not give a solicit to LINA, though company that places their product or establishments to LINA reviews can be not fair due to companies and personnel who owns the products for review can pay for people to boost the product credibility? we don't need to ask how this can happen as we in this forum knows how to earn money by boosting up ones campaign of ICO.

However great the idea is, LInA still has its flaws. They guarantee that the reviews posted on their site can't be tampered with since they are using blockchain technology. But if you think about it, most of the reviews aren't posted impromptu or done without earlier planning or preparation. The Reviewers or Helpers prepare a review then will post it at a later time. I just hope and urge LINA team to somehow empower their Reviewers and Helpers to prevent them from posting an unfair and bias reviews. A great compensation I think will be a good start, besides most of the advertisers, business owners and the like pay more to the most "CREDIBLE" and "RELIABLE" Product Reviews and Rating companies. 

For sure. I agree with you. Everyone pays for a reliable and credible reviews but what if  they pay and expect to get a good and positive review as i think every company wants and later on just get negative but honest reviews, will they still be happy about it?
Elel

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:58:30 PM

I’ve read somewhere, outside this project and not related to Lina that positive reviews can be bought and negative ones can also be paid to be removed and still another says that you can also pay someone to make or post  a negative review on your competitors, how is it then with Lina? Can a certain advertiser pay or give an under the table payment (bribe) to someof the helpers to give them a favorable review?
jlaw007

Activity: 210
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:33:16 PM

What a great project,advertiser/merchants will be the main beneficiaries of this decentralized reviews,10% of advertising revenue will be put the whole system? so that the website will have something to pay those helpers so that these people wont need to sell their reviews to these brands or products.
Yeah you are right ,that should be the fees will go thru,to pay those people who are giving reviews to the products/services that these brands wants to get reviewed.So there will be no one that will sell their reviews? because they are already making money with just reviews.

Those experts should be examined very well so there will be no biased/paid reviews in the website.

Politicians and other government employee have high salary and pay roll, though they still corrupt the country they are serving, this can be apply with LINA.REVIEW!
Yes they have payment and budget for helpers, but what will happen if some company that want the best review for their business or product pay some helpers 2 years of their salary in just 1 review?
As far as I know, lina review will focus in the service of the firms and company, not in the government. And I think it is hard to integrate reviews in politics since we all know that the politicians don't have the plan to drop their position in just a matter of review.

Based on my own understanding the lina review is not connected in any political reviews because the focus of this project is to give reviews of the products and services of the said company.

The reviews will be reviewed, if a helper's reviews are not consistent, the helper will be demoted.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:38:28 PM

I’ve read somewhere, outside this project and not related to Lina that positive reviews can be bought and negative ones can also be paid to be removed and still another says that you can also pay someone to make or post  a negative review on your competitors, how is it then with Lina? Can a certain advertiser pay or give an under the table payment (bribe) to someof the helpers to give them a favorable review?

It is everywhere, most of the reviews are fake, some are paid.
This LINA.REVIEW will hire their own helpers that will do the review for them with the certain product or business.
This platform will try to be transparent to make sure that every review is real and 100% true!
The team will give salary to those helpers that will make them do better. These people who will give the statement will be filtered through their CV and background.
chess888

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:47:41 PM

What a great project,advertiser/merchants will be the main beneficiaries of this decentralized reviews,10% of advertising revenue will be put the whole system? so that the website will have something to pay those helpers so that these people wont need to sell their reviews to these brands or products.
Yeah you are right ,that should be the fees will go thru,to pay those people who are giving reviews to the products/services that these brands wants to get reviewed.So there will be no one that will sell their reviews? because they are already making money with just reviews.

Those experts should be examined very well so there will be no biased/paid reviews in the website.

Politicians and other government employee have high salary and pay roll, though they still corrupt the country they are serving, this can be apply with LINA.REVIEW!
Yes they have payment and budget for helpers, but what will happen if some company that want the best review for their business or product pay some helpers 2 years of their salary in just 1 review?
As far as I know, lina review will focus in the service of the firms and company, not in the government. And I think it is hard to integrate reviews in politics since we all know that the politicians don't have the plan to drop their position in just a matter of review.

Based on my own understanding the lina review is not connected in any political reviews because the focus of this project is to give reviews of the products and services of the said company.

The reviews will be reviewed, if a helper's reviews are not consistent, the helper will be demoted.

In lina, the reviews are standardized. Even helpers will have to follow those review standards. In making their review, they will have to write up more and even if they get paid, they will still follow the standard.
jlaw007

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:03:36 PM

I read that you are into REVIEWS and online reputations.
bad and good comment or review are both publicity and this is what every company or seller needs.
How can you make that bad reviews to turn around and make it one of the best impact for the company?
I know this is possible and everyone can do this in their own way!

As per my own opinion the bad reviews of a certain product could become a strong point of a commodity if the people will see that this negative feedback is being developed or being fixed by the company itself that they will see the development of the company in terms of fixing the negative side of their product or company.
It is upon the steps that the firm will do in order to enhance their services. Bad review will either destroy the reputation of the firm or it may be a stepping stone of the firm to collect many clients.
Therefore, a review may bring change to the reputation and services of a firm so it is a must that the reviews are equal and transparent to all.
It should. Bad reviews must be posted as well so not only that costumers/user will be aware, that is also for the advertiser so they can make their products and services better. If Lina will just eliminate the negative one s and posts the positive ones, that is unfair and they will be unreliable platform for reviews.

I dont think that the lina.project was beinh developed just to eliminate those negative revirws of a certain companies. Lina was created for the benefit of the consumers for them to be more aware towards the products that they want to avail as well as the services that the costumers wants to purchase.

That is right sir lina project was not developed to just eliminate the negative review actually it was being developed to have an awareness on the companies and help the costumers on what products to be avail.

What the project eliminates is the gap between the reviewers and the consumers. Now, consumers can communicate with helpers regarding their reviews, the helpers being identified with lina.
chess888

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:16:33 PM

If the users would have a chance to be promoted to be a helper,how will the system knows when these people arent from the brands that these helpers should be reviewed?

I am a little confused on how will this system prevent those abusive people,please enlighten me.

The lina project have a set of qualifications for them to hire an individual or consumer but i don't think that lina will hire someone with out a high set of qualifications or without reviewing their backgrounds

It says in the WP  that LINa Review's Helper Board will be very strict i n the approval for being a Helper due to user-oriented  assessment of the system.

Indeed, it is true what you had read to their WP and that is very normal for the Helper board in the first place. Due to the helpers really need to review the products and services, because in the end after reviewing it will be display separately.
Reviewing the product before they display or sell in the market is one of the best reason of the success of a company and the helper is the one who analyse the said product properly,so meaning the lina.Review will carefully check the qualification of the applicant.
If we didn't review the product obviously the business in the long run will go into failures because no market will come in, isn't right? That is why there is a helper that will check and evaluate the goods and with it they will see the services happen. Therefore lina.eview will work for that matter anyway.

To become a helper, one will need to apply for it, and the application process will require a background check.
jlaw007

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:27:11 PM

If the users would have a chance to be promoted to be a helper,how will the system knows when these people arent from the brands that these helpers should be reviewed?

I am a little confused on how will this system prevent those abusive people,please enlighten me.

The lina project have a set of qualifications for them to hire an individual or consumer but i don't think that lina will hire someone with out a high set of qualifications or without reviewing their backgrounds

It says in the WP  that LINa Review's Helper Board will be very strict i n the approval for being a Helper due to user-oriented  assessment of the system.

Indeed, it is true what you had read to their WP and that is very normal for the Helper board in the first place. Due to the helpers really need to review the products and services, because in the end after reviewing it will be display separately.
Reviewing the product before they display or sell in the market is one of the best reason of the success of a company and the helper is the one who analyse the said product properly,so meaning the lina.Review will carefully check the qualification of the applicant.
If we didn't review the product obviously the business in the long run will go into failures because no market will come in, isn't right? That is why there is a helper that will check and evaluate the goods and with it they will see the services happen. Therefore lina.eview will work for that matter anyway.

To become a helper, one will need to apply for it, and the application process will require a background check.

That depends on the product, but having someone from a branded company can be a good thing since that might be equal to expertise, and expertise would create high quality reviews.
chess888

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:41:48 PM

One of the main problems in terms of review is having lack of criteria people who are giving reviews doesnt have any standards in terms or criticing a certain brand or  the product itself in this case the reviewer will be having some difficulties in which product she or he will purchase but in lina project in its platforms states that in every product or services there will be a particular standard given for the reviewer or for the costumers who purchased the pruducts.

I believe Lina.review had already some solution to this.  If you read their whitepaper, they have some qualification to be a helper.  This means helpers have guidelines to follow in reviewing certain products.  I believe that these guidelines will be their basis to qualify these helpers.  Though I wonder if these helpers will be the consumers themselves because if they are not then all their reviews will be questionable since they do not have a first hand experience on the said products which they reviewed.

I agree with what s31joemhar and BitcoinPanther's statements (underlined). In LInA, the Helpers have guidelines or criteria in reviewing certain products. If we will just read the Whitepaper on page 12, a table shows "The strengths of Lina compared to the current system". We can find it in the 2nd column and 4th row of the said table. It says that "Build specific review criteria for each subject with the assistance of available team of Helpers."

This is another major advantage of lina. Having this would improve user experience since they will be seeing specifics as to the product reviews they are viewing. Also, this would eliminate biased reviews since whenever one makes a review, they would have to take into consideration the review criteria existing.
Tigerheart3026

Activity: 902
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:06:56 PM

It should some some positive and negative trust like what we have in bitcointalk.org so that people might know that those helpers are legit and not selling their reviews,so that the system wont be that easy to crack,because these greedy people will always find there way to make money.
It might not happen, why? Because the helpers will automatically remove from the service if the administration or the lina core will find something fishy with their helper. If the helper will always be given an opportunity to prove herself that she is not paid helper and if the lina review will turn to trust system, I think the helpers will take advantage the system.
In our life, we have only one chance, one opportunity to prove ourselves! That's why death is always the risk of life.
You might be right because if you are one of those helpers,you might find a way to get more profits even if you risk your reputation but lets wait for the developers to come and explain how this system will work.

But as of the moment the developer is not appearing themselves to accommodate all the questions of the community who passed by on this thread section. Unless if the ico reach the end of their campaign period then it maybe th e right time for them to respond  to all concerns. But for now all the concerns by many are depending on the whitepaper which has lina.review have.
jlaw007

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:11:44 PM

One of the main problems in terms of review is having lack of criteria people who are giving reviews doesnt have any standards in terms or criticing a certain brand or  the product itself in this case the reviewer will be having some difficulties in which product she or he will purchase but in lina project in its platforms states that in every product or services there will be a particular standard given for the reviewer or for the costumers who purchased the pruducts.

I believe Lina.review had already some solution to this.  If you read their whitepaper, they have some qualification to be a helper.  This means helpers have guidelines to follow in reviewing certain products.  I believe that these guidelines will be their basis to qualify these helpers.  Though I wonder if these helpers will be the consumers themselves because if they are not then all their reviews will be questionable since they do not have a first hand experience on the said products which they reviewed.

I agree with what s31joemhar and BitcoinPanther's statements (underlined). In LInA, the Helpers have guidelines or criteria in reviewing certain products. If we will just read the Whitepaper on page 12, a table shows "The strengths of Lina compared to the current system". We can find it in the 2nd column and 4th row of the said table. It says that "Build specific review criteria for each subject with the assistance of available team of Helpers."

This is another major advantage of lina. Having this would improve user experience since they will be seeing specifics as to the product reviews they are viewing. Also, this would eliminate biased reviews since whenever one makes a review, they would have to take into consideration the review criteria existing.
When a user is viewing a review, it would become easier to compare a product or a service based on the review criteria they set up, hence it would be easier to identify ones preference.
smith4cris

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

Some people live their dreams...destiny passes by.

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:32:38 PM

I’ve read somewhere, outside this project and not related to Lina that positive reviews can be bought and negative ones can also be paid to be removed and still another says that you can also pay someone to make or post  a negative review on your competitors, how is it then with Lina? Can a certain advertiser pay or give an under the table payment (bribe) to someof the helpers to give them a favorable review?

It is possible if the advertisers will contact the helpers personally. Lina.review is a community based platform, as a prospective helper in the future, I myself would like to help would like to contribute in maintaining the integrity of Lina platform. Helpers are paid to make a review regardless whether it is positive or a negative one. If consumers will loose trust on Lina.review, Helpers in General will be affected since merchants will no longer choose Lina to review their products. For merchants we do hope that they will not resort to bribing Helpers. If they want they can invest their money in improving their products to be more competitive and to gain positive reviews. Good Luck to us.

L I N A   R E V I E W   ⚫●.  __COMMUNITY-DRIVEN REVIEW PLATFORM__
█ ▌   PARTICIPATE NOW   ▐ █ (https://lina.review)
Bitbratt

Activity: 198

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:12:27 PM

It should some some positive and negative trust like what we have in bitcointalk.org so that people might know that those helpers are legit and not selling their reviews,so that the system wont be that easy to crack,because these greedy people will always find there way to make money.
It might not happen, why? Because the helpers will automatically remove from the service if the administration or the lina core will find something fishy with their helper. If the helper will always be given an opportunity to prove herself that she is not paid helper and if the lina review will turn to trust system, I think the helpers will take advantage the system.
In our life, we have only one chance, one opportunity to prove ourselves! That's why death is always the risk of life.
You might be right because if you are one of those helpers,you might find a way to get more profits even if you risk your reputation but lets wait for the developers to come and explain how this system will work.

But as of the moment the developer is not appearing themselves to accommodate all the questions of the community who passed by on this thread section. Unless if the ico reach the end of their campaign period then it maybe th e right time for them to respond  to all concerns. But for now all the concerns by many are depending on the whitepaper which has lina.review have.
But it’s quite confusing you know. Nowadays scammers are everywhere so it is also another doubt/fear for investors that the developer is not showing up. You know investors will be putting their money in uncertainty.
Wylie330

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:32:22 PM

The usual option for the users in today's review system is just "Good" or "Not good". And we cannot see it as accurate since people have different criteria when it comes to rating. What's good about Lina.review, there are different criteria per subject to be reviewed. So the satisfaction or dissatisfaction of the user is specific and obtained fairly.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
smith4cris

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

Some people live their dreams...destiny passes by.

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:12:57 PM

The usual option for the users in today's review system is just "Good" or "Not good". And we cannot see it as accurate since people have different criteria when it comes to rating. What's good about Lina.review, there are different criteria per subject to be reviewed. So the satisfaction or dissatisfaction of the user is specific and obtained fairly.

For google you can rate an app from 1-5.  I think Lina.review will have similar rating and more. It's not a blog or vlog but an honest review or rating. It will be burdensome for users or consumers to view all reviews but to get the general summary of the  rating would be a good start on knowing if the product is a good buy.

L I N A   R E V I E W   ⚫●.  __COMMUNITY-DRIVEN REVIEW PLATFORM__
█ ▌   PARTICIPATE NOW   ▐ █ (https://lina.review)
Jadeite

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:17:34 PM

It came across my mind,too, about the bribery to the helpers.How can Lina prevent helpers from getting involve with such acts and stay committed to giving quality and reliable reviews?
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:42:23 PM

It came across my mind,too, about the bribery to the helpers.How can Lina prevent helpers from getting involve with such acts and stay committed to giving quality and reliable reviews?

There will be many HELPERS in the team to do the review, i think they will be catch easily if they will give a review far different from the majority,
This will be a huge project and LINA.REVIEW will definitely get numbers of reviewer, therefore one to some numbers of people that will make paid reviews will be reveal easily.
What am i afraid is IF lina.review will be the one to be paid, and they will just tell their helpers what to say.

There is a zero percent where LINA.REVIEW will accept money just for the bias review as they are looking for success of the future,
Their project and team are absolutely want to ease those paid reviews and will never break on their mission as it is much better profit for them,
as per the HELPERS can do, they might be the biggest doubt on this, but i hope not!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: