Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:12:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lina.Review | Community-Driven Review Platform | TGE Event 15th Jan  (Read 23620 times)
jlaw007

Activity: 210
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:26:03 AM

"7. Whenever a user clicks submit a review, the review details will be recorded on the
Lina Core private blockchain. Note that the review could be subject to being
approved by Lina.review staff or by votes from Helpers."
If reviews are subject to Lina.review staff's approval or by votes of Helpers, does that mean quality reviews are equivalent to positive reviews only?

Lina.review's staff can continuously assess a review and assessing it means that they're checking the credibility of an review, whether it's a positive or negative review, the important thing that matters is the accuracy of the said review.

Is there a possibility that a big company can bribe this LINA>REVIEW company?
well there is so many money involve around all over the world when it comes to product reviews.
there are so many fake reviews that we can read. it just the matter of money.
I hope LINA will never go down and destroy their company's credibility.
Could possibly happen. Though they cannot bribe Lina I think because it is a blockchain but i read somewhere in their whitepaper that advertisers/merchants interacts with helpers. I was thinking also maybe this way that they interact which means they communicate, could also be a possible way to bribe the helpers. What do you think about it?
What do you think about the process of submitting a review then having it be approved by lina staff or helpers?
They are being careful so that reviews on the site would only be quality reviews.
But doesn't that process mean that the results will not be transparent?
It only means that some of the reviews are not good enough or doesn't meet the standards of a critic.
That would make it seem that they are manipulating the results since not all reviews submitted can be seen.

review could be subject to being approved by Lina.review staff or by votes from Helpers.

They did not say that that they will be hiding the reviews if not approved.

That is what is implied by "could be subject to being approved" What's the point of having that process if you can't do something about reviews that will not be approved?

Whenever a user clicks on the ads link, the click will be recorded on the Lina Core
private blockchain.
7. Whenever a user clicks submit a review, the review details will be recorded on the
Lina Core private blockchain.
The clicks will be recorded, clicks on ads, clicks on submit a review. That's the point of it being on blockchain. Everything can be traced.

So I click on an ad, then made a review then click submit, then it's subject for approval. If it's not got enough, it won't be approved? What will happen to reviews submitted but not approved? Will they still be part of the score?
This is an example walk-through of a bid for advertising request from a Merchant and the
reward sharing flows:

This is just an example, it could be subject to change. They did not specify if the review will actually be hidden if not approved. They did not specify anything except that it "could be" subject for approval.
They should answer the question on what will happen if a review is not approved. Why not approve a review in the first place? What are the criteria for a good review? What are the things that would make your review not approved?
A white paper is just a proposal. They did their research and come up with what they think is the best for this project. I think what's on their mind  is the ability to moderate the reviews so that the review site would be a good environment.
What if someone makes an honest review and it does not get approved? That would be unfair!
Honest review might not be a good review. Lina is creating new standards in the review industry, so someone shouldn't just be honest or simply share their opinion. It should be matching the new standards of lina review.
The standardization that I read on the wp only involves adding specific criteria for a subject. That is basic and sort of mandatory part of the site since it would be included in the part you fill out when submitting a review. What if it still doesn't get approved?
That might be a part to be improved since they did not write anything about that. The common resolution to that is the ability to reverse it or to be able to follow up on a review if it's not approved.
The wp stated that reputation management is done by hiding bad reviews, resulting in users losing trust and the system losing credibility. Them doing that would make them the same as others since they will have control over the approval of reviews and control over the result. It gives them the ability to hide bad reviews.
I agree on the part that they should not hide bad reviews but some reviews might be of low quality, or spam? Should all reviews be approved, then?
I believe all reviews should be approved. They are recording it in blockchain, so they should just approve them all. All reviews are recorded, why not approve them all?
chess888

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:29:33 AM

"7. Whenever a user clicks submit a review, the review details will be recorded on the
If reviews are subject to Lina.review staff's approval or by votes of Helpers, does that mean quality reviews are equivalent to positive reviews only?

Lina.review's staff can continuously assess a review and assessing it means that they're checking the credibility of an review, whether it's a positive or negative review, the important thing that matters is the accuracy of the said review.

well there is so many money involve around all over the world when it comes to product reviews.
Could possibly happen. Though they cannot bribe Lina I think because it is a blockchain but i read somewhere in their whitepaper that advertisers/merchants interacts with helpers. I was thinking also maybe this way that they interact which means they communicate, could also be a possible way to bribe the helpers. What do you think about it?
What do you think about the process of submitting a review then having it be approved by lina staff or helpers?
They are being careful so that reviews on the site would only be quality reviews.
It only means that some of the reviews are not good enough or doesn't meet the standards of a critic.
That would make it seem that they are manipulating the results since not all reviews submitted can be seen.

review could be subject to being approved by Lina.review staff or by votes from Helpers.

That is what is implied by "could be subject to being approved" What's the point of having that process if you can't do something about reviews that will not be approved?

Whenever a user clicks on the ads link, the click will be recorded on the Lina Core
private blockchain.
7. Whenever a user clicks submit a review, the review details will be recorded on the
The clicks will be recorded, clicks on ads, clicks on submit a review. That's the point of it being on blockchain. Everything can be traced.

So I click on an ad, then made a review then click submit, then it's subject for approval. If it's not got enough, it won't be approved? What will happen to reviews submitted but not approved? Will they still be part of the score?
This is an example walk-through of a bid for advertising request from a Merchant and the
reward sharing flows:

This is just an example, it could be subject to change. They did not specify if the review will actually be hidden if not approved. They did not specify anything except that it "could be" subject for approval.
They should answer the question on what will happen if a review is not approved. Why not approve a review in the first place? What are the criteria for a good review? What are the things that would make your review not approved?
A white paper is just a proposal. They did their research and come up with what they think is the best for this project. I think what's on their mind  is the ability to moderate the reviews so that the review site would be a good environment.
What if someone makes an honest review and it does not get approved? That would be unfair!
Honest review might not be a good review. Lina is creating new standards in the review industry, so someone shouldn't just be honest or simply share their opinion. It should be matching the new standards of lina review.
The standardization that I read on the wp only involves adding specific criteria for a subject. That is basic and sort of mandatory part of the site since it would be included in the part you fill out when submitting a review. What if it still doesn't get approved?
That might be a part to be improved since they did not write anything about that. The common resolution to that is the ability to reverse it or to be able to follow up on a review if it's not approved.
The wp stated that reputation management is done by hiding bad reviews, resulting in users losing trust and the system losing credibility. Them doing that would make them the same as others since they will have control over the approval of reviews and control over the result. It gives them the ability to hide bad reviews.
I agree on the part that they should not hide bad reviews but some reviews might be of low quality, or spam? Should all reviews be approved, then?
I believe all reviews should be approved. They are recording it in blockchain, so they should just approve them all. All reviews are recorded, why not approve them all?
If all reviews are approved, even low quality reviews are available to be seen, and how about spam? What if a user is proven to be writing spam reviews to make the results of a product appear better or worse?
jlaw007

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:32:04 AM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

If all reviews are approved, even low quality reviews are available to be seen, and how about spam? What if a user is proven to be writing spam reviews to make the results of a product appear better or worse?
All reviews being available is what makes it transparent. That's the point of basing it on blockchain, for it to be transparent and immutable.
chess888

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:34:37 AM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

All reviews being available is what makes it transparent. That's the point of basing it on blockchain, for it to be transparent and immutable.
If you include spam reviews in the result, that would make the result inaccurate and the site not trustworthy. The result would be transparent but still biased.
jlaw007

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:37:15 AM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

If you include spam reviews in the result, that would make the result inaccurate and the site not trustworthy. The result would be transparent but still biased.
I think it's better if all reviews are approved, then in case a review seems to be spam or not credible, there should just be a report to mod button like bct or mark as spam like in fb. Reported reviews should still be available to be seen but not included in the score.
Khayem

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:38:04 AM

Filtering and Manipulating reviews are two different things. In the same sense, not all reviews submitted are meaningful.
chess888

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:39:03 AM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

I think it's better if all reviews are approved, then in case a review seems to be spam or not credible, there should just be a report to mod button like bct or mark as spam like in fb. Reported reviews should still be available to be seen but not included in the score.
That actually seems better. Reported reviews should be reversible, too, just in case they make it that way.
jlaw007

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:39:44 AM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

That actually seems better. Reported reviews should be reversible, too, just in case they make it that way.
"Subject for approval" is really vague. They should have planned that part better.
ConquerGold

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:51:52 AM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

"Subject for approval" is really vague. They should have planned that part better.
It says it is just an example. They were probably focused on the part for merchants and advertisers since they are the ones to be paying for the system.
jlaw007

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:59:06 AM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

It says it is just an example. They were probably focused on the part for merchants and advertisers since they are the ones to be paying for the system.
Yeah, the example actually is just a walk through on the intended process for bids and for reward sharing.
ConquerGold

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:59:58 AM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

Yeah, the example actually is just a walk through on the intended process for bids and for reward sharing.
It seems to focus on how an advertising campaign will work on lina, where will the bucks go.
jlaw007

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:02:29 PM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

It seems to focus on how an advertising campaign will work on lina, where will the bucks go.
Well, they are supposed to try and sell/market it more to those merchants and advertisers since that's where the revenue will come from.
ConquerGold

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:07:57 PM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

Well, they are supposed to try and sell/market it more to those merchants and advertisers since that's where the revenue will come from.
They should have done something more, some more marketing for the users since their tag line is being community based. What's  the point of community based if there is no community.
jlaw007

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:09:42 PM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

They should have done something more, some more marketing for the users since their tag line is being community based. What's  the point of community based if there is no community.
Yeah, they should have tried to do something better to attract more users.
ConquerGold

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:27:23 PM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

The project if read by someone tech savvy and knows a bit about the review industry would probably support the project since it has good intentions.
jlaw007

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:29:15 PM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

The project if read by someone tech savvy and knows a bit about the review industry would probably support the project since it has good intentions.
Good intentions is not enough. They were planning to monetize the review industry, they should have gone all the way.
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:18:46 PM

I think they have morality about doing right on the review, and besides they hired as helpers and they need to show their abilities being a good reviewer.
xamil

Activity: 354

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:58:06 PM

Anything is possible to happened like bribing and all I can say is I trust lina.review because they have presented their company well and I believe that they have word of honor to us, investors of this project. Fake reviews are everywhere that's why they came up to this idea of a review site that is credible and transparent I hope that can attest to that. All we can do is wait and see how they work!
for sure lina.review will not make an action that they subvert. there are other review that we can't see the transparency of the product after we saw on hand, but in lina.review we can see the transparency of every product that undergo to their company.
Betternet

Activity: 141

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:59:55 PM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

I beleive it is cleary stated that it is “Subject for approval” in business term its is Being dependent or conditional upon something, as in subject to shareholder approval.Being under the dominion or authority, as of a sovereign, authority, or government, as in subject to the boss's whims.-Business Dictionary. I hope this will clear up any confusion you have in mind. In short they have the authority to approve or to decline the review before they published it on their website.
Bittyful

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:10:19 PM

private blockchain.

reward sharing flows:

I beleive it is cleary stated that it is “Subject for approval” in business term its is Being dependent or conditional upon something, as in subject to shareholder approval.Being under the dominion or authority, as of a sovereign, authority, or government, as in subject to the boss's whims.-Business Dictionary. I hope this will clear up any confusion you have in mind. In short they have the authority to approve or to decline the review before they published it on their website.

There you go! This is a very long convesation that I have seen. Im glad that all of the people here are active despite the fact that the dev are not showing up. Glad that Im into this project because of you im encourage and enlighten about this. I know that lina.review will make a way to be able to execute their claims so that thia project will surely be a success.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: