Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:36:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is bitcoin legal???  (Read 2970 times)
Skroojee

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:09:31 PM

There are countries where it is prohibited, but in fact it is not possible to regulate. I think that for Bitkoyn and many Altkoins the future, in fact, it is possible in full that, with the correct regulation of this issue, the Crypto-currencies, which are based on the blockchain, can be very useful for the whole world.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oscarrsm

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:21:50 PM

In many countries, a decision has yet to be made on the official status of bitcoins. They think and decide what to do. In some bitcoin absolutely prohibited. But in Japan, it is legal and fully supported by the government. They want to run the program to support the bitcoin course with real money.
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:50:58 PM

In many countries, a decision has yet to be made on the official status of bitcoins. They think and decide what to do. In some bitcoin absolutely prohibited. But in Japan, it is legal and fully supported by the government. They want to run the program to support the bitcoin course with real money.

I guess because the creator of bitcoin is Satoshi Nakamoto which is very Japanese? It's part patriotism i believe.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
bottledfireworks

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:39:13 AM

Bitcoin is of interest to law enforcement agencies, tax authorities, and legal regulators, all of which are trying to understand how the cryptocurrency fits into existing frameworks. The legality of your bitcoin activities will depend on who you are, where you live, and what you are doing with it.

Some countries banned bitcoin because of bad behavior of many people carrying the name of bitcoin. They not follow what regulations that bitcoin has given. But not all countries. Some countries support bitcoin to gain more profit.
jhezmark

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:01:44 AM

bitcoin is legal but bitcoin dont have tax thats why some country will banned the bitcoin.
cesarzgamer

Activity: 209

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:00:28 AM

Well, it depends where you live in uk you can use it and sell it however you need to note down every transaction and pay tax if profit/sold amount is bigger than 11k. On other hand i china there is ban on Bitcoin i'm not sure about other cryptocurrency but there bitcoin is considered as illegal.

I hope i didn't made any mistake and my informations are accurate if not then please correct me.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:06:23 AM

only in some countries
but in my country, Indonesia prohibits transactions using bitcoin
meaning, Bitcoin is prohibited from being used to replace the rupiah
Sidiq SP

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:13:14 AM

it is true that legality depends on where I live, for me legality is important because we will be maximally working, in this case, in my country indonesia legality does not exist, although also not prohibit it, but I really hope that the government to immediately legalize this bitcoin, so there is no sense of was was and we are participating in it increasingly maximize our work
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:30:25 AM

The true is that bitcoin is a pain in the ass of banks and governments, because they can't control and tax cryptocurrencies.
So they make big claims about banning them or to make them illegal, just to scare population.
But the true is that they cant really ban bitcoin, if they don't shut down the internet.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:36:36 AM

Bitcoin is of interest to law enforcement agencies, tax authorities, and legal regulators, all of which are trying to understand how the cryptocurrency fits into existing frameworks. The legality of your bitcoin activities will depend on who you are, where you live, and what you are doing with it.

Bitcoin has already been legalized in many countries and I am confident that bitcoin will be adopted in many countries of the world in the near future. The society understands that the technology of the blockchain can greatly change people's lives.

Cocojam0610
Copper Member

Activity: 266

FILIPINO TRANSLATOR

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:14:37 PM

no need to legalize bitcoin. what is important is to regulate exchanges for the protection of its users

HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:27:16 PM

It's depend on the country  you live in !  Grin
It does depend on the Country the person is at.
That can't be said with just anything but Bitcoin can get away with it being not 100% illegal.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
alexey8080

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:08:39 PM

Nice news from Arizona. Very good for Bitcoin.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-arizona-senate-passes-bill-to-allow-tax-payments-in-bitcoin
shams

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:11:17 PM

At this time many countries around the world are still understanding the technology behind bitcoin and still confused about the legality about bitcoin but I am sure as the time goes on and people around the world understand more about bitcoin they will start to accept it and it will be legal around the world.
CoachCarter

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:23:10 PM

yes the company of bitcoin is legal since they have or granted a license to operate so all transactions they have are safe.
JinCrypts

Activity: 170

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:27:43 PM

In my country bitcoin can be served as legal because even though our government knows it, they're not taking measures from it. They just warn us not to trust so much in cryptocurrency, but about banning and other taxation are not being talked about. So in my country it is still legal

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
hyunee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:02:15 PM

I won't consider bitcoin is illegal either. There are so many ways to use bitcoin and bitcoin is capable of doing. One example is that bitcoin can be used in transaction. Buying goods and services with the use of bitcoin is so convenient in many ways. It is just that some countries are taking extra careful to bitcoin when it comes to the source of it funds. But we are aware that the funds that bitcoin has are from the investors investing in the works of cryptocurrency such as bounty programs, or campaigns.
deathwish

Activity: 123

Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 06:09:42 PM

Bitcoin is Legal. What you use it for could be illegal in the country you live in.
If you use Bitcoin and make profits, declare them and pay taxes. That's how it is legal.
Don't give a reason for the government to come after you. Play by the rules. Yes, your profits will diminish but you are on the side of the law.

bellanas

Activity: 392
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:10:55 PM

Here it is necessary to consider the ratio of each country to this crypto currency. Very complex understanding of the status at the moment. Although I agree that in many respects bitcoin is very convenient.
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 06:13:21 PM

Of course, it is Legal irrespective of your region. Talking Bitcoin, what it offers is far way better than what most conventional financial institutions in term of percentage charges in a transaction. the main issue associated with cryptocurrency generally today is the Volatility issue. I think and hope if the Government of every country finds a better way to mitigate the explosive rate of cryptocurrency adoption in the mainstream it will be reasonable.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: