Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:59:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
JinCrypts

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:30:35 PM

It depends whenever the program succeeded or not, because if the ICO reaches the hard cap we are expecting increase of price so it is better to HODL but if not, then sell immediately since investors are not interested in it hence it will be hard to pump in price.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:35:00 PM

You will have to decide for yourself whether to hold or sell. If you are holding a quality ICO it will be great mistake for you to throw away all the money you could have earn in the event that such ICO maturity and become successful.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:43:18 PM

I'm sure that it's better don`t sell bounty awards to companies. The award is best left until better times, because this award can be increased in several times, so it's better not to rush with its sale. Just HODL!
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:44:28 PM

You will have to decide for yourself whether to hold or sell. If you are holding a quality ICO it will be great mistake for you to throw away all the money you could have earn in the event that such ICO maturity and become successful.
That is why it is important to have at least some knowledge with what you are investing at or what you are joining,  but for me it it came from bounties I do have a fear with the price so I am always selling it when the value is already available in the exchange but if it is bitcoin, then it is a different scenario.
zdrmay

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

It all depends on the project in which you participated. You had to share behind the development of the company, read white paper, news. In general, monitor the market of crypto currency, listen to traders. At all, there are 3 options for the development of the event. Immediately sell all the coins, hold, or else sell part, and hold part. Good luck.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:29:31 AM

That is really up to the person but why would you sell if you believe in the project in the first place, these coins are fresh in the market so you will need time for price discovery.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:57:51 AM

I think it really depends on some factors. For me, I think I've learned it the hard way when it comes for me to keep holding them for long. I realized one thing that not all are designed for long-term growth, and I need money as well.

I do have some few holdings that are built for the long-run, while most of them will be classified to short and mid-term ones. We can't avoid the dumps once a bounty hunter receives his or her tokens and trading it to the exchanges.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Whitebit42

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:19:42 AM

I prefer to hodl all the altcoins that I get from the bounty. Maybe I will sell some coins when there is a favorable situation for this.
bigboss2

Activity: 80

https://bwex.co/

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:22:38 PM

You should hold your Bounty rewards and not sell it immediately.
Usually the immediate value of the bounty rewards is nothing and if you sell them immediately, you will hardly get anything. So, instead of selling the Bounty rewards immediately, you should hold them until they get a good value.

sentinus

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:33:28 PM

I hold half of them. And I sell the rest. I think, It is less risky and profitable

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
daglordjames

Activity: 550

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:08:47 PM

for me ill hold my bounty rewards because its a good strategy to get more profit.
herromerro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:20:39 PM

for me ill hold my bounty rewards because its a good strategy to get more profit.

Sometimes that's true, but sometimes it doesn't work. There are projects haven't got over ICO prices.
margah09

Activity: 252

https://bitnautic.io/images/bitnautic-logo-bit.png

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:42:08 PM

It depends, mostly, I prefer HOLD my bounty token rewards and Airdrop. I read updates, make research, regarding project supply, or seeing roadmaps if it is accurate as stated. Reward tokens are precious to me. And NO UPDATES, means DUMP it when price is good enough,.

Xtra_Coin

Activity: 140

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:44:52 PM

Immediately sell is only if the bounty from the company in which you took part, causes mistrust. If the project was good, then it makes sense to wait half a year or more.

belalangsembah

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:06:27 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

it's better to hold a token from bounty rewards, because its price will increase as well because my friends are doing so they earn more than double the bounty rewards and sometimes I've tried this strategy and I've proven that I grew up in the bounty because my token price increased

It really depends if you need money, you can sell your token partly and the rest you better hold for some time, I sell it because it cost me for everyday life. Partly I resist because I know the project from the prize program that I got has a good future project
Kulafu

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:16:41 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

Your assumption is the reality. If you are in the third world country you need to sell it quickly to have a descent food in your table and pay some bills. 

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:12:10 AM

In my opinion, it depends on the project of the coin. If the coin has the potential in the market and the ICO had a successful crowd sale I'll probably HODL it but if the coin is not that worthy of holding I would sell it 3 months after they gave the reward.
The most important factor is if the coin has any future, it is easy to to think that just because an ico got a lot of investors that is going to go up after the ico but most of the time the opposite happens since there is not any money left to buy the coins in the open market therefore always think of what may make a coin unique before buying or selling.
King Bounty

Activity: 392

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:14:07 PM

better at hold, because if you sell it directly and when the price goes up you will regret.

Plimo

Activity: 185

Shopify Developer

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:14:56 PM

There are a lot of people that made A LOT OF MONEY from holding.
So I guess hold it. But if you need to sell it badly do itl

Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:18:05 PM

Will for it will up to you if you want to sell. Because you wont scared lose fund. Because you didnt put your money on it. But for me i will for announce or i eill wait to pump it. Because if that is ico is not a scam it will pump huge money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: