Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:24:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:11:46 AM

Let's face it, lots of us don't have the time or eagerness to study coins. There are some out there that curious enough to do this. And because of that, we tend to go out on a chat group/comments looking for answers. This way we decide to hodl or sell. This is also the reason many sell fast, they tend to follow what others are feeding on them. This is not best and should be avoided.

We couldn't blame those people that rely their decision based on what they have been fed to them. Majority of the people that earn their rewards through bounty tokens doesn't really intend to hold. They plan to sell it in the first place for other purposes, such as funds for trading investment or convert them to Bitcoin which they will trade to actual cash for easy money. Also, bounty tokens lifespan nowadays are much shorter compared before and only a few survive.

Technical Analysis is still the best way to know if you would need to Sell now or Hodl. If the word "Technical Analysis" scares you then lets use "Self Awareness". Be aware of what the coin is it. Then decide for your self. Sell All? Sell Half? Hodl All? Hodl Half? I think this is the best way.

While this idea is a better plan rather listening to other people's decision. Still, it depends on that person's current situation. When I was into bounty tokens, I only sell 1/4 for additional investment in trading and hold the remaining tokens. If there's an emergency, I will use those bounty tokens and not through my investment or actual savings. I only considered these bounties extra money and don't take them seriously compared to established coins.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lopez cryptomania

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:19:29 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

I prefer to HODL but then you have a good point we are blessed to live in a part of the world where we don't NEED to liquidate our holdings to feed our families or pay for necessities. That being said here is an ICO I believe in, they are aiming to bring crypto into the mainstream of society. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085831.msg31823480#msg31823480
aceofspade

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:46:15 AM

Well here is how I look at it. If I was to do Bounty ever it would be because I believe in the company no other reason. What's the point of doing a bounty for some token that you don't believe in.  So Yes I would HODL. Only time I would sell is if I don't believe in the Token anymore or if I see a better opportunity. If It's NO to both then I will keep the token and HODL
Daddyj2

Activity: 532
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:49:11 AM

Been doing bounties also since January and here's what I do "30% sell 70% hold" this way you won't regret if the price of the coin spikes and if it drops you already cash out something. Just hold your bounty coins and just cash out whenever you need money if you don't need money don't sell just hold.

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:03:08 AM

Just like assets in real world, we usually hold them. The reason why we want to sell them it would only be either we want money or they are starting to become useless to us. Just like cars, what are the reason we will sell them? It is either we want to upgrade or we would rather sell them early than to wait in time where their price will be more less. Before selling your tokens, observe and know your reasons of selling.

Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:06:50 AM

this depends on each individual's thoughts, and also the condition of the market at that time, if the market conditions are good, that means maximum price, then selling is the right step, but if the price of coin in the market is very bad, then preferably HOLD

EdfuJihad

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:34:40 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

True to that mister. Many bounty hunters is just taking their time to provide their necessities in life.
Fiat money is what they seek. But as far as I know. The best solution for bounty rewards is to HODL
it. One of the reason is the transaction fees.

SameerSony

Activity: 211

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:48:01 AM

It depends in the project of your bounty campaign you joined. If it seems like the project is trash and just like some other campaigns then the future of that project is cloudy and might be a scam in the future. but if the project is unique and the team is trustworthy then it has a high chances of success in the future.
Tsar Bomba

Activity: 211

BountyHunter|AirdropHunter|Pretty Girl Hunter

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:51:44 AM

It depends on the project i'm into but usually I sell just 30% of it and HODL the rest for about 6 months coz' most significant developments and improvements of a  project happens after 6 months.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
tonyja2017

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:06:19 AM

Based on my 2 years bounty experience, I think you should hold it briefly and see the progress of the altcoin that you have hold of. If there are good news about altcoin or their team of aggressors posing new options, you should hold it longer to wait for the price of altcoin to climb up and sell.
Or you can sell immediately if it's a bad altcoin, long-term holdings will not get good results for you. good luck

roxbit

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:11:26 AM

It depends on the project i'm into but usually I sell just 30% of it and HODL the rest for about 6 months coz' most significant developments and improvements of a  project happens after 6 months.

It’s really up to you if you if you feel like selling it because the price is high. It depends on the market value of the token you have. You may opt to hold and wait for it to increase its  value if the market is low. But I suggest if  you hold you should keep it safe and secured to avoid loss.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:08:51 PM

Let's face it, lots of us don't have the time or eagerness to study coins. There are some out there that curious enough to do this. And because of that, we tend to go out on a chat group/comments looking for answers. This way we decide to hodl or sell. This is also the reason many sell fast, they tend to follow what others are feeding on them. This is not best and should be avoided.

We couldn't blame those people that rely their decision based on what they have been fed to them. Majority of the people that earn their rewards through bounty tokens doesn't really intend to hold. They plan to sell it in the first place for other purposes, such as funds for trading investment or convert them to Bitcoin which they will trade to actual cash for easy money. Also, bounty tokens lifespan nowadays are much shorter compared before and only a few survive.

Technical Analysis is still the best way to know if you would need to Sell now or Hodl. If the word "Technical Analysis" scares you then lets use "Self Awareness". Be aware of what the coin is it. Then decide for your self. Sell All? Sell Half? Hodl All? Hodl Half? I think this is the best way.

While this idea is a better plan rather listening to other people's decision. Still, it depends on that person's current situation. When I was into bounty tokens, I only sell 1/4 for additional investment in trading and hold the remaining tokens. If there's an emergency, I will use those bounty tokens and not through my investment or actual savings. I only considered these bounties extra money and don't take them seriously compared to established coins.

Thanks for the thought. You are right. ICOs nowadays is easy to disappear and yes not so reliable. I will note this. It's good to keep in mind also that there are some coins also that is good and nice to Hodl.
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:14:33 PM

I think it's better to be sold and used for investment in iCO.
digitalmind

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:23:33 PM

there is no simple yes or no answer to that... it depends on a lot of factors ...
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:28:00 PM

Gotta view the project and whether or not it will be relevant beyond a year. If I don't think the project has basis I will surely sell the coins, if the project has a basis then I will keep the coins. Needless to say CrowdMachine is a hype project, I won't be relinquishing what I get here anytime soon Grin.

Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 01:34:44 PM

Well,I also just realized mostly the price dumps hard after bounties are distributed and to sit down and watch yourself lose money when you could have that money is heart breaking,so sometimes I'm tempted to sell off and buy the dump later to make a profit

Inspector2580

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:45:42 PM

Depending on the situation of the market and your pocket.. You can hold or sell. Let no one choose for you. That's why there is DYOR.
BountyLord

Activity: 314

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:48:58 PM

If you will not the first seller of bounty reward than you will sold you bounty on dump. So you should hold till the moment when price will be recovered after sales of bounty hunters.
Zverek

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:53:13 PM

Everyone has their own strategy! Someone sells, someone holds . I sell 90% of my coins at the beginning of their trades, then if I see the potential in the project, I buy a coin only it costs by the time even cheaper! So I'm increasing the number of coins I'm interested in, but that's like I said, all 5-10% of all awards!
dangful

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 03:43:17 PM

We have different strategy on our tokens. Others may prefer holding while there are some who prefer to sell.  It would be nice to sell 80% and hold the 20% remaining just in if the coin will become successful, at least you have some. And if you have faith and believe in the project for the upcoming years, increase your holding percentage. With these, it is a win- win situation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: