Bitcoin Forum
October 15, 2024, 07:10:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7151 times)
Crypto_circuit

Activity: 420
Merit: 7

WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSY

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:45:20 PM

I participate in many different bounty program and there are some I hold high value for I don't sell such coin in the short time except money need arise, while other coin which I just stumble on because they look fairly good I would sell off as soon as I need to.

When you do your due diligence you should know what to hold for a long time and what you just sell of.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
CoinsInvest9

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:47:37 PM

I see that majority people who join bounties campaign, will sell token after received it and i think this is normal, maybe they need have money to pay their bills. For me, i will hold all token which i received from bounties campaign and only sell them when they finish their product as showed in Roadmap. All project need have time to perform and only when project have product then we will see its price go up.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   CEWNOTE  ●  NEWS DECENTRALIZED - EARN ON ARTICLE   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⋐⋐⋐ facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ⋑⋑⋑
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⋐⋐  PRIVATE-SALE | Sep, 4th, 18  ⋑⋑  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kumarp

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 11:53:55 PM

The big question is how much the value of bounty rewards. even if you hold for 10 years the will not worth for a penny. i saw most of the bounty 90% of bounty rewards went scam and they are not usable and even you get very few coin the transaction fee is higher than what you sell. if you get much better coins better you hold some time  you will sell some decent amount
david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:55:02 PM

I was doing the same at the beginning. Selling off straight way until the market drop down, and I did not make that much . Now, good bounty rewards or very valuable coins will stay in my wallet as long I can make more money. My word is HODL
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:09:27 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

Before, I used to sell them the soonest possible chance I get; however, I have seen that the coins may rise up after being help for a couple of weeks or months, maybe to a maximum of three to six months. I have read an article that says that some ICO or bounty-based coins have that trend of gaining value while the project is running, and when the support mellows down, which is usually after around three to six months, that's the time the coin value also goes down. So, I just time it when I should be disposing it for the biggest profit I can get.

Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:34:53 AM

Let me know how long should hodl if it's worth it. Many times i try to hodl to get a high value, but i really can't stabilize the emotions when looking at the price of dump. Until this incident made me continue to sell as soon as possible if get it. someone's needed also being a factor why should be releasing soon.

babay_ko

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:02:53 AM

It all depends on the project and how quickly you want to get your money (coins, tokens). If the project is prospective, then you can wait a little, on this decide yourself to sell immediately or HODL ?.

Chiyoko

Activity: 305

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:07:46 AM

If you strongly believe that is a really good project (good coin/ token), you should hold at least 1 year to multiply your profit
Otherwise, sell it all.
Yes , but it depends also to the project, and be patience if you believe that it will succesfull next.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Nilupulie

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:09:08 AM

Normally i prefer to sell 50% of the bounty rewards and other half i HODL for a longer period. If it is a good project i do not want to sell a single token and keep it under HODL. But we can see so many bounty hunters are selling their bounty rewards as soon as they received it and i think it is not a good decision. If it is a quality project you can hold for long time to get the good profit.
Mainman08

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:09:12 AM

After i receive my tokens in a bounty campaign. If the value of the token is good. I always sell half of my tokens. And i hold the remaining for a long time. Because we don't know what will happen to the token after they implement their road map.

Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:11:05 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
I think it is depend if you need money to get profit but if you need to make high price to sell just hold.

Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:16:25 AM

I think its not wise to sell all your tokens immediately. Its more better if you left some in your wallet for future purposes. Like what if the tokens you receive will be one of the top 10 alts in the future.

jsscswan

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:39:01 AM

Maybe from some people including me who sell tokens after participating bounty have an urgent reason to want to pay off their debt by selling token. Once the debt is paid off then every time I follow the bounty and get paid a token form then I will HODL for long-term assets.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
Astrilian

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:08:40 AM

Before, I used to sell them the soonest possible chance I get; however, I have seen that the coins may rise up after being help for a couple of weeks or months, maybe to a maximum of three to six months. I have read an article that says that some ICO or bounty-based coins have that trend of gaining value while the project is running, and when the support mellows down, which is usually after around three to six months, that's the time the coin value also goes down. So, I just time it when I should be disposing it for the biggest profit I can get.

People sell for a variety of reasons, often simply because they never believed in the project and would not have invested a single dime of their own money to begin with. If you don't see any intrinsic value in an investment You want to dump it as soon you can. I don't think starvation is the driving gactor behind that as individuals who are more knowledgable about advanced or innovativetech are typically better of than their peers.

BitProCoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:10:56 AM

I usually don't want to sell the bounty rewards immediately, i keep it for a long term. Usually after the reward distribution there are immediately sales and the price drops considerably.
sumonrud

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:06:00 PM

So, my question to you is...

if mine , when i received bounty token , i feel , i sucessful supported their project by joining their bounty program.
but , when bounty participants receive their bounty reward , their usually sell the token and make the token dump to low price , can recovered but need time.
i better hold for long term for support their project and reach more earning from bounty , trust the project and the price will increase in future.
but if i need money , maybe i will sell my token , not all , maybe 1/4 of my token total.
thats just my opinion.
cmiiw.
I agree with your opinion, we should better hold for a long-term and we need to wait at least for 1year i think that. I think to hold your bounty reward if you don't need urgent money then you should hold because tokens price needs time to grow your bounty rewards.

Muruga

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:49:07 PM

In order to decide to HODL or sell immediately received rewards from the Bounty, you should know the general situation on the crypto market.
If the market is growing rapidly, it is best to hold the tokens and sell them at a higher price. For example, in December 2017 ARN tokens rose from
$ 0.50 to $ 9.5 in two weeks. At that time, the entire crypto market was on the rise.
If the market is in the flat or is down, then you should immediately sell bounty tokens.
For example, in January - March 2018 TEL tokens dropped 80 percent after they entered the crypto exchange.
whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301

simply getting the job done

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:52:39 PM

Like others said, half sell and half HODL, but if it is really good ICO, then HODLax and HODL everything  Grin So it is good, if you know something about ICO you promote.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
annstasia009

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:57:45 PM

I am always in such a position that good and prospective coins need to be kept for long periods as they develop and can bring a good profit.

sevtan74

Activity: 192

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:10:08 PM

If you are confident with the project that it can grow potentially to the fullest in the future,the best thing to do is to hold until the develoepers has fully developed the coins,which may take a couple of months or even a year so then the price of your tokens would be huge.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: