Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:40:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786812 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:02:35 PM

So, just to confirm I have this right.

An independent member on this forum has reached out to a third party. The third party company gave confirmation that Black Arrow is a customer and the specs look accurate. Is that right?

in part. of course, yes.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlackArrow Matt

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:05:30 PM

An independent member on this forum has reached out to a third party. The third party company gave confirmation that Black Arrow is a customer and the specs look accurate. Is that right?

in part. of course, yes.

So, a third party member who is totally unaffiliated and actually has been doubting us as much as everyone else has contacted a third party company who confirmed we are a customer.

I must be missing something because it seems to me like there is still a lot of doubt we are who we say we are.
raskul

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:08:42 PM

in part. of course, yes.

So, a third party member who is totally unaffiliated and actually has been doubting us as much as everyone else has contacted a third party company who confirmed we are a customer.

I must be missing something because it seems to me like there is still a lot of doubt we are who we say we are.

yup you are still missing parts of it. confirmed.

BlackArrow Matt

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:13:39 PM

in part. of course, yes.

Because a user pointed out that the email had been compromised in the past.

So where's the conspiracy?
drewage

Activity: 262

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:16:12 PM

in part. of course, yes.

Did you by any chance try to contact the other e-mail address cc'd on your initial e-mail thread with Mr. Huang or Kwang? (I can't remember and I'm not looking through 3 pages to find out)  I know PH said that his, Huang/Kwang, was compromised but what about that other gentleman, I thought the consensus was that his apparently hadn't been.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 08:21:30 PM

Notwithstanding who BA Matt is, this...

408 844 8560

http://www.verisilicon.com/worldwideoffice.html

Odd! I just got off the phone and the lady doesn't know a Rober Kuang or of any Black Arrow.

Call them yourselves.

By the way, I specifically asked if Verilisilicon would release any information on any company contracting through them and she said no. Then, she starting asking who I was and what company I represented.

Call the number above and ask for yourselves.

Also, ask her if a Bruno Kucinskas called.
raskul

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:22:52 PM

in part. of course, yes.

Did you by any chance try to contact the other e-mail address cc'd on your initial e-mail thread with Mr. Huang or Kwang? (I can't remember and I'm not looking through 3 pages to find out)  I know PH said that his, Huang/Kwang, was compromised but what about that other gentleman, I thought the consensus was that his apparently hadn't been.
Yes. Haven't received a reply yet.

it's 4 in the morning in china.

BlackArrow Matt

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:28:27 PM

408 844 8560

Odd! I just got off the phone and the lady doesn't know a Rober Kuang or of any Black Arrow.

Call them yourselves.

By the way, I specifically asked if Verilisilicon would release any information on any company contracting through them and she said no. Then, she starting asking who I was and what company I represented.

US Santa Clara Office
VeriSilicon, Inc.
4699 Old Ironsides Drive, Suite 350
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: +1 408 844 8560
Fax: +1 408 844 8563
Email: us-sales@verisilicon.com

That may be the first clue. The fact that you're calling a US based branch about business going on in China. Did the person you spoke to do any research on it or did they just say they have no idea what you're talking about because of your over use of the word ergo?

Seriously though. You're able to use google and common sense when you're trying to dig up dirt against us but you can't figure out to call the Asia/Pacific branch of Verisilicon? Call any of these numbers before you post more misinformation.

China Shanghai Office
VeriSilicon Microelectronics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
20F, No. 560, Songtao Road, Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Pudong New Area, Shanghai 201203, P.R.China
Tel: +86 21 5131 1118
Fax: +86 21 5131 1119
Email: china-sales@verisilicon.com

China Beijing Office
VeriSilicon Microelectronics (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
A106, Information Center, Zhongguancun Software Park
8 Dongbeiwang West Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, P.R.C
Tel: +86 10 8282 6693
Fax: +86 10 8282 6769

China Shenzhen Office
VeriSilicon Microelectronics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Shenzhen Branch
Room 3505, Building #1, Excellence Century Center, #2030
of JinTan Road, FuTian District, Shenzhen , 518000 China
Tel: +86 755 8202 9576
Fax: +86 755 8202 9575

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 08:31:52 PM

408 844 8560

Call them yourselves.

US Santa Clara Office
VeriSilicon, Inc.
4699 Old Ironsides Drive, Suite 350
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: +1 408 844 8560
Fax: +1 408 844 8563
Email: us-sales@verisilicon.com

That may be the first clue. The fact that you're calling a US based branch about business going on in China. Did the person you spoke to do any research on it or did they just say they have no idea what you're talking about because of your over use of the word ergo?

Seriously though. You're able to use google and common sense when you're trying to dig up dirt against us but you can't figure out to call the Asia/Pacific branch of Verisilicon? Call any of these numbers before you post more misinformation.

China Shanghai Office
VeriSilicon Microelectronics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
20F, No. 560, Songtao Road, Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Pudong New Area, Shanghai 201203, P.R.China
Tel: +86 21 5131 1118
Fax: +86 21 5131 1119

China Beijing Office
VeriSilicon Microelectronics (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
A106, Information Center, Zhongguancun Software Park
8 Dongbeiwang West Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, P.R.C
Tel: +86 10 8282 6693
Fax: +86 10 8282 6769

China Shenzhen Office
VeriSilicon Microelectronics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Shenzhen Branch
Room 3505, Building #1, Excellence Century Center, #2030
of JinTan Road, FuTian District, Shenzhen , 518000 China
Tel: +86 755 8202 9576
Fax: +86 755 8202 9575

Speaking of using common sense, if the lady I spoke with via the California number says that in no way Verisilicon will release any information about any company they have a contract with, do you honestly believe that somebody in China representing the same company is going to provide me what I ask?
BlackArrow Matt

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:43:57 PM

Speaking of using common sense, if the lady I spoke with via the California number says that in no way Verisilicon will release any information about any company they have a contract with, do you honestly believe that somebody in China representing the same company is going to provide me what I ask?
I don't know. Ask them yourself. This is completely out of my hands... which is a good thing since people want independent verification.

I'd encourage you to look into it further because I really want to clear the air and get focused and back to business.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:26:30 PM

Honestly, if the account was still compromised, he wouldn't CC his reply to someone else in the same company, because it's probably standard protocol to document all emails.

I just want to clarify that you have contacted verisilicon and received confirmation of a contract with BA? Is there still any reason to believe there is some bullshit going on?

Its very hard to understand whats going on with all the fudsters spamming this thread.
raskul

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:08:21 PM

Well, you might be lucky and get a reply?

You know I hope that in a couple of months Black Arrow delivers a mountain of excellent products, everyone is happy and makes ROI and we all look back and laugh at some of the things happening on this thread.

In the meantime, it has to be one of the most entertaining threads on the forum and it looks like new posters are joining it each day.

Thanks for the laughs everyone.

Smiley

+1

perhaps over the last month or so, folks have learned a few things about pre-orders!!

enjoy your black arrow rigs guys  Tongue

jimmothy

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:16:27 PM

Lol comprised email? That's the best you can come up with?

You fudsters are really running out of juice now. Maybe take a few days off to recharge your batteries and come back when you have any legit criticism.

Also sending an email to a nonexistent email address normally forwards to the companies catch all address. So unless verisilicon is incredibly incompetent I think the email is legit. Not sure why I bother addressing the fudsters as you will be back with more conspiracies tomorrow.

Anyways thanks goozman96 for giving us the details even though it might pain you to say something in support of BA (considering you didn't seem to happy with them not too long ago)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:37:44 PM

Robert kuang seem to be asic design maneger at verisilicon. That pass breach was long ago 2011 but still this nda bugs me.
Can somebody best pg email him?

I hear ya, but NDA's are commonplace.  In my business,  it's very common.  Nobody is given information or allowed onto the manufacturing floor that hasn't signed one.  Period.

it's common business practice.

what the scope is I don't know, as we haven't seen it obviously, but I don't doubt it exists.  I'd be more surprised if it didn't.

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Semiconductor_Manufacturing_International_(SMI)/Verisilicon_Holdings_Ltd

VeriSilicon Holdings Co., Ltd. is a fabless ASIC design foundry focusing on providing semiconductor IP, design services and turnkey services including manufacturing, packaging, testing, and delivery.

No wonder it's not on the list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_semiconductor_IP_core_vendors

now that's worrying... tapeout of a chip, they don't even fab.

"Fabless manufacturing is the design and sale of hardware devices and semiconductor chips while outsourcing the fabrication or "fab" of the devices to a specialized manufacturer called a semiconductor foundry. Foundries are typically located in China[1] [2] [3] [4] because of the generally low cost of labor, so fabless companies can benefit from lower capital costs while concentrating their research and development resources on the end market."

but black arrow are purportedly the designers of the hardware, and very silly con, the manufacturers... so WHO ARE working the REAL fab-houses for Black Arrow, or is that just a step too far?

i'll wait for these posts to be deleted, AGAIN.
Probably TSMC.
bittymymitty

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:44:14 PM

Sorry, I left something unredacted in the last post. Here it is again:

(20nm hypothesis was wrong, so what's the "surprise"? hmmm)

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/terrorist96/verisilicon_zps5e2c3700.png

That initial email goozman96 sent was to their default sales email, unless all those sales emails were compromised, everything sounds like it checks out.
jimmothy

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:46:43 PM

Lol comprised email? That's the best you can come up with?

You fudsters are really running out of juice now. Maybe take a few days off to recharge your batteries and come back when you have any legit criticism.

Also sending an email to a nonexistent email address normally forwards to the companies catch all address. So unless verisilicon is incredibly incompetent I think the email is legit. Not sure why I bother addressing the fudsters as you will be back with more conspiracies tomorrow.

Anyways thanks goozman96 for giving us the details even though it might pain you to say something in support of BA (considering you didn't seem to happy with them not too long ago)
I have a horse in this race so I want BA to be successful. I was just highly dissatisfied with their support and response to questions/concerns. The reason it was pointed out that the email had been compromised in the past was because of this link:
http://dazzlepod.com/csdn/?page=4893
In addition, you can do a search for verisilicon and see:
http://dazzlepod.com/csdn/?email=verisilicon

But the person that was CCed in the email to me does not have his email on that list of compromised emails (mind you, this is from several years ago).

Who did you send the email to? If it was directly to the guy who got his email account stolen then that could raise some concerns. (Although you would think verisilicon could easily deactivate or change passwords even if it was compromised.)

But if you sent your email to their support and got a reply from this guy I would see no reason to be concerned.
jimmothy

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:48:07 PM

That initial email goozman96 sent was to their default sales email, unless all those sales emails were compromised, everything sounds like it checks out.

This basically answers my question but if goozman can confirm that would be nice
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:11:56 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 11:24:32 PM by alfabitcoin

Yup, I initially sent the email to:
all-sales@verisilicon.com
but it bounced back (via postmaster@verisilicon.com), telling me that it wasn't a valid address, even though I got it from here:
http://www.verisilicon.com/newsdetail_218_VeriSiliconAnnouncesZSPG4ArchitectureandZSP981Core.html

Then I sent it to these addresses:
press@verisilicon.com
china-sales@verisilicon.com
europe-sales@verisilicon.com
us-sales@verisilicon.com
taiwan-sales@verisilicon.com

After that, I got the reply back from robert.kuang@verisilicon.com who also CC'ed it to Zheng.Xu@verisilicon.com

So unless Verisilicon is in on a huuuuge scam operation, I think we're safe. Cheesy
Iam glad that you emailed so many people at verisilicon. I found that site what list robert.kuang@verislicon.com as one of many many emails where passwords were hacked. So naturally i raised it here to investigate further. I noticed that hack occured dec 2011. So that ease my concerns but still had/have issues with nda.
Maybe you should all read from the point when guzman posted email screenshoot. Nobody questioned goozman and i certainly did not creted fud.
Hoping to see all ba customers happy and pleased. Nobody is perfect, we could all have demons in the past, people does change, some does not it depend on what they do now.
If ba is indeed alex sovu, so what if he had this fellon charges? He changed, it was long ago and did a good work with lancelot and other miners. I do not blame him if he hide it as that is in human nature to try to hide bad things in their past. But we shold not be judges and have prejaduce.never!

Edit
Site with a list of e-mails with password leak can be delisted if current owner email them. Robert kuang is a sale maneger at verisilicon so his position warrant imidiate delist to avoid eventual issues like this.
Bluebark

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:03:23 AM

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/terrorist96/verisilicon_zps5e2c3700.png

This basically answers my question but if goozman can confirm that would be nice

This is very troubling to me. NDAs are very simple contracts...you talk and you're liable. Company's that deal with NDAs have standard policy not to divulge any information concerning any contract. So, if your Very lucky, they MIGHT tell you that XYZ Inc. is a client. But in all probability, they will not confirm anything...let alone that "we are working on a 28nm ASIC for Black Arrow". Their lawyers would have a field day with that. So I question the validity of the email.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:45:43 AM

Is there any evidence Black Arrow is using Global?  I had the impression they were working with SMIC.
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: