Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:36:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786812 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:08:16 AM

I was gonna try to get funds together to buy an S2..

seriously? out of the frying pan and into the fire, mate, do some more research first, please.

I had read they had a rough start, but they are a company with an actual track record. I have had zero issues with my s1's. At the time it would have been a preorder for them. Not quite sure what was that bad about them when they were first announced?

There is nothing wrong with bitmain. They have provided more hashrate than any other manufacturer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:18:20 AM

BlackArrow, serious question.... I purchased only ONE X1, I have no desire to purchase another so where does that leave me in the scheme of things with the compensation plan? Do those who only purchased one unit receive a bit of a refund? Are we out of luck until we order more? It seems only those who spent more money are being rewarded however we all equally funded this endeavor. At the same time, this compensation plan is definitely a step in the right direction, I think if this was announced the first time around there would have been a lot less worry/cancellations of orders. Please keep me advised

+1

How will those of us with a single x1 be compensated? Not even the original 25% hosting?

I would be satisfied with 40% hosted hashrate but that's just me.

I'm really not looking to spend more money especially before you guys are shipping in stock hardware.

But if we do decide to place another order for an x1 in a month or two from minersource will we automatically be sent the free x1?

And will the free x1 be in addition to the "25% discount on all future orders "?
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:31:04 AM

BlackArrow, serious question.... I purchased only ONE X1, I have no desire to purchase another so where does that leave me in the scheme of things with the compensation plan? Do those who only purchased one unit receive a bit of a refund? Are we out of luck until we order more? It seems only those who spent more money are being rewarded however we all equally funded this endeavor. At the same time, this compensation plan is definitely a step in the right direction, I think if this was announced the first time around there would have been a lot less worry/cancellations of orders. Please keep me advised

+1

How will those of us with a single x1 be compensated? Not even the original 25% hosting?

I'm really not looking to spend more money especially before you guys are shipping in stock hardware.

But if we do decide to place another order for an x1 in a month or two from minersource will we automatically be sent the free x1?

And will the free x1 be in addition to the "25% discount on all future orders "?

To be honest I never really gave two shits about the hosted mining (40% is great and all, then you're left with your dick in your hands after 6 months) and would rather physical hardware or a discount on what I have already purchased. My missus has already (she mentioned it to me before I asked) said to just purchase an extra X1 to get the "free" X1 but I personally believe this as a bit of a slap in the face. I'm already out of pocket then I need to reach further down into my pockets to get together more cash in order to be compensated? Sorry BA, I want to work with you and I understand you too have a business to run but this is unacceptable. I hope that it will be explained/clarified further by you to remove this confusion.

Thanks Smiley
jimmothy

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:48:40 AM

Hosting has it's benefits and drawbacks.

Because its impossible to ship half a prospero I assume it would be more viable for them to just give us the equivalent hosting.

Although we wont get to resell our compensation, we also wouldn't have to pay for electricity which would be nice considering currently 10% of our earnings would be spent on electricity.
heslo

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:02:35 AM

Hosting has it's benefits and drawbacks.

Because its impossible to ship half a prospero I assume it would be more viable for them to just give us the equivalent hosting.

Although we wont get to resell our compensation, we also wouldn't have to pay for electricity which would be nice considering currently 10% of our earnings would be spent on electricity.

Agreed, hence why I'd prefer a discount on my already purchased miner, giving me a better chance of ROI, not costing anyone extra shipping/customs/etc and seeing it as a bit of a thank you. I'd probably be more inclined to purchase again too, although never a pre-order. The fact that I have to spend money to be compensated leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth TBH
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:42:32 AM

+1

I believe all single x1 orders will get 2, but I will be checking.

I am also working on a separate compensation plan for my customers on top of anything BA is offering. Also, any questions about the current compensation, please give us till Tuesday so I can check everything.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:23:07 AM

Thank you very much Matt for taking care of your customers. I just wish you would import my order into your new site.

We are down to the last few, that have to be moved manually. ~90% done.
heslo

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:19:34 AM

+1

I am also working on a separate compensation plan for my customers on top of anything BA is offering. Also, any questions about the current compensation, please give us till Tuesday so I can check everything.

Thanks Matt, I do have to say on your end you've been MORE than reasonable. It's been hard for you too because you're essentially the meat in the sandwich getting screwed from both ends. I look forward to confirmation for those of us who purchased a single X1. I won't really complain about buying an additional PSU if this is the case.
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:20:10 AM

+1

It does say you will get a free x1 when you next order a x1 or even a x3 if you ordered a single unit.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:21:36 AM

I understand the compensation, but how is this price matching at shipping time supposed to work for those who already paid?  Do we get some kind of refund?  Does that money apply towards what we're paying for the PSU and shipping of our bonus unit?  Is it just nothing?  How does that fit into the picture?

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
bittymymitty

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:44:25 AM

So there is no mention of a ship date for X1 and now BA wants customers to send more money to cover shipping on the 50% compensation?!?  That shipping cost should be covered by BA, very bad form to make people pay even more to be compensated for your delays.
oldcrow

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:21:28 AM

If any additional cash outlay is required for "compensation," it is not compensation at all.  It is a suggestive sale.
It is the same as the very common suggestive sale "buy 2, get 1 free."  Proper compensation is when additional
hardware/hosting/etc. is provided gratis with no extra costs involved with respect to the customer.
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 11:17:37 AM

50% compensation in hardware isn't bad, only downside is you actually have to spend more money (shipping+power supply) to receive the compensation. Still I think it's better then the previous compensation.

Now, what will I receive first:

• My money back in dollars?
  • My money back in btc?
  • My prospero X1's?

sorehammer

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:27:34 AM

All I want is a confirmed date on batch2 x1's please is that so damn hard to do.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
TheMinex

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:04:10 PM

Customers who have not purchased an even numbers of X1s, will also receive a free X1 miner on their next purchase of a X1 miner.

Ordered only 1 X1 batch 1, so let me clear my view:

Ordered X1 because was the best compromise between low cost, low power & high efficienty.

BA is in late (for me risk to have a worst delay than BFL Shocked) with his promeses and we don't know exactly power draws and effecienty at the wall. Cause of this you ask us to spend more money to have a compensation.
I know BA is now in a really hard phase, but when I read new compensation plan it was ISTANTANLEY CLEAR to me that those condition are really bad in my situation:

- have to spend more money (new order (which price Huh first even batchers spend 290$ instead actual 373$ ?? ), maybe addictional power supply & shipping, AND NEW assurance for bank transfer to be sure you got my exactly money.
- maybe there was a why that i purchase only one X1 and BA is forceing this decision ( not to mention that power draw and efficienty at the time was well lower than actual not yet confirmed )
- i don't wanna handle to resell your surplus hardware

What I expect BA do:
A compensation plan without spend more money, or BTC equivalent refound.

What I'll do if that condition is not matched:
not follow your actual compensation plan & not support anymore BA. I ordered the X1 with money I well know I could loose, so plans that force to spend more money for me is just ridicolous in the reality that after so many time we don't know when & what we get
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:23:43 PM

Update:
I will have enough PSUs for every single extra comp unit, and I will have those for sale in time for shipment. More details coming.
sorehammer

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:33:40 PM

Update:
I will have enough PSUs for every single extra comp unit, and I will have those for sale in time for shipment. More details coming.

Are you going to be handling the 25% bobsag3 or will we have to go to BA.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:47:00 PM

Update:

I will be handling the 25%, waiting for final confirmation on when I can start offering it and some other small details.
sorehammer

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:48:06 PM

cheers Bobsag3

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
jimmothy

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:24:06 PM

Update:

I will be handling the 25%, waiting for final confirmation on when I can start offering it and some other small details.

Any update on the single x1 order compensation?
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: