Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:26:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786812 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wookie50

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:12:31 PM

The PSU's use 12v (X3: 120A, X1: 12A) and 5volts (5A). This would be 1430-1480 Watts.
Also it needs to be a high quality PSU, not one with cheap parts.

With the free hosting you will receive an IP address and port to log into your miner. You will have full control of it including setting it up with your pool.

David, thank you for your response.

Can you recommend a specific brand?  I have a Corsair 1200i but looks like it won't have enough power.  Do  you really need a 1500W PSU to power a single 1TH/s module?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:33:44 PM

I am checking about that, and offering a Gift Card to my store for the equiv value to allow to be ordered on X1 or X3.

So just hoping to clarify this a little bit as I have a single batch 1 X1 ordered:

You'll be offering customers in my situation a gift card for 50% the value of an x1? Do you know if this is going to be applicable only to Black Arrow hardware you sell or could it be used, say, for gridseeds?

Not trying to press the issue - I know you're in the middle on this and I appreciate everything you're doing for your customers. Just trying to clarify and plan accordingly. Big thank you.
Dot99lr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:02:44 PM

I am checking about that, and offering a Gift Card to my store for the equiv value to allow to be ordered on X1 or X3.

So just hoping to clarify this a little bit as I have a single batch 1 X1 ordered:

You'll be offering customers in my situation a gift card for 50% the value of an x1? Do you know if this is going to be applicable only to Black Arrow hardware you sell or could it be used, say, for gridseeds?

Not trying to press the issue - I know you're in the middle on this and I appreciate everything you're doing for your customers. Just trying to clarify and plan accordingly. Big thank you.

Or perhaps allow them to be sold?  I would split a 50% discount with someone to get 2 miners.   ie...

Someone ordered a single X-1, but cannot afford or chooses not to buy another X-1.  In this scenario, the customer would get nothing based on the current model.  If they were allowed to be sold, I pay customer 1 some agreed upon amount, then use his discount to buy an X-1 and get 2 shipped to me.  I would buy up all I could in this scenario and be a happy customer.

That might be interesting. BA should consider this, everyone benefits.
rokshis

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:34:54 PM

Hey, Bobsag3, you are starting to send refunds today?   Cool
bittymymitty

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:27:01 PM

I am quickly losing faith in the management of this company.  There is no ship date for X-1, no estimated costs for PSU for each unit, no cost on additional shipping.  Not even a prototype video showing a working X-1.  There was also no email sent to anyone that ordered informing them of these changes.

The "compensation" has been thrown together without much thought and does not do anything to actually compensate customers that took a chance on this company.  They know there will be no orders after they ship because of their horrible track record so they're trying to upsell more units to those they already milked.

This is not the right way to do business. 

If they do not take steps to adequately reimburse customers, without requiring any additional investment by the customer,
Black Arrow should be Black Listed by the bitcoin community.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 04:07:43 AM

Thank you very much Matt for taking care of your customers. I just wish you would import my order into your new site.

+1
 I am also waiting for this to happen :\

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:12:04 AM

Thank you very much Matt for taking care of your customers. I just wish you would import my order into your new site.

+1

We are down to the last few- goozman had his down by me by hand eailier. If its still missing- shoot an email to support@minersource and I will be personally working on them tomorrow.
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:23:08 AM

I don't think the compensation is bad at all.  Remember, you can sell these as well and probably make a good buck on Ebay.  Though I do think charging us for shipping and the extra PSU is going to be a logistical nightmare.  The process to send Bitcoins in when making an order was manual and had to be manually confirmed when I placed an order through the BA website.  Why go through that? 

Here's my suggestion, you're going to run these for X amount of time in order to do burn in testing.  So just take the Bitcoins you earn from that, pay yourselves for the PSU and shipping and avoid the hassle of collecting orders from people and dealing with the logistical nightmare of it.  Earn the coins, then just ship everyone three complete units (X3) and be done with it.

This will make your (And our) lives easier.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:29:30 AM

I don't think the compensation is bad at all.  Remember, you can sell these as well and probably make a good buck on Ebay.  Though I do think charging us for shipping and the extra PSU is going to be a logistical nightmare.  The process to send Bitcoins in when making an order was manual and had to be manually confirmed when I placed an order through the BA website.  Why go through that? 

Here's my suggestion, you're going to run these for X amount of time in order to do burn in testing.  So just take the Bitcoins you earn from that, pay yourselves for the PSU and shipping and avoid the hassle of collecting orders from people and dealing with the logistical nightmare of it.  Earn the coins, then just ship everyone three complete units (X3) and be done with it.

This will make your (And our) lives easier.

All extra units from us will be shipped free of charge, not sure on the PSUs yet.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:55:25 AM

bobsag said he thinks those with a single x1 order will receive a second x1 free. This would be great but we still need to wait for clarification.

Any update on this situation?

Also im a bit confused, will the gift card be the cost of an entire prospero? Or 50%?

Can we use the GC on something else from your store?
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:01:47 AM

bobsag said he thinks those with a single x1 order will receive a second x1 free. This would be great but we still need to wait for clarification.

Any update on this situation?

Also im a bit confused, will the gift card be the cost of an entire prospero? Or 50%?

Can we use the GC on something else from your store?

Will be the 50% (same as BA) but usable on a X1 or X3, or further BA products.
No update on the PSUs yet, getting the cost estimates to make sure all my customers will be able to get one.
tuaris

Activity: 765

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

I see MinnerSource has added a Prospero X-1 for June @ $379
I'm tempted to buy, but it seems a little high for 100GH/s so late.  Should I go ahead and place an order or should I hold my coins and see what happens towards the Fall?

LennonNZ

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Geek

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 06:48:10 AM

I ordered a Single X1 at the beginning (or orders) last year and paid 2.75BTC for it.

Due to their compensation post I will only still only get 1 X-1 and if I want  my compensation I will have to buy 10 more of them (as thats the minimum order). So I would get 10  + (5 "free ones") + (1 from the compensation).  and only have to pay ~ 9.3BTC  for my compensation.

How long will it take to make my initial 2.75 BTC on an X1?

Note: yes the exchange rate has changed a lot since then. 2.75 BTC = $269 then.

Or should I put it

How long will it take to make my initial $269 BTC on an X1? (at todays rates)

thejaxx

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:39:28 AM

It's pretty obvious why companies such as BA try to give very specific information and not "allude" to anything. Seeing the amount of people calling them crooks, scammers etc is redonkulous. I ordered my back in Dec and have been patiently waiting for them. Am I frustrated with losing out on the hashing? Yes, but the compensation is actually decent.

You have to remember BA could of left us with the original compensation or be like BFL and tell you to go jump in a lake.

I am actually surprised that they haven't stopped talking all together considering.
sorehammer

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:42:44 AM

+1

We are down to the last few- goozman had his down by me by hand eailier. If its still missing- shoot an email to support@minersource and I will be personally working on them tomorrow.
Er no you would get 10 plus one as the 10 you order won't be batch 1 but batch 3.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
TheMinex

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:51:24 AM

Yes, but the compensation is actually decent.

Is decent only for customers that don't have to spend more money on.

Now orders forced only to acquire the compensation will lead to chaos, cause if you'r in debt with me you can't ask more to clean your debt.

Add the fact that BA had change the chance to buy prospero's single orders to a min quantity of 10. It's perfectly resonable compromise to handle less orders (probably the customes amount was high and this makes me think that batch 1 buyers with single X1 are a big portion involved in this unfair compensation) and now what did they do Huh A compensation that will force them in a complete different direction ( new orders - new payments ).

Perfect way to complicate both customers - vendor side.

I'll quietly waited if they wouldn't try to make me spend more. ( in the case isn't clear, i'll NEVER do it anyway, and BA will be delisted as future vendor ).

(HINT: If they are so bad with margins to think to deliver HW whitout PSU....well give us 2 prosperos both without your super PSU, if they are powered only by +5V and +12V lines, 90% of miners would handle it (probably with a better efficienty using a single PSU for both & haveing less internal heat (witch is better too for efficienty.) BA could be happy with a ton of PSU in magazine to resell recovering part of costs thus deliver a second prospero with less outcome.  For miners that don't accept this ( I'm only talking of direct BA single X1 buyers cause all others seems already happy )you can provide a hosting compensation similar to the old compensation nearly sure that the volume of hashrate needed will be resonable).
EricKennedy

Activity: 360

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 08:53:47 AM

I ordered 10 X3 in December directly from BA.
If I understood correctly, I'll receive 30x 1Thash units, 10 of them without power supply.

If really I receive all this before the end of May, I'd say I'd be quite happy.
Not sure at all if we'll be able to ROI, but it's not all BA's fault ; if BTC was now $1000 as we all expected in December, this would be another story.

Eric

sorehammer

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:33:47 AM

I ordered 10 X3 in December directly from BA.
If I understood correctly, I'll receive 30x 1Thash units, 10 of them without power supply.

If really I receive all this before the end of May, I'd say I'd be quite happy.
Not sure at all if we'll be able to ROI, but it's not all BA's fault ; if BTC was now $1000 as we all expected in December, this would be another story.

Eric

Damn you can make some serious roi selling the units to people at a knocked price I'm sore Eric.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
sorehammer

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:42:17 AM

This compensation plan can't work.
1. How are they going to have all these extra machines available and fulfill all the batch 1 and 2 orders.
2. If they do manage to ship all these extra machines they are going to flood the market with so much hashing power the difficulty will be so high the minimum you could mine with would be a tera hash machine making that as useless as a 300mhz usb miner.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
y_boonstra

Activity: 374

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:51:02 AM

This compensation plan can't work.
1. How are they going to have all these extra machines available and fulfill all the batch 1 and 2 orders.
2. If they do manage to ship all these extra machines they are going to flood the market with so much hashing power the difficulty will be so high the minimum you could mine with would be a tera hash machine making that as useless as a 300mhz usb miner.

have you ever thought how much hashing power KNC is going to bring to this party including its masive data center, this will dwarf BA hashing power.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: