Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:32:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786812 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:42:37 PM

Well S1 is down to .55 Btc (220 usd) now, and since BA still hasn't shipped their promise to match should be valid and just go ahead and give us double our hash power and make everything simple (even if they leave out PSU). Since they promised to price match with Ghash, 180gh for 220$ is alot better deal than the 100ghash that we paid 340$ for.

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LennonNZ

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Geek

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 12:57:30 PM

Well S1 is down to .55 Btc (220 usd) now, and since BA still hasn't shipped their promise to match should be valid and just go ahead and give us double our hash power and make everything simple (even if they leave out PSU). Since they promised to price match with Ghash, 180gh for 220$ is alot better deal than the 100ghash that we paid 340$ for.

That is a good point. I haven't found (personally) a S1 down to 220USD but more like around $270  USD (which I paid for the X1 last year)

If I can now buy 2 * the Ghash Rate compared to the X-1 (100 GH compared to 200GH) their promise should come in affect and I think people should  be given 2* the Hash Rate now for X1's. (Or double their order of X1's not 1.5 times)

"Black Arrow promises to do its best to offer lower retail price than its competitors and guarantees that in the eventuality of a price decrease before shipment, all preorders will benefit of a proportional increase in hashing power."

Also they said:

"We are currently offering 35% discount to customers who pay their order in full and 20% discount to customers who wish to pay 50% in advance and 50% before shipment. After October 2013 we will reduce the discounts gradually until they reach their full retail price which is $415 for Prospero X1 (100Ghash) and $6999 for Prospero X3 (2000Ghash)."

I don't believe the price has ever gone to $415 (I have looked at the website for a long time) but started with a 35% discount and now is a 10% discount. Offering something saying there is a discount, there has to be a price point where it was actually was $415 for a reasonable amount of time before discounts are made - or the price rises to the RRP price after a reasonable amount of time (like they said).

If the List Price  was stated at the start of $373 and they gave say for 3 months they gave a 30% discount then there would be no problem but artificially offering it at $415 saying there was a 35% discount is (IMHO) false advertising.

Has _Anyone_ bought one at the List Price of $415 or seen it actually on their website at $415?

But this is all just my opinion.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 01:04:31 PM

But But it's only 110 Watts!   Sad

I'm telling ya Black Arrow...you could've made a killing in this market if you shipped in February instead of 3 and half months later.

Like the saying goes, "that ship has sailed".   Cry

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:22:11 PM

Where is the $40 for the X1 PSU coming from? I noticed a 'power' section added to their website but it is currently empty. I hope we are given a chance to purchase the necessary PSUs before they ship units without PSUs. Although, I am not looking forward to another $45 fee for a bank transfer. Anyone sell compatible PSUs for the X1 / X3 and accepts VISA/PP/AMAZON/DWOLLA?
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:24:15 PM

http://minersource.net/products/black-arrow-prospero-x1-spare-psu-for-compensation-units-only

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:40:22 PM

Thanks for the link.

Someone from Minersource: Can US customers who ordered direct from Blackarrow (before Minersource was an affiliate) have the power supplies added to their orders or do we need to go through the Blackarrow site)?

I understand the X1 units require additional hardware mods to get a standard PSU to work. Is it the same for the X3 units?
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:55:47 PM

Thanks for the link.

Someone from Minersource: Can US customers who ordered direct from Blackarrow (before Minersource was an affiliate) have the power supplies added to their orders or do we need to go through the Blackarrow site)?

I understand the X1 units require additional hardware mods to get a standard PSU to work. Is it the same for the X3 units?

Orders that have been transfered to us for shipping (instead of being shipped from BA) can purchase a PSU and have it included when we ship out from here, no cost for additional shipping.

Anyone who wishes to get the PSUs via CC, please PM me or email support@minersource and we can work something out.
blackarrow (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:09:21 PM

Bitcoin Miners progress update – 01 May 2014

1.   Minion – shipping scheduled in the next few days.
2.   X3 hashboard – currently in production
3.   X1 hashboard – currently in production
4.   X1 and X3 backplanes – the board containing the voltage fix has been tested. We’re able to restrict the voltage to 0.8Volts in hardware using in the previous version of the backplanes which are already manufactured. The board with the new improved design will start to be manufactured on 04/05/2014. PCBs will be delivered on 08/05/2014. The units manufactured on 7th and 8th will not be able to be overclocked too high. The customers due to receive this small batch will be contacted directly.
5.   Control board
  • a.   Apart from having double memory, early reports confirm that our control board is proven to be 3x faster than RPI and more reliable.
  • b.   One of our PCB suppliers reported the wrong specifications on PCBs therefore we don’t have it yet in stock. However, despite the holiday season they made amendments and stock will be replenished on 05/05/2014.
  • c.   The LCDs are not yet in stock. We have scheduled a visit to the local supplier on 04/05/14 to reconfirm their delivery schedule.
6.   Software - the control board in mining correctly on FPGA, the software team clearing the final debugging while waiting to receive the real chip to confirm our pre-testing results.
7.   X3 Case
  • a.   Final sample has been approved. We are happy to report that we reached our goal in producing a case which is robust, compact, very light and easy to assemble.
  • b.   Currently in production.
8.   X1 Case
  • a.   Metal case in production.
  • b.   The plastic case mould will be manufactured in the next few days.
  • c.   Our last hashboard had to be resized. A new version of the hashboard has been produced.
9.   Bill of materials: Most of the parts have been delivered, the rest are due in the next few days.

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:15:11 PM

no they are waiting for the chip by the sound of the update, still would like some dates of shipping.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
breakingcode

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:20:58 PM

Still haven't received any official correspondence from BA concerning any of this. With the first compensation package they pretty much immediately issued a detailed message and updated invoice. For all I know so far, there is no official confirmation that any of this is real.

Like I said before,.. I feel really sorry for anyone who isn't a "forums savvy" person dealing with this situation. I can see where they would be totally freaked out and bombarding BA with mail/tickets.
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:21:31 PM

Like i said, ages ago, the only way for them to deliver on their promise is to double the hashrate of each unit. I can't begin to imagine how stressful it must be for them. Then again, i am the type of person to actually plan and offer reasonable estimations on when things will get done. The longer this takes the less profitable each unit is. At 100 gh/s and 324 a unit + shipping, that is insane compared to the ants.

What boggles my fuckin mind is that the whole time black arrow is rushing around and shitting on their initial estimiation as to when things are getting done, they know bitmain tech is making these antminers, and they see what they are selling for. Yeah, i doubt they anticipated the price on each btc to be as low as it is, but all things considered, even if the price sky rockets unless these are in hand within three weeks, compensation and all it doesn't look promising for any type of real profit. Yeah we will break even, all you can really ask for. But as each day passes and bitmain continues to churn out their 1 th/s 1000w units for 2500 bucks, these miners from black arrow look more and more like fancy paper weights.

So 7th - 8th..

We are looking at small first batch of being in hand the 14th? Yeah, june for everyone else. I guess at least they are delivering.. more than can be said for bfl.

If it is too good to be true.. only really mad at my self.  

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
Dot99lr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:32:40 PM

Still haven't received any official correspondence from BA concerning any of this. With the first compensation package they pretty much immediately issued a detailed message and updated invoice. For all I know so far, there is no official confirmation that any of this is real.

Like I said before,.. I feel really sorry for anyone who isn't a "forums savvy" person dealing with this situation. I can see where they would be totally freaked out and bombarding BA with mail/tickets.

They post the updates on their webpage and Facebook account too.
TechByPC

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:51:33 PM

Some of us will never understand the aversion to email.
Dot99lr

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:08:10 PM

I agree, it would lead to less problems if everyone's in the loop.
bittymymitty

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:09:04 PM

If Black Arrow truly wants to salvage what little remains of their reputation, they need to double the hash rate for compensation and not require any additional investment by customers.  Anything short of that will be disappointing and go against everything they've been promising.  Company without integrity is doomed.
breakingcode

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:13:56 PM

Especially considering when you register you GIVE them your e-mail, that's the one sure communication point. They should be *pushing* information and e-mail is the only way to make sure every customer is up to date (minus a phone call or visit of course)

So,.. if I don't buy the power supply until after I get my physical machine will my 5 day hosted "burn in" only run on 2 PSU's?

Shouldn't someone be asking for worker IDs to set our miners up at this point?
Zillions

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:27:30 PM

Actually I believe that the Hosted mining and burn in was scrapped in favor of physical hardware ... I could be wrong.
Dot99lr

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:47:00 PM

Zillions, did you choose your name based on anticipated difficulty at delivery time!  Cheesy
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:55:37 PM

Thanks for the link.

Orders that have been transfered to us for shipping (instead of being shipped from BA) can purchase a PSU and have it included when we ship out from here, no cost for additional shipping.

Anyone who wishes to get the PSUs via CC, please PM me or email support@minersource and we can work something out.

Matt, any update for those of us who ordered only one X1 and to what compensation we will receive?
Adrians__

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:58:26 PM

I got no answer on my ticket about changing my order.

If there won´t be any more communication. I assume they will send the units top my fathers place, having to pay 25% VAT on my original investment of 6000 USD which its far from worth today. Then it will be sitting silent at my fathers house a few weeks before I have the time to pick it up.

what´s the best way to get in touch with BA?
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: