Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:38:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786812 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JoeGruff

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:21:50 PM

I'll be happy with a fraction. So far, after 7 months, return is 0.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:28:08 AM

It wasn't.  If you change ebay.ca to ebay.com the exact same listing shows up.  This is true of any auction in another country's url.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:02:17 AM

Lets get ready for the compensation then .... Smiley
n00dles0up

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:41:12 PM

I messaged Minersource again, asking for an update on the LCD and compensation and to ask for a partial refund due to the lie I was told about my ordered being valued at $100 when it wasn't. So far it seems they dont give a shit and ignoring my emails.

So if anyone is considering buying from minersource, just stop, because as soon as you have an issue. They will ignore you!
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:08:34 AM

I messaged Minersource again, asking for an update on the LCD and compensation and to ask for a partial refund due to the lie I was told about my ordered being valued at $100 when it wasn't. So far it seems they dont give a shit and ignoring my emails.

So if anyone is considering buying from minersource, just stop, because as soon as you have an issue. They will ignore you!
You honestly need to file a claim with the FTC to get their attention. Once you have their attention, they can be reasonable people from my experience.

ftccomplaintassistant.gov

Sad thing is it shouldn't come down to threats for someone to run their business in a respectable manner
JoeGruff

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:18:11 AM

You honestly need to file a claim with the FTC to get their attention. Once you have their attention, they can be reasonable people from my experience.

Sad thing is it shouldn't come down to threats for someone to run their business in a respectable manner
You don't like taxes but you like what those taxes pay for. In this case they pay to point guns at defenseless businesses. You can't eat your cake and have it too.
Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:44:17 PM

Bitcoin Difficulty:   19,729,645,941
Estimated Next Difficulty:   22,878,033,826 (+15.96%)
Adjust time:   After 442 Blocks, About 2.6 days
Hashrate(?):   163,380,712 GH/s

The X3 will be making less than $20 a day after the next jump.

In Febrauary it was 3000 the difficutly.
Normaly I could have  now 50 BTC. Now I have only a refund request.
Has nobody involved a lawyer?
Has anybody checked out chinese law about such a case?
Thanks for information.
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:35:22 PM

Lets pay them a visit, who's keen?  F**cskng bastards!! 
n00dles0up

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:39:22 PM

Thanks, I will do that later after work. I have had enough of being polite to them about this, I have wrote them long but coherent emails, never threatened them but this is taking the biscuit.

I'm guessing it doesn't matter than I am in the UK? Specifically what part of the website will I be following? Computers section?

Thanks Goozeman
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:53:06 PM

You don't like taxes but you like what those taxes pay for. In this case they pay to point guns at defenseless businesses. You can't eat your cake and have it too.

Agreed. I hate all the "call the authorities" bullshit. It rarely works, even if you have no morals. When it does, it just fosters more ill will.
n00dles0up

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:12:07 PM

Thanks, I will do that later after work. I have had enough of being polite to them about this, I have wrote them long but coherent emails, never threatened them but this is taking the biscuit.

I'm guessing it doesn't matter than I am in the UK? Specifically what part of the website will I be following? Computers section?

Thanks Goozeman
Just do the one about not receiving an online order and no prompt refund was issued. It doesn't matter where you're located, only that the company you're filing a complaint against is under the FTC jurisdiction (which Minersource is).

Thanks for the help. I have just spent 20 minutes writing my story, I didnt want to do it, but minersource have forced me to do this. Hope they get destroyed by the complaint I made.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:21:05 PM

My X3 seems to have a problem.  Every 24-48 hours one of the two units stops mining.  Always the same unit.

The PSU and NIC LEDs look normal, the fans are running, and the blue "heartbeat" LED visible through the left front fan is blinking as normal.

So far as abnormal LEDs, there are yellow LEDs visible through the rear fans (I assume these LEDs indicate that the hashing modules are idle), and the blue activity LEDs on the front do not blink as the normally do when mining.

The unit is unresponsive on the network.  It does not respond to ARP requests, and of course is equally unresponsive to ICMP pings and HTTP(S) requests (since those require ARP to work).

Yesterday I swapped the PSUs between the two units.  The problem did not follow the PSU.  The same miner still has the same problem.

Sad

(Both units are running software V1.8.)

Bogart I am not doubting your network, I am assuming you replaced the network cable on the faulty machine, and changed ports on your switch already. Also, set up a ping watcher for the machine and watch the results for when it falls off.. this will tell a lot.

I tried swapping cables/switch ports, but that did not help matters.

Unfortunately I have a new problem now.  One of the power supplies seems to have died.  When powered-up the red and yellow LEDs come on briefly and then go out, and then repeat about every half second.

I tried swapping PSUs, and the problem does follow the PSU this time.

I also tried powering it using 120V instead of 240V as normal.  This lengthens the cycle time to about 2 seconds, but does not cause it to power on as normal.

I also tried powering it up outside of the miner with no load, but the behavior is the same.

The sticker on the PSU says it's "Sunshine Electronics model AP188".

I guess I'll try contacting BA and hope they will replace it under warranty.  It ran for 13 days before dying.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
btmtb

Activity: 291

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:52:51 AM

I'm going to lay out very clearly and logically why this entire thing stinks and is a scam from top to bottom, even though there is at least some evidence that there is some effort to actually deliver a product here. To any of the schadenfreude "preorderlol you're dumb" crowd, that's nice you're more than welcome to feel good about yourselves.

A pre-order does not mean that Black Arrow has zero responsibility for delivering and gets to do whatever they want as they please whenever they want.

The agreement Black Arrow entered into with us was predicated on a set of representations of the project made by Black Arrow at the start, specifically that there is a design that BA is producing that meets certain specifications and requirements, and that the organization has the ability and intention to produce the ordered end products and services within roughly the agreed upon timeframe. Of course it's reasonable then in this framework for the delivery date to be an estimate, because of course there are going to be some unforseen issues in producing the end product.

Now once Black Arrow in the eleventh hour announced the original delay, we were no longer under the same agreement that we originally consented to, because in failing to produce a design that met the agreed upon specifications, we were no longer customers of the original project. It is at that point that BA is obligated to contact their customers to determine if they still want to be involved in the new terms of what they are producing, and offer either some kind of discount or enhancement of product, or a full refund if the customer no longer wanted to be part of this modified project that they did not agree to in the first place.

By failing to conduct themselves in a way that honors the way that they represented the original agreement, Black Arrow committed fraud by going ahead and using customer funds to produce a later and different fab than what was originally agreed. BA has an obligation to sort out this situation prior to going ahead and producing the fab. Just because a customer pays a company for a product or service, does not suddenly mean that the company is entitled to go ahead and force the customer into something that the customer never agreed to.

Now that we are faced with an even greater delay since BA received the finished fab than the original delay in the first place, we have to recognize that BA misrepresented their capability and willingness to actually honor delivering a finished retail product. Literally every single thing that BA said in order to solicit orders, which is well-documented even within this very thread, has proven to be a false misrepresentation of the facts of their conduct and performance.

This entire history of changing the agreement unilaterally without the consent of their customers means that the original agreement is long gone, and BA's unwillingness to recognize that reality means that as customers our only recourse is to bring this situation to legal channels where BA will finally be forced to liquidate their fraudulently-acquired assets and compensate customers for what they've cavalierly done without consent. As long as BA continues to maintain their perverse interpretation of the terms of the original agreement, i.e. that estimated delivery date means that they get to do whatever they please whenever they please, then there is not going to be any recourse in attempting to deal with BA (as though one could even actually contact them ever about it anyway!).

Eloquently and accurately put.

Now if only they gave a shit and made things right. We can only wish.
heslo

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:00:41 AM

Well said! The only way I see this ending sadly is in the courts with BA being torn to scraps
y_boonstra

Activity: 374

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:25:21 AM

Well said! The only way I see this ending sadly is in the courts with BA being torn to scraps

so be it, better that this company closes its doors before more ppl get screwed
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:28:26 AM

I'm going to lay out very clearly and logically why this entire thing stinks and is a scam from top to bottom, even though there is at least some evidence that there is some effort to actually deliver a product here. To any of the schadenfreude "preorderlol you're dumb" crowd, that's nice you're more than welcome to feel good about yourselves.

A pre-order does not mean that Black Arrow has zero responsibility for delivering and gets to do whatever they want as they please whenever they want.

The agreement Black Arrow entered into with us was predicated on a set of representations of the project made by Black Arrow at the start, specifically that there is a design that BA is producing that meets certain specifications and requirements, and that the organization has the ability and intention to produce the ordered end products and services within roughly the agreed upon timeframe. Of course it's reasonable then in this framework for the delivery date to be an estimate, because of course there are going to be some unforseen issues in producing the end product.

You can easily replace "Black Arrow" with "Minersource" and the same applies.

Minersource has broken so many laws and rules by not sending refunds and not informing customers about delays. I'm still waiting for a refund like many others. If minersource was located in my country they would be bankrupt and the owners in jail.

heslo

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:52:14 AM

Minersource has broken so many laws and rules by not sending refunds and not informing customers about delays. I'm still waiting for a refund like many others. If minersource was located in my country they would be bankrupt and the owners in jail.

A-fucking-men!

They've dicked me around for months now, no seeming response to my emails other than generated mass responses of the same bullshit I've been fed for so long now telling me I can't get a refund because it's a pre-order. My gut tells me their hemorrhaging money and are close to going under; I feel we may never see a refund.
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 10:51:02 AM

A-fucking-men!

They've dicked me around for months now, no seeming response to my emails other than generated mass responses of the same bullshit I've been fed for so long now telling me I can't get a refund because it's a pre-order. My gut tells me their hemorrhaging money and are close to going under; I feel we may never see a refund.

In april, I made a binding agreement with Matt from minersource which stated they would send me a refund. I'm still waiting.

Someone should create a new thread for Minersource 'victims' this might grab their attention to issue refunds faster, one that isn't moderated by black arrow.

heslo

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:00:28 AM

A-fucking-men!

In april, I made a binding agreement with Matt from minersource which stated they would send me a refund. I'm still waiting.

Someone should create a new thread for Minersource 'victims' this might grab their attention to issue refunds faster, one that isn't moderated by black arrow.

I did find this...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=705442.0

and this...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684263.0
EricKennedy

Activity: 360

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:09:12 PM

Update : we just received 10 Prospero X3 (20x 1Th hashing units).
Our order seems to be complete, without of course 5 more compensation units (no idea when we'll receive)

Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: