Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:33:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89316 times)
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:10:25 PM

I send my ID only for good exchanges. Although i am very regret about that.
Sending an ID for KYC is the stupid things. Its' very dangerous if some bad guy know you details profile. You can send fake ID if you want, although i don't agree with that.

I've sent my IDs to exchanges. I'm guessing this isn't as dangerous as sending it to an ICO. But does sending to an exchange still present a threat? And should it be a requirement?

jenny58

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:11:51 PM

Where can I get these ID cards? I would like to do one too. then I can be there at 100 airdrops . my real data does not get an airdrop in this century from me

To me "photoshopping" your own is the best way to go.  

Do you think they are going to check some guys electric bill that lives in a remote part of Paraguay?  The projects asking for your KYC are in it to mine for your data.

Coinbase = mining for the govtment to track you
bittrex = mining for the govtment to track you

ICO's/airdrops/bounties = mining for personal data to be sold on the dark web.

The most appalling thing is that its the poor guys trying to get into and ICO with under 10k giving up their data.  If you send your passport in and invested less than 1000USD then you need to take a long hard look at the decisions your making.  Can't be a whale one day if your under investigation for god knows what due to the fact some criminal was using your passport.  

funnelz

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:30:17 PM

Did it occur to you guys that the entire point of crypto currency is for you to be able to make anonymous transactions.  If you allow the bankers and governments to ID you what is the point of crypto's? 

To you guys who sent in all your documents.  Good luck.  That info is worth a lot to some of the poorer folks of the world.  You bet your ass its being sold now. 

coinmgnet

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:46:29 PM

I have Polymath and Bobs and they have non of my information.  Sorry you sent yours in.

Remember its not illegal to hand your friend a fake ID.  The KYC process is absurd as there is no way in hell they know who is on the other side of the ethernet cable.

Only fools send in real docs.  Jesus guys.

Check out the laws in your area and wisen up to the internet game.  Why in the hell would you give an unknown person your passport?   

Agreed, the KYC is just a safety measure in case you are a criminal or something.
But, if you provide a fake id, it's not like you gave it to a government authority or something, just to an project. And if the project turns out to be scam, then there is that, you win!
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:49:11 PM

It is not as easy as it sounds. because they dont ask only id or passport. they also ask for selfies holding those documents. it is not easy to change them properly by photoshop. need professional hands to do it otherwise they can catch and fire you from the ico.
jakob_

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:02:02 PM

If big players get in crypto and all these regulations take place KYC will be normal thing for any serious crypto project. Governments will not accept crypto without knowing who is using it.
BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:05:48 PM

If big players get in crypto and all these regulations take place KYC will be normal thing for any serious crypto project. Governments will not accept crypto without knowing who is using it.
But in this case main idea crypto will become lost. We get another digital "paradise" without any chance to make own choice. Because privacy coins will be killed in such case
jakob_

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:15:04 PM

But in this case main idea crypto will become lost. We get another digital "paradise" without any chance to make own choice. Because privacy coins will be killed in such case
Yes, but I really don't see how those big players will allow something that big like financial system to run without allowing them insight.

To have real crypto space people would need to organize financial system on top of cryptocurrencies by themselves  without big players but I think we are not on that level yet.
funnelz

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:15:38 PM

It is not as easy as it sounds. because they dont ask only id or passport. they also ask for selfies holding those documents. it is not easy to change them properly by photoshop. need professional hands to do it otherwise they can catch and fire you from the ico.

To anyone who took a selfie of themselves and sent that along with your passport you are truly a lost soul.  Are you guys fucking serious?  A selfie?  Could you feel yourself selling out as you did that?  Or was it just operation normal?  

xda-developer

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:19:56 PM

I know only two locations with regulated ICOs - USA and Singapure. But question is why ICOs from other locations which not regulated by anyone have requested IDs?

julianAm

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:26:03 PM

I know only two locations with regulated ICOs - USA and Singapure. But question is why ICOs from other locations which not regulated by anyone have requested IDs?
Not regulations ICO only. In news you can see that SEC published some issues about tokens and ICO with DEX or trading platform.
However your question is right but simple. Because everyone is afraid SEC

r95222

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:30:33 PM

To anyone who took a selfie of themselves and sent that along with your passport you are truly a lost soul.  Are you guys fucking serious?  A selfie?  Could you feel yourself selling out as you did that?  Or was it just operation normal?  

Yes, KYC include selfie very often. Because ID or passport simply find in internet. And most interested that KYC need for bounty also. For bounty! Without any invested money
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:17:56 PM

Where can I get these ID cards? I would like to do one too. then I can be there at 100 airdrops . my real data does not get an airdrop in this century from me

To me "photoshopping" your own is the best way to go.  

Do you think they are going to check some guys electric bill that lives in a remote part of Paraguay?  The projects asking for your KYC are in it to mine for your data.

Coinbase = mining for the govtment to track you
bittrex = mining for the govtment to track you

ICO's/airdrops/bounties = mining for personal data to be sold on the dark web.

The most appalling thing is that its the poor guys trying to get into and ICO with under 10k giving up their data.  If you send your passport in and invested less than 1000USD then you need to take a long hard look at the decisions your making.  Can't be a whale one day if your under investigation for god knows what due to the fact some criminal was using your passport.  

Are you can to 'photoshop' without any track about editing? Usually, it's impossible. Or you have any soft for this? Please, tell us. It's very important issue for all participants
cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:53:19 PM

If it is unfair for you, why not do the same? These fraud people are the ones who are not contented, hoping to get more by being a scammers. What's the difference between them? None... Fraud, fake, scammers, trash. So, if you wanna be like them? Go on

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:19:27 PM

I 100% agree. It seems that a lot of people don't understand what a bad guy can do on the deep web with their personal data and a passport scan.
It's very simple to make a fake ID with photoshop, and they can't verify.

Always always always send in a fake ID if your FOMO overcomes you. 

Sending in your real documents puts you on the wrong side of the intelligence bell curve.  You guys are insane sending your Passports over the internet to a person you have never met and do not know. 

Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:22:31 PM

If there isn't an official request from governamental institution, or a specific law to respect (for a lot of investments KYC is mandatory), there is no reason to send you ID and your papers to un unknown entity.
So, fake it!
donadoni212

Activity: 456

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:34:43 PM

I think they just want to see where you live and I'm sure they will not check any ID in detail because of how many hundred million IDs they should check if they will check it out?I do not think so..
there has been much debate about whether a KYC is used to identify investors? because many of them are afraid of their personal information being used for bad things by someone who is not responsible.if this personal data information is hacked by someone, this would be very dangerous.
I understand some countries are forbidden to follow an ICO, but with what you say is like making a fake document and they still accept it means there is still no certainty about the KYC they apply.

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:09:54 PM

Honestly, I don't encourage entering campaigns which are asking members to fill in KYC forms which is in itself despicably since it goes against everything crypto and bitcoin stands for. If everybody actively abandon such campaigns, the companies themselves will stop asking for KYC submissions. There are so many campaigns which don't require KYC submissions in order to earn profits. I don't encourage submitting fake KYC in order to earn profits since this could probably pose a problem to the person whose credentials you are submitting.
I know, those that are asking for that kind of information are doing it out of laziness they could have created their icos in a jurisdiction in which they did not needed to ask for that information but they choose not to do that, if people abandon those kind of campaigns then they will have no option but to try to relocate their project, in the future they will know that we are not going to accept that.
Agamemnus

Activity: 267

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:12:05 PM

I can't understand how people can send in their real documents to anyone online. With the way these exchanges are getting hacked, there can't be anything worse than losing your personal documents to these hackers.

Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:29:38 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

sending KYC when participating in ICO actually it has a positive side and the negative side, the positive side we can find out who and where the investor came from, the negative side of his identity you give can be traded and it is very dangerous because we know the passport is the identity very sensitive and most ICO now require passport for KYC. so it should not be necessary because it is sensitive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: