Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:39:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89306 times)
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:18:22 AM

Fake IDs it`s a simple lie. KYC is needed to Know Your Cosstumer, and you will know Your Fake, lol. But this is the matter of self security

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:22:22 AM

What were you expecting? You think somebody would just reveal his identity for stipends! People are in cryptocurrency because they are trying to avoid this kind of situation and unfortunately for many, some how project are demanding kyc that people are runinng away from!

ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:23:34 PM

I think that is very inappropriate that you deceived other people just to have get what you need. sending fake IDs gives them a impression that you are a bad people and doing illegal things.
DBronze98

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:26:43 PM

One  of the main reasons why Cryptocurrencies is famous and preferred is the fact that it provides anonymity. the documents such as passport and ID, required during verification already goes against one of the integral features of the trading platform,However sending fake ID for KYC seems to be a loophole hackers are exploiting. it also leave s a big concern of=n the security of the users accounts,

I share the same worry, KYC might be the blueprint for the fall of crypto currency.
Right. I have never invested in projects forcing KYC investors. I think such projects could be created by hackers to steal people's information

Pechalka

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:33:17 PM

One  of the main reasons why Cryptocurrencies is famous and preferred is the fact that it provides anonymity. the documents such as passport and ID, required during verification already goes against one of the integral features of the trading platform,However sending fake ID for KYC seems to be a loophole hackers are exploiting. it also leave s a big concern of=n the security of the users accounts,

I share the same worry, KYC might be the blueprint for the fall of crypto currency.
Right. I have never invested in projects forcing KYC investors. I think such projects could be created by hackers to steal people's information

Not all. Some of the success projects that give us a good profit already have KYC also. But topic starter made answer right. You always have chance to use any fake ID or other docs. Yes, if you use swiss banks for participation it's not applicable. But in other cases why not?

Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:57:59 PM

I agree that you should not send your real data to anyone. There is a high probability that they can fall into the hands of bad guys. For yourselves, to transfer fictitious data, no one will check a particular person from the other end of the world.
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:02:50 PM

Indeed the system itself is quite troublesome and KYC are certainly at risk. many of the problems will surely occur like abuse of identity by a third party. If indeed many are not caught during then faked of course is not a problem. However if caught cheating then it certainly will bring new problems.
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:07:36 PM

this is really a lot of pros and cons, because I think KYC is really needed to avoid the multi account, but it is also often misused for fraud etc., therefore I hope for the future there is a solution to solve this problem

i know and people know it
but the question just,
how they make our data safe.
even, the ETH wallet it's easy to hacking by bad people.
well ,
i will skipped some project needing KYC.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:18:13 PM

Not fair indeed, but sending in KYC documents that aren't your own are either illegal or should be illegal. I know you feel screwed over and rightfully so if you got surprised with KYC but stooping to their level won't help the situation. Besides being a bounty hunter you should now expect that you won't get all of your assets because things like this are going to happen. There will be scams and there will be surprise KYCs, this is the life of a bounty hunter sadly.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
abitgelluh

Activity: 174
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:21:39 PM

today, one of my friends did a kyc to get a payment and one of my friends told him to use a fake ID by using photoshop of course and after a few hours later my friend got the token, it was very easy and used the VPN of another country .. me now want to ask, is my friend right or wrong?
rextoinsem

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:37:35 PM

I do not understand the meaning of passing KYC. Buy fake documents is not a problem. Everyone knows that. In fact, even no one really checks for a fake. I see that there are no obvious signs and miss everything.
_Gaston_

Activity: 117

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:43:06 PM

today, one of my friends did a kyc to get a payment and one of my friends told him to use a fake ID by using photoshop of course and after a few hours later my friend got the token, it was very easy and used the VPN of another country .. me now want to ask, is my friend right or wrong?
Your friend is right only until the veracity and reality of the documents are checked. As soon as they begin to check the reality - it's simply banned (not in this project of course, but in any of the following)
ningo

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:47:17 PM

Sending in fake ID is equal to denial of passing kyc.If you send in a fake id ,you may manage to pass through or fail but definitely in way or the other you will be caught and shall not get away with it .l personally do not think kyc is a bad idea.Everyone just has to do the right thing and we shall have a stable ecosystem and everything will move smoothly.
jorj_pay_UZ

Activity: 406

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:51:29 PM

In my country, the data in the passport is not written in Latin letters, often I face problems with the passage of verification. It is good to have a second passport from another country, usually, pass verification with it. I do not use other people's data. English-world language

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
PumaPuma_

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:53:31 PM

I'm not afraid of checking KYC and why are you afraid of it. Well, that, they will have your copy of your passport and photo and what threatens you, I can not understand.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:02:03 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.
I think the data we send via KYC is not checked, it just verifies that you are real. considering the crypto for the world. and not everyone has a passport. and they only use driving sim data, and ID cards. remembering that, they will never know if what we send is really ours. so KYC or anything like that just makes it difficult for both parties.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:03:14 PM

this is really a lot of pros and cons, because I think KYC is really needed to avoid the multi account, but it is also often misused for fraud etc., therefore I hope for the future there is a solution to solve this problem

i know and people know it
but the question just,
how they make our data safe.
even, the ETH wallet it's easy to hacking by bad people.
well ,
i will skipped some project needing KYC.
Even myself would simply skipped out project with have KYC requirements no matter how good it is. Anonymity or privacy would always concern me and once you comply such documentations to them then you are already risking out your entity. Above on all things that do happen about selling out informations into blackmarket we wont even know that our information is already there and being sold out by other people and use up on other purpose.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:20:35 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I'm not an expert when it comes to the law or anything like that but those that think they outsmarted the system and sent not only fake data but the data of someone else over the internet committed a crime and if they are caught they are going to pay with time in jail, also if you do not feel secure sending your documents to an ico that is a sign you should not send your money either.
Prod

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

Decentralized global logistics platform

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 10:19:41 PM

If you send false data during KYC, then do not be surprised if false tokens are sent to you. It should be determined whether you play the rules of regulators and pass KYC, or simply do not participate in similar projects. Because of the uncertain behavior and fussiness of the masses - regulators need to be.

●    D A F Z O    ●   A DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL P2P LOGISTICS PLATFORM   ●    D A F Z O    ●
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TelegramFacebookTwitterWhitePaperANNOnePagerYoutubeMediumLinkedIn
Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:25:40 PM

NOT FAIR.

I am very disappointed with this development. I honestly submitted my documents because they asked for it and others just faking it, it is not fair. I hope that someday they would stop asking for KYC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: