Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:40:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478620 times)
Dexter12

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 12:02:57 PM

Cryptsy really looks like it is going down. Withdrawing btc seems hopeless, but can people withdraw HBN and other alt coins? Or is it totally shutdown.

I used cryptsy less and less as my withdraw delays took longer and longer.

The rats were all leaving the hold and I could hear a gawd awful sucking noise as the black hole of crypto started imploding, drawing in all deposits and not letting anything out.  I'm kind of a long term investor so I guess I'll just stake and hold for a while until some better opportunities open up or someone sends the “all clear” signal. My tail end is still burning after my frightful experience dumping and running, but I did manage to get some HBN and other coins out.  Sad

I have withdrawn hbn without issues, btc took 24 hours
You have to be very lucky, my btc withdrawal from cryptsy is pending for 4 weeks now.. 4 weeks!!! I wouldnt recommend cryptsy to anyone at the moment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 01:30:31 PM

Cryptsy really looks like it is going down. Withdrawing btc seems hopeless, but can people withdraw HBN and other alt coins? Or is it totally shutdown.

I used cryptsy less and less as my withdraw delays took longer and longer.

The rats were all leaving the hold and I could hear a gawd awful sucking noise as the black hole of crypto started imploding, drawing in all deposits and not letting anything out.  I'm kind of a long term investor so I guess I'll just stake and hold for a while until some better opportunities open up or someone sends the “all clear” signal. My tail end is still burning after my frightful experience dumping and running, but I did manage to get some HBN and other coins out.  Sad

I have withdrawn hbn without issues, btc took 24 hours
You have to be very lucky, my btc withdrawal from cryptsy is pending for 4 weeks now.. 4 weeks!!! I wouldnt recommend cryptsy to anyone at the moment.
Looks like cryptsy lost my ether though... they link a transaction which never happened

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:31:35 PM

Seems like Polo might be the way to go at least for a starters.  How are the expericnes with them? I used them about 6 months ago with HYP, seemed ok then. Still good?

I'll draft some type of proposal for them, perhaps we will need to get a bounty as well. 

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:43:46 PM

Seems like Polo might be the way to go at least for a starters.  How are the expericnes with them? I used them about 6 months ago with HYP, seemed ok then. Still good?

I'll draft some type of proposal for them, perhaps we will need to get a bounty as well. 

I'm thinking of trying Cryptopia out it looks interesting, but I really don't know.  Poloniex has worked well for me in the past but I haven't used it recently.  Polo seems to be courting a more intimate relationship of the “I'll tickle your feet if you tickle mine” variety where you can't make any withdrawals unless you disclose all your private parts.  Cheesy 

Quote terms: “Poloniex may, from time to time, implement policies restricting Verification Levels by nationality, country of residence, or any other factor. This may affect your ability to withdraw funds in your account and you indemnify Poloniex against any losses associated with an inability to deposit and/or withdraw funds based on your verification level.”

I've heard that the 20 richest people in the USA now own more wealth than the lower half of the US population and it is obvious that they have the strong arm of the US government behind them or there would be a more equitable tax structure.  Therefor I conclude that Polo might be enticed to close and clam up like Crypsty, so unfortunately I don't think it is worth the effort to get started there if it is going to cost much imho.
panpine

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 11:19:35 PM

best thing to do on cryptsy right now is to convert all your bitcoin or major altcoins to hobonickels and withdraw.
hobonickels withdrawal works just fine. I did quite large volume without a problem.

a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 11:20:51 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2015, 11:37:12 PM by a_cat_named_joe

Seems like Polo might be the way to go at least for a starters.  How are the expericnes with them? I used them about 6 months ago with HYP, seemed ok then. Still good?

I'm thinking of trying Cryptopia out it looks interesting, but I really don't know.  Poloniex has worked well for me in the past but I haven't used it recently.  Polo seems to be courting a more intimate relationship of the “I'll tickle your feet if you tickle mine” variety where you can't make any withdrawals unless you disclose all your private parts.  Cheesy  

Quote terms: “Poloniex may, from time to time, implement policies restricting Verification Levels by nationality, country of residence, or any other factor. This may affect your ability to withdraw funds in your account and you indemnify Poloniex against any losses associated with an inability to deposit and/or withdraw funds based on your verification level.”

I've heard that the 20 richest people in the USA now own more wealth than the lower half of the US population and it is obvious that they have the strong arm of the US government behind them or there would be a more equitable tax structure.  Therefor I conclude that Polo might be enticed to close and clam up like Crypsty, so unfortunately I don't think it is worth the effort to get started there if it is going to cost much imho.

As you can probably gather from my previous posts, my experience with Cryptopia has been a good one. When you transact out, you get a little pop up message saying something like: 'this withdrawal request will be processed within 60 seconds'. I haven't come across a time when it hasn't.

To my mind, Poloniex would be a sideways move. I like Major Max's BTER suggestion.

Yes... Many exchanges review the trading volume regularly. The volume in HBN is unlikely to be large in the forseeable future. Best to take enough time to get onto a couple of stable exchanges, and continue to monitor exchange requirements. BTER has been around a while and does distinguish between new/small/large coins.

I think that we should use Cryptopia https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/ and make a concerted effort to go for BTER https://bter.com/ref/218277. That would give HoboNickels full on exposure to the Chinese and Asian Markets as well as to those in the West.
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 08:57:43 AM

If we can get some volume moving on Cryptopia, I think it's ok. I wanted Poloniex because it has quite a lot of coins, like Bittrex. That would basically be a Cryptsy replacement. But BTER would be a move forward I guess.

Also, I have left Cryptsy as of today

HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 11:51:40 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 08:36:13 AM by HCLivess

I'm going to compile and test my db update and flying delorean fix in a minute
-keeping the old build_detect_platform

apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libboost-all-dev libdb5.1 libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++-dev --fix-missing
apt-get -f install
sed -i 's/O2/O3/g' makefile.unix
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
strip --strip-unneeded hobonickelsd

---build successful---

sandpaper

Activity: 373

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:00:30 PM

Seems like Polo might be the way to go at least for a starters.  How are the expericnes with them? I used them about 6 months ago with HYP, seemed ok then. Still good?

I'm thinking of trying Cryptopia out it looks interesting, but I really don't know.  Poloniex has worked well for me in the past but I haven't used it recently.  Polo seems to be courting a more intimate relationship of the “I'll tickle your feet if you tickle mine” variety where you can't make any withdrawals unless you disclose all your private parts.  Cheesy  

I've heard that the 20 richest people in the USA now own more wealth than the lower half of the US population and it is obvious that they have the strong arm of the US government behind them or there would be a more equitable tax structure.  Therefor I conclude that Polo might be enticed to close and clam up like Crypsty, so unfortunately I don't think it is worth the effort to get started there if it is going to cost much imho.

As you can probably gather from my previous posts, my experience with Cryptopia has been a good one. When you transact out, you get a little pop up message saying something like: 'this withdrawal request will be processed within 60 seconds'. I haven't come across a time when it hasn't.

To my mind, Poloniex would be a sideways move. I like Major Max's BTER suggestion.

Yes... Many exchanges review the trading volume regularly. The volume in HBN is unlikely to be large in the forseeable future. Best to take enough time to get onto a couple of stable exchanges, and continue to monitor exchange requirements. BTER has been around a while and does distinguish between new/small/large coins.

I think that we should use Cryptopia https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/ and make a concerted effort to go for BTER https://bter.com/ref/218277. That would give HoboNickels full on exposure to the Chinese and Asian Markets as well as to those in the West.

I have a major issue with Cryptopia that I hope isn't their fault. When I go to the settings page and try to change anything, it says I need a 4-8 character pin. I see no place to enter a pin. This gives me a red flag.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:03:50 PM

I have a major issue with Cryptopia that I hope isn't their fault. When I go to the settings page and try to change anything, it says I need a 4-8 character pin. I see no place to enter a pin. This gives me a red flag.
Hey mate I'm an admin at Cryptopia and did you ever set a pin for your account? Cause I know that people can set a pin number that needs to be entered for all sorts of things like whenever I log into my Cryptopia account I have to enter my 4 digit PIN after my login and password are entered.  If you don't remember if you did or not just open a support ticket and I'll make sure that I bring it to the attention of the owners ASAP to help you get the problem fixed Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

sandpaper

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:49:41 PM

Hey mate I'm an admin at Cryptopia and did you ever set a pin for your account? Cause I know that people can set a pin number that needs to be entered for all sorts of things like whenever I log into my Cryptopia account I have to enter my 4 digit PIN after my login and password are entered.  If you don't remember if you did or not just open a support ticket and I'll make sure that I bring it to the attention of the owners ASAP to help you get the problem fixed Smiley Cheers

That's the thing. I didn't set any of that up and it only appears on the security page.

"The pin must be between 4 and 8 digits." is exactly what pops up

There isn't even a spot to enter the pin. Is chrome not good to use on the site?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:51:02 PM

That's the thing. I didn't set any of that up and it only appears on the security page.

There isn't even a spot to enter the pin. Is chrome not good to use on the site?
Hmmm that's super weird cause I use chrome and I'm on the site right now as I type this.  Best I can suggest is to open a support ticket and I'll pass the message along to the owners about the problem you are having so they will look into it as soon as they are around Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

sandpaper

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:54:54 PM

Hmmm that's super weird cause I use chrome and I'm on the site right now as I type this.  Best I can suggest is to open a support ticket and I'll pass the message along to the owners about the problem you are having so they will look into it as soon as they are around Smiley Cheers

Can you do me a favor and take a screenshot of where your area to enter a pin is? Delete all personal info obviously.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:03:09 PM

Can you do me a favor and take a screenshot of where your area to enter a pin is? Delete all personal info obviously.
Well that wouldn't help you cause I only set my PIN for when I login so that's the only time it asks me to enter it is right after I enter my email and password then the same screen pops up with verify your PIN and another box and I enter my PIN.  That's the thing is in the security features you can set to only have to use your PIN at certain times like when you login, deposit, withdraw, tip or etc etc.... So unfortunately taking a screenshot of when it asks to enter my PIN wouldn't help you but I mean if you really really want to see it I can do it.

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

sandpaper

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:08:12 PM

Well that wouldn't help you cause I only set my PIN for when I login so that's the only time it asks me to enter it is right after I enter my email and password then the same screen pops up with verify your PIN and another box and I enter my PIN.  That's the thing is in the security features you can set to only have to use your PIN at certain times like when you login, deposit, withdraw, tip or etc etc.... So unfortunately taking a screenshot of when it asks to enter my PIN wouldn't help you but I mean if you really really want to see it I can do it.

Cool I'll make a new account and see how that works first.
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 12:58:13 PM

Guys if any of you have an ARMv7 machine like raspberry pi and would like to test my build with updated database and floating delorean fix port from vnl/nvc, please try here: https://github.com/hclivess/HoboNickels/blob/master/src/hobonickelsd?raw=true
I don't have space on Rpi and my Tronsmart is missing some libs  Undecided

HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 05:05:44 PM

Cryptopia is stuck, gg

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 02:56:04 PM

Cryptopia is stuck, gg

What do you mean stuck?

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:34:41 PM

Cryptopia is stuck, gg

What do you mean stuck?

Well for me, “Stuck” as in transitioning into “maintenance” mode shortly after I tried to making my first deposit leaving my HBN in data processing purgatory for days – go figure. Cheesy
Rakete4

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:23:12 PM

Hello all. I recently received a note from dreamwatcher. The yearly fee for HBN and CAP on CCE has come due. The fee to renew both for the year is $440.  For just 1 it is 275.

Is this something we want to renew as a community?  If so I need your help. I can not cover the cost myself. I need to raise at least $350 from the community and I will cover the rest.

Due date is the 1st of the year.

To donate for HBN send BTC here: 1GMH9jMKfrDx5ZurAwPqp7gwAerGKiPtFs

To donate for CAP send BTC here: 13Kwcjsprq942Bx3ddYFqzHgHnwdTx2dFw

If neither gets enough, the funds maybe combined to give at least 1 of them renewal, HBN will be first. If the combined total is not enough, funds will be returned.  We'll cross that bridge if it comes to it.

Added another 0.05232258 BTC to the HBN address.

This is nearly as much as the value of all my HBN, but we need to bring things forward. There is too much blabla in HBN-community, "3k Satoshi is holding well" "Rock solid bottom" was repeated almost 100 times, but there is nobody here to bring things forward.
People got used to Tranz doing everything and now we have the tragedy of the common, more than other coins.

I don't care if we choose CCE, the PressTab-Explorer or any other. Whatever is the cheapest. Without a working Blockchain-Explorer, HBN could be removed from Coinmarketcap.
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: