Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2018, 03:02:19 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 408993 times)
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:07:51 AM

In light of all the trouble cryptsy is having I suggest that we get hobonickels on more than one exchange. Is anybody working on this?

It already is on another (cryptopia) but hardly anyone is trading there. I tried, and it worked well enough for whenever Cryptsy fails. I must say though, trading at cryptsy for over 2 years that, yes, they cause me some headache every now and then but never failed to get me my coins. Ever. Eventually.

I agree with you PF1, but recently it does seem to have gotten worse.  I have now 2 pending withdrawals, working on 2 weeks.

We can try to get on another bigger exchange.  Let discuss and aim for one. I will do my best to grease the skids, but we will need a target it together as a community if we want to stand a chance.

Which one?  Bittrix?

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The World's Betting Exchange

Bet with play money. Win real Bitcoin. 5BTC Prize Fund for World Cup 2018.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:26:25 AM

Hippe, this may be my one and only response to you.

I understand your issues with Cryptsy, they are legit, but misplaced. Let me make the following perfectly clear:

1) I can tell you 100% I am none of the aliases you accuse me of. I have one account on this site, and I use the same(or similar) user name at other sites.
2) I have no insider information or background dealings with any of the admins at Cryptys. I do not even know any of them by their real names.
3) I'm smart. I saw the insider game being played between the Cryptys players. When I saw the abandoned coin, to scooped them up, fixed the code up and watched the chickens roost.
4) I spent much of my own money, time, and resources buying, fixing, researching many aspects of HBN, Bitcoin, and Cryptys.
5) I saw a missing point in the market that dealt with real charitable givings. Once I saw the name, the "background" info, and the hole in the market. I made the move to take over the coin.
6) I have taken what would have a complete mess and created something very different from the rest. With actual NEW useful code. Including Stake For Charity. I still have more plans to continue to move this forward and have it accepted by charitable sites all over the world. Much more work and time needs to be taken, but it is still in my future plans.

If you have any real questions for me, ask. But please stop spamming this thread with JDTemp/Hourus/Whomever complaints. They are long gone, and don't even care for HBN anymore. Whatever little money they made, let it go. I can tell you, it likely wasn't much.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 02:29:08 AM

Do your research before you go spewing what little vocabulary your low IQ can muster. (In the process you will eventually realize that you are not the first newb to react in the very same inbred maggot like way. Tongue )

It has been widely known for some time now that your hero(s) are nothing but scammers, liars.. pure scum.

If this isn't enough.. good luck on your voyage of the crypto damned.

That was the sum total of your response to me. Let's look at it line-by-line.

Do your research before you go spewing what little vocabulary your low IQ can muster. (In the process you will eventually realize that you are not the first newb to react in the very same inbred maggot like way. Tongue )

It's good that we get the pleasantries out of the way.

First, you made the presumption that I am a Newbie. Yet you are aware that people could have more than one username on this site and elsewhere. Jumping to conclusions like that is indicative of a poor standard of reasoning and understanding. I make that observation since you purport, or pretend to be an investigative journalist/video maker.

Let's continue. You said: "Do your research ... In the process you will eventually realize that you are not the first newb to react in the very same inbred maggot like way.  Tongue"

Well, I did do some research before I posted and did find the others (who you refer to as newbies) who did react in a similar way to myself. I even gave the reference to you on a plate. Again, not very convincing of any ability of yours to be able to comprehend English Language.

Not doing very well so far are you? And that was your first sentence. At least technically it was, despite your poor grammar (misuse of the full stop etc.).

When you semiotically analyse your choice of words, together with your attached smiley at the end, it conveys several things, one of which could be that you are getting pleasure out of the attention someone is giving you. The words: 'inbred' and 'maggot' do seem to pop up regularly in your vocabulary elsewhere. Perhaps they are on your mind because they are indicative of the something that might be affecting you personally, or have affected you personally in the past. Perhaps you are a pathetic, delusional, lonely person who tries to assume the mantle of the investigative reporters that you try to associate your name with. I wonder whether they would like to be associated with you. Somehow, I doubt it.

OK. Let's get to the meat: You said: "It has been widely known for some time now that your hero(s) are nothing but scammers, liars.. pure scum.

If this isn't enough.. good luck on your voyage of the crypto damned."

Woooh. No. That isn't enough. That's just a statement with no fact to back it up. If you are going to cast aspersions like that publicly, as any trained investigative reporter will tell you, you have to be prepared to back up those assertions with real evidence. Something you haven't done. Those are serious allegations. From behind that presumed cloak of anonymity of yours, it is cowardly of you to make those accusations without backing them up.

The rest of your post is mainly copy and pasted and presumably was presented by yourself as 'the evidence'. I will selectively summarise it as follows: Horus has had several user names which he quite freely confirms. He has worked for Cryptsy. He gave all his HBN to charity and he gave a reference which can be checked. Then, "Tranz took over dev and has been great with the coin". Well, I think the vast majority of us can agree with that. So what's your point?

Amongst the other revelations you presented as evidence was confirmation by Horus that he had worked in anti-terrorist financing and investigations (presumably in his employment capacity at Cryptsy). He also said that even one of the trolls ... "spoke good words towards my character. I have always tried to be fair with people and I am known in community for being helpful and honest with people." He further states that he is sorry to inform people there is no great Horus conspiracy and that he is saddened to disappoint. But what relevance is Horus to HoboNickels today, other than the being butt of a joke? So Hippie Tech, is this the standard of evidence you are presenting to show proof of some wrong-doing?

I would suggest, on the face of it, that it shows the opposite of what you are trying to impute. He was open with you and quite prepared to talk to you about it. I wouldn't have been in the same circumstances. It is hard to communicate with a delusional, irrational idiot.

You go on to mention the Cryptsy court case. Well, if you check my posts out you will find that on occasions I have been quite critical of Cryptsy. At one time, I even threatened them with court action. I had done many trades with them; some very quickly. Too quickly. I had once inadvertently activated a security 'lock my account' hyperlink. To reopen my account Cryptsy required me to submit all kinds of proof - which is understandable. It took time, which annoyed me, but eventually everything was sorted out to my satisfaction.

Cryptsy's Paul Vernon is upfront and accountable. These are not the markers of a scamster. To persistently make vagaries of accusations on the flimsy tissue of nonsense you have put forward here shows piss poor investigatory powers, in my opinion. It is cowardly to anonymously hound people in such a way as you have done. Why don't you take your evidence to the authorities? Maybe you have, and have had it rejected for the rambling, nonsensical diatribe that it is. Continually plastering it on BitcoinTalk like you have had to do is a sign of weakness. Go to the authorities if you think that you have something.

Finally, you might be aware that Bitcoin has been classified as a commodity in the United States. That means it can be traded on the stock exchange, just as it is on crypto coin exchanges. By logical extension, that classification as a commodity applies to altcoins as well.

There are stringent laws against people trying to depress the price of traded commodities with what we call FUD - Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. Recently, there was a case here in the UK, where one person tried to influence prices on the Stock Exchange with FUD via Twitter. He was pounced on by the authorities and is now serving a prison sentence. You can be traced. You might want to take that into account before you post any further in this thread.

Prison life can be pretty stringent. If it ever comes to it, I give you my word, I am prepared to back you up ... that you shouldn't be in a prison, ... but in an asylum.

You trolled me.. called me a cunt. Then act as if you're the refined and intellectual one. lolz..

And yes.. I must be fucked in the head because I can't bring myself to help these assholes rip you guys off even though I'M THE ONE LIVING THE LIFE OF A FUCKING HOBO.

You are a bagholding noob if :
- you trust and believe these people who have been proven many times to be pathological lying sociopaths.
- you trust and believe the negative rep left by these very same people and their shills /socks...

And regardless of whoever Tranz is.. he is guilty by association and has profited greatly.

a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:19:43 AM

@ Hippie Tech

Well you were attacking a coin I had invested in, so like a mirror I reflected back at you. Seriously, I think you need to get some help. I know the signs of mental illness and I now believe that you could be unwell. I'm not trying to score points here. You are obviously intelligent and have a great imagination. However, when imagination turns in on itself it can be destructive and incapacitating. I might be wrong, but please take my advice. Now fuck off!
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 03:27:10 AM

@ Hippie Tech

Well you were attacking a coin I had invested in, so like a mirror I reflected back at you. Seriously, I think you need to get some help. I know the signs of mental illness and I now believe that you could be unwell. I'm not trying to score points here. You are obviously intelligent and have a great imagination. However, when imagination turns in on itself it can be destructive and incapacitating. I might be wrong, but please take my advice. Now fuck off!

Quoted for legal purposes.

Argon18

Activity: 431

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 08/14/17

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:59:13 AM

HOBONICKEL BUMP DAY !!!!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Buy HOBO before it leaves the station without Ya!!!   Grin Grin Grin

AG18

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1062

[[[],[]],[[],[]]]

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 07:01:38 AM

It has been widely known for some time now that your hero(s) are nothing but scammers, liars.. pure scum.

If this isn't enough.. good luck on your voyage of the crypto damned.

That was the sum total of your response to me. Let's look at it line-by-line.

It's good that we get the pleasantries out of the way.

First, you made the presumption that I am a Newbie. Yet you are aware that people could have more than one username on this site and elsewhere. Jumping to conclusions like that is indicative of a poor standard of reasoning and understanding. I make that observation since you purport, or pretend to be an investigative journalist/video maker.

Let's continue. You said: "Do your research ... In the process you will eventually realize that you are not the first newb to react in the very same inbred maggot like way.  Tongue"

Well, I did do some research before I posted and did find the others (who you refer to as newbies) who did react in a similar way to myself. I even gave the reference to you on a plate. Again, not very convincing of any ability of yours to be able to comprehend English Language.

Not doing very well so far are you? And that was your first sentence. At least technically it was, despite your poor grammar (misuse of the full stop etc.).

When you semiotically analyse your choice of words, together with your attached smiley at the end, it conveys several things, one of which could be that you are getting pleasure out of the attention someone is giving you. The words: 'inbred' and 'maggot' do seem to pop up regularly in your vocabulary elsewhere. Perhaps they are on your mind because they are indicative of the something that might be affecting you personally, or have affected you personally in the past. Perhaps you are a pathetic, delusional, lonely person who tries to assume the mantle of the investigative reporters that you try to associate your name with. I wonder whether they would like to be associated with you. Somehow, I doubt it.

OK. Let's get to the meat: You said: "It has been widely known for some time now that your hero(s) are nothing but scammers, liars.. pure scum.

If this isn't enough.. good luck on your voyage of the crypto damned."

Woooh. No. That isn't enough. That's just a statement with no fact to back it up. If you are going to cast aspersions like that publicly, as any trained investigative reporter will tell you, you have to be prepared to back up those assertions with real evidence. Something you haven't done. Those are serious allegations. From behind that presumed cloak of anonymity of yours, it is cowardly of you to make those accusations without backing them up.

The rest of your post is mainly copy and pasted and presumably was presented by yourself as 'the evidence'. I will selectively summarise it as follows: Horus has had several user names which he quite freely confirms. He has worked for Cryptsy. He gave all his HBN to charity and he gave a reference which can be checked. Then, "Tranz took over dev and has been great with the coin". Well, I think the vast majority of us can agree with that. So what's your point?

Amongst the other revelations you presented as evidence was confirmation by Horus that he had worked in anti-terrorist financing and investigations (presumably in his employment capacity at Cryptsy). He also said that even one of the trolls ... "spoke good words towards my character. I have always tried to be fair with people and I am known in community for being helpful and honest with people." He further states that he is sorry to inform people there is no great Horus conspiracy and that he is saddened to disappoint. But what relevance is Horus to HoboNickels today, other than the being butt of a joke? So Hippie Tech, is this the standard of evidence you are presenting to show proof of some wrong-doing?

I would suggest, on the face of it, that it shows the opposite of what you are trying to impute. He was open with you and quite prepared to talk to you about it. I wouldn't have been in the same circumstances. It is hard to communicate with a delusional, irrational idiot.

You go on to mention the Cryptsy court case. Well, if you check my posts out you will find that on occasions I have been quite critical of Cryptsy. At one time, I even threatened them with court action. I had done many trades with them; some very quickly. Too quickly. I had once inadvertently activated a security 'lock my account' hyperlink. To reopen my account Cryptsy required me to submit all kinds of proof - which is understandable. It took time, which annoyed me, but eventually everything was sorted out to my satisfaction.

Cryptsy's Paul Vernon is upfront and accountable. These are not the markers of a scamster. To persistently make vagaries of accusations on the flimsy tissue of nonsense you have put forward here shows piss poor investigatory powers, in my opinion. It is cowardly to anonymously hound people in such a way as you have done. Why don't you take your evidence to the authorities? Maybe you have, and have had it rejected for the rambling, nonsensical diatribe that it is. Continually plastering it on BitcoinTalk like you have had to do is a sign of weakness. Go to the authorities if you think that you have something.

Finally, you might be aware that Bitcoin has been classified as a commodity in the United States. That means it can be traded on the stock exchange, just as it is on crypto coin exchanges. By logical extension, that classification as a commodity applies to altcoins as well.

There are stringent laws against people trying to depress the price of traded commodities with what we call FUD - Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. Recently, there was a case here in the UK, where one person tried to influence prices on the Stock Exchange with FUD via Twitter. He was pounced on by the authorities and is now serving a prison sentence. You can be traced. You might want to take that into account before you post any further in this thread.

Prison life can be pretty stringent. If it ever comes to it, I give you my word, I am prepared to back you up ... that you shouldn't be in a prison, ... but in an asylum.

You trolled me.. called me a cunt. Then act as if you're the refined and intellectual one. lolz..

And yes.. I must be fucked in the head because I can't bring myself to help these assholes rip you guys off even though I'M THE ONE LIVING THE LIFE OF A FUCKING HOBO.

You are a bagholding noob if :
- you trust and believe these people who have been proven many times to be pathological lying sociopaths.
- you trust and believe the negative rep left by these very same people and their shills /socks...

And regardless of whoever Tranz is.. he is guilty by association and has profited greatly.

So there is your point, thank you.

-People associated with HBN currently are: Tranz, presstab, unick. All of them are programmers and have proven themselves by actual coding. They are not public, but neither is Satoshi
-Daily trade volume of HBN moves between 13 and 0 BTC (do you think a wealthy scammer would be happy with that 0?)
-Taking it to the top 10 costs less than $2k
-There has been 0 hype surrounding this coin, can't say that about Monero for example, never had a major capitalisation
-I myself can manipulate the price by 20% or more if I am lucky

We can discuss these points if you are interested, of course.

Bismuth - New Language, Interpretation Engines, Free Set of DAPPs https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1896497
Bitrated user: HCLivess.
HCLivess
Legendary

[[[],[]],[[],[]]]

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 07:03:31 AM

In light of all the trouble cryptsy is having I suggest that we get hobonickels on more than one exchange. Is anybody working on this?

It already is on another (cryptopia) but hardly anyone is trading there. I tried, and it worked well enough for whenever Cryptsy fails. I must say though, trading at cryptsy for over 2 years that, yes, they cause me some headache every now and then but never failed to get me my coins. Ever. Eventually.

I agree with you PF1, but recently it does seem to have gotten worse.  I have now 2 pending withdrawals, working on 2 weeks.

We can try to get on another bigger exchange.  Let discuss and aim for one. I will do my best to grease the skids, but we will need a target it together as a community if we want to stand a chance.

Which one?  Bittrix?

I vote for Poloniex, because it has the largest volume of all
My second vote is for Bittrex

Bismuth - New Language, Interpretation Engines, Free Set of DAPPs https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1896497
HCLivess
Legendary

[[[],[]],[[],[]]]

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 07:06:12 AM

Is there a conclusion we should make form that Cryptsy mess?

Everyone decided to change the subject and/or leave the room just as it seemed we were about to hit paydirt. Then again.. who knows as the layers of deciet seemingly have no end.

Despite this being a very interesting subject, especially considering the current state of Cryptsy, are there any implications for the HBN user? I have only followed the "investment journal" so far, that ended up with tokyoghetto getting involved in promotion of some scam? Was it HYPER or something? And then he disappeared, just like the said hobo seemingly disappeared. I have no doubt these people have endless identities (sometimes I feel there are like 10 users on this site altogether), but I doubt they stay with the cow if some milking has been done, so we should be clear I'd say.

HYPER wasn't a scam, it's still around with a lot of support.

Excuse me, I meant allegations, which may as well be false

PressF1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:01:46 AM

Which one?  Bittrix?

It's gotten worse indeed, no denying there. And a bigger exchange would be great. I help pushing whichever one is decided upon. And will take my trades there too if we succeed.

HBN & CAP: F1PressF1PCxEyESGk6Fe1om1RfiHqX5gg
HCLivess
Legendary

[[[],[]],[[],[]]]

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 08:16:23 AM

Also, I wanted to report a 0.1B/year explorer in case of need
https://www.blockexperts.com/#services

panpine

Activity: 169
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:29:10 PM

Does Hobonickels have a Twitter account?

HCLivess
Legendary

[[[],[]],[[],[]]]

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 03:28:46 PM

Does Hobonickels have a Twitter account?

Only this one: https://twitter.com/hobonickels_jp

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 913
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:13:51 PM

Poloniex or Bittrex would be nice.  Only thing I do not like about Bittrex is how quickly they drop coins if the trading volume slows for any length of time.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:12:35 PM

Poloniex or Bittrex would be nice.  Only thing I do not like about Bittrex is how quickly they drop coins if the trading volume slows for any length of time.
Ya I would put my vote out there for Poloniex before Bittrex and not because I don't like Bittrex I do love that exchange but like Hilux said they tend to delist coins pretty quickly if the trading volume doesn't stay up there.

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

HCLivess
Legendary

[[[],[]],[[],[]]]

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 11:03:54 PM

So what do we do now? start a fund? I have no idea who to bribe Sad

cryptmebro

Activity: 791
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:58:29 PM

Ya I would put my vote out there for Poloniex before Bittrex and not because I don't like Bittrex I do love that exchange but like Hilux said they tend to delist coins pretty quickly if the trading volume doesn't stay up there.

My thoughts as wellm
a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 306

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:18:28 AM

I think we should be calm and proceed in a measured way. Most HoboNickels holders keep their main stash intact and only occasionally siphon off a proportion of their POS interest. This doesn't normally constitute a great amount. That is why the price has held. HoboNickels are valued and stored away.

For that moderate HBN volume, Cryptopia is a good, stable exchange. It has had HBN listed there for quite some time now https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/. OK the volume of HBN there is not great, but whose fault is that? I like Cryptopia because it is not based in the United States and is less prone to regulatory turbulence. As an example of that turbulence, as from August 2015, Poloniex cannot process trades from anyone resident in the State of New York. US regulation could get worse.

Why don't we try the Chinese-based exchange bitebi9  www.bitebi9.com/
Thundertoe has been successful in getting Tekcoin listed there. bitebi9 is a new start up company within the Bao Luo Technology Company Ltd., Dalian, China. They might like HBN on their books too.

Chinese CNY is the only fiat currency on bitebi9, but apparently you can buy BTC cheaper there than you can in the West. The exchange looks like a Cryptsy subsidiary. I wonder whether this is a planned Cryptsy move? Maybe other US exchanges will be forced relocate due to the increasing pressures from the banking sector.

Another exchange I have used and can recommend is https://yobit.net/en/  I think Yobit is based in Russia, but I'm not sure. Like Cryptopia, Yobit processes transactions quickly. A refreshing change from Cryptsy. And then again, Cryptsy hasn't folded yet. According to Paul Vernon it is still working hard to resolve outstanding issues. Cryptsy could bound back stronger than ever.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 01:16:13 AM

I think we should be calm and proceed in a measured way. Most HoboNickels holders keep their main stash intact and only occasionally siphon off a proportion of their POS interest. This doesn't normally constitute a great amount. That is why the price has held. HoboNickels are valued and stored away.

For that moderate HBN volume, Cryptopia is a good, stable exchange. It has had HBN listed there for quite some time now https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/. OK the volume of HBN there is not great, but whose fault is that? I like Cryptopia because it is not based in the United States and is less prone to regulatory turbulence. As an example of that turbulence, as from August 2015, Poloniex cannot process trades from anyone resident in the State of New York. US regulation could get worse.

Why don't we try the Chinese-based exchange bitebi9  www.bitebi9.com/
Thundertoe has been successful in getting Tekcoin listed there. bitebi9 is a new start up company within the Bao Luo Technology Company Ltd., Dalian, China. They might like HBN on their books too.

Chinese CNY is the only fiat currency on bitebi9, but apparently you can buy BTC cheaper there than you can in the West. The exchange looks like a Cryptsy subsidiary. I wonder whether this is a planned Cryptsy move? Maybe other US exchanges will be forced relocate due to the increasing pressures from the banking sector.

Another exchange I have used and can recommend is https://yobit.net/en/  I think Yobit is based in Russia, but I'm not sure. Like Cryptopia, Yobit processes transactions quickly. A refreshing change from Cryptsy. And then again, Cryptsy hasn't folded yet. According to Paul Vernon it is still working hard to resolve outstanding issues. Cryptsy could bound back stronger than ever.

Yes... Many exchanges review the trading volume regularly. The volume in HBN is unlikely to be large in the forseeable future. Best to take enough time to get onto a couple of stable exchanges, and continue to monitor exchange requirements. BTER has been around a while and does distinguish between new/small/large coins.
mmfiore

Activity: 859
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:15:01 PM

I guess I will go for Poloniex as well.

I would like to see both Hobonickles and Bottlecaps added there as well. I have a good amount of each. I wish I knew why Cryptsy is doing this? It seems deliberate as any coin that has a high volume on other exchanges seems to have the same trouble with withdrawal or has mysteriously gone into the maintenance mode. It appears to me that they have closed all avenues of escape if you want to convert your alt coin to btc you are left with very limited options.
1. What coins that are still working have only a small volume on other exchanges.
2. Or their prices are significantly lower than cryptsy price which means you will incur a large loss if you buy the coin and sell it on another exchange.
3. Some people have tried withdrawing very small amounts of btc .01 at a time. But if you do this you will get clobbered with excessive withdrawal fee that Cryptsy just implemented.

Another example of something that looks bad is I got most of my btc out by converting to Earthcoin and then sending it to my wallet. I did it late at night at 1 am. AS I was doing this in large buys of earthcoin which I then immediately withdrew the captcha part of the withdrawal process suddenly switched modes. It went from the easy to read 3 to five digit photograph of a number to this special bazaar font composed of long strings of letters which I could no longer tell which letters were caps and which letters were lower case. I tried 10 times and did not get one captcha code right. I finally switched to the audio mode to withdraw the rest of the coin. This once again looks very bad.  Assuming that people at Cryptsy are deliberating trying to keep people from withdrawing BTC or anything that can be converted to BTC I watched the chat at Cryptsy the next day as I was suspecting that Earth Coin wallet would also mysteriously malfunction as a result of my large transfer the night before. Sure enough the next day people were reporting that the Earth Coin wallet was now malfunctioning with extreme long delay for withdrawal.

This just looks really bad. This all started when bitcoin price started moving up. Is it possible that the main cryptsy wallet that stores BTC is insufficient to fulfill all withdrawal orders?

What does this all mean for alt - POS coins at cryptsy. If cryptsy is the only game in town you can't ever realize a profit because you cannot get your bitcoin out of there. After you sell your Hobonickles, you will be subject to the mysterious problem that seems to be affecting withdrawal of coins that can be sold for bitcoin or coins that are liguid enough to be sold for fiat. You will find that in one way or another they are essentially all locked down. This will eventually put POS coins that are only on cryptsy in trouble. Actually it will affect all of the alt coins traded at cryptsy in a very negative fashion.

Either cryptsy fixes this soon or we have to all withdraw all our coins from Cryptsy and trade them some where else in order to survive. I am recommending we all transfer out of cryptsy to some other exchange and resume trading at an exchange that is working. I can go with Polo or Bittrex they seem to be the most logical choices.

I would not be in such a conspiracy mode of operation but there is a ever larger growing collection of circumstantial evidence that seems to suggest something may not be right at cryptsy. If they would at least give updates or some details as to what exactly the problem is that would help to build confidence but almost no information is forthcoming. This problem is now in its 3rd week. Why the heck is the fix taking so long?

I did some checking and was chatting with people at Cryptsy they said there is only .16 btc in the main wallet. WalletExplorer.com

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.