Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:33:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to have many altcoins or it is enough to have few?  (Read 4902 times)
luigidosado

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:56:34 AM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?
Having more altcoins does not necessarily mean it has a higher value. When it comes to investment, I would rather prefer having few altcoins with a stable market and high value than having lots of altcoin with no value at all. In that way, I can easily manage what I have because I will only have to  focus on a few coins that I think really matter. It would be easier for me to keep on track if I only have a few on my portfolio. As long as you think that coin has a potential and have a stable market, invest on it. It does not really matter how many coins you have, its the value of each is what's more important.

xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:01:59 PM

altcoins

amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:12:43 PM

Think of it like having a multiple source of income at a time and compare it to just one or few source of income. Of course, having more alternate coins is better than just having only one or a few. If i have to choose, i would really choose to have a diverse investment because it can give me a better chance of earning big profit too.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
NashAmajh
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:17:33 PM

No,it is not enough to have a few amount of altcoins.because altcoins are very valuable thing. again the price of altcoins are very high. at last I will say that the more you have altcoins the more you will be profited.so just gather altcoins as much as you can.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉[MIGRATION  。SIMPLIFIED]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:22:42 PM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

I don't know of any harm in acquiring more altcoins but of good. Maybe harms could be if your hard earned cash is used in acquiring most of the coins and they all dip at same time resulting iñto a loss. But if you earned them via bounty, it is all good to you.
castis

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:32:09 PM

I think you need to have around 20-50 coins in your investments, because we need to diversify it and buy coins with different risks, some from top10 , some from top50, some from icos.
yecats

Activity: 395
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:50:16 PM

Invest on what you can afford to lose.There's nothing wrong if you have a lot of coins. But you just have to choose what's the best altcoins you need to hold because  not all altcoins can give you profit maybe it's waste of time and money  holding on it if you choose the wrong one.
Gramna

Activity: 197
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:54:32 PM

The best to have an altcoins that is few but worth holding for long term. Invest on altcoins that will grow and we could earned profit. There are many altcoins but some of it are scam so best it to select worth investing
I agree with you. It is not necessary to have many altcoins, it is better to have few but worth it. In cryptocurrency world, the best way to succeed is to find a good coin.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
White32

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:55:40 AM

Keeping too many coins has more chances that you can earn a fortune from one of them, though, same with the bad side that some coins are just waste of money but at least if you have more profit than losses then it is fine. Holding a few coins will just hold you back from earning.
[/quote
You are absolutely true keeping more than one altcoins is the best than keeping one. You had chances to get more profit and choose the better one. If some altcoins down the price atleast some has not. Just keep earning a different altcoins and hold it for the meantime.

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:37:57 AM

Will in my own thought its better to have many  kinds of alternative coin  than having only a few of altcoins because you can trade it any other coins what you want,or change it to fiat currency if you needed a money for your needs and wants in life.actually there is a big advantage if you have many altcoins in your wallet because its means,that you have a big investment of asset compared to others,and a big chance that your family have a bright future,because this all your asset you can inherit to your  family for there security.

Royal Jelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

ECOSTART

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:36:42 AM

It would be good to have some quality altcoins, I mean altcoin that already gives real results. I think the most important thing is the quality is not the quantity

E C O S T A R T | WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET
https://eco-start.com/
doodle07

Activity: 311

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:41:23 AM

For me, it is better to have few altcoins that are continuously growing because by the time that it reaches its highest value, it will be worth it and worth the wait. As they say "Never put your eggs in a single basket", put it in just maybe 4 different basket and focus on it.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 03:58:21 AM

The advantage of having many altcoins is that you diversify the risk and if one altcoin is down, there is a possibility that it will be negated by other altcoins if others are up. However, if most altcoins are down like what is happening now, it doesn't matter if you have many altcoins or not because all of them go down altogether. However, it would be hard to monitor the movement of the coins if you are day trading but if you are investing for it for a long time then it would just be alright.

If you have a few altcoins then it would be easier to monitor the price but if it is down, then you may have bigger loss compared to having many altcoins in which you diversify. Personally, I prefer a few altcoins because it is easier to see the movement and if necessary, rebalance it.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:00:49 AM

The disadvantage is when the alternative coin refers to the bitcoin price movement so that if the bitcoin price is moving down the price of the alternative coin goes down. The advantage is that when the price is high you can sell the alternative coin where other people do not have the coin to make a profit. Bitcoin and alternative coins are equally a crypto but the difference is that altcoin appears to provide a variety of choices to crypto users.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:05:31 AM

It is better and enough to just have a few amount of altcoins rather than having a lot of it because you will not be able to monitor it properly so if i were you, i will just stick to few altcoins so i can easily get updated and observe it properly without having any problem. You should just focus on the altcoins that has a good fundamentals and also good price to entry.
UCHCHILD

Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:07:43 PM

Having many coins doesn't mean you can earn a lot. But it doesn't mean you can lose also. Actually its all depended on market value, You have to buy when the market is down and sell when you market is up.
UCHCHILD

Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:26:49 AM

You have to use your mind when to should buy and sell. What if you buy the coins and value drops probably you lose all your money.
Mind is more important , rather than to have more altcoins.  Wink
heartwreck

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:34:22 AM

For me, its better to have many altcoins. I had more of them and getting it for me, i used to collect in free faucets or site when its my free time.And having many of it, having you also a lot of chances of having luck in exchanging it.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:17:56 AM

The best to have an altcoins that is few but worth holding for long term. Invest on altcoins that will grow and we could earned profit. There are many altcoins but some of it are scam so best it to select worth investing
Not a lot of altcoin that has great potential let alone every investor certainly has a limit on the amount of capital. I agree with you by investing in some altcoins only which are worthed for long term investment. look for potential altcoins only at least 3-5 altcoins is enough to give you a big profit dude
cerebro415

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:37:32 AM

Depends on several factors such price of the coins and the price charts for each coin. The frequent value that is often lessened from the value when the price drops or the frequent value that is added when the price increases. These are just several factors that would give you an idea of what coin to invest in, and what coin to buy the most.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: