Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:04:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to have many altcoins or it is enough to have few?  (Read 4902 times)
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:30:54 PM

Having more or less altcoins have equal an importance for instance the more number of altcoins in the market will give you more options to invest in new coins and everyone will get new opportunities to rise and become number one but when the number of coins are few the choice to invest in altcoins will be limited and internal manipulation between the coins can rise but you will have few coins but good coins based on proper ideas which can help us in different areas.
abiola1

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:36:04 PM

On the off chance that you can bear the cost of it, best is to put resources into numerous quality coins, so you limit dangers of losing if a specific coin crashes. What's more, you take the risk to procure a considerable measure if another coin flies to the moon.
CryptoBrainy

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:37:16 PM

The strategy that I am currently using (profitable so far) is to buy coins that got delisted from major exchanges without any real reason besides not having a working project yet.
Usually you get a insane discount because everyone panic selling.

You have to investigate those coins well tho, many are outright scams.
usamamalik555

Activity: 615
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:10:31 PM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

As for me, first of all, it depends on coin you hold. But if you have too many altcoins and you bought them without researches probably some of them will cost nothing.Even if you have a lot of alts, I would recommend to buy them wisely. There are a lot of promising projects and it is not bad to buy a lot of coins it just increase your chances of profit but I will say once more, do it wisely.
longskie0327

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:21:44 PM

They say collect as many as altcoin/Bitcoin as you have so that when it increase you will get more chances od bigger profit...well like wise just as many coins you have the more chances of losing it as well  when price of bitcoin comes to dip and everything in the market is red... it also loses its value...so few or many it doesn't matter anyway.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:43:40 PM

I think that the more coins and tokens exist, the better. Crypto currency must develop. It can do this only through its diversity. It is impossible to look at the crypto currency just from the point of view of the convenience of trading it. We do not yet know all the possibilities of crypto currency. Let the people engage in creativity. Of course, in view of the fact that the Crypto-currency is decentralized and the ICO process allows to collect multimillion-dollar amounts, there is a lot of fraud in this activity. All this is normal and we need to go through it calmly. Unclaimed coins vseravno will be rejected by the market, will remain only promising.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Arata

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:27:09 PM

The important thing is there is more than 1 coin in your portfolio. Do not just rely on just one type of coin. Maybe about 2-8 different types of coins. If you can afford to monitor more than that then that's okay. The advantage is if one of the coins lose, then we can still rely on other coins. As simple as that.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:28:00 PM

The advantage is if everything successful of course you will enjoy a very refreshing result but if you follow too much ICOs without reading the whitepaper carefully and choosing without a right thought then it could become a boomerang of the decisions you make.
Syunusa

Activity: 303

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:51:41 PM

As for me, it is better to have few altcoins that can solve real life issues than having a lot of shits in the wallet. Having few altcoins will enable me to monitor my investment effectively.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:54:24 PM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

The more altcoins you have the better the chances you have when and if anyone of them gets pumped. Acquiring them via bounties is still the best way compared to buying them if not sure of the future of the altcoin.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:56:44 PM

Of course if you want to redistribute your risks it will be better to buy more alternative coins,but at the same time its more important how will you choose this ,,many'' altcoins,Sometimes its better to choose one unique than thousand shitcoins. Anyway if you trust and if you have reasons why should you choose one and not hundred it would be better to choose one,because its more easy to control but at the same time there is more risky than holding hundred,but you know high reward is equal to high risks.
Nakakapagpabagabag

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:08:09 PM

Of course if you want to redistribute your risks it will be better to buy more alternative coins,but at the same time its more important how will you choose this ,,many'' altcoins,Sometimes its better to choose one unique than thousand shitcoins. Anyway if you trust and if you have reasons why should you choose one and not hundred it would be better to choose one,because its more easy to control but at the same time there is more risky than holding hundred,but you know high reward is equal to high risks.
Its ok to have many altcoins, but for me its better to have few altcoins. You just have to pick the most profitable coins, just like bitcoin. Because having fewer altcoins is best because you can monitor it.But it will just depends on your capacity and on how you can handle your investments. Before investing on alt coins, you must have to know its first, for you to be a wise investor.

Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:45:18 PM

Having your portfolio diversified is a good thing as it reduces your risks and increases the chances of better returns on your investment. But being invested in too many coins will also be negative and would work in the opposite way. Just pick few established coins with great use cases and you are good to go.
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:13:32 PM

The more you hold or doing something the less the concentration you should be able to optimize to find out and do market research on the ICO you are following, especially lately there are so many ICOs that don’t have quality and just copy the previous ICO
jirene21

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:17:13 PM

Yeah, dont just stick to one or two tokens or coins, if I were on you try to inest to different investments, try to trade lots of tokens so that it can be your advantages to other bitcoin users and also you can have a lots of option.

matthewio

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

bitcoin is great

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 04:19:33 PM

The more the different  types of tokens you hold, the more spread are your risk. There is also a chance that more of your holdings could go astronomical in price
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:23:11 PM

It is the best that you have more than 10 alternative coins. Why do I say so, you my friend, need to know about diversification, this for you to enable to gain profits more and when one or two investments of yours has failed or incurred loss, then the other investments of yours with gained profit will compensate the others. This is for your cryptocurrency portfolio to really have a outstanding performance.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:23:52 PM

It is best to have no alt coins, lol.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pakwan12

Activity: 119

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:30:54 PM

It's ok to have many altcoin but it is better to have many different tokens so that you can earn different tokens to there different price.
Dr.Nina

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:31:54 PM

All of we know the famous quote that “ don’t put your all eggs in a single basket”. Similarly in case of investment of this market we need to make a portfolio. If we make a good portfolio then the chance of profit and chance of reduction of loss will increase. It also reduce the risk of your investment. I personally invest different alt coin which introduced newly in the market. In this case I always try to know the reputation of that coin. And most of the cases I become success. So, to me a group of alt coin is better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: