Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:33:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
walkdev

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:43:15 PM

Let me chime in on this:

What raskul did is actually good for the coin in the long run. If all it does is accumulate, sooner or later it will devalue. But when stakeholders sell some to buy stuff, this SUPPORTS the tek ecosystem, and not indirectly. There has not, as yet, been a lot of focus on mercantile acceptance of this coin. This in it's early stages is probably a good thing, as the coin was being developed and distributed. Now, it has value. Its one of the higher valued coins in the crypto world, and unlike a lot of much more hyped coins, it actually works as advertised.

Of course, its more profitable at this point to stake than mine, so that makes it MORE valuable in that we generally don't want to part with it, but eventually it must circulate or be worthless.

EDIT: I see Walkdev ninja'd me Tongue

Glad to see that someone else shares the same opinion - proves that if I'm crazy, then at least I'm not alone! Cheesy
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:50:54 PM

Let me chime in on this:

What raskul did is actually good for the coin in the long run. If all it does is accumulate, sooner or later it will devalue. But when stakeholders sell some to buy stuff, this SUPPORTS the tek ecosystem, and not indirectly. There has not, as yet, been a lot of focus on mercantile acceptance of this coin. This in it's early stages is probably a good thing, as the coin was being developed and distributed. Now, it has value. Its one of the higher valued coins in the crypto world, and unlike a lot of much more hyped coins, it actually works as advertised.

Of course, its more profitable at this point to stake than mine, so that makes it MORE valuable in that we generally don't want to part with it, but eventually it must circulate or be worthless.

EDIT: I see Walkdev ninja'd me Tongue

Glad to see that someone else shares the same opinion - proves that if I'm crazy, then at least I'm not alone! Cheesy

This.

the reason I had no issues in owning up.. however, i'd have preferred to have been able to buy the stuff I am buying directly with TEK.
baby steps first  Wink we'll get there, i have no fear.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:31:29 PM

I got ,, xubuntu,, , any links for this.Thanks Smiley

i think you need to compile it from the source ^

I went through all this on page 34 of this thread, so I may be helpful. Here's the run down:

Build instructions for TEKcoin wallet on Ubuntu 14.04 and derivatives:
-------
Ubuntu has an officially maintained personal package archive (PPA) for Bitcoin wallet. Add this repository by entering these following commands in a terminal window:
  sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
  sudo apt-get update

Required packages:
  sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
  libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options1.54-dev libboost-thread-dev \
  libssl-dev libdb4.8++-dev miniupnpc libminiupnpc-dev

Packages for Qt4 build:
  sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev

Packages for QT5 build:
  sudo apt-get install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools

Download the source files and extract them to a working directory. Navigate to this folder and execute the following commands:
  qmake tekcoin-qt-linux.pro
  make

An executable file named `tekcoin-qt` will be built.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:09:37 AM

The smart move is to buy and hold TekCoin. Then sell in small portions later on as needed. This is the coin of the future as it creates a lot of coin fast if you buy some every day then the next month you get 40% increase each day on what you bought last month. On the other hand it will eventually become impossible to profit when mining bitcoin. So the smart thing to do is get into proof of stake. As the difficulty rises for bitcoin when it hits 40 Billion which will occur in about 300 days from now no one will be able to mine it. Electricity will cost more than you get from mining no matter how much mining power you have. The statements above assume bitcoin mining difficulty continues to grow 1 billion every 11 days and the price holds at 500 or less. Proof of stake is the way to go. The only way Bitcoin mining stays profitable after 300 days is for the price of bitcoin to climb or the difficulty drops. Hopefully one or the other will happen.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:22:20 AM

The smart move is to buy and hold TekCoin. Then sell in small portions later on as needed. This is the coin of the future as it creates a lot of coin fast if you buy some every day then the next month you get 40% increase each day on what you bought last month. On the other hand it will eventually become impossible to profit when mining bitcoin. So the smart thing to do is get into proof of stake. As the difficulty rises for bitcoin when it hits 40 Billion which will occur in about 300 days from now no one will be able to mine it. Electricity will cost more than you get from mining no matter how much mining power you have. The statements above assume bitcoin mining difficulty continues to grow 1 billion every 11 days and the price holds at 500 or less. Proof of stake is the way to go. The only way Bitcoin mining stays profitable after 300 days is for the price of bitcoin to climb or the difficulty drops. Hopefully one or the other will happen.

you are quite correct. And the only reason I do not mine TEK full-time is to ensure that I still have some miner on my BTC P2Pool node (however, all BTC I mine is directly spent on TEK) So I see it as a balance, I mine TEK and hold TEK - except when I need to buy stuff - and when I mine BTC, I buy TEK... I am indeed 100% all in on TEK, even though I still hop to mine some BTC now and again.

raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:26:09 AM

OK you horrible lot, I think it's time to get this thing on another exchange;

https://www.mintpal.com/voting#TEK

you can vote once each hour. lets get it up that list.  Wink

armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:00:01 AM

raskul be pimping out tek xD

raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:01:01 AM

raskul be pimping out tek xD

bought more  Cool small amount, considering a substantial investment in the near future - if the price is right.

gyntas

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:28:50 AM

I got ,, xubuntu,, , any links for this.Thanks Smiley

i think you need to compile it from the source ^

I went through all this on page 34 of this thread, so I may be helpful. Here's the run down:

Build instructions for TEKcoin wallet on Ubuntu 14.04 and derivatives:
-------
Ubuntu has an officially maintained personal package archive (PPA) for Bitcoin wallet. Add this repository by entering these following commands in a terminal window:
  sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
  sudo apt-get update

Required packages:
  sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
  libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options1.54-dev libboost-thread-dev \
  libssl-dev libdb4.8++-dev miniupnpc libminiupnpc-dev

Packages for Qt4 build:
  sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev

Packages for QT5 build:
  sudo apt-get install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools

Download the source files and extract them to a working directory. Navigate to this folder and execute the following commands:
  qmake tekcoin-qt-linux.pro
  make

An executable file named `tekcoin-qt` will be built.

Thanks Smiley
raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:10:12 PM

don't forget, once each hour! vote!

armin22

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:19:12 PM

Good idea to get a TEK multipool?

raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:21:22 PM

not really because it's mineable directly - anyone who wants to obtain TEK via mining, can do it directly.
multipool-ex's are only of use to coins which have ended PoW - you multi-mine other coins to trade for TEK.

armin22

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:22:57 PM

not really because it's mineable directly - anyone who wants to obtain TEK via mining, can do it directly.
multipool-ex's are only of use to coins which have ended PoW - you multi-mine other coins to trade for TEK.

Yes but it might be one of the only sha multipool setups that make sense, since tek forces itself into below bitcon mining profits nearly always

raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:27:57 PM

Yes but it might be one of the only sha multipool setups that make sense, since tek forces itself into below bitcon mining profits nearly always

it would make more sense to setup a scrypt or X11 multipool which mines alts and trades them for TEK, why would I point my SHA rig at a multi to get TEK when I can mine it myself? remember there are fees involved right through the process when you muli-exchange-pool... mining tx fees, trading fees out, trading fees in, sending fees... et al

armin22

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:28:45 PM

it would make more sense to setup a scrypt or X11 multipool which mines alts and trades them for TEK, why would I point my SHA rig at a multi to get TEK when I can mine it myself? remember there are fees involved right through the process when you muli-exchange-pool... mining tx fees, trading fees out, trading fees in, sending fees... et al

Multipool's purpose is to allow all Algo miners to mine different coins, sell and then buy TEK. I never meant it should be limited to TEK.

raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:35:34 PM

Multipool's purpose is to allow all Algo miners to mine different coins, sell and then buy TEK. I never meant it should be limited to TEK.

i understand what you are saying, i think that multipools are all a pretty bad idea.. i've tried them and soon realised that my getting the honour of paying fees right through is foolhardy, most multipool-exchanges don't get enough miners to actually assist with price pumps on any coin, which is what they are all billed to do.
I'm sure you would get miners to mine on it, but most people soon realise that their earnings in TEK would be more by either mining a coin and trading it themselves to buy TEK, or just mining TEK direct - unless of course the multi you are mining on is soaking up all the fees;

1. % fee to mine at the multi
2. % fee to trade mined alt at exchange
3. % fee to trade mined alt to TEK
4. % fee to send TEK to miner from exchange

whereas, If i point my scrypt rig at (examplecoin) and trade it myself for TEK, i've reduced the fees I pay in the process.

armin22

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:38:10 PM

i understand what you are saying, i think that multipools are all a pretty bad idea.. i've tried them and soon realised that my getting the honour of paying fees right through is foolhardy, most multipool-exchanges don't get enough miners to actually assist with price pumps on any coin, which is what they are all billed to do.
I'm sure you would get miners to mine on it, but most people soon realise that their earnings in TEK would be more by either mining a coin and trading it themselves to buy TEK, or just mining TEK direct - unless of course the multi you are mining on is soaking up all the fees;

whereas, If i point my scrypt rig at (examplecoin) and trade it myself for TEK, i've reduced the fees I pay in the process.

Most people won't have free time to do this, and also many algo's profitability changes because of vast number of coins. You are luck enough to have the time and info to figure out profitability of each coin and keep switching, but some people don't have the time and a multipool is a sensible idea.

raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:44:21 PM

Most people won't have free time to do this, and also many algo's profitability changes because of vast number of coins. You are luck enough to have the time and info to figure out profitability of each coin and keep switching, but some people don't have the time and a multipool is a sensible idea.

i'm not so sure.. it takes not much time at all to check coinwarz as to which is the most profitable coin, but.. in saying that it is regular that the coin which a multi points at may be profitable at the point of mining, but when the coin actually gets to the exchange for trading, price can have dropped drastically. I see what you are saying and i'm sure it may be an option for some.. I wouldn't advise making any substantial investment in setting up a multipool however. If Thunder can get a multi running at no cost to himself or the community, then it may be worth something.

armin22

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:44:56 PM

i'm not so sure.. it takes not much time at all to check coinwarz as to which is the most profitable coin, but.. in saying that it is regular that the coin which a multi points at may be profitable at the point of mining, but when the coin actually gets to the exchange for trading, price can have dropped drastically. I see what you are saying and i'm sure it may be an option for some.. I wouldn't advise making any substantial investment in setting up a multipool however. If Thunder can get a multi running at no cost to himself or the community, then it may be worth something.

CoinWarz is useless in my experience, very slow to update diff of any coin, causes losses e.t.c

raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:45:45 PM

CoinWarz is useless in my experience, very slow to update diff of any coin, causes losses e.t.c

which was my exact point. by the time the multi has mined a coin and put it onto an exchange, the price is invariably different to the point it was mined.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: