Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:32:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:48:08 PM

And hell with the basement. If we gotta ride this baby down, I'll take it all the way to   Pellucidar

Where the Sun never sets on Tekcoin?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:50:56 PM

And hell with the basement. If we gotta ride this baby down, I'll take it all the way to   Pellucidar

Where the Sun never sets on Tekcoin?

Nice!

And since it's decentralized, the Mahars probably won't steal it...
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:14:33 PM

Richlist balance is not updating

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
SpiryGolden

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:25:46 AM

Smiley I really hope TEKCoin comes back .  Roll Eyes I do have a feeling who dumped and who are screaming here " Oh and what , why aren't you buying if you don't like the price & help it grow" then for sure you were the dumper that sits and awaits more money to get in market so you can dump on it .

I can see here its a lot of philosphy i helped as much as i can in June with marketing , logo , article made contact with Qiwomen for a chinese translation . For that i got donations from thundertoe & an anonymous user ..not sure who , my guess is PressTab and thanks a lot for that! But if you look at the richlist i am around the range of 100 . From 100 to 1 they are a lot of people that arent contributing to the development of TEKCoin as community ! We all want to make a profit but also pay a % back to community for having that profit .

Phylosophing will not help us . . thanks for your time guys .
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:31:40 AM

Smiley I really hope TEKCoin comes back .  Roll Eyes I do have a feeling who dumped and who are screaming here " Oh and what , why aren't you buying if you don't like the price & help it grow" then for sure you were the dumper that sits and awaits more money to get in market so you can dump on it .

I can see here its a lot of philosphy i helped as much as i can in June with marketing , logo , article made contact with Qiwomen for a chinese translation . For that i got donations from thundertoe & an anonymous user ..not sure who , my guess is PressTab and thanks a lot for that! But if you look at the richlist i am around the range of 100 . From 100 to 1 they are a lot of people that arent contributing to the development of TEKCoin as community ! We all want to make a profit but also pay a % back to community for having that profit .

Phylosophing will not help us . . thanks for your time guys .

We need merchants, and we need things to make us stand out in the crowd. I am working on a couple of things, but it will not come to fruition in a short time. However, there is something else to think about. This coin is very inflationary, and it has reached a point of acceleration. It's not a big deal yet, but at some point it will be. When that happens, the per unit value is likely to drop. There are a few good ways to counter this. Some of them involved the mechanics of the coin, and I won't discuss that at this time. But the biggest one is wide adoption. We need to convince merchants to take TEK and take it PREFERENTIALLY over other forms of currency.

Now, why would they want to do that? I guarantee you that the arguments that work for the trader, miner, and exchange investor will not work for them. I'll revisit this after I hear what the lot of you say. Because I know at least one answer to that question, and if that answer is met, our coin's value will go way UP long before inflation drives it down.
Ense04

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:25:59 AM

Everyone receiving their end of month stakes. Expect dumps for the next few weeks...

As for me, I never dump. I buy them. I sell small amounts. I want the value of this coin to increase.
Mountaineeer

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:30:22 AM

Everyone receiving their end of month stakes. Expect dumps for the next few weeks...

As for me, I never dump. I buy them. I sell small amounts. I want the value of this coin to increase.

Next few weeks? lol its been dumping for a few weeks so does it ever stop? In all seriousness though it would not take a lot of buy pressure to go right back up near 100k...just depends on how anxious people are to dump for quick profits...
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:38:51 AM

Next few weeks? lol its been dumping for a few weeks so does it ever stop? In all seriousness though it would not take a lot of buy pressure to go right back up near 100k...just depends on how anxious people are to dump for quick profits...

SHHH! I need about another two weeks of dumpers to get to my current goal  Grin
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:40:41 PM

We need merchants, and we need things to make us stand out in the crowd. I am working on a couple of things, but it will not come to fruition in a short time. However, there is something else to think about. This coin is very inflationary, and it has reached a point of acceleration. It's not a big deal yet, but at some point it will be. When that happens, the per unit value is likely to drop. There are a few good ways to counter this. Some of them involved the mechanics of the coin, and I won't discuss that at this time. But the biggest one is wide adoption. We need to convince merchants to take TEK and take it PREFERENTIALLY over other forms of currency.

Now, why would they want to do that? I guarantee you that the arguments that work for the trader, miner, and exchange investor will not work for them. I'll revisit this after I hear what the lot of you say. Because I know at least one answer to that question, and if that answer is met, our coin's value will go way UP long before inflation drives it down.

This is all true. If I was a merchant, I would think more people hold BTC thus more potential customers for my effort. Maybe the answer is to lobby more payment processors to handle TEK as well thus making it effortless to accept. Or, ultimately, develop a decentralized payment platform that could process multiple coins and reduce fees and barriers of entry particularly for smaller businesses. For sure if TEK is to attract enough investors to absorb the inflation, it must have utility value.
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:03:33 PM

I think high PoS coins will have their day next ATH on BTC or crypto in general. Think of TEK more as a "savings" coin than a "spending" coin. Once people want to stop play the P+D game, they'll want to find a place to park their money, and I think TEK and other high PoS coins could act like a bond.

By the very nature of the instrument, it has some residual value. If there was something that you could put X oranges in and get 1.4X oranges out, it'd have at least some sort of value, aye?
SpiryGolden

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:21:39 PM

Yes , exactly  there is a lot of DUMP and not at least a 50% rebuy from those dumpers to keep it at a good line . No they dump good and the dumpers are the big bag holders of TEK ........ Smiley I don't want to point out fingers but the direction isnt good .

If you put 1 orange in and get 1.4 back ....buy back 0.2 . Just saying ..... but the dumpers gonna dump and its sad because the dumpers who can dump that much amounts are the big bag holders that have huge amounts and they are just dumping their PURE STAKE and cash in without caring . .
Mountaineeer

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:42:29 PM

Yes , exactly  there is a lot of DUMP and not at least a 50% rebuy from those dumpers to keep it at a good line . No they dump good and the dumpers are the big bag holders of TEK ........ Smiley I don't want to point out fingers but the direction isnt good .

If you put 1 orange in and get 1.4 back ....buy back 0.2 . Just saying ..... but the dumpers gonna dump and its sad because the dumpers who can dump that much amounts are the big bag holders that have huge amounts and they are just dumping their PURE STAKE and cash in without caring . .

Well if they keep doing that without some catalyst for new investors eventually their principal will be nearly worthless at some point. Maybe they ROI'd long ago and just don't care but its pretty stupid to kill the market when they could maximize profits by either supporting or at least letting the market recover from profit taking.
walkdev

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:09:36 PM

Well if they keep doing that without some catalyst for new investors eventually their principal will be nearly worthless at some point. Maybe they ROI'd long ago and just don't care but its pretty stupid to kill the market when they could maximize profits by either supporting or at least letting the market recover from profit taking.

Exactly... So what can the average investor do to help maintain the price? When it comes to releasing some coins into the marketplace, I sure as heck don't plan to dump them all in one go, and I don't understand those that do - trickle feed and surely the market will catch up... But other than that, what can the average Joe do to help?
sneakgeekz

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:29:13 AM

I dont understand why TEK is not on Bittrex? They list every scam crap coin (and some good ones) that come out.

Is it because of low volume or am I missing something?
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:43:58 AM

TEK at one point had $7k daily volume. If that had been sustained, 30-60 people could be living pretty comfortably on selling stake alone a month. I don't think it will take much to have that sort of continuous demand in place again, especially if the interest in crypto in general rises.

I remember when I first got into crypto around November and liking both TEK and HBN especially, so I know that a certain percentage of noobs will be looking for the same things I was.

Main thing is we need to have people who can live with not getting money that day. Like wasn't there a dude on here who dumped 5k TEK to pay bills or something? Spread that over a week, don't just kill buy walls. Better yet, do an OTC deal or something like that.
Ense04

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:49:09 AM

TEK at one point had $7k daily volume. If that had been sustained, 30-60 people could be living pretty comfortably on selling stake alone a month. I don't think it will take much to have that sort of continuous demand in place again, especially if the interest in crypto in general rises.

I remember when I first got into crypto around November and liking both TEK and HBN especially, so I know that a certain percentage of noobs will be looking for the same things I was.

Main thing is we need to have people who can live with not getting money that day. Like wasn't there a dude on here who dumped 5k TEK to pay bills or something? Spread that over a week, don't just kill buy walls. Better yet, do an OTC deal or something like that.

Yeah, the guys name was Raskul...
walkdev

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:36:05 AM

Yep, the price was in the 50's at the time, I think.. Or at least the late 40's... As the saying goes, only invest what you can afford to lose. We're all in this together, and we gotta look after the coin - because if we do, I'm sure that it's gonna help look after us, which is half the aim of a PoS coin, isn't it...?

I'd love to be able to help in some way with the promotion of TEK... The only thing I can offer in trade though is my band's CD and t-shirts!
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:51:25 AM

Lot of coins are taking a beating lately even BTC has dropped in price.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
sneakgeekz

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:30:56 PM

Yeah, the guys name was Raskul...

Yeah he probably dumped alot more than that.
I got off his pool after a month because my 1ths was never getting anywhere near the projected earnings indicated on the statistics page.
aaronllewellyn

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:39:51 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2014, 07:12:49 AM by aaronllewellyn

What do you guys think is going on we're going to be sub .00020000 soon. who the he11 dumped 10,000 flapping coins!? -(cryptsy)

What?

every time the price rises, someone is dumping thousands of coins at once on cryptsy... otherwise it would go up and up and up! it's one single person manipulating the value of TEK. :C.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: