Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:14:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446018 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 01:19:03 PM

need an answer ,199 tekcoin weight is 600 , can i stake with this?

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:23:12 PM

is there minimum amount to stake ?..
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:26:03 PM

Thundertoe has a hard time getting people to compile the windows wallets, and both of the current ones were compiled by volunteers. Again, both known to me. Presstab, while an excitable guy, is beyond reproach. Argakiig is also a good guy. I'm as certain as I can be that they would not put anything deliberately malicious in the code. But as you noted, you don't personally know me, and that's simply not good enough. Which is why I want to learn how to compile windows wallets and post up a guide for it. If you compile it yourself, you KNOW what's in it. It's not as convenient, but it's safer. And I'm starting to ramble, so I'll hang it up here.

Biomech, your posts are always an inspiration. In fact, your posts are what drew me to TEK in the first place. In that vein - would you consider posting a BTC addy that people can donate to if they want, for the purpose of funding compiles (and perhaps related Dev work). A TEK addy would not work under the present circumstances because some of us cannot use our TEK wallets. I will be glad to donate something if it would help break the present stalemate. I hope that you might either act to hold funds in escrow and farm out the tasks or do them yourself if the compensation donations make it viable - earn while you learn.      Wink
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:34:50 PM

Thundertoe has a hard time getting people to compile the windows wallets, and both of the current ones were compiled by volunteers. Again, both known to me. Presstab, while an excitable guy, is beyond reproach. Argakiig is also a good guy. I'm as certain as I can be that they would not put anything deliberately malicious in the code. But as you noted, you don't personally know me, and that's simply not good enough. Which is why I want to learn how to compile windows wallets and post up a guide for it. If you compile it yourself, you KNOW what's in it. It's not as convenient, but it's safer. And I'm starting to ramble, so I'll hang it up here.

Biomech, your posts are always an inspiration. In fact, your posts are what drew me to TEK in the first place. In that vein - would you consider posting a BTC addy that people can donate to if they want, for the purpose of funding compiles (and perhaps related Dev work). A TEK addy would not work under the present circumstances because some of us cannot use our TEK wallets. I will be glad to donate something if it would help break the present stalemate. I hope that you might either act to hold funds in escrow and farm out the tasks or do them yourself if the compensation donations make it viable - earn while you learn.      Wink

I can't give you a solid answer right now, due to other obligations. But I will strongly consider this, and talk it over with you and other community members sometime early next week. Right now I'm against a deadline in my job, and simply don't have time. But that's short term, and I've been a TEK head almost since it began, though I made a lot of mistakes early on Tongue

If I do it, it will be a completely separate wallet, with a pretty serious plan behind it. I don't want to start something I can't finish and leave myself and looking foolish and cost money for others.

Thanks for the kind words. You're a pretty harsh critic, so that means a lot to me.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:39:23 PM

Thundertoe has a hard time getting people to compile the windows wallets, and both of the current ones were compiled by volunteers. Again, both known to me. Presstab, while an excitable guy, is beyond reproach. Argakiig is also a good guy. I'm as certain as I can be that they would not put anything deliberately malicious in the code.

Not to flog a dead horse, but here is one potential source of trouble: trusted techie codes a call to a couple of routine functions in a package that happens to contain malware. It can (and does) happen all the time.
In the present case, it is more likely to be: trusted techie codes a call to a couple of routine functions in a package that happens to trigger false positives in many AV programs. That happens all the time too.

Easily fixed, either way, but not by the end-users.
m33
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 01:56:06 PM

have been try for 2 days but the 199 tek wont stake !
is there a min amount required??

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Bullion MarketPlace

Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:10:06 PM

No, there isn't. I've staked on a fraction of a coin. But sometimes it takes several days once mature.
m33
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 02:11:20 PM

No, there isn't. I've staked on a fraction of a coin. But sometimes it takes several days once mature.

Thnks biomech

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Bullion MarketPlace

Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:03:48 AM

i just minted a block, 20% pos diff looks like .00098, not 40% but less mintage is likely to pull off some of the pressure on the sell side of the market and allow price to rise.
Ense04

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:08:34 PM

Just staked a block @ .000837. Roughly 21%  Sad
m33
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 04:34:06 PM

i just minted a block, 20% pos diff looks like .00098, not 40% but less mintage is likely to pull off some of the pressure on the sell side of the market and allow price to rise.

dun thinks so ppl will just dump what they stake to switch for hyp since perceent is same now .only hyp is nine days not 30

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Bullion MarketPlace

Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:48:45 PM

dun thinks so ppl will just dump what they stake to switch for hyp since perceent is same now .only hyp is nine days not 30

I"m very much into both coins. Each has different character and strength. TEK is a hybrid, and HYP is not, so I think that Tek will continue to perform well even while the bumps get sorted on the PoS side. Because it is still a viable currency even if the PoS side of the chain gets frozen. We saw that with the recent problems. Up until the hard fork (where thngs got screwy for a few days), Tek was still tradeable without issue because the PoW side of the chain had no issues.

HYP on the other hand is fubar if the chain freezes. Not that I think that likely, since presstab loves his child, but it does present the difference in the scenarios. Both coins are very cool, and I will continue to support both.

I do think that the POS payout problems need to be fixed to where it used to be again. Or at least close. And it's being looked into. What we don't want, and I think in this I can speak for everyone pretty safely, is another debacle like the last fork. While it got resolved quickly, it did NOT work well out of the gate. I heard a figure of like 40+ chains for a day or two Tongue

So for now, it works, just a bit unstable. I figure that Thundertoe and friends should take their time, get it solid, test it for a good while, and THEN fork it. In the meantime, the slowdown in POS makes the coin potentially more valuable as it is more rare. It also extends the time where inflation will become an issue. I consider it growing pains. TEK has always been kind of a low profile coin, and yet it has stood the test of time. It's still here, it's still actively traded, and it's price is pretty decent.

Right now, I'd be more worried about merchant adoption and other things that would break it away from being just a trade coin. Then, once the technical issues are worked through, it will be significantly more valuable.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:54:23 PM

is that like all the hbn and cap holders, and nvc and ppc etc holders all dumped to trade in for higher rate coins?
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:24:05 PM

So I've been letting a th sit on TEK and I'm getting around what would be expected from a half mil diff... and my PoS is following that diff pretty closely... I'd say it's definitely not a 40% coin anymore but I also think that might not be a bad thing...

May want to wait to see how things settle out over another month before even thinking about another fork...  just my opinion.

This space not for rent...
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:38:42 PM

I"m very much into both coins. Each has different character and strength. TEK is a hybrid, and HYP is not, so I think that Tek will continue to perform well even while the bumps get sorted on the PoS side. Because it is still a viable currency even if the PoS side of the chain gets frozen. We saw that with the recent problems. Up until the hard fork (where thngs got screwy for a few days), Tek was still tradeable without issue because the PoW side of the chain had no issues.

HYP on the other hand is fubar if the chain freezes. Not that I think that likely, since presstab loves his child, but it does present the difference in the scenarios. Both coins are very cool, and I will continue to support both.

I do think that the POS payout problems need to be fixed to where it used to be again. Or at least close. And it's being looked into. What we don't want, and I think in this I can speak for everyone pretty safely, is another debacle like the last fork. While it got resolved quickly, it did NOT work well out of the gate. I heard a figure of like 40+ chains for a day or two Tongue

So for now, it works, just a bit unstable. I figure that Thundertoe and friends should take their time, get it solid, test it for a good while, and THEN fork it. In the meantime, the slowdown in POS makes the coin potentially more valuable as it is more rare. It also extends the time where inflation will become an issue. I consider it growing pains. TEK has always been kind of a low profile coin, and yet it has stood the test of time. It's still here, it's still actively traded, and it's price is pretty decent.

Right now, I'd be more worried about merchant adoption and other things that would break it away from being just a trade coin. Then, once the technical issues are worked through, it will be significantly more valuable.

If a chain freeze were to happen to HYP it would not be a big deal. Would just issue a rollback to the block before the freeze and thats that. Would probably only take a few minutes to fix. In all honestly, TEK could have and should have done this.  HYP also has code that prevents TW problems that TEK just had.  For example it only allows a block from 10 minutes in the future/past, where TEK still allows 120 minutes. This is something that should be investigated/changed if there is another fork for TEK.

And honestly, I don't think categorizing TEK vs HYP is correct. They are totally different coins. TEK is an SHA PoW/PoS coin that has high rate PoS and uses NVCS as an inflation control method.  HYP is PoS only without NVCS.  Really the only thing they have in common is the relatively high rate.  TEK has a 30 day maturity period compared to HYP's 9 day, which means you can't cash out as fast, but also provides the benefit of limiting supply on the exchange.  I think that investors/holders should not make a decision between the two, but probably hold both because they both have their benefits in specific areas.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:08:06 AM

today my stake block minted at .000684 and paid 22.5%
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:27:03 AM

~23% with a block that staked today.

This space not for rent...
m33
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 03:55:16 PM

most people dont see the fine print , just the bottom line , how many days , at what rate.
this is the reason why hyp will do better than tek .
but i still love both the coins. never keep all your eggs same basket
this is the other reason why some will still hold on to tek

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Bullion MarketPlace

Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:14:26 PM

If a chain freeze were to happen to HYP it would not be a big deal. Would just issue a rollback to the block before the freeze and thats that. Would probably only take a few minutes to fix. In all honestly, TEK could have and should have done this.  HYP also has code that prevents TW problems that TEK just had.  For example it only allows a block from 10 minutes in the future/past, where TEK still allows 120 minutes. This is something that should be investigated/changed if there is another fork for TEK.
I thought that had been changed. I really need to get up to speed on coding Cheesy It's also good to know that HYP has solid measures in place. I rereading my post, it looks a bit more cautionary than I intended, just meant a comparison of strengths and weaknesses.

And honestly, I don't think categorizing TEK vs HYP is correct. They are totally different coins. TEK is an SHA PoW/PoS coin that has high rate PoS and uses NVCS as an inflation control method.  HYP is PoS only without NVCS.  Really the only thing they have in common is the relatively high rate.  TEK has a 30 day maturity period compared to HYP's 9 day, which means you can't cash out as fast, but also provides the benefit of limiting supply on the exchange.  I think that investors/holders should not make a decision between the two, but probably hold both because they both have their benefits in specific areas.

..and that's precisely what I was getting at. They are very different coins. Both very cool, and coming from a similar background. TEK has been around quite a while and is a tough bastard. HYP has been trouble free almost from the beginning. I hold both and will continue to do so. These are MY primary coins.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:00:10 PM

most people dont see the fine print , just the bottom line , how many days , at what rate.
this is the reason why hyp will do better than tek .
but i still love both the coins. never keep all your eggs same basket
this is the other reason why some will still hold on to tek

Cent paid 1000% in 10 days, its not doing so hot. Sooner or later this more is better logic breaks down i think.

Today i minted 24% a little more than the day before, i am happy with that, and i suspect it will get higher each day past the bulk of the hardfork stake rollover date we just passed again.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: