Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:45:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:47:19 PM

I will get to it, hopefully in the next couple of days. My apologies, but I have to feed my family ahead of this.

Let them eat cake!

Seriously - what's a few more days here or there - I am too old to be in a hurry about anything. Don't burn out.             Wink
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:08:14 PM

I will get to it, hopefully in the next couple of days. My apologies, but I have to feed my family ahead of this.

Let them eat cake!

Seriously - what's a few more days here or there - I am too old to be in a hurry about anything. Don't burn out.             Wink
wanted to update that i hadn't forgot about you and this issue, though i have to go by what others say really i am no expert i did speak with flubber about it and his reasoning about possible causes. This is some info i can pass along at least.

There is slight difference in the way tek has irc.cpp and irc.h, other wallets do not have it separated so therefore a possible false positive as the av tags the ircseed as a kinda virus. The old build was non-static also so that could be why it didn't flag. Visrustotal updates with definitions though and could maybe flag older now too.

Grabbing a compile of the old source hopefully will not flag now, but it might. If BioMech pulls it off i will shoot him some bounty too for sure. I have found some better instructions than the last time i tried, ill pass them along and probably take a few cracks at it soon myself.

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:57:14 PM

-- encouraging stuff --

Good to see - thanks! I just got some cheap TEK from an old half-forgotten lowball buy order on Cryptsy, so I'm still in the game - sorta. Ironically I'll have to leave it on the exchange if I want any control over it until the Windows wallet thing gets sorted out. Meanwhile, the BTC sky is falling (commodities also, I hear) so that distraction will keep many of us busy for a while, I imagine.         
aSmallChild666

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:40:46 PM

Currently staking 2737 TEK at 37.51% after 32 days at Difficulty ~0.000112.
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:32:06 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 10:49:22 AM by gnargnar

hi,

why i'm not able to fully download the blockchain?
i've downloaded the windows-qt fix version. not using a conf file. it always stuck at around 94-96%.
i tried to run it with the -rescan command, i tried to delete everything in the roaming and restart, even looked thru all the pages to get some info for a .conf file... but still can't sync.
been on this for 3 days now. what's the trick ?

edit :
i"m stucked at block 538808 (of 579771) 92.93% done.
Last received block was generated 25 seconds ago...

?!?  Huh

zeewolf

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

In dreamland; he awaits you.

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 03:54:15 PM

Right now @diff 0.00009240 I had two stakes, after 38.7 days gives me 47.87%, so ~37% per 30 days, not bad.

holepunch

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:05:30 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 06:30:27 PM by holepunch

problem is you are assuming the price/TEK stays the same, this aint gonna happen. The price /TEK is gonna go down the more TEK are minted. No way is $100 going to be worth $2000+ after a year

you miss the point entirely, its a comparison to CAP, of course it assumes prices are stable, and history over the last year proves your theory of prices wrong.

Ok thats fine, i have around 20k TEK currently worth 2.3 bitcoins ($662 at top buy price), in 12 months time i should have around 466000 TEK coins with a 53.6 bitcoin value($15,437) Smiley sure hope so

how is the stake rate gonna taper down once large amounts of coins start staking?

Following on from this, current Tek amount minted = ~2,554,000 current market cap 306.4 bitcoins or $107,881
12 months at 30% stake total TEK coins ~59,502,866
60 million coins x  0.00012/TEK(current buy price) = market cap of 7200 bitcoin or $2,534,400.00
i think my sums are correct:)

assuming price/TEK and bitcoin/USD stays in the same ballpark and 30% stake stays constant (stake rate will reduce over time as it has since launch 50% originally) Wink

as an investor in TEK and hopefully for the benefit of other TEK coin holders

1. original question-how is the stake rate gonna taper down once large amounts of coins start staking?

2. is there a plan/roadmap for features etc for TEKcoin

so i guess the next question should be

3.where is the added value in TEK coin coming from to sustain the above growth in market cap of the coin?(as Thundertoe states "history over the last year proves your theory of prices wrong" which implies that price/TEK will not change fundamentally) TEK coin is not worth $2 million market cap just because it is there/exists

anyone care to answer the above questions for us?
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:07:48 PM

problem is you are assuming the price/TEK stays the same, this aint gonna happen. The price /TEK is gonna go down the more TEK are minted. No way is $100 going to be worth $2000+ after a year

you miss the point entirely, its a comparison to CAP, of course it assumes prices are stable, and history over the last year proves your theory of prices wrong.

Ok thats fine, i have around 20k TEK currently worth 2.3 bitcoins ($662 at top buy price), in 12 months time i should have around 466000 TEK coins with a 53.6 bitcoin value($15,437) Smiley sure hope so

how is the stake rate gonna taper down once large amounts of coins start staking?

Following on from this, current Tek amount minted = ~2,554,000 current market cap 306.4 bitcoins or $107,881
12 months at 30% stake total TEK coins ~59,502,866
60 million coins x  0.00012/TEK(current buy price) = market cap of 7200 bitcoin or $2,534,400.00
i think my sums are correct:)

assuming price/TEK and bitcoin/USD stays in the same ballpark and 30% stake stays constant (stake rate will reduce over time as it has since launch 50% originally) Wink

as an investor in TEK and hopefully for the benefit of other TEK coin holders

1. original question-how is the stake rate gonna taper down once large amounts of coins start staking?

2. is there a plan/roadmap for features etc for TEKcoin

so i guess the next question should be

3.where is the added value in TEK coin coming from to sustain the above growth in market cap of the coin?(as Thundertoe states "history over the last year proves your theory of prices wrong" which implies that price/TEK will not change fundamentally) TEK coin is not worth $2 million market cap just because it is there/exists

anyone care to answer the above questions for us?

1) already been answered in the code... one acronym... NVCS

Your other two are variables that I don't have in my equations yet so I'm not sure.

This space not for rent...
gnargnar
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:03:51 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 09:14:40 PM by gnargnar

hi,

why i'm not able to fully download the blockchain?
i've downloaded the windows-qt fix version. not using a conf file. it always stuck at around 94-96%.
i tried to run it with the -rescan command, i tried to delete everything in the roaming and restart, even looked thru all the pages to get some info for a .conf file... but still can't sync.
been on this for 3 days now. what's the trick ?

edit :
i"m stucked at block 538808 (of 579771) 92.93% done.
Last received block was generated 25 seconds ago...

?!?  Huh

ok ok .. thanks for helping me.

my windows wallet says i'm up-to-date, sync'ed...
a getinfo gives me : blocks 539353
and based on tek.blockx.info/get/chain/TekCoin, the current block height is : 580560

??  tell me what, why, how to.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:44:57 PM

drop into the tekcoin irc channel at ##tekcoin for some live chat about crypto, tekcoin, or whatever.
Ense04

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:39:52 AM

So...is there anything is the works right now that might bring some excitement or potential new investment to this coin? In reading back through previous posts, I know that things are in the works, but I haven't seen any clear direction or gameplan in place. Who is the active developer on this? Meaning, who is the person who is able to modify the code, update the wallet, etc? Not some middleman working out deals to get things done.

One thing I really like about Hyperstake, HBN, and CAP is that Presstab, Tranz, and David are VERY active in the development and community. Questions are asked, and those questions are quickly answered. Here at Tek, questions are asked and the answers are (sort of) given by community members, usually with responses like " I spoke to someone who's working the issue and I should know something soon" etc etc.

So I ask, who is in charge exactly? I've been with Tek for 6 months now and I still don't quite understand who is actually in charge of the health and sustainability of the coin? I get the developer cant control of the success or profit of a coin, but one thing i've learned in altcoin trading is that active development attracts new investment. So, whomever is in charge, please provide clear guidance and new innovation to help spring this amazing coin back to life. If we keep with the status quo, we might as well move on because this ship has too many holes in it to stay afloat.

Just my two cents. 
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:34:26 AM

So...is there anything is the works right now that might bring some excitement or potential new investment to this coin? In reading back through previous posts, I know that things are in the works, but I haven't seen any clear direction or gameplan in place. Who is the active developer on this? Meaning, who is the person who is able to modify the code, update the wallet, etc? Not some middleman working out deals to get things done.

One thing I really like about Hyperstake, HBN, and CAP is that Presstab, Tranz, and David are VERY active in the development and community. Questions are asked, and those questions are quickly answered. Here at Tek, questions are asked and the answers are (sort of) given by community members, usually with responses like " I spoke to someone who's working the issue and I should know something soon" etc etc.

So I ask, who is in charge exactly? I've been with Tek for 6 months now and I still don't quite understand who is actually in charge of the health and sustainability of the coin? I get the developer cant control of the success or profit of a coin, but one thing i've learned in altcoin trading is that active development attracts new investment. So, whomever is in charge, please provide clear guidance and new innovation to help spring this amazing coin back to life. If we keep with the status quo, we might as well move on because this ship has too many holes in it to stay afloat.

Just my two cents. 

Thinnk its biomeck as dev. Seems very busy he says.
Thundertoe is the dev, creator of the coin. I'm probably the biggest cheerleader, and He and I have batted around the idea of me taking the wheel. But I'd be more of a project manager as my coding skills are, well, atrocious. Most of the time the behind the scenes development is done by various friends and colleagues of Thundertoe, sometimes for bounty and sometimes just because they're tekheads. I have no official position in the development process aside from a love of the coin and being friends with the guys who do the work.

My real job is working for Incryptex, a soon to launch exchange with huge ambitions. And yes, I'm extremely busy and likely to get busier. But I love TEK and HYP and FIRE, so I keep up with 'em as best I can.
gnargnar
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:46:41 AM

Just to report here that i was having a hard time sync'ing my windows wallet,
but just by going to the irc ##tekcoin , both thundertoe and Trololoh helped me get this sorted. Wink

All is fine now, wallet in sync and gonna move few k's of TEK right in my wallet for staking!  
yep... those tek are out the market for good lol  Cheesy

gribgo

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:35:52 AM

Just my two cents. 

well //I think of tekcoin as the alternative to hardware miners// as is mints predictable amount of coins in 30 days. no electricity waste and no waiting time to get your machine + you can invest small amount no need in 10000$ to get the hardware

gribgo

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:44:22 AM

Just my two cents.  

well //I think of tekcoin as the alternative to hardware miners// as is mints predictable amount of coins in 30 days. no electricity waste and no waiting time to get your machine + you can invest small amount no need in 10000$ to get the hardware

That was my thought too, but the price/volume isn't good enough to support even *one* $10k TEK investor looking to use it instead of a miner. Volume needs to get a little higher. Price needs to stabilize. People were paying 127k+ sat for TEK near the end of June. Quite a loss for them atm Sad

I shall say that dedicated TEK paying multipool is a must for the coin to have, the multipool will open BUY orders at api-enabled exchanges lets say every hour at the last market price - and that will provide more trading volume and good for the price too. And if we have community members willing to support the TEKcoin can proove it by putting as much hashing power as they can.. so it will work as direct HASPOWER = VALUE connection!
We need this multipool now and this multipool needs you fo TEKcoin! G

Also we need to put this POS difficulty staking trigger to the next version of the wallet!

thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:08:19 PM

That was my thought too, but the price/volume isn't good enough to support even *one* $10k TEK investor looking to use it instead of a miner. Volume needs to get a little higher. Price needs to stabilize. People were paying 127k+ sat for TEK near the end of June. Quite a loss for them atm Sad
[/quote]

i don't see any of the high pos coins being able to sustain current price and absorb that dump, interesting how you choose to only point your finger at that issue on TEK not your "favorites". Buy low sell high, this is a high risk game trade accordingly.
holepunch

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:03:50 PM

Unfortunately all these high POS coins are marketed the same way, if you invest x amount of dollars into the coin you will receive x% of stake/month giving you x amount of dollars after stake when in reality all you are guaranteed are additional coins, without coin development market cap of coin will probably not rise in any sustainable way, Its misleading at best !

Don't think a multipool is a good idea either, if a multipool is more profitable that directly mining TEK, who is gonna mine TEK?
holepunch

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:42:19 PM

Don't get me wrong, i love TEK, and i look forward to receiving my monthly stake but things seem to have ground to a halt with regard to coin development and i am not too keen being a daytraders plaything Tongue
I think i have a quite powerful TEK stake "miner" and don't intend to sell a majority of my staked coins anytime soon, i just think its right that any new investors (or existing investors) should see these high POS coins for what they are and they should not expect to receive a high percentage return on their $ investment every month as some of the statements on here imply. Perhaps (TEKcoin Superstake - High % coin holding increase in 30+ days) would be a better description Smiley
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:40:43 PM

Unfortunately all these high POS coins are marketed the same way, if you invest x amount of dollars into the coin you will receive x% of stake/month giving you x amount of dollars after stake when in reality all you are guaranteed are additional coins, without coin development market cap of coin will probably not rise in any sustainable way, Its misleading at best !

Don't think a multipool is a good idea either, if a multipool is more profitable that directly mining TEK, who is gonna mine TEK?

I agree with that. And actually based part of my interview with bitcoinist.net on that very issue.

5.       What do you say to people that read this as “multiply profits by 7.5x in a year”?

The value gained from staking HYP needs to be considered a bit differently from the average coin. In a way, HYP’s stake rate is not 750%, it is a number that is decided by the market.  This number equals the cost you bought HYP for in BTC compared to the amount you are able to sell your HYP for after accounting for your staking.

Currently, if you bought in at our launch and have staked, the market has decided that this is close to a 1000% value gain (at the current market price). But if you were to buy at the top of a market wave, you could in fact lose some value if you do not compound your stake for a few months.

Focusing on gaining value through stake is something we try to avoid within our community, and instead we really try hard to make the focus of HyperStake to be about the coin and wallet technology, and of course our community too. The market exchange rate should not be the main focus of any coin, and if it is then something is wrong.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:24:11 PM

I have bought and mined a lot of Tek Coin and now it generates a great steady income for me every day. Even at the low price it generates good income. I usually by a lot when the price is low like this. People will eventually turn to high POS coins as mining is becoming harder and harder to do. The smart play is too buy low and trickle sell when it is high.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: