Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:49:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥🔥🔥 [ANN][ICO] BITFENCE - REMOVE HACKERS FROM YOUR NETWORK  (Read 30000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 02:53:07 PM

Anything we say about price is just guessing lol I know a company that sells a box that’s a raspberry pi inside to manage some hardware at my job and it’s 950$ so just because it’s a pi doesn’t mean we can begin to guess at price as it’s really up to company how much they price it at as real hardware price doesn’t always impact final product costs

But given the industry I’d imagine they would try to keep it low and accessible
gee777

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 02:55:08 PM

Bitfence has updated on twitter about their device. Bitfence introduces "proof-of-threat" mining. Electricity costs to run for a whole year is $14.

https://twitter.com/BitFence_/status/1008931766340644864?s=19

thanks for sharing, again twitter doesn't show me all new Tweets.
That is really interesting, 14$ a year is nearly nothing. i like that

and there is a picture of the stingminer, in near future i have my own at home:-)

That is pretty awesome! Some miners cost thousands of dollars to run. To see Bitfence offering a far cheaper and more unique way of 'mining' tokens should help the team be very successful with it's sales.

Would have been a huge breakthrough if other coin could be mined on this platform or using this method. It really would have help save on electricity bills pay and powered consumed.

Yeah, perhaps maybe bitfence will consider this in the near future. I'm excited about the StingMiner and to think one will pay $14 yearly is amazing.

I don't know if that will be possible especially for rain being that most of the top Cryptocurrencies run on their own chain. We'll am just talking  base on the limit of my knowledge though. Someone who knows better may say otherwise

I don't think that is possible. I don't know why bitfence mining is cheap maybe, it's because of some partnership or because the sting miner is a small device that won't consume too much energy and can work on low power. But mining other currencies will surely take up energy and computer resources.

The Stingminer is a RaspberryPi that does not need a lot of energy. That's why the annual costs are so low. Now the only question is, how much will a Stingminer cost?

A good question, I wonder - I know the subscription was $14 right? I imagine the stingminer wont be much due to it's size and raspberry pi's don't cost much at all as there is minimal hardware involved

There's no cost for the software, you can download it for free. They've said they'll be doing hardware versions of the Pi, or simply a SD card, so I imagine they'll be the same price as that hardware normally costs. ($20-40)

If that is the case you can have it run on virtual box then; dedicated to run the miner. that is their unique selling point is the ability to use low end machines to join in the mining process.

As I understood you guys think that raspberry pi's cost will be around 20-40 USD? But what about stingminer? How much it will cost?

I don't think it will be in that range as i feel it is too low. I am expecting it to be around 100 usd for the sting miner.
RyCriptoC

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:18:09 PM

Bitfence has updated on twitter about their device. Bitfence introduces "proof-of-threat" mining. Electricity costs to run for a whole year is $14.

and there is a picture of the stingminer, in near future i have my own at home:-)

That is pretty awesome! Some miners cost thousands of dollars to run. To see Bitfence offering a far cheaper and more unique way of 'mining' tokens should help the team be very successful with it's sales.

Would have been a huge breakthrough if other coin could be mined on this platform or using this method. It really would have help save on electricity bills pay and powered consumed.

Yeah, perhaps maybe bitfence will consider this in the near future. I'm excited about the StingMiner and to think one will pay $14 yearly is amazing.

I don't know if that will be possible especially for rain being that most of the top Cryptocurrencies run on their own chain. We'll am just talking  base on the limit of my knowledge though. Someone who knows better may say otherwise

I don't think that is possible. I don't know why bitfence mining is cheap maybe, it's because of some partnership or because the sting miner is a small device that won't consume too much energy and can work on low power. But mining other currencies will surely take up energy and computer resources.

The Stingminer is a RaspberryPi that does not need a lot of energy. That's why the annual costs are so low. Now the only question is, how much will a Stingminer cost?

A good question, I wonder - I know the subscription was $14 right? I imagine the stingminer wont be much due to it's size and raspberry pi's don't cost much at all as there is minimal hardware involved

There's no cost for the software, you can download it for free. They've said they'll be doing hardware versions of the Pi, or simply a SD card, so I imagine they'll be the same price as that hardware normally costs. ($20-40)

If that is the case you can have it run on virtual box then; dedicated to run the miner. that is their unique selling point is the ability to use low end machines to join in the mining process.

As I understood you guys think that raspberry pi's cost will be around 20-40 USD? But what about stingminer? How much it will cost?

I don't think it will be in that range as i feel it is too low. I am expecting it to be around 100 usd for the sting miner.

That's what I am also expecting. Stingminer price will be in three digits. The device is developed to catch hackers and its required continuous updates from BitFence.
Ace44

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:35:49 PM

I don't see why they would do this. The whole point of HNY tokens is so you can use them to purchase subscriptions and earn tokens using a VERY small bit of kit.  It would take you years to even mine $1 of BTC with a Rasperrypi, it's just not made for that.

You're right, i mean the main reason for this project is to actually create value for their token and not to do such for other tokens, so their prime objective will be to create avenues for implementing such process, they may choose to diversity or accommodate other tokens in the future but for now, HNY token is all that matters most
1996Steve

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:47:47 PM

I believe it's a great project!
Absorbing website, noticing business!  Good luck devs.
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:14:27 PM

If we could get the sting miner for such a good price, they should sell  many of them. I think it is a fair price and your network become more secure.
Yeah you can earn that back pretty fast in NHY Tokens too so it is a win win situation is there a limit to the stingminers? how many are they going to make?
faulerwilli

Activity: 994
Merit: 140

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:23:07 PM

If we could get the sting miner for such a good price, they should sell  many of them. I think it is a fair price and your network become more secure.
Yeah you can earn that back pretty fast in NHY Tokens too so it is a win win situation is there a limit to the stingminers? how many are they going to make?

The only limit is one stingminer per IP address
As someone said earlier, the software is free, so we have the costs for the RaspberryPi and the energy through the mining certainly earned quickly. and incidentally caught a few hackers :-)
Alnacpoijoa

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:37:59 PM

The business will be useful! Seamless vision, cognitive website.
Anilbg

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 05:14:50 PM

As someone said earlier, the software is free, so we have the costs for the RaspberryPi and the energy through the mining certainly earned quickly. and incidentally caught a few hackers :-)

BitFence team is targeting individual users, so the price will be not much for stingminer. And it will give chance to earn money as well. Project is very well planned and it will be successful.
JeffreyEs

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:29:36 PM

I wish this idea will be prosperous.
Percipient website, interesting job, really great approach.
Owillz

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:45:58 PM

That's pretty low price for something of such capability. I am now beginning to think the designers/developers from the on set gave huge priority to cost. That's really cool.
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:19:19 PM

That's pretty low price for something of such capability. I am now beginning to think the designers/developers from the on set gave huge priority to cost. That's really cool.

The cheap price will definitely attract investors, and users. I am sure that more people want to mine cheap, and to earn some tokens. Bitfence will surely help them.

cryptossi

Activity: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:31:26 PM

Interesting idea, I think it would very complicated for Bitfence to implement that somehow, but it’s food for thought for the team potentially.

If they add in the future then nearly everybody will be interested in it. People are nowadays searching for miners who are very cheap. They should think about it and discuss it maybe with the team.

Yeah I agree but I don’t know if this is what Bitfence want to be known for. They want to provide a new solution for users to protect themselves from malware and attacks.

Ace44

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:16:53 PM

I don't see this as a limit because it will help reduce the issue of misuse by individuals in the community, fraudulent individuals who intend to create multiple IPs to manipulate the product for there selfish needs but with the IP limitation such issue will not arise and they will create a form of equality among users of bitfence
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:20:41 PM

Interesting idea, I think it would very complicated for Bitfence to implement that somehow, but it’s food for thought for the team potentially.

If they add in the future then nearly everybody will be interested in it. People are nowadays searching for miners who are very cheap. They should think about it and discuss it maybe with the team.

Yeah I agree but I don’t know if this is what Bitfence want to be known for. They want to provide a new solution for users to protect themselves from malware and attacks.

it simply won't work.  The stingminer is designed to run the software on a lite piece of hardware, adding mining onto a Raspberry pi will consume all the CPU, meaning there is no resources available for the stingminer to do is primary job of fingerprinting hackers.  Cryptossi is right, this is nothing to do with the Bitfence project.

Nathan01

Activity: 728

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 09:05:33 PM

Anything we say about price is just guessing lol I know a company that sells a box that’s a raspberry pi inside to manage some hardware at my job and it’s 950$ so just because it’s a pi doesn’t mean we can begin to guess at price as it’s really up to company how much they price it at as real hardware price doesn’t always impact final product costs

You know I was begin to wonder as to how we arrive at 20-40$ as no information is from the Bitfence team as at the time of typing this lol... It's still pure stipulations let see upon main launch how much it's going to do for

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:09:51 PM

You know I was begin to wonder as to how we arrive at 20-40$ as no information is from the Bitfence team as at the time of typing this lol... It's still pure stipulations let see upon main launch how much it's going to do for

Their whitepaper confirms it's free to download:

'BitFence software will be available to download as freeware.'

Source: https://bitfence.io/data/BitFenceWP-EN-1.6b.pdf  

They will not be selling something they are giving away for $900, they also say that they are selling SD cards with it preloaded, this might be like $5 over what a standard one costs, but their goal is to get as many of these miners globally as possible, their money will come from selling the fingerprints as definitions to other companies, and as part of the subscriptions.
phantam

Activity: 546

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 09:13:32 PM

Their whitepaper confirms it's free to download:

'BitFence software will be available to download as freeware.'

Source: https://bitfence.io/data/BitFenceWP-EN-1.6b.pdf  

They will not be selling something they are giving away for $900, they also say that they are selling SD cards with it preloaded, this might be like $5 over what a standard one costs, but their goal is to get as many of these miners globally as possible, their money will come from selling the fingerprints as definitions to other companies, and as part of the subscriptions.

Yep it’s software they are developing so it makes sense that they cost things based on that always best that they deal with that.

And while yes bitffence software is free and available if they release a hardware version or preloaded version you should expect a bit of markup as production isn’t free nor is shipping and handling and loading. But from what i read almost any moderately techie should be able to do it on their own
hendMohammed

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:35:45 PM

Great work! It seems a good project.  Wink Wink
em777

Activity: 574
Merit: 1

when you are fed up transfer your crypto to me

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 09:38:54 PM

I’m hoping thebsting miner release will be able to spark the platform interest once initial reviews and impressions come in from people we should see I think a decent bit of positive response

A positive response from the sting miner will boost the community and also the token sale. Everything has been quiet lately i just hope they are giving their all behind the scenes.

I don't think there's going to be any issues with it, it's been in their private testnet for ages, and they even took it to the blockchain conference for their display booth to show people how it was working.

They wouldn't have taken it to the public if they were not sure of its absolute perfection. Even if it was 80% perfection, it would still have been a risky step to take.

When you say absolute perfection you sound like they have a technology for stopping hacker well I don't think so I believe they have a great tech but the effectiveness of their platform I believe will grow with time but nonetheless they are really confident about their tech.

You probably misunderstood my point. By absolute perfection, I simply mean the devices doing to full standard what it is designed to do without any form of malfunction nor bugs.

I get your point and I trust bitfence team has this in mind as well, the team has been a bit quiet lately, I believe they are working tirelessly behind the scenes. The StingMiner will for sure create positive vibes for the project.

I think everyone just got used to the big level of communication they were doing before I’m sure when the team has more information to share especially from the stingminer they will be excited to announce it

Yea, communication is of necessity and i will encourage the team to do the needful, a lot of people take silence in a negative way, so no matter how strenuous the job is for the team, they should make out time to relate to the community, i understand articles do come up but personal communication with the community is very much preferred
I personally think they are great in communication they keep us updated on their Twitter and if we have question they answer it immediately on Telegram.

Likewise, the core team are on there 24x7 and are very helpful, and the actual bitfence admins are on daily answering questions, no issues from my side with their communication.

I personally think if you want a break through in the world of business or anything worthy of an endeavor engaging your community is major key, it keeps hopes alive and stirs interest the more which is what i have seen bitfence do time and time again with their community management and engagement

Yeah I will give them that credit, I have seen the level of hardwork they are putting in and am really positive they will succeed. Security is crucial to any business so I believe bitfence have market share

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: