Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:27:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or HODL?  (Read 2539 times)
billbear

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:20:01 AM

I think I`m the same, I have also some alts, and want to have some profit from them, but also I`m affraid to loose them, so I hold))
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luckyluigi

Activity: 239

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:44:10 AM

In order to trade normaly and gain a stable profit, you need to have some experience, there is a great chance to loose at the biginning.
joelcruzcrypto123

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:52:23 AM

I think hodl is much better than trade because you don't have loss if you hodl your coin but you must have a big big patience in holding to gain more profit patience is a virtue that's the famous line in holding.
FsJsxy

Activity: 233

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:21:33 AM

Of course it's better to trade if you have the necessary skills. You can allocate part of your deposit and try to increase it on market fluctuations.
skba

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:56:02 AM

My opinion is that Both are profitable. If you want to earn a lot of money in a short time, trade better for it. Because we know that trade is the best way to earn huge amount of money. If you do not have a good idea about the trade then it will not be fair to trade. Then it would be better to hold. But hold is the long term investment and it so much profitable.
CryptoDoneWrong

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:41:52 AM

you should do both
cuenzy

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 06:07:26 AM

Base it on the art of war  Cool Good read when trading and in all aspects of life. Really applicable. The most basic is to know yourself and know your enemies. The Market will always be the enemy and you should figure out to yourself as to what your strategies really are.
cyberpunkworld

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:38:01 AM

Short experience, but holding has brought more profits than trading. Try to find good projects, invest during ICO and just hold. Personal experience, there might be some really good traders out there, but it might require a lot of practice and in this field practice is expensive.
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:07:01 AM

The decision is all based from your status right now, like for example you really need money right now for some personal or emergency situations and you think you gain some profit then that is the best time to sell your coins. Another example is you afraid to lose your capital and all the profit you gain then sell it but there is one time in your life that you will regret the decision you've made. While on the other side if you are one of those people who have dreams to be a successful person someday and at the same time you are ready to face the consequences whether its good or bad then holding is the best choice for you.
Yeah op should keep holding his coins and be patient to wait for the pumping time as this will come in due time. Selling it now will not gain a good value unless you in need of fiat money. I will prefer to borrow fiat money than seeling my altcoins as I believe that it will land to the moon someday.
Devanomrz

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 07:09:03 AM

The choice of short or long are by yourself
I recommend you if you need a quick bucks
Short trading is more useful
But if you already got big assets and don't need any money right now
You can do long terms trading for more profits
putrisa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:46:07 AM

I think if I just hold back my trading capital I will not be able to earn very much profit while with daily trading I can get profit although not much but at least the capital I have for trading gives some results.
Vzae

Activity: 431

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:09:50 PM

Trade or Hold. It's more fun trading because we will make a little profit every day if we analyze the market movement properly and thoroughly. but behind the trade you must be ready to bear the risk.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:31:19 PM

The decision is all based from your status right now, like for example you really need money right now for some personal or emergency situations and you think you gain some profit then that is the best time to sell your coins. Another example is you afraid to lose your capital and all the profit you gain then sell it but there is one time in your life that you will regret the decision you've made. While on the other side if you are one of those people who have dreams to be a successful person someday and at the same time you are ready to face the consequences whether its good or bad then holding is the best choice for you.
Yeah op should keep holding his coins and be patient to wait for the pumping time as this will come in due time. Selling it now will not gain a good value unless you in need of fiat money. I will prefer to borrow fiat money than seeling my altcoins as I believe that it will land to the moon someday.
For sure it is not a good time to buy because priced of bitcoin is now on increasing and it will keep on rising for very long time, if we will sell our precious bitcoin for the sake of an ordinary need I am sure late on in future we will be regret of our decision when everyone will be selling at high price and you will not have any to sell for profit, so better choice is keep on holding with patience.
tatum506

Activity: 311

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:58:22 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA
I believe that at this point in time, trade is the best choice. You can see that the price of bitcoins in the past few days has been steadily falling by more than 10% and is now at $ 8700, which has made the altcoin fall sharply and the market is almost covered by a red color. So I think you should trade by day and trade bitcoin to be able to minimize the risk.
imyashir
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:28:13 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

Any thoughts? TIA

For me much better you need search your alrcoin if its a better to hodl just like read the roadmap and join in the community right now evry coin they have a grouo in telegram so this is easy to follow the coin evrytime of announcement you can read and ask in the other members or in admin do not shy to ask them cause you are the investor.
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:40:56 PM

Trade or Hold. It's more fun trading because we will make a little profit every day if we analyze the market movement properly and thoroughly. but behind the trade you must be ready to bear the risk.
Right.You will not learn to trade unless you do it on your own way.Experience is still the best teacher in most cases but make sure start trading with a minimal amount which you can afford to lose.Trading is very risky particularly for those beginners but if you learn to keep on trading,eventually you will develop your own skill as time passes by.

summerbloom

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:07:52 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
- its better to hold for the a while,(if you don't want to lose) learned the basic concept is a must if you want to start
-honestly analized the market movement  are not easy if your not experience (better feed yourself to watch some online toturial regarding to this trading method,
-Well your eager to learn will drive you to make successful in the near future,,if your sencere what you say,
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:46:13 AM

For this time hold until that the time comes that the value of your investments or coins are changing with the higher amount that can makes you earn a good enough amount o profit or income that your seek to happen to be one of the profitable trader in this industry
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:09:04 AM

For this time hold until that the time comes that the value of your investments or coins are changing with the higher amount that can makes you earn a good enough amount o profit or income that your seek to happen to be one of the profitable trader in this industry
Trading and holding is really the most common or maybe profitable strategy in the crypto feild. It is really amazing to earn even if we only buy and hold it until such time that the price meat rise. In trading we really need to get an update about the price in order for us to gain a huge amount on trading we also need to decide in a verry prudent way for good.

Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:12:04 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
I believe there are up to a certain point that we should hold  onto our alts. For example, if by your judgement, the past months have been very gruesome when it comes to the value, then you might want to consider trading your alts while it still have some value left. From there, you buy promising coins that will yield more income than that of your previous alts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: