Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:06:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or HODL?  (Read 2539 times)
riskarcher

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:28:30 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA
seriously, this is not the right time to determine day trading or short trade. this is the moment we have to hold the coin that we have in the wallet, it's like hibernation. relax and don't panic and hold your coins until the end of December 2018 then if there is no change I think selling is the right choice

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GalaxyWorld

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:46:40 AM

trade or hold is a choice that determines profit, when looking at market conditions can not be corrected stably I think hold will continue to be one of the best ways than traders but suffer losses, so maybe now the trade can run without major risk if done trade daily.
hold or exchange, the first thing we should know that choosing the potential coin is the first thing we should do, so in my opinion, holding if choosing the right coin we would quickly get rich, the same.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
@Mhaiang

Activity: 294

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:16:59 AM

I am not really into trading because i might lose some of my investment if i make a wrong move. I just hold my crypto assets and wait patiently for the bull run that's really going to happen anytime.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:40:56 AM

I think waiting for better market is time wasting,  the correct approach to trading cryptocurrency is to have  plan,  if you follow your plan like you should,  opportunities will be there for you to convert to real profit sooner or later!

kavabanga07

Activity: 143
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:56:17 AM

In my previous analysis I zoomed into one of my scenarios from my previous analysis, and laid down some criteria for whether the bounce was going to work or not. Let's review the quotes I said from the previous analysis:

"That's good stuff... But doesn't mean a lot if some factors don't come into play"

"Bitcoin did just hit the massive converging moving average resistance above, and needs to break and retest that to confirm the bounce actually worked before this qualifies as a successful analysis."

"The candle before was a huge red one, so the bounce isn't majorly exciting, it's just something to take heed of."

"Just because it bounced that does NOT mean buy. No point jumping in early and facing these obstacles... Just wait, watch a movie, sit on your hands, something..."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Let's see. Did any of these conditions happen above? NO. They all failed completely therefore invalidating the analysis. In a way I'm relieved it failed, a bounce at that level would have meant we're in a minefield watching for a correction for a while... Regardless of this, I will ALWAYS make analysis on possible movements, even if I DONT believe in them or see them as a possibility.

Why make an analysis of a scenario that you don't like/see happening you ask?

Because what sort of idiot would I be to ignore a scenario just because "I did not like it"... If I ignored scenarios in trading because I simply did not like them, I'd be fired from all my previous finance jobs, not to mention probably bankrupting myself because I believe that trading only what I "FEEL" is logical.

The sooner the newer traders realise the above information, the better.

Onto the analysis...

BTCUSD failed at the side-wards support, quite epically I might add. Now we're going down to the horizontal support zone to see if we can get another POSSIBLE buy at this level. If we can get a bounce here, it'd definitely be my favourite scenario.

If we break below the zone, we're breaking long term support which is actually quite concerning, so I will be keeping the idea updated regarding this scenario taking place.

Trade carefully, it's a tough one out there at the moment.

Where do YOU think price is headed? Leave a comment with a chart and let's share our thoughts!

I never ask anything from my supporters, but I do have a small favour to ask of you guys... If you see comments in the comments section that are trolling/insulting to me, or any other person who's contributing to the comments section, then please Flag/Report their comments right away so we can get rid of people that aren't contributing to this site in a good way. Let's work together to make this site a better place for everybody. :-)
cubicdissection

Activity: 231

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 10:00:56 AM

I think trading is not profitable in current market situation it will be better to invest in good potential coins for long-term which will give be give you more profit in future
JasBea7

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:28:44 PM

My personal case tried both. Holding takes patience, alot of patience, error margin Is low. Trading takes time, alot of invested time, error margin is higher. For me currently holding is better
hydranetwork

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 12:47:32 PM

HODL will propably be safer but... you need patience and never of steel when there is sudden flash crash...
harleymasters

Activity: 225

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:40:25 PM

The current is October. The trend is still not sure. The short-term plan that can bring quite a lot of risk if you lack experience Margin. Litecoin's drop to $ 1 on Oct. 7, this is a warning sign of the risk to the margins at the moment. With the market at the moment I can only believe in the long-term trend of the market in the next a few years. I'm still holding. And Good luck to you!
Jaci

Activity: 219

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:41:00 PM

As the current market situation is very bad, I think it would be best to hold. If you have lots of token, you must do hold and if you know about trading very well, then you can start trading because in the worst of the market, you can earn good money start day trading. If you have good skills in trading, then start day trading and hold for some coins for the future, because soon market will change the situation.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:38:15 PM

start with small steps. like capital and small profits. use some of your altcoin to learn to trade. provided that you dare to lose it. every day the price of crypto currency is unstable. so there is no right time to enter. if you dare, then every time is right to enter the crypto trade. so learn by waiting for crypto prices to rise higher again.
Beparanf

Activity: 2744
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:47:49 AM

start with small steps. like capital and small profits. use some of your altcoin to learn to trade. provided that you dare to lose it. every day the price of crypto currency is unstable. so there is no right time to enter. if you dare, then every time is right to enter the crypto trade. so learn by waiting for crypto prices to rise higher again.
Know that some coin are better of Trading and other were meant to be Hodl. Know the ability of the project , watch how the price move and future plans of the team whether its worth waiting since it will sure to pump.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:21:25 AM

according to the experience I have, it is better you can do the second, I mean when you trade as well as you do not use all the capital you have for trading, you should be able to do it with your capital partly, because when you are stuck at an expensive price You can use the rest of your trading capital to buy the coin again when the price falls. but as good as possible you should not get stuck in a very expensive price because the recovery of cryptocurrency prices will be very long.
arafat222

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:33:14 AM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA

My suggestion is if you want to trade at first you learn some knowledge about trade. Now market is not good if you want to day trade it's very risky
So I think you can hold your coin for future when you see market price is good then sell your all coin
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:43:18 AM

I think hold will be the best choice.Because market is so down right now.Hold until you are in profit.And if you are expert then trade will be good.Maximum people say that hold is the best option but for this need time to make profit.If you hold your coin you will receive big returns Smiley
agree with you. for me, maybe it will get better when selling it later in the year. well, there is a big possibility for the price to rise higher. yeah, but it's only done when you need money, or anything else.
- Holding just makes you easier to die in the present market when many exchanges are constantly delist a lot of altcoin, that clearly tells us that the whale is trying to get rid of the holder, they want the game to change and ask traders to do more, not just hold. The risk with hold is very high, instead of getting bigger profits, I'm just afraid you'll be stuck with it for a long time, even you'll get big losses, and if you do not want that to happen, it's time to leave the safe area and fight like a real trader, fight and win or die like a coward
Since we all know that the market has gone in to recession and the market values and stability in price has declines greatly but the incentive that could still be cashed is the investment in these coins with low market price and a mater of fact is that these coins have gotten great potential to give great returns.

So right now, I would also suggest to invest and hold. If you hodl, you would be better off as the market returns back to its positive vibes.
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:51:11 AM

HODL would be the best option for now. It just don't save your consistent fall of altcoins' prices but it also helps you to develop more patience which is commonly the key to a 1000x roi in the future. Maybe some are still active on trading but you need to be lucky and have large extra funds to recover your losses and trade again if ever it happens.
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:26:56 AM

I hope that people like business man use crypto for long term investment and they have extra capital for further investment and they have a portion in crypto, So i think that trade is a way to make money a good decision at right time and in future again we can come for investment and this process will goes on i like to trade crypto when it important.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:54:14 AM

In the present situation, it is always good to hold the coins instead of selling them in the market because already the price went very low in the market. If you sell them now you will be making very less amount of money, so instead of losing money it is good to hold them long-term until the prices start increasing again.
denbagoes

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 06:57:28 AM

In my opinion, current market conditions are not so good.
At present there has been a decline in the price of coins and the price has not stabilized, making many people unsure if trading for now.
We recommend that you wait and make sure the condition of the Cryptocurrency market price is recovering and the price is good.
If the market conditions are good and high then you can trade safely and can benefit greatly from Cryptocurrency.

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:14:06 AM

The holder takes a long time to get results and must be patient when the portfolio has decreased in price. especially this patient nature is rarely owned by someone so many of them panic, selling their assets

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: