Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:09:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or HODL?  (Read 2539 times)
margert

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:59:27 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA
I think you should trade and should not hold any coin at the moment, you can see that bitcoin prices are falling and continuously adjusted in recent days, the market has not had any signs of recovery. So you keep the coin at this time the risk will be very high, you can lose very heavily if the bitocin price drastically reduced.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lushlifing

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:39:31 AM

If someone asks me what is the best investment, I'd say trading is the best. why? there are so many reasons why,
1. You can hodl while trading, for example you pick BTCTC as your capital
2. Trading is for everyone, you can start with any amount
3. Huge profit, but depends on skills and knowledge
4. And lastly, trading is fun
Bushrat Jahan

Activity: 397

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:11:38 AM

If you can make trade you will get huge profit or huge loss so in here we said that trade is risky too but Hold can give you margin profit and less risk than trade. If you can take risk I prefer you should continue your trading otherwise you can hold your coins until pumping.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:37:23 AM

If you can make trade you will get huge profit or huge loss so in here we said that trade is risky too but Hold can give you margin profit and less risk than trade. If you can take risk I prefer you should continue your trading otherwise you can hold your coins until pumping.
well, I agree, if you are really talented in trading, doing so is probably a good thing to increase profits. it's just that it's really risky to do it right now, because of unstable prices, and steadily declining.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:44:32 AM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

Any thoughts? TIA

I'll try to answer each of your questions.

I'd advise that you start trading.

I'd say Yes to the second question. Yes, it is a good time to start trading. Considering the market now,  the most efficient and effective way to make profits is through trading.

It's an ideal move to start studying. It is very ideal to start studying about trading in order to have the required knowledge concerning trading.  Otherwise, there will be so many losses.

GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:56:26 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
It depends on the altcoins that you holding. There are coins that are good for long term investment like Ethereun, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, EOS and Litecoin. There are also altcoins that are good for short term investment like XVG, Monero and Dash.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:52:38 AM

Any thoughts? TIA

I believe that both would provide us more profiy if we'll just focus on obtaining the best knowledge about it. It is important that we'll have enough idea about what we are doing first for us to maximize our profit and get rid losses. We should know the right time to sell and to buy.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:42:12 PM

To be honest in this situation holding is the best choice, because trading is too risky, especially in this period of time, it's too hard to predict the market moves, until now, I didn't know the reasons of this high fall of prices in the market, currently, we should keep our crypto in our wallet and just wait for the market to stabilize a bit.

Trading bitcoin is too risky at this moment only if the only thing you are doing right now is to go long, but you can also go short and make profits when the market is going down, I know that this strategy is incredibly risky in the middle of a bull market but right now I do not see any kind of great risk to employ that strategy in fact it seems like the most profitable to me if I had to choose between going long or short.
boynamnhi

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:50:37 PM

Any thoughts? TIA
I think you should only trade short-term at this time and do not trade long or hold any coin, the market is in a downward spiral, so long-term investment at this time rupee will be very high, you will certainly be very heavy losses if bitcoin prices continue to fall deeply, now bitcoin prices are continuing to adjust and fell another $ 100 to $ 6400 level.
Kraken Dead
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:56:29 PM

I think HODL is the most effective strategy. BTC will never have cost zero anymore. Just need a time. Wink
spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:42:01 PM

Any thoughts? TIA
Daily trading is very risky if we do not have the ability in that field, especially today when the situation is less supportive for daily trading. so it's good to learn first and choose which coins you will trade, then you can try with a small capital to get started. the better you hold everything you have.
naily

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:42:21 PM

You have to know when the time is right so you can make a profit, but if you are in doubt and afraid to trade then it is better to stay and to learn trading you can try it with small amounts first so you will learn with your experience
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:48:32 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

At this moment, I think it is an advantage if we'll just hodl and wait for the right time to sell because I believe that we'll might just have losses if we'll sell this early. It is important that we'll have more patience and enough idea on when to sell and when to hodl at the right time. Patience is still a virtue.
Cryptoproff

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:20:42 PM

I think it's up to you to start trading, if you have a coin and want to get profit then you can start for trading but you have to see the price in the market whether it will be profitable or not, buy at a low price
Markperop

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:48:36 PM

I think it's up to you to start trading, if you have a coin and want to get profit then you can start for trading but you have to see the price in the market whether it will be profitable or not, buy at a low price
today is just the period when you can use the chance and buy a crypto currency at a cheap price. And the main problem is to choose really promising projects or you need to pay attention to the most rated coins.

HELLO EVERYONE.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:09:31 PM

Trade or Hold both have a hazard, and nothing is that simple method to gain an income. Exchanging is the ideal way on the if you have learning, expertise and you can't control your feeling. The hold is additionally best If you are excessively bustling, it likewise required self-restraint and waiting for the achieve your objective value. Whatever you do Trade or hold, you should read the market circumstance and comprehend it well. If you don't worry about occurring in the market. Advantages or Income don't have enthusiasm additionally to you.
raihan09

Activity: 160

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:15:16 PM

In this case both are good But easy way to earn is hold. you should earn easily just you need buy low price & sell it high price so, I think you should choose to hold.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:17:40 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

Trade when the market is in good condition, not when everything is dipping. However, if you really need money that bad, you have no choice but to trade. That's why I always make sure that I trade during the peak, so I have spare money when the market dips. That way, I can either buy more, or have spare money whenever I need it.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:34:13 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

Trade when the market is in good condition, not when everything is dipping. However, if you really need money that bad, you have no choice but to trade. That's why I always make sure that I trade during the peak, so I have spare money when the market dips. That way, I can either buy more, or have spare money whenever I need it.

I'm new, but even I know that price fluctuate in dips and on tops, if you are
trader you can trade all the time. Short-term trades are when you buy or sell in the morning and every couple hours you repeat that action.
   Alt-coins and tokens follow major coins, they have daily fluctuations too. Who
watch market closely knows that daily range can go up to 10% in both ways in
just couple hours.
   Waiting for peaks is not trading, it's holding.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:09:49 PM

Nobody can give here a certain question, that depends on a lot of factors, your incomes, your portfolio, your aim (fast money or crazy profits in future) etc...

And on time, as well. The guys that have enough time to spend it for the cryptocurrency, can deal with the day trading. The rest one should better hold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: