Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:09:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or HODL?  (Read 2539 times)
gerald246kru

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:42:13 PM

Trade
I believe that short-term trading is the best choice at this time, you can see that bitcoin girls are constantly fluctuating in recent days and very difficult to recover, so to have You can earn profits and minimize the risk that you should trade short-term by day. The market is bearish in the long term so you need to be very careful in every trading decision.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:53:17 PM

Nobody can give here a certain question, that depends on a lot of factors, your incomes, your portfolio, your aim (fast money or crazy profits in future) etc...

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
bennie4

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:57:56 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA
I believe short-term trading is the best option at this time, you can tell that bitcoin prices have been fluctuating and decreasing in recent days. According to my analysis, bitcoin prices will probably fall further below $ 6,000 in the coming days. Therefore, long-term investment risk is very high.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:54:58 AM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

Any thoughts? TIA
Since you are basically admitting that you do not know anything about trading then it will be a terrible mistake to become a trader right now, but if you like the idea of trading alts or even better to trade bitcoin then this is the perfect time to start learning about that subject just be careful and be realistic about your capabilities since it is impossible to become a good trader in just a few days.
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:57:17 AM

To be honest in this situation holding is the best choice, because trading is too risky, especially in this period of time, it's too hard to predict the market moves, until now, I didn't know the reasons of this high fall of prices in the market, currently, we should keep our crypto in our wallet and just wait for the market to stabilize a bit.
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:17:57 AM

Trading is more profitable but also riskier AMD needs more experience. Hodling is safer especially when it's an established currency.
For sure everything has some risk and nothing is that easy mate, so I think it is good to be ready for all kind of things such as falling price, dumping phase and etc those who will face all these with patience and will not sell at panic at all, so it is not the time to trade will be best for you hold and let the market be good, smooth rise is better than fast falling.

But now, only really the coolest trading professionals can cope with it. The beginners and the guys will less experience should better pick holding. IMHO.
Firefox07

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:28:16 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
If you know nothing about trading. It is better for you to hold your altcoins until your desired price. And if you want to trade. You must study and improve your knowledge about trading.

okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:32:24 AM

The best thing you should do if you are willing to invest in cryptos is to trade and experience it. And I would prefer hodling now than trading because of the movement of the market recently. It is not really advisable to trade now so it would be better to just hodl it instead.
ashkanm

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:05:05 PM

Experience will teach you a lot of great things. However, avoid learning about trading in an expensive way. You should just avoid becoming too emotional in trading. If you are going to trade the money you have earned through joining campaigns, you can freely do so. However, take note that trading is risky, even experience traders incur losses and some even loss a great amount of money on trading. You must have your own preference and strategy as a trader.
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:37:34 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

There is a best way to become a bitcoin expert and best trader, this is the right forum to learn lots of things about bitcoin. But this not easy as you think. We have to spend lots of time reading and research about others post. And you can google it https://www.bitcoin.com/ and read bitcoin articles this is also helping to gain knowledge about bitcoin. Also just analys trading section . you will get more idea.
harbs23

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:41:43 PM

Any thoughts? TIA
I think you first need to know how to use different indicators for you to learn different strategies to trade your altcoins be risk taker. if you earn MORE BTC  you'll be happy and if you lose you'll be wiser .
Old God

Activity: 434
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:33:37 PM

For me both of that is good and it depends of the situation, if you holding or trade it like if the price is very low so you can force your self to hold so that your money will not loss and if you see the price is good that time is good to trade so that you can get a huge profit.
crpytonation

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:56:15 PM

Buy coins at LOW and HODL.But if market is volatile I prefer trading in bulk..buy at low sell at high even 100 sats per coin profit on over 100k coins is a huge profit.Use trading bots which can do the job for you
Farhan786

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:58:58 PM

If I want to be more beneficial in a short period, then I will support Trade. If there is a desire to sell at a higher price after a long time ,then you choise to hold. I always choose hold.
btcblockchain

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:33:40 PM

we should apply both the strategies in investing trade and hold both at the same time as per the market conditions both are equally important in speculative market like crypto currency trading
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:14:28 PM

The beauty about crypto is there are so many different ways to make money, ranking up your bct account and participating in bounties, joining airdrops, masternodes, mining, HODLing, and trading. What I do is make money in all avenues I diversify my income Smiley
Yes different ways are there through which one can make a lot of money, but to me i think that in above mentioned ways the best way of making money is trading, from trading you have an opportunity to make a big amount of money in a short time. I think that people have already made a lot of money from trading. To me no doubt that trading is the best way for making huge amount of money.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:27:24 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

If you really are agressive and eager enough to learn in this market, then I would suggest for you to try all of them than choosing one or the other. I say that not due to being greedy but on the concept that you can gain more knowledge if you can try them on yourselves, plus after trial, you can gain what venture really fits your style. Although it may involve money and some losses here and there, what is valuable to gain is the experience that you can get. For me though, holding is my choice, easier and passive.
Marahunter

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:51:56 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

a combination of both, requires discipline to learn how to be a good trader, in which case you should hold your coins if you get a good entry on them. For the long term though I think trading is the best
totholio

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:13:11 PM

It depends on if you can handle the constant strees and hard work(looking for updates all day) which comes with trading, but you can definitely catch situations where you end up with more than if you would've just used hodl
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:31:34 PM

While the market's in a stagnant state it feels inefficient for trades let alone day traders, I think when the market situation is like this, the wise choice is just by buying, then hold for several days waiting for the price to exceed the purchase price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: