Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:04:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or HODL?  (Read 2539 times)
dekcutbusu33

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:13:36 AM

You have a lot of great things. But avoid learning about trading in expensive ways. You just have to avoid being overly emotional in trading, avoid getting fomoed and avoid panic sales as this only leads to losses. Like time to trade, you have to trust your own judgment and speculation. If you can not stand the thought of going to exchange and see prices every few days then leave it alone. That is why hodl is a better method overall, it works best for most people.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
IndoUSminus

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:10:41 PM

It depends on what exactly you want to get in the long run.
Whereas trading could be more profitable, hodling is more secure. So, it's up to you to decide what to choose Wink
However, considering the fact you ARE here, maybe you should give it a try. Wink
Either way, you will learn something...
tatum506

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:21:11 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA
At this point you can see that bitcoin prices are going up sharply and according to my analysis the bitcoin price will be able to continue to rise sharply and will be able to reach the 7000 mark in the coming days. So you can keep the coin and wait for that moment to sell.

You can also trade short-term by day to be able to make a profit quickly, the market is on the move so keep the profits as possible.
Crypto_Spike_Factor

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:57:12 PM

To me, the best way to earn exponentially is by trading your money in the cryptocurrency world. As time goes by. Remember that 90% of people lost money in the market.
EfganMiu

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:48:33 PM

Each person has the ability to choose and different thinking to choose the appropriate form. I myself want to combine both but really my ability is limited and the method I choose is holding. Simple but effective.
xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:23:01 PM

Just hold!  Holding pays very well in as much as you are holding a solid project altcoin you are rest assured that huge amount of profits will come from it,  if you are not good in Technical analysis don't try trading
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:31:45 PM

In a falling market, I think it would be better to sell half and leave the other half. But here you can not guess with the miscalculations and lose a lot of money.
Well I think it is not good to sell any of your bitcoin, for this it is best time to hold until you become satisfied about the price change with the higher amount that can make you earn good amount of profit, now a day price of bitcoin has started to rise so I would suggest you not to sell even 20% of your saved amount as it is not profit making selling at all.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:09:27 PM

I like the both as for trading a huge capital is required so one can make a good turnover,while holdlong requires capital and patience..
SkustaClee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:42:30 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

Any thoughts? TIA
It depends on what you can do, the strategy that you should do depends on your skills. You will only lose your money if you choose the strategy that is not fit with your skills.
dungthuy

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:47:12 AM

now we should hold coin not trade,the market is very risk and market move very slow with low volume,now we choice good coin and buy with good price and hold it,i see when the crypto market go up good coin: eth btc will grow up first then it take all market grow up together BTC ETH,so i chosen eth for my list
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:02:58 AM

If you are a busy man, then just continue to hold. And besides, there is really no point trading actively when you only get a couple of dollars by waiting so many hours just to see your orders get completed. I swear that holding would be 10x the profit than doing short/daytrading.
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 03:10:24 AM

At the moment, on a market so bearish, just HODL. Unless you know how to use Bitmex platform and so also how to trade going short...
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:38:15 PM

I think hodling or holding is the best choice for me as of now. The market is not in a good mood what I mean is this time is not time to sell but to buy. Trading is a good idea too but if I'm trading I will ensure that the coin that I want to trade is better than what I'm hodling now. When you are hodling or trading just make sure that you can get a profit from your starting funds.
Holding is by far the best and safest choice, I know that a lot of people see more potential to get profits with trading and they are not wrong but there is also a greater risk and if you are like me and you prefer to have lesser profits but a lesser risk as well then holding is the perfect strategy, besides it has been proven several times that holding is more profitable than trading for most people.
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:03:43 AM

Depend on personality you have, but just what you thought i guess not to try trade for now and keep on holding. Trade needs skills and hold doesnt required suc matter. Dont put on risk your money,  gradually try learn by viewing videos or reading bloges of great traders. Then afyer have some idea try at least 0.5 eth not all of your money.

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:23:43 AM

Depend on personality you have, but just what you thought i guess not to try trade for now and keep on holding. Trade needs skills and hold doesnt required suc matter. Dont put on risk your money,  gradually try learn by viewing videos or reading bloges of great traders. Then afyer have some idea try at least 0.5 eth not all of your money.
After years here on forum, trading, holding, trying different strategies I figure it out, you can`t be a good trader if you are not a holder. Sounds strange maybe, but good trader don`t trade with all amount, never, more you have on hold more secured you are in your trades, cause if something go wrong you need to have a lot more to try to recover loses in future trades.
Hold first, when your amount is high enough you can start trading with 5-10% of your amount, if that represent a lot you can start trading even with less percents.  Your trading amount should always be a lot smaller than your holding amount, remember that and work for that, later trading will be easier.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
hungsanh2512

Activity: 437

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:14:36 AM

I think bitcoin prices are standing at this moment when prices only range from 6k-6.7k, it's difficult to make profits and transactions. You should hold and wait for a better chance, until one day you will earn more money than you have .
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:59:23 AM

Any thoughts? TIA

If you need to earn right away, you can do trading but in doing trading you have to study and learn it first before you do it. Yes it is a good time to start trading but you need to have a knowledge on trading coins. You will earn big from trading it gives you a good profit. If you want to do trading then do the day trading and you have to have your time because you cannot do it with your free time only cause in trading you have to monitor the price in the market if you cannot monitor then hodling is the best for you. In hodling you can also earn big but you have to be patient and wait for the good value. Trading and hodling is too risky. If you want to learn about trading you just have to learn about the exchanges so that you will know how to deal with the exchanges.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:33:47 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

If you need to earn right away, you can do trading but in doing trading you have to study and learn it first before you do it. Yes it is a good time to start trading but you need to have a knowledge on trading coins. You will earn big from trading it gives you a good profit. If you want to do trading then do the day trading and you have to have your time because you cannot do it with your free time only cause in trading you have to monitor the price in the market if you cannot monitor then hodling is the best for you. In hodling you can also earn big but you have to be patient and wait for the good value. Trading and hodling is too risky. If you want to learn about trading you just have to learn about the exchanges so that you will know how to deal with the exchanges.
  All of us know it well that bitcoin is now not at very high price but it is rising so I think if you have money we should buy more and hold them instead of trading with our present about of bitcoin, holding is best and a profit making strategy, so I think now is the best time to hold, it will give you safe and huge profit, trading is surely best way to make money but only at green as market yet not green so better to hold your coin with patience.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:05:47 PM

Nowadays, trading is really good, specially when the market is bloody, but I suggest to you that just trade only for short time and don't be greedy. I realized before that trading is really risky and I quit trading, specially when you are trading on green markets, you cannot say that you can earn profits.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:41:03 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
Since you are basically confessing you have no idea how to trade then it is very obvious that you need to keep holding, you do not become a trader overnight you need to read several books and watch the markets closely for a lot of time and only until you do that you can begin trading, since you have not done that then you need to keep holding your coins for the short term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: