Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:49:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or HODL?  (Read 2539 times)
guon

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:27:39 AM

It depends on coin or token, I usually hold a coin maximum 4 months I think trading is more profitable than holding. BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Om.monata

Activity: 936
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:21:22 PM

when the market is good and stable trading can be a good choice, but when the market is unstable we can hold the coins to serve as coins of our savings in the future while waiting for the price to return to normal.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 12:39:49 PM

This is a subjective decision that you should trade or hold because there are the people who have earned huge amount of money just through holding Bitcoins over the period of time and on the other hand, there are the traders who have made more than the holders. However, you cannot always predict that which method will work for you. I believe that trading is something where you need to give your attention and have the flexibility of taking decisions as per the situation and hence as I am doing a full-time job and a part-time business, trading is not my cup of tea so I am more concerned about investment.
xitrum

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:19:53 PM

Trade
I think that this time of trade is a good choice, but if you do not have a specific trade plan, failure to trade is possible. You can see that the price of bitcoins in the past few days is constantly changing and complex, so the trade is very risky and if you do not have specific plans you will not be able to control the damage. when there is risk.

maximrussky

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:26:39 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA
A few types of altcoins is quite a bit for withdrawal. I would prefer to play with coins on exchanges, or just wait for the course to take off.

Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:30:21 PM

when the market is good and stable trading can be a good choice, but when the market is unstable we can hold the coins to serve as coins of our savings in the future while waiting for the price to return to normal.

Sometimes it depends on the market situation and of course your strategy in life. I preferred holding because I don't have much time to study the market everyday and I believe in long term investing with great coins.
princesspoppy

Activity: 634

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:31:30 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

Any thoughts? TIA

If you think your alts have lot of potential to grow in the future, better just hold it and wait for that time to come but if it don't have that much potential, try doing trading. The market is green and it is a very good time to trade. There are lot of good and have potential coins out there you can aim to trade with. Or you can also do both, hold half of your alts and trade the other half. After all, you'll be the one to make a choice. No matter what the outcome is, make sure to learn from that outcome/result. Good luck.
rodskee

Activity: 2352
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:33:19 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

here is the link I will suggest for you how to start trading study and read this hoping I can help you in this way
https://www.investopedia.com/
https://www.thatsucks.com/primary-school/
for your altcoins  try to visit into coinmarketcap if your coins have an huge value and enough profits you can get sell it,

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:33:34 PM

Actually, traders prefer the market's volatility since that is the market condition they are comfortable trading with, especially if the volatility plays out within a firm range. In that case the ping pong movements are easy to exploit.

Stability is when people prefer to hodl their coins because when there isn't any serious or decent level of volatility, you are putting a lot time and effort in trying to squeeze out tiny profit margins, which isn't really worth the hassle.

That's however my opinion. If people find it worthwhile to trade in a stable market and are okay with smaller profit margins, then that's totally fine. People should do whatever they think is productive and profitable.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Davidovic6648

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 12:00:08 AM

Holding and take my time to study before trading cos trading is like placing a bet
Oasisman

Activity: 2590
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 02:46:39 AM

Holding and take my time to study before trading cos trading is like placing a bet

Anyone who wants to start trading already studied the basics I assume. You will never learn trading when you just keep studying without engaging. Experience is the best teacher. Start trading now.
One more thing trading is so different in placing a bet in a gamblong site.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
gudrun

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:49:34 AM

I also think that trade is the best choice at the present time, you can see that bitcoin prices in the past few days are constantly increasing and slowly increasing to the price of altcoin pump. There was a lot of strong pump altcoin last week and there were signs of a strong recovery when the market capitalization has also increased dramatically over $ 300 billion.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:51:06 AM

Any thoughts? TIA

I think it depends on what cryptocurrencies you are holding. There are some that I would consider as good long term holds such as Neo, IOTA, and Eos. I think there are some that you can make a quick profit with and sell but I prefer to buy only the ones I think have potential for big profits and just hold. Sometimes if you sell for a quick profit, you can miss out on larger gains.
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:26:16 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
you can see that the bitcoin value in the nagem via which has a valid force and strong are the basic for you can be join into the bitcoin trade. The field has been over a very dynamic after the bitcoin be restore the a strong, that the wall on the enhanced boost and this is also the time for you can be trading altcoin that risk ro very low.
equoboy

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:27:32 AM

Yes i think its risky if you move while you have no idea on trading. Why dont you just hold it for now then read some thread or articles to give you knowledge about trading and besides while you are holding it can give you much more profit.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:26:07 AM

Any thoughts? TIA

well you can make profit not only by holding them but also make some more coins as you hold them , have you heard POS(proof of stake) coins?
For ex NEO is a POS coin , it gives you neo gas just by holding it in your neo wallet , so that you get profit by rising neo price also you will get some neo gas too!

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
ashkanm

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:48:42 AM

If you are going to trade the money you have earned through joining campaigns, you can freely do so. However, take note that trading is risky, even experience traders incur losses and some even loss a great amount of money on trading.You can make profit by keeping coins, but i can not say that you will make much money this way. So, you are losing time with waiting, and it means that you don't make profit.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:55:59 AM

IF we have trading knowledge then we can trade with profit but if we are not able to trade in the present time then just to hold our money that is also profitable and and now the holding at this time is very beneficial for us and if we have a good amount then we can make money. bitcoin price is rising day by day and those who have traded in these days they are also very profitable.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
BTCappu

Activity: 516
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:39:34 AM

Seems most of the replies are telling me to just HODL my coins. Well, I think that will be worth it as one of them is pumping right now and I'm quite sure that it can reach my expectation base on what's the progress on their platform.

I will tell you hold them as well. The reason is same, bitcoins are getting higher and in near future you would be seeing bitcoins at the top of chart. So don’t just lose our heart now and just consider the advice of everyone to hold. Things are getting fine and you would be meeting the objective and goal of your investment in form of profit. Keep patience and don’t lose your hope.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
VPoro

Activity: 201

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:38:47 AM

HODL depends on what currency/token you are holding.if you are HODL some shit coin,Its just ruined your money.but if you HOLD great coin/token that would be helpful for you and your investment.
ya. the first things I want to say is hold is the good way to make money without knowledge about trading. but If you pick wrong coin. that's terrible. So I think just hold top 50 coin is the best way

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: