Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:20:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or HODL?  (Read 2539 times)
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:04:30 AM

I think HODL is the most effective strategy. BTC will never have cost zero anymore. Just need a time. Wink
Most likely bitcoin will not have a value of zero but we cannot assure that with 100% certainty, there are many things that could happen like quantum computers being developed in secret way before we thought possible, or the destruction of the internet and the electric grid by a natural or a man made disaster this is why even if holding is a good strategy there is nothing wrong to trade once in a while and right now seems like the perfect conditions to trade.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoLoverz

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:01:31 AM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA

everyone would want to make a profit.
you say you want to earn profit while waiting for better market value. Should I enter the trade.
yes, that's what you have to do. gain profit while waiting for better market prices. do not hesitate to do Daily Trading, by always seeing and utilizing the current market situation just like a small wave.
this is the right time to do daily trading.
there must be some risk, but it is better that the coin is used to work and earn income rather than just being kept quiet without getting a profit and wasting time if only kept in the wallet.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:26:15 AM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

Any thoughts? TIA
If you involve yourself in trading you will be making regular profit and loss too lol. Same thing applies to HODL, but are likely to each other with a little difference. The difference is that with Hodl you’re ready to hold for a long time. And during that long time you will be holding your BTC or ETH or whatever you’re holding, the price will be fluctuating up and down, putting you in either loss or profit. But your main target is to get profit right? So you need to s set a target profit.
beezare

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:52:53 AM

I think to be able to get profit in trading then you should be able to read the market well and know when the right time to buy or sell, if you have some altcoin and you want to trade then to get a better profit you sell when the price is high and buy again when the price goes down
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:29:44 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
Can I choose both because I can manage it well.  Trading while Holding some crypto coins is better to gain more profits came from crypto.  I believe that the more source of income the more benefits you achieve.  To do it both trading and holding manage have a big important on it. If you can’t manage it well. They're some tendency to lose your funds. Be careful to all your moves.
For managing it, you must have enough money to buy such variety of coins or even two coins at least. Then you must have time to manage these two effectively that no one would become ignored at any single moment. Then you must be able to draw graphs and extract market information of both at same time and then deciding better for both of them. It is hard to do but if you have that much ability, go for it.
biogesic

Activity: 168
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:43:22 AM

Guys hodling is when we are in a bull run. Trading when we are in a bear trend. You don't hodl an asset that depreciate in value over time.
siguria

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:01:18 AM

to be honest to trade is a risky job so not everyone can trade and make good job at least youneed some experience in order to not fail so first analyze back what was done and than start doing things easily and do not hurry.
mia khalifa

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:12:20 AM

I prefer to trade rather than just keep silent and hold my trading capital, when I have the capital and do trade and share some of the capital I have to buy coin I can get a lot of profit.
doublecoins

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:46:41 AM

Crypto currency gives us opportunity for both to HODL and Trade both at same time then only we can see profits
cherrylady

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 08:49:14 AM

I prefer to divide my portfolio into several parts, HODL and trade at the same time, divide into 50/50 proportions. I think it  is better than just HODLing or trading
Che0

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:50:50 AM

i think u need to learn more. if u have experience u can become to trader now or hold some best coin about 2-3 years.
athlete

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:59:29 AM

The main part of my deposit is in the HODL strategy. And when the market is favorable for trading, I allocate part of the deposit for short positions
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:25:30 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
Hodling is safer but we cannot deny the fact that traders earn more than just mere hodlers. If you want to earn more, then work for it, learn how to trade efficiently because it is risky and might somehow make you lose all your wealth. Trading is risky but is much profitable, also it is a good thing that you experience new things in life, you learn new things and experience how it feels. If you want challenge in your life, try to learn and experience new things like trading.
LooBaao

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:44:04 AM

if you found out that you've got a coin that is worth trading in then go for it do not depend on the holding it is better to make a profit from trading rather than make a profit to holding you have the same amount in holding but it makes a different on the value so it is better and if you got a chance trade your coin.
But I always emphasize holding, I always love to hold onto the opportunity, I've invested in lots of coins but I do not worry, I hold and wait for higher price opportunities than I sell and I have never greedy expectations at high prices.
okorocrypto

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:20:31 AM

Any thoughts? TIA

Market always go up and down. No one can accurately predict the time to buy or sell. It is up to you to decide what you should do with your coins. The simple rule is that HODL is for long time trades while selling at profit is for the short time. But never sell at a loss... like below the ICO price
sergiom

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:44:14 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

Is to be wise because holding right now is the best decision that we can make because of this awful market condition and because of this falling price trend, I think that holding is an option.
mbenga

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:08:46 PM

I am still trading from time to time because I think that even in those bad Market conditions, there are still some coins which are good to trade right now because they are having a good volatility and perspectives.
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:50:50 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

Experience comes only when we try and start the first step. And then you will see whether you did or not, learn from your mistakes, it is painful, but very effective. Good luck my friend By the way, read books on this topic, it will be easier to understand the graphics.
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:02:46 PM

I think it's up to you to start trading, if you have a coin and want to get profit then you can start for trading but you have to see the price in the market whether it will be profitable or not
Its good to trade however this is not applicable right now the market was in blood and bringing down its prices. Hodl is much more than better now wait for buying prices and hodl the potential coins or the great coins that you know will be good one's it we start recovering.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
Rosemarie Carizo

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:27:06 PM

Trade or hold? It depends on the situation because sometimes the owner of the token need financial.. Sometimes you neEd to traDe because they have a hIgH value oN the market.. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: