Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:38:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or HODL?  (Read 2539 times)
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:10:10 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA

I'd advise you trade your coins to make profit.  Holding is safer but then it brings less profit than trading as it depends on the market value of the coin.  Trading on the other hand is risky but brings more profit.
I'd suggest you gather information on how to trade. You can however get these information on this forum or on Google. Day trading brings more profit especially in this dump.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sabarr

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:51:30 PM

to start trading then you should see the movement of coins and prices in the market, whether it will be profitable or not so you can trade to get profit, but if the market price is not good then it is better to hold
Activitycoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:32:35 PM

Trading is more exciting but holding is easier on the brain..less stress!
This is really good and mind relaxing job, if you hold it then nothing will disturb your peace of mind, in holding people won thousands of dollars and I think nothing is more worthy than saving it, I am sure soon the price will rise then you will be able to sell for trading but now is not the time, as price is on way to rise did not yet reached the height, just hold and wait.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:20:42 AM

Do you all agree if you trade, well you have consistent money coming in?  When you hold, you dont make anything until you sell. 

I mean look at how much the altcoins have dropped since a while back.  Some coins are down 90 percent etc.  How would any holders make money here?  But traders possibly could when there is a slight rise and then sell?
FUD Expert

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:43:33 AM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

Any thoughts? TIA

My suggestion is DO IT. You don't have to trade all of your altcoins to gain rich experience in trading. Maybe use coins that only valued at $200 then try those things like daytrading or short-term trading and see what really works for you.
napoleoni1

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:06:35 AM

considering that we are in the bear market, daytrading does not seem like a dumb idea i must say
Just try to not rush the things, firstly learn how to analyze the market and see if you're prone to make emotional mistakes

personally i dont have the right mentality to daytrade, therefore im in HODL GANG

jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 03:10:19 AM

Do you all agree if you trade, well you have consistent money coming in?  When you hold, you dont make anything until you sell.  

I mean look at how much the altcoins have dropped since a while back.  Some coins are down 90 percent etc.  How would any holders make money here?  But traders possibly could when there is a slight rise and then sell?

I suggest to have coins that you can trade for short term and some coins are for investment or for long term HODL. Coins that has good fundamentals and active developers would eventually be able to recover but for coins that are just existing in the market for speculation purposes and maybe they are projects that are already abandoned by the developers then their only hope is for it to be pump. The wise thing to do should have been cut your losses when you still have small losses not when you already lose half of the value of it or even more. The way for holders to make money would be to buy more when it is cheaper so that they can average down.

Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:59:13 AM

Do you all agree if you trade, well you have consistent money coming in?  When you hold, you dont make anything until you sell.  

I mean look at how much the altcoins have dropped since a while back.  Some coins are down 90 percent etc.  How would any holders make money here?  But traders possibly could when there is a slight rise and then sell?

I suggest to have coins that you can trade for short term and some coins are for investment or for long term HODL. Coins that has good fundamentals and active developers would eventually be able to recover but for coins that are just existing in the market for speculation purposes and maybe they are projects that are already abandoned by the developers then their only hope is for it to be pump. The wise thing to do should have been cut your losses when you still have small losses not when you already lose half of the value of it or even more. The way for holders to make money would be to buy more when it is cheaper so that they can average down.
Trading and holding is said to be the best strategy on crypto feild it is all because this strategy is really proven and tested that it can really give us a huge return in the near future. Many people around really gain on waiting for the right time to sell through holding their coin with a big patience on the feild, I believe that everything on crypto feild is depend on your pafience.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:30:22 AM

To be honest, i like to trade and to hold, both are good things to do.
But during a bear market, the best thing that you can do is just to do a 50 - 50 percent of each one. Trading is risky sometimes

Yeah I thought it would be conditional, depending on the existing market situation, if the market is still in bad condition like the
current bear trend, then holding is the right thing to do, because if you insist on trading it might be a bigger risk as well as possibly loss..
wedosgibas

Activity: 535
Merit: 33

here we go

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 04:39:39 AM

All depends on your own, if you want to take to quickly without selling all assets, then start trading. See also altcoin's popularity, past price statistics and development of info about altcoin, it will decide to trade or hold.
Shayesmiles

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:11:15 AM

Why not do both? You can have your long-term stash, and you could have a special account just for swing and day-trading - that is if you are any good at reading the charts and determining sentiment.

Profits from day-trading could also be used to bolster your hodl stack, or be diversified to other tokens/projects.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:14:21 AM

Experience will teach you a lot of great things. However, avoid learning about trading in an expensive way. You should just avoid becoming too emotional in trading, avoid getting FOMOed and avoid panic selling because this only leads to losses. As to the time when to trade, you must trust your own judgement and speculation, because people will just advise you to buy or sell this or that depending on what they are holding and think that would help them improve the market of what coin they are supporting, again their opinion is based on their judgment, you must make your own decision.

It depend upon the people if what will they much preferred in that so better experience them both and it is up to you to decide at all because if you are gonna ask me if what is I much preferred I will say both of them because they are both profitable it is up to you if you can manage but hodl do not do much work at all because it is more holding then selling and trading is a daily thing so you can really manage them both. Just save up because of course those things needs some capital for you to start
Iotjava

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:19:46 AM

if you believe in your trading experiences than do a day trade this would be my suggestion, but I am not a good traders this is why I only hold
devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:29:08 AM

if the situation is like this I better do the hold than to take the risk too deep. in terms of estimation. my current assets alone have drastically decreased
valera10

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:07:55 PM

In General, the crypto market has always been profitable to trade. Even during the fall, when the price falls very low on the coin, you can not show emotions. But on the occasion, I want to say that from each project depends all in different ways. Where you just have to wait, and where it is necessary to actively trade!
alibaba93

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:42:42 PM

Any thoughts? TIA
The market is in a bear market, and you can see that bitcoins have been fluctuating in recent days, so in order to trade successfully, you need to trade short-term. day . The market is bearish in the long run so long-term trading will be very risky, the risk is high when the bitcoin prices fall deeply, which will make you lose a very heavy and irreversible.
boynamnhi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:03:06 PM

Any thoughts? TIA
I believe that at this point you should only trade short-term by day, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly fluctuating in the past days, so to be able to trade successfully you need to trade Short-term day by day and always take care of any possible risks. The market is volatile and difficult to predict, so you should not invest long-term risk will be very high.
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:56:39 AM

It will always depend on what do you really want to do, you can not expect to make huge returns just for holding a single coin, that is the reason of why i prefer to trade, it  depends a lot too

In my opinion, one should not sell during such a time when the market is red or the market is not good enough to give great outputs. Also the selling of your portfolio will either incur you loss or might give you very less profit and I know you were not here for less. So it is rather good to hold your coins and cash the in a time when the monetary value is the maximum in the market.
tester4206

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:11:36 AM

Experience will teach you a lot of great things. However, avoid learning about trading in an expensive way. You should just avoid becoming too emotional in trading, avoid getting FOMOed and avoid panic selling because this only leads to losses. As to the time when to trade, you must trust your own judgement and speculation, because people will just advise you to buy or sell this or that depending on what they are holding and think that would help them improve the market of what coin they are supporting, again their opinion is based on their judgment, you must make your own decision.

I prefer holding because in this way i can wait for the prices to grow even more before selling but if you want to use cryptocurrency for living then the best thing to do is trade everyday in order for you to earn more profit depending on your needs.

If you do not have a good idea about trading then it is not fair to trade. Then it would be better to hold it. But resistance is a long-term investment and it's very profitable. My opinion is that Both are profitable. If you want to make a lot of money in a short time, trade better for it. Because we know that trading is the best way to earn huge amounts of money
Gtrust233

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:23:51 AM

i think best way choice is the hodle. day trading or short term trading is too risky.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: