Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:49:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or HODL?  (Read 2539 times)
tadpole_bitfrog

Activity: 464
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:43:54 AM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA
Now you should not trade because its volatility has stopped and you will not earn money. I think you should learn about fundamental analysis and long-term investment and the altcoins in the top 10. It will definitely bring in profits for you in the next 5 months.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:23:10 AM

We have to decide according to the situation if the market but in the current situation it is best to hold them as long as possible until your coin prices start increasing. Sometimes it completely depends on the coins you choose because some potential coin will always start increasing even in the bear market.
for now, I feel that holding back is pretty good, and it might be a pretty important factor for the development of the business that you have in the future. maybe trading is also an interesting thing to do, but looking at the current market situation, I prefer to hold back what I have.
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:25:42 AM

It will be correct to use of course both options for trading to take a smaller part of their capital, and when the hodling, too, need to fix the profit
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 05:46:26 AM

After that madness which happening on the market (in particular on Bitmex) I begin to think about changing my position ))
In general I think that both of it - Trade or HODL - are good. However if you are trader, you can say goodbye to nerves Smiley If you are holder - you just bought and best of all forget about all this for about 5 years. You at least can sleep well.

If you want to be safe in the current market situation, i think HOLD is the only option. You might get some luck in trading but eventually you will stuck in a coin because of your wrong judgement in this bear situation. I will advise everyone to HOLD and see if the market changes in December or early January.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
crabby

Activity: 276
Merit: 48

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:14:39 AM

You should combine the best qualities of both of these and do a regularly scheduled rebalance. Wink

Agree. It's often the overlooked answer. So simple to implement with services like shrimpy.io, and provides so much benefit.
Coinraptor

Activity: 257
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:29:51 AM

Trading is not so easy for a newbie but day trading is good for making quick profits but needs to learn some basics things for doing better in trading. Need to know which coin is running well in the market for trading and the update value of the coin. So, bro, I think you need to stay with holding it will be easy and risk-free for you.

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:16:05 PM

It depends on the market condition if a market is low then HODL and when a market is green then trade. Simple rule for a trading buy at dip and sell at the pump now a question arises how you know about pump and dip by doing a survey on that coin with the help of graph. This is the right time buy coins because the market of every coin is at its lowest price.
velive08

Activity: 815
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:18:38 PM

trade or hold can be used as one of the best choices to get a profit. but trades cannot be done by everyone, only professional traders may be able to run traders. different from the hold that anyone can now do and that can be one of the safest ways to safeguard assets.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
raghovsing34

Activity: 333
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 05:15:40 PM

If you have enough experience on trading and if you can take risk then you can trade cryptocurrency. But you are emotional trader or if you have no experience about trading, then I suggest you to hold your coins for long-term.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
electron-coin

Activity: 521
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:26:25 PM

Of course, everything depends primarily on what kind of coins you have.
If you want to engage in trading, then of course do.
First of all, study all the necessary information about the crypto market and trading on it.  Technical analysis and communication on the forum will help you with this . After you learn basic information, start practicing. Just trade in small amounts.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
karanggatak

Activity: 1106
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:53:51 PM

in my opinion the two strategies are a good strategy to do. but if for example I have a few coins that you have, I prefer to trade daily. in my opinion, with daily trading, it will be faster to earn income, taking advantage of the current market instability.
all strategies in cryptocurrency will have risks, but if you are too afraid of risk, you will never step.
To be a good daily trader, I feel that I have to be patient and careful when I want to move. and don't be a greedy trader, who always wants to make a big income.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
LuvCyanide

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:54:57 PM

You can trade in a growing market. In a falling market, I would not trade and risk in the absence of experience.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
  Print  

Jump to: