Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:24:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
ebereon

Activity: 397
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:11:44 PM

whats going on with testnet??

cfb is asking about bugs, but how we can test without it?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:18:16 PM

someone else have to set up new testnet, friend of klee doesnt have the time anymore.

we looking for someone who can set testnet up, we need it !

or we should implement AE straight to production.

brooklynbtc

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:19:23 PM

Russia spent $10bn in gold today, just to pump up the ruble.

The bank raised its key lending rate by 150 basis points on Monday to 7 percent in an attempt to stem capital flight.

“We still have lots of room to raise interest rates ... and we can further increase our presence in the currency market,” Yudayeva said in an interview on the Rossiya-24 news channel.

and now look at the price of BTC, rising and taking us all with it because of this

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:23:21 PM

someone else have to set up new testnet, friend of klee doesnt have the time anymore.

Testnet will be available as soon as JL provides a switch in NRS.

Until then, is there somebody?

I would do it but do not have the hardware right now.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:30:49 PM

Hey people,

As you may know I am in contact with a group of people who are working on a complete branding for Nxt to help with the marketing.

I have put together a questionnaire with some questions they have.

I would like as much input on this as possible, so if you want to take the time and help me help them get a clearer picture, that would be great.

There is no "right or wrong" in the questionnaire. If you want to keep your input off the forums, feel free to put it in a PM to me or email it to nxtcoinsNL@gmail.com.

I will compile it and send it to them in a few days. I will also report it in the marketing thread.

Thanks for your help!

Post with questionnaire is here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg5487600#msg5487600

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:31:07 PM

also this helps to protect against domain squatting. thats a really big deal since the person who acquires a domain is the monopoly provider meaning he has the leverage to charge outrageous prices as soon as he knows that someone wants it. if we didnt put a price on it than people would go crazy and reserve every domain imaginable and anyone who wanted to issue an asset would have to pay CRAZY prices. The net effect of making asset registration cheap would be that getting the asset you wanted would be orders of magnitude more expensive than if there was simply a cost for registering to begin with.

*edit* incidentally i really like the idea of having tiers of asset classes. that gives us the best of both worlds.

You're looking at a squatter here. Neither proud nor ashamed to admit it. Ok, maybe a little bit of shame, but I'll take that up with a future therapist if NXT ever goes lunar. Wink

I'm not sure if there are different 'types' of squatters. I've squatted aliases because 1) I see an opportunity and 2) I really have no other feasible way of expanding my NXT hodlings. None of my aliases were registered until after Dec 25, and some of the ones available were amazing.

How long have we been talking about Auroracoin? I registered AUR this morning. Squatting? Or people walking past a metaphorical bag of cash on a street corner? I'm asking this sincerely because I have mixed feelings about registering things I have no plans to personally use. With that said, on anything I have no plans to use, I'd never ransom them for exorbitant fees, or would simply give them away.

I'm torn on the AE fee of 1 vs. 1000. A fee of 1000 will stop people like me from issuing an asset; on the other hand, it will stop people like me from issuing an asset. Cheesy

It will definitely limit the number of assets I will issue (I hodl about 7900 NXT).

Having a fee of 1000 won't stop squatting. Mitigate, but not stop.

The fear, I think, is the people who are squatting will control assets to further their self-interest vs. that of the community/ecosystem. Hopefully, people that do sit on an asset/alias will realize that the strength of Nxt is in their self-interest and act accordingly.
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:33:05 PM

Klee can you give more info? do we need to setup a new testnet from scratch, than what do we need?

or is it just waiting for the switch in NRS provided by J-L

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:37:36 PM

Klee can you give more info? do we need to setup a new testnet from scratch, than what do we need?

or is it just waiting for the switch in NRS provided by J-L
Probably tomorrow (21.35 here) will be ok again - I just don't want we to rely on him because this is very important.
Unless the switch will come soon (end of week) so there is no point in making a new testnet.

Currently there are 2 guys working on it, one IT (he provides us with the server) and a programmer - the problem is with the programmer, so we need someone competent to talk directly (email, skype) with my IT guy!
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:45:02 PM

Probably tomorrow (21.35 here) will be ok again - I just don't want we to rely on him because this is very important.
Unless the switch will come soon (end of week) so there is no point in making a new testnet.

Currently there are 2 guys working on it, one IT (he provides us with the server) and a programmer - the problem is with the programmer, so we need someone competent to talk directly (email, skype) with my IT guy!

sound like something from someone from the infrastructure team, is there someone willing to help here so we can go on with AE?

^[GS]^   ?
chanc3r      ?
ChuckOne    ?
EvilDave     ?
ferment     ?
marcus03    ?
pandaisftw   ?
Secondleo     ?

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:49:54 PM

Issues my pal will look tomorrow (to get an idea):

1)
> if anyone goes online, ask him to open port for API calls plz
> http://holms.cloudapp.net:6876/nxt?requestType=getState doesn't work and I suspect it's coz the port is blocked.

2)
btw, to fix my issue specifically -  edit conf/nxt-default.properties and set nxt.apiServerCORS to true - that should do it

From an earlier request from verymuchso (regarding Offspring testing):
3)

"I would like to continue to use your server for testing and developing Offspring but sadly can't no longer.

Since Offspring uses the java API (0.8.0 and up) and thus can no longer work with the *special* class files you make available at http://holms.cloudapp.net:6874/classes.zip

Would it be possible that you update or make available a version of your class files for version 0.8.0 and up? It would help me a lot in finishing the new Offspring version."
eightspaces

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:50:58 PM

I am soooooo exited. Just now, I managed to forge a 22 NXT block :O

http://www.mynxt.info/blockexplorer/details.php?action=bk&bk=7649876548675003996

THIS IS SO SICK

Well that is ~$1 and you have 219'934 Nxt (~10491 USD) in ur account Grin  

Sick and "exited" => the most unprofitable "coin" ever where forging isnt even an incentive for securing the network...?!?! Grin

Isnt nxt forging completely flawed?
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:51:50 PM

also this helps to protect against domain squatting. thats a really big deal since the person who acquires a domain is the monopoly provider meaning he has the leverage to charge outrageous prices as soon as he knows that someone wants it. if we didnt put a price on it than people would go crazy and reserve every domain imaginable and anyone who wanted to issue an asset would have to pay CRAZY prices. The net effect of making asset registration cheap would be that getting the asset you wanted would be orders of magnitude more expensive than if there was simply a cost for registering to begin with.

*edit* incidentally i really like the idea of having tiers of asset classes. that gives us the best of both worlds.

You're looking at a squatter here. Neither proud nor ashamed to admit it. Ok, maybe a little bit of shame, but I'll take that up with a future therapist if NXT ever goes lunar. Wink

I'm not sure if there are different 'types' of squatters. I've squatted aliases because 1) I see an opportunity and 2) I really have no other feasible way of expanding my NXT hodlings. None of my aliases were registered until after Dec 25, and some of the ones available were amazing.

How long have we been talking about Auroracoin? I registered AUR this morning. Squatting? Or people walking past a metaphorical bag of cash on a street corner? I'm asking this sincerely because I have mixed feelings about registering things I have no plans to personally use. With that said, on anything I have no plans to use, I'd never ransom them for exorbitant fees, or would simply give them away.

I'm torn on the AE fee of 1 vs. 1000. A fee of 1000 will stop people like me from issuing an asset; on the other hand, it will stop people like me from issuing an asset. Cheesy

It will definitely limit the number of assets I will issue (I hodl about 7900 NXT).

The fear, I think, is the people who are squatting will control assets to further their self-interest vs. that of the community/ecosystem. Hopefully, people that do sit on an asset/alias will realize that the strength of Nxt is in their self-interest and act accordingly.

Why should you issue an asset if you have no idea how to use it? Just having an asset is like creating a altcoin without any features.
wakasaki808

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:53:07 PM

http://www.mynxt.info/blockexplorer/details.php?action=bk&bk=7649876548675003996

THIS IS SO SICK

Well that is ~$1 and you have 219'934 Nxt in your account Grin  Sick == the most unprofitable coin ever where forging isnt even an incentive for securing the network...?! Grin

which is why we will see things like nodecoin v2.0 and stuff in the future to give incentive to help secure the network. For the people that want to gain something by doing it.

Forging is a good-deed. I do it because it costs little power and I am helping to do good for NXT.
crypto_girl

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:55:20 PM

THIS IS SO SICK

Sick and "exited" => the most unprofitable "coin" ever where forging isnt even an incentive for securing the network...?!?! Grin

From what I understand it isn't profitable right now but when/if NXT has a similar transaction count as VISA or MasterCard it will be different.
eightspaces

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:55:37 PM

THIS IS SO SICK

Well that is ~$1 and you have 219'934 Nxt in your account Grin  Sick == the most unprofitable coin ever where forging isnt even an incentive for securing the network...?! Grin

which is why we will see things like nodecoin v2.0 and stuff in the future to give incentive to help secure the network. For the people that want to gain something by doing it.

Forging is a good-deed. I do it because it costs little power and I am helping to do good for NXT.

God I dislike forging.  My hundreds of thousands of Nxt earn wizen peanuts in stake as well, my VPS costs me way more to contribute to the network than I can earn. We are just those who host the network for the greedy 50M+ stakeholders forging all the blocks.  I have to rethink this, considering that I really love(d) Nxt.

Fuck forging $0.1-1 with 200000+ Nxt. This is ridiculous.
wakasaki808

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:58:14 PM

THIS IS SO SICK

God I dislike forging.  My hundreds of thousands of Nxt earn wizen peanuts in stake as well, my VPS costs me way more to contribute to the network than I can earn. We are just those who host the network for the greedy 50M+ stakeholders forging all the blocks.  I have to rethink this, considering that I really love(d) Nxt.

remember there are no new coins being minted. Such as those in Peercoin, MINT, etc. where they haven't hit there max supply which is why you gain "stakes". NXT forging is based on transaction fee's that happen in the network. More transaction's being placed = more blocks with 1< NXT inside of it.  Also there is only 2 accounts (based on the blockchain) with more than 50+M NXT, much less compared to the early days.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:58:55 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 08:10:38 PM by Anon136

i never blame people for responding rationally to incentives. if assets were free to register i would probably register as many as i could as well, while still disagreeing with the general premise. its just another example of the tragedy of the commons. my interest is not in blaming people for being rationally self interested, but in crafting an incentive structure where rational self interest leads to outcomes that maximize utility.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 08:12:02 PM

THIS IS SO SICK

You don't get it? Right?

If i had invested 10.000$ into mining hardware i would end up with about 11.000$ bitcoins (if you are lucky Wink ) somewhere in the future with worthless mining rig.
Now i invested 10.000$ (actually way less) and profit from all the appreciation of the currecny. Also i get about 0.5% intrest, all i have to do is run the java applet in the background, it uses near zero resources.

pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:12:16 PM

THIS IS SO SICK

Fuck forging $0.1-1 with 200000+ Nxt. This is ridiculous.

I simply setup my node on a VPS, and I've forgotten about it for a week or so. It's really not that much of an hassle, the devs have done good work to make it really stable (anyone remember the early days?)

Instead of staring at the "Time to forge next block..." timer, I think you'd be better off (and less frustrated) by thinking of bright ideas that will take advantage of features NXT has to offer, like the Asset Exchange.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:12:46 PM

Arurra is good example of how human behave. When they see big "+" on coinmarket they buy even more.

This is something that Nxt users should keep in mind. keeping prices low or negative deliberately doesn't mean people are going to buy more. They buy it when prices are way up in last 24 hours.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Pages: « 1 ... 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: