Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:16:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 [2023] 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761525 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:19:02 PM

That's a hilarious video  Grin
(BCNext the one with the beard?)

Hahahaha, пpoтивныe!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:21:16 PM

Is there any specification on the Pooled Forging that you could make available? As in the API call specifically or how it works?

I'm thinking of it, any proposals?
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:21:44 PM

then how come nobody use them and people don't know about them?

This is actually a fair question. I think the answer is that there are MANY clients, and people generally want a recommendation for ONE. Nobody wants to rally behind one to the exclusion of others, so we arrive at a dilemma.

The key here, sadly, is for the "getting started" tutorials to focus on ONE, and then let people know there are many other options.  Right now, it's a choice paradox: when presented with many great options, people are left unable to make a decision. This is a proven aspect of human behaviour.

Exactly!

I couldn't say it better.

We are too much decentralised if it's about the client.

We need to chose one and make instructions or something. We don't need to call it official.
Just choose one so everyone can post that specific client as first on their website. And if users are interested in other clients, we can redirect them.

It is very confusing right now.

Almost every coin has 1 wallet.

pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:24:17 PM

This is actually a fair question. I think the answer is that there are MANY clients, and people generally want a recommendation for ONE. Nobody wants to rally behind one to the exclusion of others, so we arrive at a dilemma.

The key here, sadly, is for the "getting started" tutorials to focus on ONE, and then let people know there are many other options.  Right now, it's a choice paradox: when presented with many great options, people are left unable to make a decision. This is a proven aspect of human behaviour.

we need a one click installer that installs NRS, java client and userfriendly client!

I ask this since december!

one click install for all please! than we can start promotion

mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:24:46 PM

Exactly!

We need to chose one and make instructions or something. We don't need to call it official.
Just choose one so everyone can post that specific client as first. And if users are interested in other clients, we can redirect them.

Will you be able/available to do it? Who should be in charge of this?
abuelau

Activity: 750

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:27:15 PM

Is there any specification on the Pooled Forging that you could make available? As in the API call specifically or how it works?

I was thnking about 2 options:

OPTION 1:

1) High level API call from account "A" to assign/remove right to forge to account "B" as well as split between prize
2) If block is found then prize is split between "A" and "B" according to agreed split
3) If prize cannot be split (because block had 1NXT and we can't have less than 1 NXT in an account) then what?

OPTION 2:

1) High level API call from account "A" to assign/remove right to forge to account "B"
2) If block is found, then account "B" gets the prize

With option 2 then account "A" needs to trust account "B", as there's no guarantee that they will pay back the prize earned

Comments?

ps.: I'll have to be offline for a couple of hours.

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:27:36 PM

Exactly!

Just choose one so everyone can post that specific client as first. And if users are interested in other clients, we can redirect them.

If community is to point at one client in particular, I would voted for the simplest opensource equivalent to JL NRS working on windows, mac and linux. I mean a general "client for dummy"! Keep it simple for the mass! If people want more features you always have the possibility to point to a list of more advanced client.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:27:50 PM

Maybe mistafreeze and marcus03 could work toghetter to make the 1 click installer!

EmoneyRu

Activity: 600

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:28:05 PM

we need a one click installer that installs NRS, java client and userfriendly client!

Java should not be integrated into Nxt client. No installation that requires admin rights!

Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:30:07 PM

Java should not be integrated into Nxt client. No installation that requires admin rights!

Most people at home have admin right. I see this as a non issue.

EDIT: Of course, it would more interesting to not need the admin right.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:30:39 PM

I was thnking about 2 options:

OPTION 1:

1) High level API call from account "A" to assign/remove right to forge to account "B" as well as split between prize
2) If block is found then prize is split between "A" and "B" according to agreed split
3) If prize cannot be split (because block had 1NXT and we can't have less than 1 NXT in an account) then what?

OPTION 2:

1) High level API call from account "A" to assign/remove right to forge to account "B"
2) If block is found, then account "B" gets the prize

With option 2 then account "A" needs to trust account "B", as there's no guarantee that they will pay back the prize earned

Comments?

ps.: I'll have to be offline for a couple of hours.

It works as in option 2.
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:33:27 PM

for mass adoption:

If average joe must even click one time more to install NXT then install BTC, LTC of whatever other coin.... they will install the easiest one.

so forget mass adoption if it is even 1 click more complicated than other coins for installation.

Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:35:59 PM

Exactly!

I don't see a problem with a private site basically endorsing only one client to keep it clear for new users.
They could still mention the other ones, but could put one client (doesn't matter to me which) BIG on front, so people will mainly go to that one.
These things don't need to be decided by all people. Site owners can and probably should decide this by themselves.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:39:49 PM

Mistafreeze and marcus03,

Do you see any possibility to combine the best of both worlds to 1 installer?

thanks

Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:39:59 PM

I'd personally like to Wesley's web client be included with NRS.
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:41:11 PM

Exactly!

I don't see a problem with a private site basically endorsing only one client to keep it clear for new users.
They could still mention the other ones, but could put one client (doesn't matter to me which) BIG on front, so people will mainly go to that one.
These things don't need to be decided by all people. Site owners can and probably should decide this by themselves.

What average people do;

1. Open Google
2. Search NXT, NXT wallet
3. Click at the first website
4. Download the wallet

Result; NRS wallet appears on their desktop.

5. Cannot install
6. Delete

Aaaaannnd we lost another potential investor in NXT.

So I really think that all the website's should use the same clients.
Maybe even two. One simple client just to make transactions. And another one with full options like AE, Forging, Alias etc.

pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:41:53 PM

would it be possible to make an installer for it, working toghetter with wesleyh?

pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:43:09 PM

Exactly!

What average people do;

1. Open Google
2. Search NXT, NXT wallet
3. Click at the first website
4. Download the wallet

Result; NRS wallet appears on their desktop.

5. Cannot install
6. Delete
7. never look at it again

Aaaaannnd we lost another potential investor in NXT

+1 added 7

Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:43:16 PM

would it be possible to make an installer for it, working toghetter with wesleyh?

All I have to do is include his html files in with NRS. It requires no change at all to my installer.
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:45:52 PM

All I have to do is include his html files in with NRS. It requires no change at all to my installer.

OK,

Wesleyh can you agree on this or do you have plans yourself in this matter, any ETA for that?

thank you

Pages: « 1 ... 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 [2023] 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: