Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:03:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 [798] 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 ... 1549 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DOGE] Dogecoin - very currency many coin - v1.10.0  (Read 3098013 times)
BaronVonBB

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:13:34 AM

Hello Shibes,

I'd like to propose we take Dogecoin a step further with a more serious Dogecoin face/logo on the currency. I know no matter how silly we love to be, we have to take the proper steps if we want to truly reach the moon.

One thing that crosses my mind over and over is the logo. It's great for the fun we are having now. But I don't believe it's a fit for moon territory. I don't want it to be a meme currency that dies off. I want a real adopted internet currency that eclipses all. That's why I'm here, and you should be too. We have to preserve what we have.

We're doing absolutely fantastic so far and I just love this community flourish. I think this proposed Dogecoin face/logo posted below done up in adobe illustrator by a professional would rock the Doge market. It looks strong, it's appealing, it looks serious enough for the real world, and has some serious history in itself.

Below is Armstrong, a true spirit who served, "ten winters as a sled dog—a Sirius record, twice as long as most dogs serve. Armstrong hauled a sled at least 25,000 miles, more than a lap around the Equator." What an amazing achievement. I think about him from time to time. I first learned about him on Reddit. He's got that look that he's seen more moons than you or me combined. Armstrong didn't just go around the moon. He went around the world.

Here is a picture of Armstrong:

https://i.imgur.com/B9zfVEL.jpg

I don't have the computer skills to make an artistic logo, but it could be based off that picture.

Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1x11b1/dogecoins_face_suggestion_serious/

Where I discovered: http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/rtch9/this_dog_has_pulled_a_sled_at_least_25000_miles/

Anyone with the photoshop skills wanna chime in on this?

I also agree with you, I feel if we're truly going to the moon dogecoin needs to stop being mentioned as "it started as a joke, crypto" and move to the next level with your said idea.

Whether the haters like it or not Dogecoin is actually doing things in the communities, helping fund olympic athletes, to service dogs for children, to feeding the poor, etc. No other coin has this going on whatsoever.

If you Google moon or any other alt for instance all you find is pool info, forums, etc.. bullshit really.

Google our little friend Doge and endless pages with media coverage for good causes.

To the moon baby.

Good news! A graphic designer on Reddit just made the matured coin for us. Here you go:

https://i.imgur.com/dAGgVE5.jpg

vs

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/9615315/Dogecoin_large_large.png

Grin

Imagine if I was a serious investor that has real influence on the market. Which logo do you think he would take more serious? It's time for something like this.
mashac

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:26:30 AM

It's not a battle nimwit, it's a coin somebody copied, released and got some good wealthy backers that wanted to make money from manipulating it.

Brilliantly played, but there is a big difference between hating a coin and coming to the logical conclusion that it's a coin that was started as a joke and will end as a joke. Somewhere in between is where I make money by mining and selling to people such as yourself immediately, at or near market.

It's okay to have an opinion on the coin, it's no better or worse than mine, but when you make it into a battle you look mentally challenged.

And try and use some logic when responding to my message, I am profiting off of the coin in great amounts, I want to see it live a long time at these levels, but I'm realistic to know that it won't. Enjoy the ride.

I have my sympathy for your Litecoin, which is dethroned by the doge and will continue to do so..... You guys are ancient dinosaurs, who are afraid of change and unwilling to accept something good.
mashac

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:29:32 AM

There is no real market analogy between a finite coin and an infinitely produced coin. Rarity is a significant part of the equation.

The same goes to the guy above who says that some alt coins are already exceeding litecoin in volume blah blah blah. In the long run they'll be devalued and devalued and devalued, as has been the case with all fiat money versus finite things like gold and silver.

That's not to say that DOGE is a bad coin. On the contrary. If it helps mass adoption and massive amount of people joining the cryptocurrency landscape, then by all means.

Actually DOGE as a troll coin is superb. It's simultaneously money (as are all coins which can be traded for BTC and then $$$) and "non serious". If governments say ban bitcoin (ok they can't, but let's say they try), they will seem incredibly ridiculous hunting ...DOGEcoins. I can imagine paper articles having the stupid dog's face saying "very currency, such wow" etc and "government crackdown on DOGEcoin users" ahahaha... I mean wtf, surreal. And that's why governments are less likely to go that route - so in a sense, DOGE ensures the Bitcoin network. But at the same time it's paradise for mafiozos. Imagine a black money scenario where the money is in DOGEcoins and a mafiozo is arrested. It will be real funny if in the court we see something like "this guy had in his possession 500 million DOGECOINS" looool. In his defense during trial he will say "SUCH CURRENCY... WOW" hahaha, I mean seriously how can a prosecutor convince a judge that a guy did something illegitimate for owning DOG COINS for f sake.

Wow!! such stupid, much ignorant. You are wrong on all fronts, dude.... Grin
greendice

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:36:59 AM

DOGECOIN DICE SITE!

http://doge.greendice.cc/

NEW DOMAIN

CHECK IT OUT!

digitaltradz

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:41:55 AM

links would me nice, yes:)
Here you go - AMD Catalyst 12.1 for Win XP 32bit (should not affect GPU performance even when used on 64b system)
with the mandatory support for OpenCL:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows%20XP%20Professional/Home&rev=12.1
Success!
im using win 8 so the latest i can go back is 13.4:(
Hmm, I thought that Win 8 already included OpenCL support.
Anyways - try this:
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/
i already did that thats why im here
Just a thought, did you try running cgminer in compatibility mode?  Worth a shot maybe.
Predseda4D

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:04:54 AM

After a long time relatively normal view from the "other side". But I disagree with this "only" view.  Grin

As you say, your view is based only on profiting. I have nothing again only profiting. It's your choice and there is nothing wrong with that. Profiting is one side of Dogecoin. And god bless peoples like you.

But i see Dogecoin as two sided coin. One side is called "money" - so profiting, second side is called "fun" - so as you say joke.
These sides of the coin are the opposite but same like Jing/Jang.  Wink

Value of Dogecoin is bound to "fun" side, not "money" side.

When "money" side is growing, then the "fun" side grows more slowly. This then is the reason that "money" side starts to weaken, but the "fun" side will grow faster. Which in turn causes growth of the "money" side. Etc. Etc. Etc.  Wink Grin

It's good to have believers in the coin, however, this coin isn't being propped up by the "normal" investors. Once the group of whales decides they are done, it will only be a matter of time before it tanks. Then when profitability leaves, the supporters fade, miners fade and the lights go out. Maybe Doge will beat the odds with the brilliant move to support it at high levels and get people to buy in (literally) to believing that price point was a good one. Market psychology is fascinating.

Regardless, I think we'll both agree that it is a win/win.. I mine 800k to a million a day, and dump it on the market to people that think the price is attractive. Nobody loses, right? Then when it skyrockets, the people I sold to will be happy, and we'll all live happily ever after.

This is no different than politics or religion, people can't take hearing from the other side of their beliefs, especially when written in their "backyard". I applaud you for actually responding in a very intelligent manner.

Yes, DOGE isn't being propped up by the "normal" investors. But is trying to being propped up by the "small" investors.
And what is bigger? 1 "normal" investor with 1 million USD or 1 million "small" investors with 1 USD? I think it is same.  Smiley
And "small" investors are the people who buy DOGE for tipping. For fun. And tipping is good way how to introduce new peoples to cryptocurrencies.

Yes, it is win/win. In my view even when price dont skyrockets.  Grin  

I am believer. But I especially believe in cryptocurrencies as a whole.
But, of course, in DOGE i tryst.  Tongue  But not only it. I am trying to not be blind. Wink
closesat315am

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:56:27 AM

i am not a fan of changing the logo

DOGECOIN: D6MTLa1aMNHiuSv776FX28RezvhDVPHxFg much wow and thank you
Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:57:25 AM

DOGECOIN DICE SITE!
...blah...blah...
And another candidate for the "Ignore user" button...
I am glad that I could read his post, his font was so small... ;-)

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
Predseda4D

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:20:08 AM

Do you hear about Winter Olympic Games 2014 in Sochi? - YES.
Do you know what Bloomberg is? - YES.
Do you know what Yahoo is? - YES.

OK, here we go.  Grin
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-04/jamaican-bobsledders-ride-dogecoin-into-olympics.html
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/dogecoin-community-helps-send-indian-luger-to-sochi-201725062.html
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5053

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:35:25 AM

Do you hear about Winter Olympic Games 2014 in Sochi? - YES.
Do you know what Bloomberg is? - YES.
Do you know what Yahoo is? - YES.

OK, here we go.  Grin
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-04/jamaican-bobsledders-ride-dogecoin-into-olympics.html
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/dogecoin-community-helps-send-indian-luger-to-sochi-201725062.html

WTF??? http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=33483

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
TenaciousC

Activity: 608

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:08:24 AM

WTF Samsung is planning to run away with our 24 minutes of glory? And why the fuck are those Jamaica bobbers posing for pictures for this, did they sell us out?
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:49:25 AM

so it costs more than $30,000 to send a sledge team to the olympics? holy fucking shit

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:57:22 AM

Is anyone else a little upset/sketched out that there is no cap?  I thought 100bil coins was a fuck ton, but I thought it would be cool that dogecoin was the first coin to cap out of them all.... well come to find out that isn't the case at all.  I feel like this needs to be capped @ what we all thought it was.  I believe the word capped was even used on the OP.

Edit:
I have sold my doges until this is figured out. Such profit!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:59:03 AM

Is anyone else a little upset/sketched out that there is no cap?  I thought 100,000,000 coins was a fuck ton, but I thought it would be cool that dogecoin was the first coin to cap out of them all.... well come to find out that isn't the case at all.  I feel like this needs to be capped @ what we all thought it was.  I believe the word capped was even used on the OP.

Edit:
bye.

it will take almost 200 years to reach a trillion dogecoins. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:04:18 AM

Is anyone else a little upset/sketched out that there is no cap?  I thought 100,000,000 coins was a fuck ton, but I thought it would be cool that dogecoin was the first coin to cap out of them all.... well come to find out that isn't the case at all.  I feel like this needs to be capped @ what we all thought it was.  I believe the word capped was even used on the OP.

Edit:
it will take almost 200 years to reach a trillion dogecoins. 

lol um... ok?

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Cor2

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:11:12 AM

Is anyone else a little upset/sketched out that there is no cap?  I thought 100bil coins was a fuck ton, but I thought it would be cool that dogecoin was the first coin to cap out of them all.... well come to find out that isn't the case at all.  I feel like this needs to be capped @ what we all thought it was.  I believe the word capped was even used on the OP.

Edit:
Too bad...for you.
As discussed many times before, the amount of Doge that will continue to trickle once the 100B Doge are mined is so little - it will keep some miners going and that is required, because without miners there are no confirmations, no new blocks, no transactions - *Then* the coin would be dead (some coins have died from lack of interest by miners, so even if an exchange tried to move coins, there were no more confirmations and everything froze. It is a good thing, not just a little inflation (bringing Doge to more people) but also continue to reward miners. I think it was the right decisions and since there will be no impact on the price of Doge from a little trickle likie that, compared to the current mining rate, I have no problem to HODL my Doge.

Edit: I noticed that this post is on a new page, so I like to honor the old request to place a pic in the post:

Follow the Doge!

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:18:31 AM

Edit:
Too bad...for you.
As discussed many times before, the amount of Doge that will continue to trickle once the 100B Doge are mined is so little - it will keep some miners going and that is required, because without miners there are no confirmations, no new blocks, no transactions - *Then* the coin would be dead (some coins have died from lack of interest by miners, so even if an exchange tried to move coins, there were no more confirmations and everything froze. It is a good thing, not just a little inflation (bringing Doge to more people) but also continue to reward miners. I think it was the right decisions and since there will be no impact on the price of Doge from a little trickle likie that, compared to the current mining rate, I have no problem to HODL my Doge.

Jesus christ you have to be kidding me.

Do you know how many miners it would take to spin the network?

Also 10,000 coins ever minute for EVER... Miners get their dogecoins from the fees from dogecoins moving around. That is why it is important for people to spend/move their coins and dev of the coin is must.  I was under the impression that as the coin neared the cap the fee would go up to help pay the miners.

Edit: Those are cute doges above Cheesy

Cor2

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:25:12 AM

I don't know, I didn't ask him that.

Do you know how many miners it would take to spin the network? Also 10,000 coins ever minute for EVER... Miners get their dogecoins from the fees from dogecoins moving around. That is why it is important for people to spend/move their coins and dev of the coin is must.  I was under the impression that as the coin neared the cap the fee would go up to help pay the miners.
The fee is optional, so there is no way to control how high the fee is and miners may not find they get enough so they collectively stop (switch to mining other coins, like they do all day)
I re-state that it will be a trickle.
10k compared to the 500k now means it will be 2% of today's dilution of the existing coins. That is peanuts and the value will be higher accordingly - as long as Doge is still being used as much then as today, if not more.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:36:15 AM

I don't know, I didn't ask him that.

Do you know how many miners it would take to spin the network? Also 10,000 coins ever minute for EVER... Miners get their dogecoins from the fees from dogecoins moving around. That is why it is important for people to spend/move their coins and dev of the coin is must.  I was under the impression that as the coin neared the cap the fee would go up to help pay the miners.
The fee is optional, so there is no way to control how high the fee is and miners may not find they get enough so they collectively stop (switch to mining other coins, like they do all day)
10k compared to the 500k now means it will be 2% of today's dilution of the existing coins. That is peanuts and the value will be higher accordingly - as long as Doge is still being used as much then as today, if not more.

Yolo your life saving into it then.  If I wanted something that had never ending printing I'd keep it in USD. At least then I can buy a burger or wipe my butt with it Cheesy

digitaltradz

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:57:02 AM

The fee is not optional.  Make a transaction with 0 TX fee in your wallet and you will find out.  The network automatically charges fees and they were set about a month or so ago to prevent micro charges.
Pages: « 1 ... 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 [798] 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 ... 1549 »
  Print  

Jump to: