Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:41:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51488 times)
wedgenix

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:49:00 PM

is there a discord for all of this, I saw someone mention a FPGA discord but saw no link...

https://discord.gg/8hTuqN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:21:47 PM

I just started mining last october, and hooked. my 8 rig gpu was fun, but with forks in the future, and increased comp from asics, the writing is on the wall.
even just 1 of these would do what my rig does, and then some....

Im interested as well..still gotta keep up on all the reading.. so much here, so good.

There is Nothing writen on the Wall. Not at this Time.

There will be new GPUs, probably whole new Kinds of Chips anyway.

You know.....we can not know, what we don't know.
But WHAT we know is, that this Cryptoworld is in its early Stages. Miner like us will be needed, in the Future. Without Mining, no Transfers and no Coins.

Proof of Stake is not the last Kind of Wisdom, neither is Asic.

And sometimes i have the impresson, that there are People, who think, that a private Miner can't buy Asics or Fpgas, or even new GPUs. And we all know, that this is not true.

Bitmain will get serious Competition this Year....and this is only the Beginning. The Prices of Asics will go down by that.....like in every Competition.

And if an FPGA only does half of the Effect on a b-chain compared to that actual Asic.......there is no Asic Domination anymore, because the People will consider economicly....and FPGA has this wider Range and longer Lifepan, because of its Flexibility.

Such a Machine will run, as long as it makes PLUS. And if i can change the Algo, the Plus will be much higher for a longer Time. And this is the Same for GPUs.
 am curious, what kind of GPUs will hit the Market in the Future.
Wrong. Bitmain wouldn't have became a billion dollar company if they can't see the future of mining. They are always one step ahead like a good businessman. They will soon release their own FPGA miners and they have already partnered with Xilinix.
Dhino

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:12:15 PM

I just started mining last october, and hooked. my 8 rig gpu was fun, but with forks in the future, and increased comp from asics, the writing is on the wall.
even just 1 of these would do what my rig does, and then some....

Im interested as well..still gotta keep up on all the reading.. so much here, so good.

There is Nothing writen on the Wall. Not at this Time.

There will be new GPUs, probably whole new Kinds of Chips anyway.

You know.....we can not know, what we don't know.
But WHAT we know is, that this Cryptoworld is in its early Stages. Miner like us will be needed, in the Future. Without Mining, no Transfers and no Coins.

Proof of Stake is not the last Kind of Wisdom, neither is Asic.

And sometimes i have the impresson, that there are People, who think, that a private Miner can't buy Asics or Fpgas, or even new GPUs. And we all know, that this is not true.

Bitmain will get serious Competition this Year....and this is only the Beginning. The Prices of Asics will go down by that.....like in every Competition.

And if an FPGA only does half of the Effect on a b-chain compared to that actual Asic.......there is no Asic Domination anymore, because the People will consider economicly....and FPGA has this wider Range and longer Lifepan, because of its Flexibility.

Such a Machine will run, as long as it makes PLUS. And if i can change the Algo, the Plus will be much higher for a longer Time. And this is the Same for GPUs.
 am curious, what kind of GPUs will hit the Market in the Future.
Wrong. Bitmain wouldn't have became a billion dollar company if they can't see the future of mining. They are always one step ahead like a good businessman. They will soon release their own FPGA miners and they have already partnered with Xilinix.

There is no competitive advantage for Bitmain in FPGA mining. Bitmain main competitive advantage is in developing energy efficient cheap mining hardware. Hardware in FGPA mining is coming from Xilinix and Intel.

Bitrated user: dhinendra.
Andy16k

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 06:47:51 AM

Already sold out!?!?!?!?!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:54:00 AM

how it's possible to have 100x gpu power efficiency? at best it could be 10x and surely lower against the new gpu that nvidia is making, 100x maybe vs the old 970...
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:07:08 AM

i heard its useless at least for now on these x16 forks anyways

btw you cab still buy the board directly frim xlinink and I agree

volta out in a month is 2x more powerful than pastacl , half the tdp

the. vega 20 out next year 3 to 4x more powerful than the current vegas or at least the
rx series with hbm more available too. again half the tdp

remever the current gen of gpu cards are close to end of life production

at 5k a pop i would keep my $$ and wait for volta and vega 20

better yet buy crypto with that 5k and get at leat a double by next year

now if you are a whale or big time miner with stack of $$ sitting on the sideline

a rig of these would worth the risk, I suspect that is who the fpga and asic audience

is anyways
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:07:38 AM

how it's possible to have 100x gpu power efficiency? at best it could be 10x and surely lower against the new gpu that nvidia is making, 100x maybe vs the old 970...

It depends on the algo. But for some, ya, 100x gpu efficiency might be possible. It's usually around 20-50x compared against current high end gpus.

We haven't started taking orders

They're not 5K a pop. We haven't released pricing information yet. Hoping to do so next week. Regarding the rest, I'll wait to see their performance with my own eyes. Everyone was freaking out about the vega thinking it was going to get 100Mh/s on ethereum and 100 Kh/s on cryptonote. Even after all of the optimizations they're still only using like 60% of the memory bandwidth.

Marvell2

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:50:13 AM

It depends on the algo. But for some, ya, 100x gpu efficiency might be possible. It's usually around 20-50x compared against current high end gpus.

We haven't started taking orders

They're not 5K a pop. We haven't released pricing information yet. Hoping to do so next week. Regarding the rest, I'll wait to see their performance with my own eyes. Everyone was freaking out about the vega thinking it was going to get 100Mh/s on ethereum and 100 Kh/s on cryptonote. Even after all of the optimizations they're still only using like 60% of the memory bandwidth.

yeah software for amd cards still needs alot of work, only idiots were expecting 100 mhs in eth we expected 50 to 60mhs we were not too far off.  I’m taking a wait and see approach with your gear but the xilink cards in the other thread are 5k with a 3 week leadtime and supposedly easier to program than yours , 2k or 3k with heavy expertise needed is pretty much a wash with 5k and fire and forget
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:51:18 AM

yeah software for amd cards still needs alot of work, only idiots were expecting 100 mhs in eth we expected 50 to 60mhs we were not too far off.  I’m taking a wait and see approach with your gear but the xilink cards in the other thread are 5k with a 3 week leadtime and supposedly easier to program than yours , 2k or 3k with heavy expertise needed is pretty much a wash with 5k and fire and forget

I'm not quite sure I understand. They're the same card.

Andy16k

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 08:53:07 AM

WHOAH!

I just caught the tail end of this thread but have go a back and read through it all

You're NOT shipping to EU until batch 2??

LAME!
 Sad
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:13:19 AM

WHOAH!

I just caught the tail end of this thread but have go a back and read through it all

LAME!
 Sad

That's been taken care, we're shipping pretty much worldwide batch 1.

Marvell2

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:14:00 AM

not your software smh , the mining software kernels for vega
Andy16k

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 09:34:15 AM

WHOAH!

LAME!
 Sad

That's been taken care, we're shipping pretty much worldwide batch 1.

Hooray!
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:16:03 AM

yeah software for amd cards still needs alot of work, only idiots were expecting 100 mhs in eth we expected 50 to 60mhs we were not too far off.  I’m taking a wait and see approach with your gear but the xilink cards in the other thread are 5k with a 3 week leadtime and supposedly easier to program than yours , 2k or 3k with heavy expertise needed is pretty much a wash with 5k and fire and forget

not your software smh , the mining software kernels for vega

You can use his software on our card. Our card only requires heavy expertise for people wanting to develop for it. For those wanting to use it, it will be a single command with some flags.

It's the same thing (the other software), and more (our software) for less. I think you're just a little confused on that point.

mineroc

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:06:44 AM

Been following the other thread for a while.  Registered because I want one of these boards.  Will you be taking crypto as payment?  What's the expected ETA?
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:41:52 AM

Been following the other thread for a while.  Registered because I want one of these boards.  Will you be taking crypto as payment?  What's the expected ETA?

Go live this week, inc. Crypto.
bswilmington

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:43:10 AM

Currently what is the best setup for this board?

I mostly mine Eth, but do occasionally switch over to RVN.  Would this board be better used as accelerator for Eth hash?  Or currently could it be used for RVN?  Or should I switch coins completely?

Also I have a slot open on board with 1x slot.   Would it be better to install the FPGA into the 16x or 1x slot.  Current board doesn't have any M2 slot, but if it is worth it, I could upgrade.

Sorry you may have answered these. Just so many FPGA chats and discords, they are starting to blend.  I'm currently interested in this one due to pricing and easy of use unlike some of the other boards being released.

I assume this one will come plug and play.  No modifications needed?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:49:45 AM
Merited by P4ndoraBox (1)

Been following the other thread for a while.  Registered because I want one of these boards.  Will you be taking crypto as payment?  What's the expected ETA?

Yes, crypto will be accepted. Expected ETA to launch orders is this week or next.

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:25:33 PM

Update: Anyone wishing to develop bitstreams for release to the boards, please contact me via PM. If you haven't already designed a crypto core for fpga, this doesn't apply to you.

karmakazi_dsm

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:10:41 PM

Looks like the account registration link isn't available from the menu. Here's the direct link:

https://fpga.land/account/register

Registered and very interested in 2+.

I read the whole thread, but still not clear about a couple of things:

1) Will the boards be modded for improved performance in any way?

2) No experience at all with FPGA. Been in IT for a long time and into GPU rig building and mining for a while. Is that enough skill to operate these boards?

Thanks for all of this!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: