Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:28:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51488 times)
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:07:33 PM

We are only able to talk about the work we've done on lyra2z and cnv1

I noticed on your site it says "Power: 75W PCI-E + 150W 8-Pin AUX", so would that mean it'll actually require a max of 225w combined for each card depending on the algo? Or the 150w for lyra2z and cnv1 were already measured as the overall baseline? Trying to figure out how many can fit on my PSU safely without overloading.

Power utilization is determined by the bitstream you're using. You can have a bitstream that uses 5 watts. 225W is maximum power availability, you should build based on 250W-300W to be safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andy16k

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 09:19:41 PM

I noticed on your site it says "Power: 75W PCI-E + 150W 8-Pin AUX", so would that mean it'll actually require a max of 225w combined for each card depending on the algo? Or the 150w for lyra2z and cnv1 were already measured as the overall baseline? Trying to figure out how many can fit on my PSU safely without overloading.

Power utilization is determined by the bitstream you're using. You can have a bitstream that uses 5 watts. 225W is maximum power availability, you should build based on 250W-300W to be safe.

Do if that's the case, does that mean you're likely able to increase the cryptonight hashrate further by using a bit more power or is it limited by other aspects of the card?
areyouathief

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:21:04 PM

Do you or will you support Linux ?
colomine

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:23:45 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 09:36:07 PM by colomine

@senseless,
if a delivery address is in US or Canada, but i pay with wire transfer  from a European bank account, I do not have to pay a European VAT do I?

I'd recommend you pay by crypto.

VAT is due in the country of delivery, what has to be taken into account is the country of delivery (actual shipping adress) and nothing else.

I was recommending he pay by crypto because when I verify his account it's not going to look good.

Why wouldn't  it look good? I just happen to have funds on my account in Germany, whereas my current country of residence, as well as country of tax residence, is Canada. Transfering funds to Canada first will mean I loose on convertation several times. In Canada you can't have an account in foreign currency that you can use for payments. Thus first it will be converted from EUR into CAD then again from CAD into USD when I pay from my Canadian account. Makes no sense.
Paying that much in crypto - i do not know...
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:31:34 PM

Do if that's the case, does that mean you're likely able to increase the cryptonight hashrate further by using a bit more power or is it limited by other aspects of the card?

Our cryptonight hashrates are conservative numbers -- If you'd like to talk about performance aspects a great place is in the discord chat room. There are a lot of developers there not just myself and gpuhoarder. This is a community effort and there are a lot of other developers releasing bitstreams. However, we're not going to use their performance numbers to try to move product.

https://discord.gg/M6CyRh

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:33:04 PM

@senseless,
if a delivery address is in US or Canada, but i pay with wire transfer  from a European bank account, I do not have to pay a European VAT do I?

I'd recommend you pay by crypto.

VAT is due in the country of delivery, what has to be taken into account is the country of delivery (actual shipping adress) and nothing else.

I was recommending he pay by crypto because when I verify his account it's not going to look good.

i just happen to have an account in Germany, whereas my current country of residence, as well as country of tax residence, is Canada. Transfering funds to Canada first will mean I loose on convertation several times. In Canada you can't have an account in foreign currency that you can use for payments. Thus first it will be converted from EUR into CAD then again from CAD into USD when I pay from my Canadian account. Makes no sense.

I understand, and I've recommended you pay by crypto. We still need to make sure these wires are legitimate and not people making phone calls to old ladies and fleecing them of their savings.

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:36:18 PM

Yes, our software will be linux only. We'll have distribution repos for hiveos, smos, and debian. Probably a cent one too, because I'm a cent fan..

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:36:51 PM

when i want to mine x16r,need 2 cards? Huh Huh Huh

As far as I know, no one has made a X16R bitstream

melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:49:09 PM

Yes, our software will be linux only. We'll have distribution repos for hiveos, smos, and debian. Probably a cent one too, because I'm a cent fan..

Would love to have CentOS as well Smiley
TheRealCashen

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:44:48 PM

Are you going to support awesome miner?

Or I should ask, are you going to provide the tools for awesome miner to support this product?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:57:12 PM

Update:

Good news everyone!

A senior analyst at paypal just called me. Had a good long talk with them. We discussed the reasons they're unhappy with our business and possible resolutions to the issues that would allow us to continue. I think we may have some agreeable terms that we can pursue. They're currently reviewing the decision to close the account and may reopen it and allow us to continue. They said they should have a decision for me on tuesday.

So, if we're not sold out by then! Paypal may again be possible.

Thank you to everyone for your understanding about the issues we've been having and for the support we've received. <3

melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:21:24 PM

Update:

Good news everyone!

A senior analyst at paypal just called me. Had a good long talk with them. We discussed the reasons they're unhappy with our business and possible resolutions to the issues that would allow us to continue. I think we may have some agreeable terms that we can pursue. They're currently reviewing the decision to close the account and may reopen it and allow us to continue. They said they should have a decision for me on tuesday.

Thank you to everyone for your understanding about the issues we've been having and for the support we've received. <3

I still don't understand what is the issue for Paypal... You are selling a legitimate product, your customer are purchasing it, it's legal...
What is their legal reasoning for refusing your business ?

PS : will be wiring fund on monday
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:24:11 PM

I still don't understand what is the issue for Paypal... You are selling a legitimate product, your customer are purchasing it, it's legal...

Their biggest issue is that they're pre-orders and aren't shipping immediately. I completely understand where they're coming from. Don't you? But, It should be a simple matter to find a situation that works for them, works for us, and works for everyone else in the community.

My biggest issue was, it's so hard to get the right person on the phone.

lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:45:27 PM

Update:

Good news everyone!

That's awesome hopeful news, It hurts to sell crypto at these lowish prices and pay a capital gains,  to pay for new hardware hence why I decided PayPal would be a better option.  If bitcoin was 12k or above this would be a different story and I would be more willing to offload some crypto for new hardware to manage investment risk.

My payment already processed through my credit card thru paypal,  But paypal is reviewing the seller allmines,  so I hope they do not reverse the charge. I would like to lock in my spot.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:24:13 AM

Their biggest issue is that they're pre-orders and aren't shipping immediately. I completely understand where they're coming from. Don't you? But, It should be a simple matter to find a situation that works for them, works for us, and works for everyone else in the community.

My biggest issue was, it's so hard to get the right person on the phone.

So why do pre-orders?  Why not start accepting payments when you have them ready to ship?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:02:09 AM

Well, that simple matter is called https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_credit . People routinely have been paying that way for importing the produce that haven't even grown yet. I feel weird explaining to the highly educated people what I learned as a kid from the bazaar fruit importer.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:25:36 AM

Well, that simple matter is called https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_credit . People routinely have been paying that way for importing the produce that haven't even grown yet. I feel weird explaining to the highly educated people what I learned as a kid from the bazaar fruit importer.

Companies do not spin up $20M worth of product on extremely limited supply chains on letters of credit. I had to front it, and I can’t front it through August with no concept of demand numbers. This was not a profit taking venture, I’m trying very hard to make sure these cards make it into the community without price gouging that was about to happen.

With out that effort, they would have continued to produce small batches and introduced heavy lead times and price increases. I took the risk off them, everyone here benefits. Simple as that.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:48:21 AM

Companies do not spin up $20M worth of product on extremely limited supply chains on letters of credit. I had to front it, and I can’t front it through August with no concept of demand numbers. This was not a profit taking venture, I’m trying very hard to make sure these cards make it into the community without price gouging that was about to happen.

With out that effort, they would have continued to produce small batches and introduced heavy lead times and price increases. I took the risk off them, everyone here benefits. Simple as that.

I agree with you, but in turn, buyers take a bigger risk with little concept of expectation.  I had to dig deep to get what I now feel is my expectation.  Not saying that it's wrong, just the way it is.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:31:47 AM

I agree with you, but in turn, buyers take a bigger risk with little concept of expectation.  I had to dig deep to get what I now feel is my expectation.  Not saying that it's wrong, just the way it is.

I definitely understand. Let me know what I can do to help anyone feel comfortable.
keksov

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:03:56 AM

It's really great to see FPGAs making a comeback, and in a way that's more accessible to individual miners.

I have some technical questions, if I may;
  • It was mentioned in a previous post that the units will come with encryption keys burned in. I'm somewhat familiar with the IP protection mechanisms of previous generation Xilinx devices, so is my understanding correct that these VCU1525's won't load a bitstream unless it's been encrypted using your key?
  • If the above is true, if for whatever reason you had to cease your operation, or are unable to provide devs with continued access to development hardware, would you release these encryption key(s) and any other secrets to prevent future development work on bitstreams for fielded units grinding to a halt?

Thank you both for all your efforts in this.

Kind regards,
David

Was it answered? It's very important question to my mind...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: