Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:33:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51488 times)
byue

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:50:11 AM

so what are the algo provided for now? all the available minus new one right? also this group buy or whatver is intended for european only or usa only? because there is customs to pay for us

I'm working on EU manuf to deal with the VAT issues. It's not going to be a problem for me to ship worldwide. I shipped a couple of FPGA boards recently internationally. The requirements weren't what I was expecting. But, for EU customers, I'd like to ship from the EU.

No algos are available yet. I believe whitefire will release his first one on 5/30. You'll have to check his thread.

Any way to make it easier to have this manufactured in China and shipped to HK?  Cool

No.  The cards need to be flashed with the encryption keys before they go to the customer, and Allmine/senseless/GPUhoarder are not going to send you the keys...

Of course they are not!  But I don't mind them coming over and I can take care of the accommodation given that senseless might already be within the area (correct me if I am wrong!)  Cool

After we ship we'll plan some sort of service allowing people to pay for shipping to send us their card and have it fused.

I think that's also a good idea, but is there anyway where this can be done remotely, yet at the same time secure enough not to have the key exposed?  (I'm still at the infant stage in-terms of knowledge of the tech)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:53:35 AM

I think that's also a good idea, but is there anyway where this can be done remotely, yet at the same time secure enough not to have the key exposed?  (I'm still at the infant stage in-terms of knowledge of the tech)

Unfortunately not

Jasonbeetle

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:40:34 AM

Unfortunately not

How many cards were sold? Is it a problem to produce more?
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:50:24 AM

Unfortunately not

How many cards were sold? Is it a problem to produce more?
Senseless depends on Xillinx production chain
roc-noc

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:33:54 AM

Godamnit my bank is bloody stupid !
They are saying again something about the Morgan Chase account being an intermediary bank... WTH is an intermediary bank Huh
I gave them both accounts and they cannot do a simple wire transfert outside Europe !!!
Crypto is faster and simpler !

US Banks use ABA numbers to route transactions between banks within the USA. 
Internationally banks use SWIFT numbers to transfer money between banks. (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication)   There are about 11,000 SWIFT member banks (with accounts).

The annual fees to maintain a SWIFT account are fairly high so US banks do not maintain SWIFT accounts unless they have a lot of International business.

So smaller US banks will partner with a larger Intermediary bank (like Morgan Chase) to send or receive international wire transfers.  The Intermediary bank is a middleman and takes a fee to receive money from a SWIFT account and transfer the money to the correct ABA account. 

I receive a lot of wire transfer payments in my business so I maintain an account with a US bank that has SWIFT membership so no Intermediary bank is required in my case.

Good luck with your transfer.     

melpheos

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:15:50 PM

Godamnit my bank is bloody stupid !
They are saying again something about the Morgan Chase account being an intermediary bank... WTH is an intermediary bank Huh
I gave them both accounts and they cannot do a simple wire transfert outside Europe !!!
Crypto is faster and simpler !

US Banks use ABA numbers to route transactions between banks within the USA. 
Internationally banks use SWIFT numbers to transfer money between banks. (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication)   There are about 11,000 SWIFT member banks (with accounts).

The annual fees to maintain a SWIFT account are fairly high so US banks do not maintain SWIFT accounts unless they have a lot of International business.

So smaller US banks will partner with a larger Intermediary bank (like Morgan Chase) to send or receive international wire transfers.  The Intermediary bank is a middleman and takes a fee to receive money from a SWIFT account and transfer the money to the correct ABA account. 

I receive a lot of wire transfer payments in my business so I maintain an account with a US bank that has SWIFT membership so no Intermediary bank is required in my case.

Good luck with your transfer.     

Oh, I see now. Thanks for this information...
ecomining.space

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 01:58:35 PM

fpga.land are sold out! Date for second batch?
melpheos

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:32:18 PM

fpga.land are sold out! Date for second batch?
Maybe 2019, maybe never...
In any case, is it too hard to read the FIRST post ?
06/16/18 - Sales have closed. Register on the website to receive notice of openings for future sales.
Vlado

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:23:10 PM

Check here: https://store.mineority.io/product/fpga/

Kristy-Leigh Minehan (aka OhGodAGirl) has teamed up with GPUHoarder and there is something like 1900+ FPGAs available. At least this is what her store counter says Smiley
d.v.

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:06:37 PM

Kristy-Leigh Minehan (aka OhGodAGirl) has teamed up with GPUHoarder and there is something like 1900+ FPGAs available. At least this is what her store counter says Smiley

I believe she mentioned that Mineority had acquired 2000 units to make available to the public or to run them in-house. Don't quote me, head over to their site and read for yourself.
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:13:25 PM

I believe she mentioned that Mineority had acquired 2000 units to make available to the public or to run them in-house. Don't quote me, head over to their site and read for yourself.

So that's 5000 units + 2000 units for a total of 7000 units going be from xilinx that is going to be on hashing? Wonder how many more there are... hashrates seems like it's going be saturated. Considering some bought from xilinx too directly from whitefire thread.
rem26

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:50:31 PM

So that's 5000 units + 2000 units for a total of 7000 units going be from xilinx that is going to be on hashing? Wonder how many more there are... hashrates seems like it's going be saturated. Considering some bought from xilinx too directly from whitefire thread.

The 2000 units she bought were what was available after the direct sales closed.

There are only 5000 available total, for 2019.  Most of the xilinx model number units (vcu1525) were not in stock at the distributors, as they (up until this) were generally used for prototyping and development, not as an end product.

It will be interesting to see where the hash rate goes, since these can do many algorithims depending on what bitfile is loaded.

i_like_bits

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:26:56 AM

Very interesting, can GPUHoarder or Senseless confirm this?
JimmyChitwood24

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:59:47 AM

They have confirmed it on Discord; it's true.
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:22:35 AM

They have confirmed it on Discord; it's true.

I can’t confirm the exact amount of cards Mineority has available currently, but they did reserve stock early to go through their system and support even more FPGA miners who can’t host the cards themselves. We’ve had some back and forth on when and where stock went to make sure it went to as many people as possible. When sales initially opened they went so quick we opened some of the reserved stock back up to give more people a chance. Now even more people have access through Mineority.

Mineority stock plus direct fpga.land purchases is the full batch - not additional to.
StephdeLyon

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:46:33 PM

about mineority.io sales, i saw on fpga discord that this batch was sold out...

is it true that there are some cards available?
if yes , is it the same august batch Huh

thanks
OurManInHavana

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:49:25 PM

about mineority.io sales, i saw on fpga discord that this batch was sold out...

is it true that there are some cards available?

You'll see the mineority.io link 3 posts up (https://store.mineority.io/product/fpga/) and as of right now they have over 1900 still for sale (either shipped to you, or hosted by them for 1-3 years)
StephdeLyon

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:00:22 PM

thanks, about hosting, interesting because no shipping fees, no electricity and no vat tax to pay for the moment.

but does it mean mineority inject its own bitstreams and mine the better coin to have the better ROI as possible ?
melpheos

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:06:47 PM

thanks, about hosting, interesting because no shipping fees, no electricity and no vat tax to pay for the moment.

but does it mean mineority inject its own bitstreams and mine the better coin to have the better ROI as possible ?

Mineority let you do whatever you want with your cards. So they do not provide the bitstreams nor the miner (AFAIK)
They do not look at it and do not manage it.
It is (according to Kristy-Leigh) purely neutral hosting.

My bad :
This key provides you access to private bitstreams powered by the Allmine Crypto Shell and Squirrels Research Labs technology as well as public bitstreams provided by others in the community
OurManInHavana

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:10:55 PM

You should watch the latest OhGoDAGirl interview done by JMS Vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHlKmrqAufc

It sounds like Mineority will be providing the same bitstreams GPUHoarder+team offer, plus their own, plus others from the community (whitefire990). Honestly the Mineority packages look pretty good: basically pay them $1/day to deal with all aspects of running the cards for you... and you can still choose to run whatever bitstreams you want... and when the plan is done you still own the FPGA and can have it shipped to you.

If only I had more money to throw at this Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: