Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 11:02:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636407 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:47:08 PM

I know all the humans are going to die. My hope is that some bacteria live. We are all just expressions of DNA, so who cares if humans survive? There is only one living creature on Earth and if part of it lives then it will bounce back in just a few million years.
It's all good.  Wink

I thought we were all planning past the Sun's supernova?  NO?  Well are we all planning past the next keystroke?  NO?  Hey, it's all good...  Wink
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4620
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:23:15 PM

Hi All.

Over the last few days I became aware of the 'Technocracy' movement which, if I'd heard of it before, went in one ear and out the other.  Once in a while something which fits a lot of pieces of a puzzle together quite well comes along and it is exhilarating for want of a better term.  This is one of these times.  In my various research I've not been able to put together certain aspects of economy, politics, technology, etc very convincingly though my own thesis about corporatism and fascism came relatively close to the new (to me) information.

I do suggest that those interested in 'carbon' take the time to familiarize themselves with the Technocracy movement which dates back to the 1930's in a fairly tangible way and, at the time, included M. King Hubberd of 'peak oil' fame.  Here's a tantalizing bit of their doctrine:

Code:
 1. Register on a continuing basis the 24 hour-per-day basis of the total net conversion of energy.

2. By means of registration of energy converted and consumed, make possible a “balanced load”.

3. Provide a continuous inventory of all production and consumption. [Scott, Howard, et al, Technocracy Study Course, p. 232]Think: datamining.[

One Patrick Wood has done a lot of work on the Trilateral Commission for decades and gives a run-down of the nature and relationship between this and Technocracy with some convincing documentation of the tie-in (and good info on both subjects) here.  It's a good intro for anyone who is interested, and I suggest that it is highly valuable in understanding the global climate change issues of today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHWrceNajf4

In looking around for more info, I see that one of my perennial favorites, James Corbett, at least claims to have done some work along these lines over the years, and I found an Alan Watt who pointed them out some years ago in general association with the 'new world order'.

There exist a website for Technocracy, Inc which was the formal organization set up in the 1930's and operating at Columbia.  My feeling is that the material presented there is designed to paint a picture of a bunch of long-ago failed losers and incompetent Utopians, and I would be suspicious that this is the goal of the presentations on-line.

My own rejection of whatever we are moving toward currently (which I've identified as corporatism with collectivist marketing) can only end in totalitarianism which I personally fear like the plague...or even worse than the plague to be accurate.  Here is a rather well made post war vid from the Technocracy movement.  I find it fascinating historically.  One can imagine the movements expression at the time being a turn-off to Americans who had just suffered significant losses (and gains which were less obvious to the bullet-stopper classes) due to the fascist movements in Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDX9dyjqimA

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:20:28 PM

Hi All.

Over the last few days I became aware of the 'Technocracy' movement which, if I'd heard of it before, went in one ear and out the other.  Once in a while something which fits a lot of pieces of a puzzle together quite well comes along and it is exhilarating for want of a better term.  This is one of these times.  In my various research I've not been able to put together certain aspects of economy, politics, technology, etc very convincingly though my own thesis about corporatism and fascism came relatively close to the new (to me) information.

I do suggest that those interested in 'carbon' take the time to familiarize themselves with the Technocracy movement which dates back to the 1930's in a fairly tangible way and, at the time, included M. King Hubberd of 'peak oil' fame.  Here's a tantalizing bit of their doctrine:

Code:
 1. Register on a continuing basis the 24 hour-per-day basis of the total net conversion of energy.

2. By means of registration of energy converted and consumed, make possible a “balanced load”.

3. Provide a continuous inventory of all production and consumption. [Scott, Howard, et al, Technocracy Study Course, p. 232]Think: datamining.[

One Patrick Wood has done a lot of work on the Trilateral Commission for decades and gives a run-down of the nature and relationship between this and Technocracy with some convincing documentation of the tie-in (and good info on both subjects) here.  It's a good intro for anyone who is interested, and I suggest that it is highly valuable in understanding the global climate change issues of today.

In looking around for more info, I see that one of my perennial favorites, James Corbett, at least claims to have done some work along these lines over the years, and I found an Alan Watt who pointed them out some years ago in general association with the 'new world order'.

There exist a website for Technocracy, Inc which was the formal organization set up in the 1930's and operating at Columbia.  My feeling is that the material presented there is designed to paint a picture of a bunch of long-ago failed losers and incompetent Utopians, and I would be suspicious that this is the goal of the presentations on-line.

My own rejection of whatever we are moving toward currently (which I've identified as corporatism with collectivist marketing) can only end in totalitarianism which I personally fear like the plague...or even worse than the plague to be accurate.  Here is a rather well made post war vid from the Technocracy movement.  I find it fascinating historically.  One can imagine the movements expression at the time being a turn-off to Americans who had just suffered significant losses (and gains which were less obvious to the bullet-stopper classes) due to the fascist movements in Europe.

just watched Ex Machina, its gonna be a robocracy Tongue

(but still totalitarian)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:42:22 PM

“Our Climate Is Changing 10,000 Times Faster Than Ever In History”…

“Climate change is happening, humans are causing it, and I think this is perhaps the most serious environmental issue facing us.” — Bill Nye The Science Guy

This issue is going to be one of the major storylines of our film, as we follow Bill on his journey to educate, debate and engage about climate change.

Today, we’re excited to premiere a new video of Bill Nye as he makes the case that climate change is undeniable, and that we need to take action.

https://www.facebook.com/billnyefilm/videos/1479584119019387/?fref=nf

-----------------------------------------
SOLD! For 10,000!!!!!!!

"97 going 98% of the world's scientists.."

Cheesy

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:06:22 AM

Hi All.

Over the last few days I became aware of the 'Technocracy' movement which, if I'd heard of it before, went in one ear and out the other.  Once in a while something which fits a lot of pieces of a puzzle together quite well comes along and it is exhilarating for want of a better term.  This is one of these times.  In my various research I've not been able to put together certain aspects of economy, politics, technology, etc very convincingly though my own thesis about corporatism and fascism came relatively close to the new (to me) information.

I do suggest that those interested in 'carbon' take the time to familiarize themselves with the Technocracy movement which dates back to the 1930's in a fairly tangible way and, at the time, included M. King Hubberd of 'peak oil' fame.  Here's a tantalizing bit of their doctrine:

Code:

One Patrick Wood has done a lot of work on the Trilateral Commission for decades and gives a run-down of the nature and relationship between this and Technocracy with some convincing documentation of the tie-in (and good info on both subjects) here.  It's a good intro for anyone who is interested, and I suggest that it is highly valuable in understanding the global climate change issues of today.

There exist a website for Technocracy, Inc which was the formal organization set up in the 1930's and operating at Columbia.  My feeling is that the material presented there is designed to paint a picture of a bunch of long-ago failed losers and incompetent Utopians, and I would be suspicious that this is the goal of the presentations on-line.

My own rejection of whatever we are moving toward currently (which I've identified as corporatism with collectivist marketing) can only end in totalitarianism which I personally fear like the plague...or even worse than the plague to be accurate.  Here is a rather well made post war vid from the Technocracy movement.  I find it fascinating historically.  One can imagine the movements expression at the time being a turn-off to Americans who had just suffered significant losses (and gains which were less obvious to the bullet-stopper classes) due to the fascist movements in Europe.

The youtube video of the old film is rather amazing.  Some of those trends of thought were clearly incorporated into modern totalitarian/fascist/progressive liberal ideas, or as I call it Perverted Authoritarian Liberal Control Freaks (Freakism, in this context).

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:19:50 PM

Hi All.

Code:

The youtube video of the old film is rather amazing.  Some of those trends of thought were clearly incorporated into modern totalitarian/fascist/progressive liberal ideas, or as I call it Perverted Authoritarian Liberal Control Freaks (Freakism, in this context).

"Old is new. New is old."

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:29:18 PM

I know all the humans are going to die. My hope is that some bacteria live. We are all just expressions of DNA, so who cares if humans survive? There is only one living creature on Earth and if part of it lives then it will bounce back in just a few million years.
It's all good.  Wink
The climate changed this morning.  I saw it myself, don't need no scientists.  I know it's our fault and I should pay carbon taxes, but it may be too late.

This really bright hot round thing started to rise up from the horizon.  At the same time the land started getting hotter.  And I calculate that it's really going to get really hot.  Then there will be heat waves and droughts and hurricanes and storms and flooding and ice and no ice and scary bad stuff like drowned puppies.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:07:10 PM

It's all good.  Wink
The climate changed this morning.  I saw it myself, don't need no scientists.  I know it's our fault and I should pay carbon taxes, but it may be too late.

This really bright hot round thing started to rise up from the horizon.  At the same time the land started getting hotter.  And I calculate that it's really going to get really hot.  Then there will be heat waves and droughts and hurricanes and storms and flooding and ice and no ice and scary bad stuff like drowned puppies.

“Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!”

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:40:29 PM

The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here

Historians may look to 2015 as the year when shit really started hitting the fan. Some snapshots: In just the past few months, record-setting heat waves in Pakistan and India each killed more than 1,000 people. In Washington state’s Olympic National Park, the rainforest caught fire for the first time in living memory. London reached 98 degrees Fahrenheit during the hottest July day ever recorded in the U.K.; The Guardian briefly had to pause its live blog of the heat wave because its computer servers overheated. In California, suffering from its worst drought in a millennium, a 50-acre brush fire swelled seventyfold in a matter of hours, jumping across the I-15 freeway during rush-hour traffic. Then, a few days later, the region was pounded by intense, virtually unheard-of summer rains. Puerto Rico is under its strictest water rationing in history as a monster El Niño forms in the tropical Pacific Ocean, shifting weather patterns worldwide.

On July 20th, James Hansen, the former NASA climatologist who brought climate change to the public’s attention in the summer of 1988, issued a bombshell: He and a team of climate scientists had identified a newly important feedback mechanism off the coast of Antarctica that suggests mean sea levels could rise 10 times faster than previously predicted: 10 feet by 2065. The authors included this chilling warning: If emissions aren’t cut, “We conclude that multi-meter sea-level rise would become practically unavoidable. Social disruption and economic consequences of such large sea-level rise could be devastating. It is not difficult to imagine that conflicts arising from forced migrations and economic collapse might make the planet ungovernable, threatening the fabric of civilization.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-point-of-no-return-climate-change-nightmares-are-already-here-20150805

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:37:34 PM

.....The authors included this chilling warning: If emissions aren’t cut, “We conclude that multi-meter sea-level rise would become practically unavoidable. Social disruption and economic consequences of such large sea-level rise could be devastating. It is not difficult to imagine that conflicts arising from forced migrations and economic collapse might make the planet ungovernable, threatening the fabric of civilization.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-point-of-no-return-climate-change-nightmares-are-already-here-20150805

You mean, like, we can cut our carbon use and not have to worry about illegals swarming in?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:51:58 PM

.....The authors included this chilling warning: If emissions aren’t cut, “We conclude that multi-meter sea-level rise would become practically unavoidable. Social disruption and economic consequences of such large sea-level rise could be devastating. It is not difficult to imagine that conflicts arising from forced migrations and economic collapse might make the planet ungovernable, threatening the fabric of civilization.”

You mean, like, we can cut our carbon use and not have to worry about illegals swarming in?

They are swarming in... BECAUSE of Global Warming. That, is too late already.

You see, if you through away your air conditioner, RIGHT NOW (but you have to do it now, time is running out! Call now!) you'll bring multi-meter sea-level down to multi-foot sea-level err... level.

Yuge difference! Yuge!

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:44:45 PM

It's all good.  Wink

Okay, so I've studied this curious bright hot round thing some more.  You're not going to believe this, but here it is.  Every day this thing arcs up in the sky from east to west.  I've checked.  It does not take days off, but for about half of every day it disappears.  It gets much hotter when it can be seen.  It's going higher and higher in that arc each day.  And some quick calcs show that means it's going to get hotter and hotter.  So don't let any one tell you this stuff is garbage.  Don't listen to those stupid Deniers.  The Big Round Hot Thing is going to get hotter and hotter.    So the ice caps will melt and you won't have any snowballs and Eskimos will have to get skinny to look right in binkinis.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:06:28 PM

It's all good.  Wink

Okay, so I've studied this curious bright hot round thing some more.  You're not going to believe this, but here it is.  Every day this thing arcs up in the sky from east to west.  I've checked.  It does not take days off, but for about half of every day it disappears.  It gets much hotter when it can be seen.  It's going higher and higher in that arc each day.  And some quick calcs show that means it's going to get hotter and hotter.  So don't let any one tell you this stuff is garbage.  Don't listen to those stupid Deniers.  The Big Round Hot Thing is going to get hotter and hotter.    So the ice caps will melt and you won't have any snowballs and Eskimos will have to get skinny to look right in binkinis.

There must be a way to control that round thing... But how?

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:24:43 PM

It's all good.  Wink

"And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day." -- Joshua 10:13

Looks like the good book says it's possible.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:32:50 PM

It's all good.  Wink

"And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day." -- Joshua 10:13

Looks like the good book says it's possible.

Too bad the believers won't touch that book. We are the deniers, remember...

Smiley

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:34:43 PM

Doh
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:11:36 PM

GLOBAL WARMING: A $1.5 TRILLION INDUSTRY

POSTED ON AUGUST 9, 2015 BY JOHN HINDERAKER IN ENVIRONMENT

The Climate Change Business Journal has calculated that global warming is now a $1.5 trillion a year industry. The Business Journal’s report is not available for free online, but its findings are reviewed by the Insurance Journal. They are eye-opening, to say the least:

The $1.5 trillion global “climate change industry” grew at between 17 and 24 percent annually from 2005-2008, slowing to between 4 and 6 percent following the recession with the exception of 2011’s inexplicable 15 percent growth, according to Climate Change Business Journal.

The San Diego, Calif.-based publication includes within that industry nine segments and 38 sub-segments. This encompasses sectors like renewables, green building and hybrid vehicles.

One of the most lucrative segments of the global warming money tree is consulting:

That also includes the climate change consulting market, which a recent report by the journal estimates at $1.9 billion worldwide and $890 million in the U.S.

Included in this sub-segment, which the report shows is one of the fastest growing areas of the climate change industry, are environmental consultants and engineers, risk managers, assurance, as well as legal and other professional services.

What is striking about the global warming industry is that its growth is driven more or less entirely by “policymaking,” i.e., government mandates and other policies. This is why “green” businesses contribute so lavishly to the political campaigns of politicians who drink the global warming Kool-aid.

Ferrier believes the [Obama administration’s Clean Power] plan may eventually prove to be a driver of further growth in the industry. That is if the plan withstands any legal challenges from states, industries and entities opposed to it. …

Policy, or the anticipation of new policy, has been one of the biggest drivers of the industry, the report shows.

A survey of those already in the industry conducted just prior to the U.S. economic downturn, while the industry was a peak growth, shows that 53.5 percent of those polled felt that U.S. or state climate change policy development would be a “strong positive” driver of growth in their business. More than one-third felt that policymaking would have a “very strong positive” impact on their growth.

This is why Big Green has become a principal source of funding–since the advent of Tom Steyer, likely the second most important source of funding, after unions–of the Democratic Party. A $1.5 trillion industry that can survive only by relying on the coercive powers of government will inevitably be a major force for statism.

By way of comparison, Koch Industries, which is often accused of funding global warming realism–I think any such funding has been minuscule–has estimated annual revenues of $115 billion, less than 10% the size of Big Green. Exxon Mobil, the largest American oil company, has annual revenues of around $365 billion. That makes Exxon Mobil about one-quarter the size of Big Green. More important, Exxon Mobil doesn’t depend on government largesse to make a profit. It produces commodities that are useful and that people willingly buy. So it has nowhere near the incentive of Big Green to devote resources to influencing the political process.

$1.5 trillion a year will buy a whole lot of scientists, not just in the United States but around the world. With that kind of money at stake, it is little wonder that global warming hysterics would rather “adjust” past temperature data than admit that their models are wrong, and have no skill at predicting future climate.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/08/global-warming-a-1-5-trillion-industry.php

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:28:42 PM

The Climate Change Business Journal has calculated that global warming is now a $1.5 trillion a year industry. The Business Journal’s report is not available for free online, but its findings are reviewed by the Insurance Journal. They are eye-opening, to say the least:

The $1.5 trillion global “climate change industry” grew at between 17 and 24 percent annually from 2005-2008, slowing to between 4 and 6 percent following the recession with the exception of 2011’s inexplicable 15 percent growth, according to Climate Change Business Journal.

The San Diego, Calif.-based publication includes within that industry nine segments and 38 sub-segments. This encompasses sectors like renewables, green building and hybrid vehicles.

One of the most lucrative segments of the global warming money tree is consulting:

That also includes the climate change consulting market, which a recent report by the journal estimates at $1.9 billion worldwide and $890 million in the U.S.

Included in this sub-segment, which the report shows is one of the fastest growing areas of the climate change industry, are environmental consultants and engineers, risk managers, assurance, as well as legal and other professional services.

What is striking about the global warming industry is that its growth is driven more or less entirely by “policymaking,” i.e., government mandates and other policies. This is why “green” businesses contribute so lavishly to the political campaigns of politicians who drink the global warming Kool-aid.

Ferrier believes the [Obama administration’s Clean Power] plan may eventually prove to be a driver of further growth in the industry. That is if the plan withstands any legal challenges from states, industries and entities opposed to it. …

Policy, or the anticipation of new policy, has been one of the biggest drivers of the industry, the report shows.

A survey of those already in the industry conducted just prior to the U.S. economic downturn, while the industry was a peak growth, shows that 53.5 percent of those polled felt that U.S. or state climate change policy development would be a “strong positive” driver of growth in their business. More than one-third felt that policymaking would have a “very strong positive” impact on their growth.

This is why Big Green has become a principal source of funding–since the advent of Tom Steyer, likely the second most important source of funding, after unions–of the Democratic Party. A $1.5 trillion industry that can survive only by relying on the coercive powers of government will inevitably be a major force for statism.

By way of comparison, Koch Industries, which is often accused of funding global warming realism–I think any such funding has been minuscule–has estimated annual revenues of $115 billion, less than 10% the size of Big Green. Exxon Mobil, the largest American oil company, has annual revenues of around $365 billion. That makes Exxon Mobil about one-quarter the size of Big Green. More important, Exxon Mobil doesn’t depend on government largesse to make a profit. It produces commodities that are useful and that people willingly buy. So it has nowhere near the incentive of Big Green to devote resources to influencing the political process.

$1.5 trillion a year will buy a whole lot of scientists, not just in the United States but around the world. With that kind of money at stake, it is little wonder that global warming hysterics would rather “adjust” past temperature data than admit that their models are wrong, and have no skill at predicting future climate.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/08/global-warming-a-1-5-trillion-industry.php

Surprise surprise. It is not about saving little turtles from drowning after all...

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:36:36 PM

Surprise surprise. It is not about saving little turtles from drowning after all...

But I was looking at Moon landing Conspiracy theories and then at 911 stuff - you know those planes really didn't hit those towers and I saw this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOSsIIxQ_dE
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:07:37 PM

nope, its about feedin' em pizzas.

kawabongaaa Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: