Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:15:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636405 times)
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:18:46 AM

Heres our friend again...

Bill Nye Explains The Connection Between Climate Change And Terrorism In Paris

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-nye-climate-change-paris-terrorism_565ccdebe4b079b2818b810b

he is so fkn funny....
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:21:29 AM

Sean Penn Blames Climate Change Denial on Cult-Like ‘Fox Network Thinking’

Sean Penn is in Paris this week for the big climate change summit, and in an interview he took a swipe at Fox News over widespread climate denial.

Now, apparently Penn doesn’t actually believe “climate skeptics” actually exist. He told Bloomberg, “I think there are people who indulge in a culture of what can be reduced to Fox network thinking. That has nothing to do with the politics that apply to the protection of quality of life in any sense.”

He compared it to someone being “a member of a cult” and said he has no interest in engaging with someone like that...

http://www.mediaite.com/online/sean-penn-blames-climate-change-denial-on-cult-like-fox-network-thinking/

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-paris-climate-summit-interviews/

Well, the cult that he belongs to believes that CO2 is pollution and as such harmful to the world. Which brings into question what they´re going to do about all the exhalation going on every day from mice to men and all the other things. Maybe it´ll turn into one of them suicide cults to help solve the problem.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:28:23 AM

Sean Penn Blames Climate Change Denial on Cult-Like ‘Fox Network Thinking’

Sean Penn is in Paris this week for the big climate change summit, and in an interview he took a swipe at Fox News over widespread climate denial.

Now, apparently Penn doesn’t actually believe “climate skeptics” actually exist. He told Bloomberg, “I think there are people who indulge in a culture of what can be reduced to Fox network thinking. That has nothing to do with the politics that apply to the protection of quality of life in any sense.”

He compared it to someone being “a member of a cult” and said he has no interest in engaging with someone like that...

http://www.mediaite.com/online/sean-penn-blames-climate-change-denial-on-cult-like-fox-network-thinking/

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-paris-climate-summit-interviews/

Well, the cult that he belongs to believes that CO2 is pollution and as such harmful to the world. Which brings into question what they´re going to do about all the exhalation going on every day from mice to men and all the other things. Maybe it´ll turn into one of them suicide cults to help solve the problem.

This phrase is worthy of meditating over with giant "OMMMM...." sounds from the startup of a thousand coal plants.

the politics that apply to the protection of quality of life
galdur

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:35:58 AM

They really call freakin carbon dioxide pollution. Don´t take my word for it, look it up. That´s how crazy these cultists are. It must have been a huge blow to those nuts when grains produced record yields last year and are on track for a new high this year. Wheat price is at a 20-year low.

galdur

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:47:55 AM

Have you noticed how the more the world DROWNS in an overabundance of stuff, foodstuffs, energy stuffs all kinds of stuff, the louder all those preachers of scarcity get? And have you wondered who gets those ideas of scarcity in a world that is always supposed to be running out of stuff, into their heads? Who would benefit?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:48:41 AM

They really call freakin carbon dioxide pollution. Don´t take my word for it, look it up. That´s how crazy these cultists are. It must have been a huge blow to those nuts when grains produced record yields last year and are on track for a new high this year. Wheat price is at a 20-year low.
The effects of carbon dioxide can easily be tabulated.  The first order effects would be some slight change in the emission of IR from co2 absorbing sunlight, higher plant growth, possibly some ocean  and fresh water pH level change, and so forth. 

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:36:54 AM

SCIENTISTS TO TURN RELIGION TO GET CLIMATE ACTION...

PARIS (AP) -- The cold hard numbers of science haven't spurred the world to curb runaway global warming. So as climate negotiators struggle in Paris, some scientists who appealed to the rational brain are enlisting what many would consider a higher power: the majesty of faith.

It's not God versus science, but followers of God and science together trying to save humanity and the planet, they say.

Physicist John Schellnhuber, founder of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research in Germany, said he has been coming to these international talks for 11 years and essentially seen negotiators throw up their hands and say "sorry guys we tried our best." And no one protested. But this time, with the power of Pope Francis' encyclical earlier this year calling global warming a moral issue and an even more energized interfaith community, Schellnhuber feels the world's faithful are watching and will hold world leaders accountable.

"They know they will be measured against the encyclical," Schellnhuber, a member of the Vatican's Pontifical Academy of Sciences, said Saturday at a Catholic Church event. Ever the scientist, Schellnhuber said on Saturday he hadn't seen any evidence yet during the first week of negotiations that this will happen, but he has faith it will.

In the first five days of climate negotiations, interfaith activists came, fasted, talked to media, buttonholed leaders and prayed. On Saturday night in a downtown Paris chapel, hundreds of people, many of them prostrated on the ground, sang and prayed for the climate negotiators and mostly for the world.

Faith "is much deeper" than science, said Caroline Bader of the Geneva-based Lutheran World Federation.

And so are their numbers. Bader said interfaith leaders recently handed top United Nations negotiators a petition with 1.8 million signatures begging for meaningful climate action. Such action was also sought by Brother Alois Taize, a Catholic member of the ecumenical monastery, as he was preaching at the song-laden service about how the faithful and the world have to open their eyes to solutions to global warming.

"The environment movement, which has primarily been a secular one, has realized that over the last 30 years or so it's not been that successful in achieving its goals," Joe Ware of Christian Aid wrote in an email from the Paris talks. "Increasingly it has looked to faith groups for help in mobilizing a broader movement of people calling for action on climate change. They are actually natural allies as almost all faiths have a theology of creation care at their heart."

Scripps Institution of Oceanography scientist Veerabhadran Ramanathan, a non-Catholic who advised Pope Francis on climate and is on the pontiff's science academy, says he thinks this new alliance will play a major role in what he hopes will be a historic agreement.

But for Ramanathan, now a member of the Holy See's delegation to the climate talks, it's more than science or history. About four years ago he had a moment that he called "a revelation."

He was presenting a paper on glacier melt to the scientists at the pontifical academy. It was academic and laid out the conclusions in cold hard facts. But then the chancellor to the academy, a bishop, added one sentence to the end: "If we want justice and peace, we must protect the habitat that sustains us."

It was quickly agreed to and Ramanathan started to look at climate science not as an academic issue but an issue of justice, because those who are hurt the most by climate change are the world's poorest 3 billion. He started volunteering, working with the poor and examining his own consumption habits, like how much he drives.

Bishop Marcelo Sanchez Sorondo, chancellor of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, said Pope Francis' encyclical Laudato Si is less about ecology than morality and fairness.

"Climate change is a global problem with serious social, environmental, economic, distributional and political dimensions, and poses one of the greatest challenges for humanity," the bishop said Saturday. "The poor populations are the most severely affected even though they are the least responsible."

Pope Francis, called a rock star by young religious climate activists, was not in Paris. But as he spoke to faithful in St. Peter's Square Sunday he appealed to those deciding on climate change measures to show courage by also fighting poverty, saying "the two choices go together."

He asked for prayers so that those making decisions on climate measures receive "the courage to always use as their criterion of choice the greater good of the human family."

Marcia McNutt, a former U.S. Geological Survey director and Science magazine editor who is about to become the head of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, can't say enough about the importance of the pope's message.

"You can argue the science until cows come home, but that just appeals to people's intellect," McNutt said. "The pope's argument appeals to someone's heart. Whenever you appeal to someone's heart that's a much more powerful message."

In some ways, the enlisting of the faith movement is a sign of scientists' desperation, but it's also a realization of the need for a moral revolution on climate, said Ramanathan, who actually briefed the pope on climate in a parking lot.

The world will not act enough on climate change, Ramanathan said, "until we teach this in every church, every mosque, every synagogue, every temple."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_CLIMATE_COUNTDOWN_GOD_FACTOR?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-06-15-15-25

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:42:07 PM

SCIENTISTS TO TURN RELIGION TO GET CLIMATE ACTION...

Bishop Marcelo Sanchez Sorondo, chancellor of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, said Pope Francis' encyclical Laudato Si is less about ecology than morality and fairness.

I was just watching a video on him....World Deems Pope as Noah

Matthew 24:37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Noah was telling people, look you have to prepare, a flood is coming.

Pope Francis is telling people, look we need to stop this, a flood is coming (glaciers melting from Global Warming). Of course God told us, the rainbow was a sign there would never be a worldwide flood again, just another instance of him not listening to the bible.

From the National Catholic Reporter: Francis: World close to suicide over climate change

The person in the video is claiming that the US will institute a law where you can't worship/rest on Saturday (the Sabbath) and have to rest on Sunday (the day of the sun-god that the Catholic Church worships). I don't know about that, but I do know that the pope has tied the two together.

From Pope Francis' encyclical Laudato Si, that they mention:

"It protects human action from becoming empty activism; it also prevents that unfettered greed and sense of isolation which make us seek personal gain to the detriment of all else. The law of weekly rest forbade work on the seventh day, “so that your ox and your donkey may have rest, and the son of your maidservant, and the stranger, may be refreshed” (Ex 23:12). Rest opens our eyes to the larger picture and gives us renewed sensitivity to the rights of others. And so the day of rest, centred on the Eucharist, sheds it light on the whole week, and motivates us to greater concern for nature and the poor."
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:48:21 PM

Video: Obama Asks Americans To "Call Out The Climate Change Deniers"

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed." Adolf Hitler. It is scary to see how sick our country has become.

https://www.barackobama.com/climate-change-deniers/#/

I seriously couldn't upload this picture to imgur.com (even though I can upload other pictures, and this one obviously works), I wonder if they can tell where I got it from and are censoring it.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed." Adolf Hitler. It is scary to see how sick our country has become.

I seriously couldn't upload this picture to imgur.com (even though I can upload other pictures, and this one obviously works), I wonder if they can tell where I got it from and are censoring it.

wow.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:58:38 PM

I do not believe that Global Warming exists from Carbon Dioxide. There are many other ways that Global Warming can be produced. I think there may be Global Climate Change. But, the idea of it being formed by carbon dioxide is a terrible one! Why did scientist put this hypothesis ahead around two decades ago and have still not been able to prove it? When it is provedn by 20 different scientists from each of the 7 continents, then I will believe that global warming exists, when each scientist has produced 100000 pages on their experiment, how they cam up with it, the affects of global warmings and calculations for when "THE WORLD WILL END!"
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:01:08 PM

wow.

I was able to do it!
Don't know where you had a problem. But it was fine to do it on mine!
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:26:51 PM

wow.
I was able to do it!
Don't know where you had a problem. But it was fine to do it on mine!

It might be because I had named the file obama on my computer at first. I tired to change names but it still wouldn't let me upload it. I notice they give me errors depending on file names a bit nowadays. I just rename them then. But this one I tried about 4 or 5 times. Oh well.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:07:22 PM

So what's the game here?  Logon and let your propaganda masters tell you who is a "Denier" and then "call them out?"

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:31:43 PM

So what's the game here?  Logon and let your propaganda masters tell you who is a "Denier" and then "call them out?"

Pretty much.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:32:27 PM

That picture I drew and posted to the FE thread a few hours ago took me 40 min to upload. I finally gave the AI the run-around and got it in but it was tricky.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

That picture I drew and posted to the FE thread a few hours ago took me 40 min to upload. I finally gave the AI the run-around and got it in but it was tricky.

Try http://postimage.org/ next time.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:41:42 AM

Climate Skeptics on ‘historic’ UN treaty: ‘Does this mean we never have to hear about ‘solving’ global warming again!?’

Climate Depot's Marc Morano: 'Now that the United Nations has officially 'solved' man-made global warming, does this mean we never have to hear about 'global warming' fears again!? Does this mean we can halt the endless supply of federal tax dollars funding 'climate change' studies? Does this mean we can stop worrying about 'global warming's' ability to end civilization and cause wars, and increase prostitution, bar room brawls, rape, airline turbulence, etc.? Can we finally move on to other issues? I spent the last week in Paris marveling at how so many believe a form of modern witchcraft: That a UN agreement or EPA climate regulations can alter Earth's temperature and the level of storms. But now I realize that if they truly believe the UN has solved 'climate change' even skeptics should rejoice! Now that the UN treaty has 'solved' global warming, can we all just move on to something else?'

http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/12/12/climate-skeptics-on-historic-un-treaty-does-this-mean-we-never-have-to-hear-about-solving-global-warming-again/

SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:11:36 AM

Global tax to help fund a global government...the beginning of the end
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:45:25 PM

Climate Accord Is a Healing Step, if Not a Cure

"...Scientists who closely monitored the talks here said it was not the agreement that humanity really needed. By itself, it will not save the planet...."

The one world religion of Revelation may very well be Gaea (Mother Earth) worship, because they have got the world afraid of the earth dying, and now you need to sacrifice for her. You must pay your tithe to her in the form of of carbon emissions taxes etc. Good luck with that.
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: