Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:54:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381501 times)
mightyMight

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:00:36 AM

I liked the original plan to distribute much of the Skycoin to mesh node operators, since this is an effective way to replace mining for mass distribution of the coin with the great improvement that unlike Proof of Waste mining, the mesh networking actually provides something of value, and in this case, is a great way to overcome the chicken and egg problem to mass adoption by building out the mesh infrastructure with viral adoption.

How ready is the meshnet?

I tried some of the mesh code, it ran but i did not saw any connects. Also no feedback here so far about them. Skynode itself seems to run smoothly. The wallet was a bit laggy on my side.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
enzeperix

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:50:33 PM

@skycoin, bro, why don't you try to solve the distribution problem then focus on the development ? In this way you will have enough money to hire new devs to help you and move things faster. also this would boost the marketing because the investors would be incentivised to talk about this project wherever they hang out (forums, slack, twitter, fb, real life, afterlife etc.). BTW how many devs are actively working on this ? I can say I have a little tech background as I worked as Linux support engineer for an IoT service and I am really impressed about Skycoin although i don't understant it completely. For me seems to be a big leap forward in blockchain technology.
 This is my opinion . I wish you all the best and good luck with your project!
skytaper

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:33:01 PM

@skycoin, bro, why don't you try to solve the distribution problem then focus on the development ? In this way you will have enough money to hire new devs to help you and move things faster. also this would boost the marketing because the investors would be incentivised to talk about this project wherever they hang out (forums, slack, twitter, fb, real life, afterlife etc.). BTW how many devs are actively working on this ? I can say I have a little tech background as I worked as Linux support engineer for an IoT service and I am really impressed about Skycoin although i don't understant it completely. For me seems to be a big leap forward in blockchain technology.
 This is my opinion . I wish you all the best and good luck with your project!

I would support this opinion. For the time being Skycoin is way too centralized and authoritarian. Just make it clear and transparent. It's crucially important to make people know about Skycoin before bitcoin goes real mainstream... Steady distribution for meshnodes is the best idea possible.
 I think you might invite some of your forum audience to join the team. Strangely marketing part is the weak side right now.
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:24:58 AM

thank you skycoin dev,

thank you for your post on Qtum, i brought some because of you!

i made 20 times profit on Qtum because of you!

thank you so much!

this is the best ico of 2017!

people are making 10 times and 20 times profit now and very big volume now.

where is the FUDs

i think all the fuds people brought the ico and they are holding Qtum token now.
 Smiley

also some big volume too

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/volume/24-hour/

what will happen when Qtum release?

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:30:41 AM

- https://qtum.org

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

I won't trust dev that promoting qtum-SCAM.....

thank you skycoin dev!

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:33:09 AM

skycoin make his own decision! he is smart and never listen to the fud.

i will buy some skycoin to show my support, same time i am holding all my Qtum !

Quote from: skycoin on March 16, 2017, 04:54:31 PM

- https://qtum.org

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

I won't trust dev that promoting qtum-SCAM.....

I have not looked at qtum's code.

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I think they will get closer to the goal, but only get there part way
- thin client for smart contracts (major limitation for existing system)
- moving smart contracts onto UXTO (major milestone)

I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

Ethereum tries to be both a token and a computer.
- we started with pure tokens (Bitcoin)
- then we added a computer to the tokens (Ethereum)
- now we just trying to figure out how to build  pure computer on UXTO
- Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"

Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:35:21 PM

i hope skycoin have a big success!

running farm worldwide
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:06:03 PM

Is this the skycoin thread or the qtum thread?
skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 02:09:00 PM

You can not complain that someone else will be marketing cheat money, which is your weakness, you should all learn. You advocate the set of political say that the right to monopoly, I think you are the same, you now hold 94% of the skycoin, the market value of nearly 100 million dollars, you are a person's currency, no community, you are the owner.

This statement is more truth than I have read throughout this thread. It is exactlly correct.
I'm sure it will be hard even impossible in crypto threads to find so many posts by the dev's about the corrupt things that exist in the world. Then when given the chance to initiate their own creation of money create the distribution that gives them virtually complete control over the money supply.
This is absolute hypocracy to the highest degree.

We are going to have a fair distribution. We are just not rushing recklessness into it.

We might sell 10% or 15% of the coins and get distribution up to 20% in the next round. However, not sure yet.

Right now, we are just struggling with development, bug fixes, getting marketing materials together. The distribution problem can only be fixed over time.

We also need to save coins for the meshnet and distribution to community. As long as the inflation from the new coins entering the market, is less than the growth rate of the community, then it will not put downward pressure on the price. So having those applications and the user community is a requirement for any type of large distribution plan.

>This is absolute hypocrisy to the highest degree.

Distributing too many coins too early, causes more problems than it solves. It wont stop people from complaining either. No matter what we do, there will always be a loud minority complaining that we should have done something else.

Right now, people are trying to buy Skycoin and we have to choose between
- do we put more coins on to the market (so that people can buy in at a low price)
- do we keep the supply tight and allow the price to increase

The first option benefits people who do not own coins or who want to acquire a large position and benefit from future appreciation (new users).

The second option benefits people who already own coins (existing users) but at the expense of new users.

So easiest thing is to do nothing and just focus on development.

We will have another distribution, where people can buy coins without moving the price on the market. After the marketing materials and infographics are done.

This should stop the people complaining that they cannot buy coins happy (which is really the issue). As soon as people own enough coins, they stop complaining that we are not selling enough coins and they start demanding we restrict supply and allow the price to go up...

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 05:41:04 PM

Airdrop is a bad idea since there's no way to prevent people from claiming multiple slots while maintaining anonymity. Best idea is to make distribution part of the protocol to reward those who support the network by running nodes and other sky services. How this could be implemented as an automatic part of the protocol is what we should be discussing. Ultimately its up to skycoin dev and I trust they will make a fair decision.

Yeah, I think that's the best approach.

Issue is how long it takes to complete the full distribution, as long as the dev has bulk of the coins most investors will look elsewhere. After all these years the main issue is 'when', not 'how', the window for Skycoin to make top 20 is smaller than some here may wish to think about. Good tech dies on the grapevine sometimes, could be the fate of Skycoin if the distro isn't completed asap.

Skycoin has the first new consensus algorithm since PeerCoin.

We are working on the distribution issue. We cannot just dump 40% of the coins overnight. We have to do a lot of marketing, write white papers, line up exchange listings, fix bugs, schedule two months advance with the ICO website, make videos. Its going to take at least six weeks before we are ready for another coin sale.

"Distributing the coin" really means selling 30% of the coin, to three whales for 800 BTC each, before the coin gets listed on Bitfinex and Poloniex. Last ICO, no one bought any Skycoin for weeks, then one guy bought 1/3rd of the ICO in under 5 minutes like a bandit (despite per account purchase limit), then rest of ICO sold out almost at once, despite the ICO running before that for over a month. Then sells out as soon as it started finishing and everyone complained about not being able to buy coins because it was too quick.

If we actually sold 20% more of the total coins, then it will end up going to the three whales who are trying to buy 800 BTC from us OTC.... Then when the coin lists on Bitfinix and Poloniex, they are going to dump the 800 BTC  of coins they bought for at least 5000 BTC. And then pat themselves on the back.

We have to ask ourselves what we are trying to accomplish by distributing coins at all.

Fairness does not exist in real life. Even if we distribute more coins to create the appearance of fairness, it still wont be a reality.

The reason these ICOs all sell out, in under 4 hours is because the investors are all lined up ahead of time and its like 4 people and they know the coin is going to get listed on Bitfinex and Poloniex. They cant lose money.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 05:45:18 PM

I now there is a ot of work going on but there was a statement concerning long-time follower and a possible buy option.

is there any news about that ?

Oh.

We are supposed to have allocation for anyone who posted on the skycoin thread to buy at an ICO price, some nominal amount.

I think we forgot about that. I do not know who was supposed to implement it and everyone was too busy and forgot. Someone was supposed to message everyone on the thread, with some token they could use.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 05:57:53 PM

The best coin ever developed is still barely traded while scams of all sorts are highly demanded... Mad mad world ) 

No worry  Wink . In the meahnwhile buy as much as u can!

We dumbed down the message into 5 second sound bite, "Skycoin. First new consensus algorithm since PeerCoin"

And then started shouting that from the roof and the price has already gone up 50%.

"Bravo has electrolytes.", "Bravo has what plants crave!".

---

I want to run troll banner ads and then track what percentage of people buy the coin vs real ads

"Skycoin blocks have 50% more free!"

"Skycoin blocks are 200% bigger"

The "big and fast" blocks campaign.

---

Its very difficult to distill the marketing down into simple messages.

Korean

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:58:35 PM

I now there is a ot of work going on but there was a statement concerning long-time follower and a possible buy option.

is there any news about that ?

Oh.

We are supposed to have allocation for anyone who posted on the skycoin thread to buy at an ICO price, some nominal amount.

I think we forgot about that. I do not know who was supposed to implement it and everyone was too busy and forgot. Someone was supposed to message everyone on the thread, with some token they could use.

What would the rate be?
hannusolo

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:08:18 PM

So what is the current state of meshnet development?
On the roadmap 2017 Q2-Q3 was written for ETA, any more details on top of this?
Korean

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:36:17 AM

The best coin ever developed is still barely traded while scams of all sorts are highly demanded... Mad mad world ) 

No worry  Wink . In the meahnwhile buy as much as u can!

We dumbed down the message into 5 second sound bite, "Skycoin. First new consensus algorithm since PeerCoin"

And then started shouting that from the roof and the price has already gone up 50%.

"Bravo has electrolytes.", "Bravo has what plants crave!".

---

I want to run troll banner ads and then track what percentage of people buy the coin vs real ads

"Skycoin blocks have 50% more free!"

"Skycoin blocks are 200% bigger"

The "big and fast" blocks campaign.

---

Its very difficult to distill the marketing down into simple messages.

No disrespect intended. I appreciate your hard work. But you treat potential investors like shit. I remember posting about reserving a spot in IPO. I even set up a Bit Message and sent a confirmation. I had my BTC ready and was waiting. Then you disappeared for a few weeks. Then you wrote a long paragraph. Then you disappeared for many weeks without replying to the people that want to send the money to you. At the same time the price of IPO got more expensive, BTC price got higher and higher. It's really frustrating. You disappear for many weeks at a time and we pay the price with higher BTC price
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 09:21:07 AM

No disrespect intended. I appreciate your hard work. But you treat potential investors like shit. I remember posting about reserving a spot in IPO. I even set up a Bit Message and sent a confirmation. I had my BTC ready and was waiting. Then you disappeared for a few weeks. Then you wrote a long paragraph. Then you disappeared for many weeks without replying to the people that want to send the money to you. At the same time the price of IPO got more expensive, BTC price got higher and higher. It's really frustrating. You disappear for many weeks at a time and we pay the price with higher BTC price

I cant control the Bitcoin price. Every time we do an ICO, some event happens, like
- all the bitcoins in the Chinese exchange are frozen for four months
- or the price goes from $1000 to $3000
- Bitmessage gets hit by DDoS attack and stops working
- Bitcoin goes from $300 to $850
- Skycoin should be pegged to Bitcoin, but its not because the C2CX order book only have SKY/Yuan support and not SKY/BTC support
- etc

---

The reason it took weeks to respond to the bitmessage, was because sometimes it takes three months for messages to be received on Bitmessage.

And normally we resolve the issues quickly. We had several dozen people who had problems and could not get into the ICO and we had to do those by hand. And we have a community manager on telegram now and C2CX handles some types of customer support problems.

Korean

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:26:21 AM

Is it too late to IPO? I did not know there was manager for Telegram now
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 09:29:13 AM

So what is the current state of meshnet development?
On the roadmap 2017 Q2-Q3 was written for ETA, any more details on top of this?

If we are only talking about a mysterum type VPN, like this
- https://mvp.mysterium.network/

Then this could be part of next two months.

We have to determine what scope is for deliverables for next two months and the marketing plan. The VPN is just a useful toy to hold people over. We need to get one more developer and a build engineer and we could have it on the website fairly quickly.

However,
- distributed social media (this is also almost done or working now, but last 10% is 90% of the work because of bug fixes and usability)
- new wallet
- trading bot (for keeping the markets synced)
- skycoin messaging protocol (needed for internal use, not for user centered app)
- QA issues (bug fixes, new wallet builds)
- consensus integration and consensus explorer
- massive marketing and communication backlog, that is only getting done slowly

We have to choose the scope and determine what we will get done in the next two or three months.

I think
- release first version of BBS (toy, start of multi-phase project)
- release first version of VPN/Skywire (useful toy, start of multi-phase project)
- marketing materials (infographics, storyboard, video, educational materials)

Those are the three important and high priority things.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 09:30:58 AM

Is it too late to IPO? I did not know there was manager for Telegram now

I have your bitmessage message and it did not arrive for five weeks after you sent it. Since you messaged on bitmessage and there were problems there, can back date the ICO order for you. What is the best messaging method.

hannusolo

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:42:26 AM

Thanks for your answer, I'm looking forward for this whole ecosystem's development!
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: