Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:02:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907162 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:15:35 PM

Neat;

Western Union:  Hello David, could you please send us a private message that includes detailed information on why you suggest BitCoin to be examined? Tell us about your experience, we will be more than glad to help you.

Um, what do I say?

Tell them it is an option they should explore for international money transfer.  Tell them it has the potential to save them millions of dollars compared to bank transmission and forex fees.  Also, tell them to put ATMs in all their stores.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David Rabahy

Activity: 709
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:22:16 PM

I send them the following private message;

Bitcoin *might* be an option to explore for international money transfer.  It might have the potential to save millions of dollars compared to bank transmission and forex fees.  Also, Bitcoin ATMs in stores could be very handy.
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:24:13 PM

I send them the following private message;

Bitcoin *might* be an option to explore for international money transfer.  It might have the potential to save millions of dollars compared to bank transmission and forex fees.  Also, Bitcoin ATMs in stores could be very handy.
Replace 'might be' with 'is'. If you want to sell something you should believe in it yourself as well.
David Rabahy

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:39:19 PM

Western Union:
And how could Western Union help you in regards this, is there something we can do for you?

David Rabahy:
Personally I am just promoting Bitcoin.  I see a tremendous opportunity for Western Union to take advantage of Bitcoin.  What I would like is for Western Union to examine Bitcoin and see if it makes sense to take advantage of it.  I know a lot about Bitcoin and would be delighted to share my knowledge.
David Rabahy

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:49:19 PM

Western Union:
Thanks for the advise David. Due to our policy, advertising BitCoin through our page will not be appropriate, our Sales Team constantly review our market and I am sure they will get to know about your suggestion in the future.

Thanks again for taking some of your valuable time to share this with us.

... and with that they took down my posting on their wall.

David Rabahy:
Hmm, it wasn't my intention to advertise Bitcoin but I can see where it might have looked like that.  Can you help me connect with your Sales Team?
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 08:53:49 PM

I think there is a demand for a good bitcoin escrow service, if WU is smart, they step in here.

it is technologically possible to have a trustless escrow service where both parties have to agree to release the funds and otherwise they are locked up forever. it's just a matter of software.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
David Rabahy

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:58:30 PM

I wonder why searching the business WU website for Bitcoin leads to http://business.westernunion.com/resource-center/fx-101/hedging/?
threecats

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:41:57 PM

That Western Union response ....

Sorta sounds like the dinasaurs shortly before the giant rock hit the planet.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:46:03 PM

I'm all for boosterism, but in keeping with rpietila's original intent, perhaps we should move topics unrelated to speculation on price trajectory elsewhere?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:55:06 PM

The current pennant has failure-to-breakout written all over it.  Leg down coming up.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
eiprol

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

bitarchitect

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:07:02 PM

Sorry for my newbie question about TA, but I'm not very familiar with Elliot Wave analysis... and after reading all the threory, and seeing again and again here that we are at the end of ABC, I'm not able to come to the same conclusion as you watching the charts (this is being on C of ABC, isn't it?). Could anyone give me a hint on it, like which interval chart should I look to, or some graphic example from tradingview related to this exact moment of the wave?  Roll Eyes

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:08:22 PM

The current pennant has failure-to-breakout written all over it.  Leg down coming up.

You think it's going to break down to 500 on Stamp without news?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:18:16 PM

Without discussing targets, we certainly don't need news to make a big down move at this point.

Frankly, I am more or less ignoring news and China. This has worked well for me recently.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:20:41 PM

Without discussing targets, we certainly don't need news to make a big down move at this point.

Frankly, I am more or less ignoring news and China. This has worked well for me recently.

I think most of the time news follows sentiment, not creates it. However, during this rally only at 1240 and again 2 days ago did the market drop without "some" news. Both times it was severely over bought.

It is not over bought right now. Which makes me think there would have to be a trigger to send it down fast. Am I wrong about this?
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:23:21 PM

I don't have a very strong opinion about the duration or strength of the next leg down.  It could be very minor.  A lack of coins on Mt. Gox would be the main obstacle to downward movement right now.

When you can't get fiat back, you had might as well go all coin, eh?  Forced hodling.  It probably saves most of their clients from a lot of losses.

windjc
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:24:57 PM

The current pennant has failure-to-breakout written all over it.  Leg down coming up.

I don't have a very strong opinion about the duration or strength of the next leg down.  It could be very minor.  A lack of coins on Mt. Gox would be the main obstacle to downward movement right now.

When you can't get fiat back, you had might as well go all coin, eh?  Forced hodling.  It probably saves most of their clients from a lot of losses.

In a post you made in this thread earlier today, you said you expected a pretty straight breakout to $500 on Stamp.

It seems like this would be the time for it?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:48:12 PM

I think most of the time news follows sentiment, not creates it. However, during this rally only at 1240 and again 2 days ago did the market drop without "some" news. Both times it was severely over bought.

It is not over bought right now. Which makes me think there would have to be a trigger to send it down fast. Am I wrong about this?
We don't need to be overbought. If we were overbought while making lower highs (eg from 765), I'd probably take it as a bullish sign. And I think while extremely negative news could trigger a sell off, so could exhaustion of buying pressure. Really, the trigger itself is someone trying to force a sell off into weak buying pressure. Whether this actually could initiate a sell off is the question. Looking at the strength of CMF and volatility indicators on this last bounce, I'd be hesitant to say we are ready for a strong down move yet. I think we bounce around a bit first. More consolidation. But my position remains -- down before re-testing highs.
telemaco

Activity: 371

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:13:35 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 12:24:39 AM by telemaco

Hope this Pdf is interesting for you regarding Western Union position and an interesting analysis of Bitcoin and other electronic currencies.

2013 Consumer Protection &
Compliance Conference
Emerging Risk of Digital Currency

https://events.westernunion.com/WUComplianceConference/presentations/2013/EmergingRiskofDigitalCurrency.pdf

Seems they are doing their homework

After a thorough study. Their conclusion regarding bitcoin is: (page 28)

Is Bitcoin ready for international money transfer?

Western Union and other large money transmitters are
aware of digital currencies
keeping an eye on further developments
Worldwide use of bitcoin is growing
but there is not sufficient use and liquidity yet for massive adoption
Also, consumer interfaces to bitcoin are not sufficiently mature yet
ease of use, clarity of transactions, taxation issues, etc.
And…many regulatory issues yet to be adequately addressed

NO

David, interesting person to contact in western union if you or anyone else want to talk about bitcoin possibilities:

Scott Apodaca, CAMS
Senior Manager - Global Monitoring and Intelligence
Consumer Protection, Compliance and Ethics Office
Office: (720) 332-4544
Email: Scott.apodaca@westernunion.com
 FIU@westernunion.com

Please excuse me if this has already been posted, was a great and interesting excuse to join this great thread.

Cheers,
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:46:35 AM

My day trading bot says we should be holding fiat. im bullish however

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:21:58 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 02:36:29 AM by thoughtfan

Hope this Pdf is interesting for you regarding Western Union position and an interesting analysis of Bitcoin and other electronic currencies.

2013 Consumer Protection &
Compliance Conference
Emerging Risk of Digital Currency

https://events.westernunion.com/WUComplianceConference/presentations/2013/EmergingRiskofDigitalCurrency.pdf

Seems they are doing their homework

After a thorough study. Their conclusion regarding bitcoin is: (page 28)

Is Bitcoin ready for international money transfer?

Western Union and other large money transmitters are
aware of digital currencies
keeping an eye on further developments
Worldwide use of bitcoin is growing
but there is not sufficient use and liquidity yet for massive adoption
Also, consumer interfaces to bitcoin are not sufficiently mature yet
ease of use, clarity of transactions, taxation issues, etc.
And…many regulatory issues yet to be adequately addressed

NO

David, interesting person to contact in western union if you or anyone else want to talk about bitcoin possibilities:

Scott Apodaca, CAMS
Senior Manager - Global Monitoring and Intelligence
Consumer Protection, Compliance and Ethics Office
Office: (720) 332-4544
Email: Scott.apodaca@westernunion.com
 FIU@westernunion.com

Please excuse me if this has already been posted, was a great and interesting excuse to join this great thread.

Cheers,
Thanks for posting this.  I had seen an interview or something some months back that had given me the impression WU were on the ball with it.  Just because they're not embracing Bitcoin with open arms ahead of the curve doesn't make them dinosaurs!  If you look at their history from the time of the telegram it indicates they have ridden out many changes in technology over the centuries.  They may judge this one wrong and dive in at the wrong time or in the wrong manner losing their advantage but I wouldn't bet on it.  They have a pretty good track record on that one!

Edit: accidentally quoted myself therefore double posting rather than editing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: