Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:39:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:57:37 PM

rpietila, does the activation of your supernode mean the you will start the Supernode Alternate Reality Game?
do participants get membership cards or pins or cufflinks or whatever?

That will be appropriate when bitcoin hits $1.4/mBTC, as promised.

It's called leadership by doing. We start by doing something that we think is worth it. Then the others can follow. But doing takes time, it cannot be achieved in a day. That's why I activated before 1.4/mBTC. In a few months you will see.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:32:51 PM

There is so much to be done, and the rise of bitcoin gives us unprecedented means for doing it. Perhaps never before have freedom-loving people had so much power in their hands.

I think the most important thing one could do to improve the world is purchase large media outlets (television, newspapers, websites) and install upper management that is committed to telling the truth without fear to expose the corruption at the heart of bankster-run governments. Waking up the people from their slumber is crucial.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:11:17 PM

There is so much to be done, and the rise of bitcoin gives us unprecedented means for doing it. Perhaps never before have freedom-loving people had so much power in their hands.

I think the most important thing one could do to improve the world is purchase large media outlets (television, newspapers, websites) and install upper management that is committed to telling the truth without fear to expose the corruption at the heart of bankster-run governments. Waking up the people from their slumber is crucial.

Wikileaks already does this to a certain degree right? 

I think we should support those that are doing good deeds around us, and hopefully not become just like the greedy people we despise so much when have the same power they have.  Perhaps we underestimate what money and power can do to a person?  Humility will be something we will need to pray for.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:23:01 PM

Im confused. If "800 is the new 130" then doesn't that mean there is nowhere to go but DOWN? 136 was the TOP in may and 130 was seen on the way to 66.

Also, why engage in the futile effort of trying to predict exactly where a bottom will be in advance and missing coins if you're wrong? Why not just use like a 4 hour macd?
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:39:57 PM

TERA, the market moves at least twice as slow than in April - May 2013, so IMO it's similar to 29th - 30th April.
But back then there was a lot of seller pressure, because so many coins showed up during corrective wave A (down to 50$ twice).

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:02:55 PM

TERA, the market moves at least twice as slow than in April - May 2013, so IMO it's similar to 29th - 30th April.
But back then there was a lot of seller pressure, because so many coins showed up during corrective wave A (down to 50$ twice).
so another leg up again before a final downside move? Cheesy
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 11:33:42 PM

possibly, but remember you're swimming against a four year logarithmic trendline current of 1000%. and we haven't even hit the bottom elbow of the technology adoption S curve yet. You really want to risk missing the vertical move straight up?

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:14:51 AM

possibly, but remember you're swimming against a four year logarithmic trendline current of 1000%. and we haven't even hit the bottom elbow of the technology adoption S curve yet. You really want to risk missing the vertical move straight up?
I already have enough btc locked away so that if btc goes to all the dreamy estimates that the bulls keep thinking up then I will be a bajillionaire. Meawhile the trading I am doing now with the rest of my btc enhances my short term wealth and protects me in the case that something wrong happens. It is a win win.
LOADING.READY.RUN

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:02:42 AM

The "vertical" move of the S curve is an exponential curve plotted with linear y-axis. That's what we've been seeing for 3-4 years now. The S-curve isn't supposed to look vertical in a log chart.
LOADING.READY.RUN

Activity: 133

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:11:49 AM

Yeah, let's start bitcoin totalitarianism. As much as I want to see the banksters' influence wane and encourage an open and really free press, it sends shivers down my spine to read "install upper management" and "telling the truth". It's usually the first step from a bad government to an even worse government when a small group of people wants to dictate the truth by installing their likes in the media channel and suppressing other opinions.

Freedom of speech FTW!
kkaspar

Activity: 140

banned but not broken

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:13:17 PM

I have already vacated most of my time, so the next thing to do, is to make it count for more by establishing a physical community with a congress centre in Estonia.

I would certainly visit this physical community, because I'm estonian, but I don't think that Estonia is the best place to build this community. Estonians are skeptical people and the physical community would increase their doubts on the cultish behavior that they see regarding BTC.
There was a lot of interest regarding BTC among estonians, but it didn't become very popular here. Most people here consider BTC as an scam because of the distribution issues and the transparency issues with the market system.
Mostly people here see me as an "enemy of bitcoin" who doesn't like the choo choo chanting of the religious zaelots. But when dealing with fellow Estonians, then I'm being taken as an idealistic fool when I tell them that there actually is a future in privatized monetary systems
pietje

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:23:17 PM

Bulls circle-jerk, people confusing the traditional early-month, fresh-paycheck-money rally for the super-exponential trendline, bid sum decreasing because of panic buying and price at double the long-term trendline (the one that takes into account the 2011 bubble, unlike the super-exponential one, that picks the best possible moment as the start)...
Yeah, this will look like the most epic double top if we spend here 2 weeks and then turn down Wink

It's becoming true...  Shocked

The forums are getting silent also.. I think the scenario for a final capitulation in February/March is in full force.

Forums is pretty busy atm now that there is movement again. Stabilising means less activity on forum, has nothing to do with a final capitulation.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:39:40 PM

Bulls circle-jerk, people confusing the traditional early-month, fresh-paycheck-money rally for the super-exponential trendline, bid sum decreasing because of panic buying and price at double the long-term trendline (the one that takes into account the 2011 bubble, unlike the super-exponential one, that picks the best possible moment as the start)...
Yeah, this will look like the most epic double top if we spend here 2 weeks and then turn down Wink

The forums are getting silent also.. I think the scenario for a final capitulation in February/March is in full force.

Forums is pretty busy atm now that there is movement again. Stabilising means less activity on forum, has nothing to do with a final capitulation.

The final capitulation will commence when it's evident that we cannot break the ATH again. With or without news.

If we do break it, though, there will not be capitulation as we know it. Simple.

The evidence so far points to the coming capitulation. One bad news can cut bitcoin in half now.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:08:43 PM

The final capitulation will commence when it's evident that we cannot break the ATH again. With or without news.

If we do break it, though, there will not be capitulation as we know it. Simple.

The evidence so far points to the coming capitulation. One bad news can cut bitcoin in half now.

that is exactly my feeling too. the point is people still believe in a non stop rally until it hits $1M.. anyway yeay to 'cheap' coins!
+1 sir Smiley
kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:30:21 PM

rpietila - when you speak of final capitulation, it sounds kind of drastic.
I'm imagining you are not saying we're going to zero, as this wouldn't fit with any of your long term predictions.
And that rather, you just mean the final leg down to the bottom in order to complete the whole series of moves down from the double top.

At which stage we begin a new rally? Am i correct so far?
How long does it take, and how far down does it go?

Have you any links to threads where maybe you discuss this final capitulation in detail?

Thanks in advance.

The next 24 hours are critical!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:45:48 PM

rpietila - when you speak of final capitulation, it sounds kind of drastic.
I'm imagining you are not saying we're going to zero, as this wouldn't fit with any of your long term predictions.
And that rather, you just mean the final leg down to the bottom in order to complete the whole series of moves down from the double top.

At which stage we begin a new rally? Am i correct so far?
How long does it take, and how far down does it go?

Have you any links to threads where maybe you discuss this final capitulation in detail?

Thanks in advance.

Final capitulation is the consummation of the downtrend that started from the double top. After that the new uptrend will start, and we will make a new ATH.

It is possible that we already saw it in Dec 18th but I think it's yet to come. It is not necessarily the lowest price point (382 so far), but certainly below 600, perhaps even 300.

I don't know if there is a thread on this alone Smiley

kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:50:05 PM

Great, so more or less as i was thinking then.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The next 24 hours are critical!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:12:22 PM

Now: Arturo Fuente Figurado abt 10cm. I have lately enjoyed the short ones.

The rally yesterday was unfortunately caused by me  Embarrassed I was trying to negotiate a withdrawal of EUR 300k from Mt.Gox. Due to their troubles, it seemed that I would not receive the money on time so I had to buy back the coins. I purposely used a market order because many people were understandably watching critically the widening spread and I wanted to get out before there would be a stampede.

The stampede actually did happen Smiley But now the situation is under control and the spread is back in manageable levels. That's why I share this with you. From this perspective the subsequent rally in Bitstamp and others was entirely ill-founded, and funny to watch.

It is not really technical analysis, but there does not seem to be any momentum to get ahead. Typically these situations end with an accelerating crash, rather than picking up of the momentum. But we'll see, portfolios well balanced!

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:50:52 PM

Now: Arturo Fuente Figurado abt 10cm. I have lately enjoyed the short ones.

The rally yesterday was unfortunately caused by me  Embarrassed I was trying to negotiate a withdrawal of EUR 300k from Mt.Gox. Due to their troubles, it seemed that I would not receive the money on time so I had to buy back the coins. I purposely used a market order because many people were understandably watching critically the widening spread and I wanted to get out before there would be a stampede.

The stampede actually did happen Smiley But now the situation is under control and the spread is back in manageable levels. That's why I share this with you. From this perspective the subsequent rally in Bitstamp and others was entirely ill-founded, and funny to watch.

It is not really technical analysis, but there does not seem to be any momentum to get ahead. Typically these situations end with an accelerating crash, rather than picking up of the momentum. But we'll see, portfolios well balanced!

So it was you who soiled my short sell that looked such a surefire bet!?

Interesting to know!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:29:33 PM

So it was you who soiled my short sell that looked such a surefire bet!?

Interesting to know!

LOL, I suppose you covered it at a loss then  Roll Eyes  It is dropping like a stone as we speak..

Perhaps it's good time to forget the worries and celebrate the fact that we have 2 million bitcoin users in the world!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: