Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:47:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mestar

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:56:23 AM

Rpietila, what is your opinion on the connection between Bitcoin price and Bitcoin network's energy usage, that is, the second one following the first.  At what price level do you think this could become a problem?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:24:06 AM

I have been one of the main contributors here, and have probed and found the limits of this forum, like many have done before me and subsequently moved on.

As bitcoin price increases, it is possible to boost your productivity by increasing your time available, and attaching even more capital to it. I have already vacated most of my time, so the next thing to do, is to make it count for more by establishing a physical community with a congress centre in Estonia. This gives much more leverage as hundreds of people will become regular visitors (only a few % of the regulars would reside in the centre at any given time). A university in the original 14th century sense. Or a monastery. Open for everyone who wants to contribute. This is what I have found to be the best move in the situation we're in, and I am ready to call it a supernode or something else if somebody makes up a better name.

We can change the world a lot just by providing an antitestimony to the dominant dullness, and living it. In the age of Internet, others will find out with quite little effort.

It takes probably only 1000 days before bitcoin is at $1M. So if you want to be one of the people who made it, time to join the action! Wink

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:19:15 PM

I have been one of the main contributors here, and have probed and found the limits of this forum, like many have done before me and subsequently moved on.

As bitcoin price increases, it is possible to boost your productivity by increasing your time available, and attaching even more capital to it. I have already vacated most of my time, so the next thing to do, is to make it count for more by establishing a physical community with a congress centre in Estonia. This gives much more leverage as hundreds of people will become regular visitors (only a few % of the regulars would reside in the centre at any given time). A university in the original 14th century sense. Or a monastery. Open for everyone who wants to contribute. This is what I have found to be the best move in the situation we're in, and I am ready to call it a supernode or something else if somebody makes up a better name.

We can change the world a lot just by providing an antitestimony to the dominant dullness, and living it. In the age of Internet, others will find out with quite little effort.

It takes probably only 1000 days before bitcoin is at $1M. So if you want to be one of the people who made it, time to join the action! Wink

cant wait. Grin
dedcoin

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:46:01 PM

What are you gonna do there? a conference? otherwise, why do you need physical presence of the community in Estonia  Huh

First bitcoin bought at $70
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:34:11 PM

So that there is no need to listen to interruptive questions. Just live our life to the fullest, research the mysteries of the nature, correct the wrongs of the society and publish everything.

I tried it in a small scale for 4 days again last weekend. It works better than writing in a random forum.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
adpinbr

Activity: 994
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:48:25 PM

There is a bitcoin embassy in Israel. No one lives in it, but I would say that you have about 5-10 hardcore bitcoiners there everyday, all day, plus walkins, newbs, and events of 50-100 people.
I think thats a good way to start

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
isov

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:27:17 PM

Let us know when its open, I want to visit Smiley And nice thread! Kiitos ja rehellistä käsipäivää, samaa kansalaisuutta kun ollaan.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:41:31 PM

There is a bitcoin embassy in Israel. No one lives in it, but I would say that you have about 5-10 hardcore bitcoiners there everyday, all day, plus walkins, newbs, and events of 50-100 people.

Cool! What is their website?

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:48:00 PM

Cool! What is their website?

You may be intererested in the Bitcoin Embassy in Montreal http://bitcoinembassy.ca/
And the New York Bitcoin Center https://www.facebook.com/NYCoin

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:39:47 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 03:33:52 PM by cAPSLOCK

When bitcoin reaches 1 million $US i will donate 50 mBTC to the charity of your choice.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:19:54 AM

Bulls circle-jerk, people confusing the traditional early-month, fresh-paycheck-money rally for the super-exponential trendline, bid sum decreasing because of panic buying and price at double the long-term trendline (the one that takes into account the 2011 bubble, unlike the super-exponential one, that picks the best possible moment as the start)...
Yeah, this will look like the most epic double top if we spend here 2 weeks and then turn down Wink

It's becoming true...  Shocked

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:56:02 PM

I was thinking in getting some people to just copy/paste all the day.

It wolud me cost about 50 euro a person and I could create from 3 to 4 coins a day.

Are you interested in outsource the service?

JOKE Smiley

If you know how to why don't you do the same Wink

If it costs about $100 to make a coin, the benefits from making one quickly approach the said figure.

(Do you start a new coin every day? Try twice per day!)

BTW.
In fact today I published another 4 but this is for real Smiley
PhoneCoin - TEL
LadyCoin - LADY
BeerCoin - BEER
WWWCoin - WWW

I worked all the night long, I still must go to bad but I'm here.

I must prepare the webs and than I'll create the ANN topic Smiley

I think altcoins do not pose a threat to Bitcoin.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:58:14 PM

Bulls circle-jerk, people confusing the traditional early-month, fresh-paycheck-money rally for the super-exponential trendline, bid sum decreasing because of panic buying and price at double the long-term trendline (the one that takes into account the 2011 bubble, unlike the super-exponential one, that picks the best possible moment as the start)...
Yeah, this will look like the most epic double top if we spend here 2 weeks and then turn down Wink

The forums are getting silent also.. I think the scenario for a final capitulation in February/March is in full force.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:37:20 PM

The forums are getting silent also.. I think the scenario for a final capitulation in February/March is in full force.

what is this, dealer doublespeak?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:48:00 PM

what is this, dealer doublespeak?

Plain and honest words, as usual.

When everyone else thinks that 800 is the new 130 and there is no way to go but up, it is time for a 50% grinding haircut and THEN we can go on. I think that the passing of time has left not many even thinking of this possibility, yet the new money seems unwilling to take position and we have been sliding down. I think it is more probable now than ever that this will happen. The difficult part is to know, where exactly to buy. I still have so many coins that for me paying much over 400 is not worth it. If the bottom is in 500, I may have been right but missed the opportunity.

kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:00:44 PM

Personally, I've placed bids from $750 all the way to $300.. with only 6% being above $600, steadily increasing as the price drops. I already have the amount of coins that I want at this price, and I'm not selling a single one of them until we've passed the ATH.

70/30 split fiat/btc. My bids aim to keep at least 30% btc.. but I'll go past that if we go low enough.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:28:59 PM

I still have so many coins that for me paying much over 400 is not worth it.

Don't be so easily discouraged.  You may be rich now, but if you are patient and diligent, you can become obscenely rich.  Do not despise small gains.  A penny here, a penny there.  It adds up over time.  Suppose that in future an opportunity for dramatic gains arose which required 10001 coins, but you only had 10000 coins liquid.  Such a tragedy, for want of King Richard's nail! 

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
SantaMuerte

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:34:52 PM

Placed all my orders in the 500-600 zone.
Next friday is going to be crazy, fo´sho!  Cool Shocked Grin
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:38:46 PM

I still have so many coins that for me paying much over 400 is not worth it.

Don't be so easily discouraged.  You may be rich now, but if you are patient and diligent, you can become obscenely rich.  Do not despise small gains.  A penny here, a penny there.  It adds up over time.  Suppose that in future an opportunity for dramatic gains arose which required 10001 coins, but you only had 10000 coins liquid.  Such a tragedy, for want of King Richard's nail! 

I am envisioning that all the bold and brave bitcoin owners will be such connected that if you have a good enough project, you can tap into unlimited wealth through your friends and their friends. So that it is only the quality of your proposal that determines whether you can pursue it, not your personal finances.

Of course it is still better to have 10000 coins than just 10, because you can do things without asking anyone. At least in theory.. I have spent 2 months for a certain project now which does not involve spending anyone else's money, and still it's not finalized Wink

Even though I could make more money by trading bitcoins etc., for my personal goals the time for that is over. I am moving on to the scenario where I will be obscenely rich even with the current number of bitcoins, and selling enough bitcoins to hedge for the scenario that it does not happen.

thatbluedude

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:51:37 PM

rpietila, does the activation of your supernode mean the you will start the Supernode Alternate Reality Game?
do participants get membership cards or pins or cufflinks or whatever?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: