Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:44:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:26:20 AM

I'm starting to think I should go back to only following Huobi's charts and not Bitstamp.

Also, why is Bitstamp so empty now? No bids. No asks. No volume. It's like gox.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:48:36 AM

Oh, it's great to see how the "building my castle" soon turned into "serious business project of creating an hotel".
Have you actually done any market research for creating this kind of an Hotel to this specific location? Do you have any knowledge or experience with tourism and accommodation? Do you even know what kind of future plans are made around Kunda and on how does it fit to create an Hotel in the middle of it?
You didn't buy this manor because this is an serious business project. You just bought it because it was the only option what came up, that helped to comfort your inferiority complex. That is the reason why you come here to talk about "your castle", that is the reason why you are as vain as an 10 year old girl, and that is the reason why you aren't able to do anything serious with money. We both know about the reputation you have both in Finland or Estonia, and what disturbs me, is that in this forum you are actually playing the role of an dignified analyst. And we both know that it's all for fishing out new naive people who would "invest" into your "projects".

Who would have known that people didn't start visiting this hotel?
Who would have known that leaving an unsecured laptop unattended can be dangerous?
Yeah right.. Con artists will always blame their tricks on incompetence and beg for pity.

Who is talking about serious business here?-) Can I not build a hotel if I want to, and run it as sloppily as I have run my other businesses ever since 2001?  Roll Eyes  Do I need to ask for permission from someone (actually - yes, there are many authorities that are very much involved and we will do our best to exceed all their requirements)?

Yes it might happen that my guests one Sunday morning have more purchasing power than the entire city of Kunda. In general I am happy to be able to comfort my inferiority complex by purchasing 51-room houses, most people are not. It goes without saying that I am and always have been totally inept with money; if this was not the case, I would now be working, instead of trolling. All decent people work.

If all you consume for your edification is yellow press, you might indeed think that I have as bad a reputation as all the other businessmen, politicians and celebrities in Finland. Surely the only logical explanation is that we all must be idiots? And it has nothing to do with selling the papers?  Roll Eyes

Could you divulge some more information about the supposed con here?

LOL, it's about time for you to start a new thread because here the others talk about other things, and bashing me will be deleted.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:55:05 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 08:05:35 AM by chessnut

stamp, BTCe and Bitfinex threatening the downside after losing momentum in the past 18 hours, failing to break the down trend. Huobi making a sharp move down but with less price history to reason shorting.

I think I will go short a bit tonight, 600 is so near and I think we could be getting cosy in the 500s soon.

Rpietila, I grant approval of your mansion building Wink

cspeter8

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:20:16 AM

Rpietila, I grant approval of your mansion building Wink
I second that!
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:53:37 AM

i too noticed how the mansion was at first just risto's private real estate investment, and then later suddenly became the hogwarts school of bitcoin.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:07:48 AM

i too noticed how the mansion was at first just risto's private real estate investment, and then later suddenly became the hogwarts school of bitcoin.

Still waiting the Hogwarts Express.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:13:23 AM

Still waiting the Hogwarts Express.

we could do with a bit of wingardium leviosa right now.......

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:34:35 PM

If you're interested i found this http://news.err.ee/v/economy/53ba6308-7ca1-4b4a-9a52-0156165267d6
you make the news now pietila  Grin

Pretty amazing that it went for 15x it's last sale price this time!  It was a bitcoin like investment! But now this will be about a class 1.5 supernode as well as a Bitcoin retreat.  I find it amazing!  Can't wait to see it fully renovated!

Sillä hän antaa ihmiselle, joka on hänelle otollinen, viisautta, tietoa ja iloa; mutta syntiselle hän antaa työksi koota ja kartuttaa annettavaksi sille, joka on otollinen Jumalalle. Sekin on turhuutta ja tuulen tavoittelua.

Yeah, that was cheap as fuck. 64 000 euros for so much land and buildings, what a n awesome buy that was.

The previous owner made a good deal at purchase, but I also did. The property was appraised as the purchase+actual development cost in the balance sheet of the company. The developments made in his time had cost more than he realized by selling it to me, so in this sense he lost money overall.

But so will I. Nobody makes money with old buildings Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:46:10 PM

The press coverage intensifies (my reply to email inquiry):

> Hello!
>
> I am a journalist at Virumaa Teataja, Lääne-Virumaa local newspaper, and have a few questions about the Malla manor. I hope you agree to answer them.

Hi,

I feel so welcomed by the Estonian press that I am glad to answer the questions Smiley

> * The purchase of Malla manor is considered to be the largest bitcoin transaction in the world. What is the historic meaning of the transaction in your opinion?

Previously the largest purchase that I know of, was a new Lamborghini about 2 months ago, and that also aroused a lot of interest. This one is much bigger, and as it is a sort of "luxury item" also, it has symbolic value that makes people think that Bitcoin can be a rags-to-riches life-changer. The purchase of Malla manor symbolizes the initial steps of Bitcoin from obscurity to world-famous technical innovation and the first Bitcoin millionaires, but at the same time it is dedicated to all the hard work that will happen in bitcoinworld from now on, as we aim to make bitcoins used throughout all the world. So it is both a prize for things already happened, and a venue for going forward.

> * Why did you choose Malla manor?

Although I am a Finn and live in Finland, I have for long had most of my business in Estonia taken care by local staff. I wanted a big house that would be able to host large gatherings of Bitcoin people, and both the buying and operating such would have been much more expensive in Finland. To have a place with centuries of history at an affordable price would have been difficult.

Estonia has a long culture of manors, and there were many to choose from. Malla immediately caught my attention because of its sheer beauty and majesty. Also the structural renovation had been carried out almost completely, which means that it could rather quickly be raised to its former glory given enough funds. The outbuildings are already restored and can be used immediately. But that is all logical stuff, the real reason is the Malla Spirit, which just captured me and did not let go...

> * Do you already have plans, when you are going to begin the renovation of the house? What are your next steps concerning the manor?

We are renovating it as soon as we can, which currently means that we must get to close cooperation with the relevant authorities to obtain permissions. Our intention is to conform to the highest standards of workmanship and materials, and restore the original spirit whereever possible. I am however anticipating clashes with the new building regulations, as we would like to use the original time-tested method of natural ventilation, for example. The building should not only be old and look old, but also function as an old building. I plead to the 'old buildings authority' and 'construction permission authority' for good relations and speedy handling of our applications so that we can start the hotel business as early as possible and employ as many as 10 local people, since summer is the best season.

The next project will be the development of the east wing to contain a restaurant, meeting room and a few hotel rooms. This will bring the total capacity to about 30 beds.

> * How often do you visit Estonia? When the renovation of the manor is completed, are you planning to reside there?

I am visiting Estonia about 2 times per month currently. I have many businesses and staff there. I will continue to live in Finland with my family, but hopefully we will have a long summer holiday together in Malla this summer.

> * You have told to media that you are planning to turn the old manor into a bitcoin centre. How many wealthy bitcoin enthusiasts are there in Finland, Estonia and nearby countries and also in the whole world?

Depends what you mean by wealthy, of course. In my estimation, there are about 50 people in the world with at least 10000 bitcoins (EUR 5 million) and about 800 have in between 1000-10000 bitcoins (EUR 0.5-5 million).

I know about 10 Finns who have 1000 or more coins, in addition there must be more. All Scandinavia is pretty interested so by logic, there must be many more. I am not so sure about the Baltic situation, it may be that people there are more reserved about displaying cryptowealth, because the regulatory situation is unclear. Finland recently ruled that bitcoins do not have VAT (previously they did), Estonia is going into the other direction, now saying that bitcoins are subject to VAT (which they previously were not). This is very understandable, because the technology is new. But it makes life difficult for people who own bitcoins and intend to develop the real economy also. In my situation, if the VAT ruling persists, I cannot sell bitcoins in Estonia in the future, which makes the future development of Malla difficult.

Also all this has happened so soon. In the beginning of 2013 the price of one bitcoin was 10 euros, and consequently you needed 100 000 bitcoins to be a millionaire. There was hardly 10 bitcoin millionaires in the whole world then. Now the number is at least 500. This illustrates the speed that Bitcoin is creating new millionaires. In the end of this year, there might be up to 10 000 bitcoin millionaires in the world, and this is the group that I want to gather in Malla castle, so Estonia would be in a real sense in the forefront of new economy, with many of these people starting companies and even relocating to Estonia, especially in Tallinn and Malla regions.

> * How is a bitcoin millionaire different from a cash millionaire?

A typical bitcoin millionaire is a very intelligent young (25-35) white male, with high earning capability. He has bought bitcoins outright or mined them in 2010-2012 with a determined effort and a significant cash outlay. He has a continuing trust in the technology of Bitcoin, otherwise he would have sold for quick gains as all the others did (those who used to hold many bitcoins during the years but do not anymore do so). Some of them started from nothing, but many (such as me) were businessmen even before starting with Bitcoin, so the change is less prevalent.

A typical cash millionaire is significantly older, and there are more ladies. Most are in high positions and are making good money, even though many have been millionaires whole their life, or at least come from a millionaire background.

Many bitcoin millionaires that I have met have an urge to make the world better. Most traditional millionaires want to preserve the status quo. To further elaborate this topic would be a matter of a separate article.

> * In which sense is bitcoin a more secure currency than national currencies? I have understood that you trust only bitcoins and silver.
I divide this to two aspects, issuance and transactability:

1. National currencies are issued through an untransparent mechanism, which gives elected and unelected officials much leeway in the creation of currency. Furthermore, what even constitutes this currency, is not clear. There is more debt entries in the world than positive entries, almost everyone is in debt. The situation is a mess and no matter if you hold debt or positive balance, the politicians can screw you or you fall victim to the market forces.

Bitcoin has a perfectly transparent currency issuance mechanism that takes away all uncertainty. In this sense it is like gold, you know very well the total number of bitcoins issued, know the future, and can make informed decision how many bitcoins you need for your transactional and wealth preservation needs.

2. National currencies can only mainly be transacted via a banking system. The legacy system poses many delays, costs and even outright threats to your money. For example right now some Russians are getting their bank assets frozen and as a retaliation some westerners may, too.

With Bitcoin there is nothing that can prevent you making a transaction, and as long as you control your private keys yourself (past performance of "bitcoin banks" and exchanges is abysmal, they tend to always steal your money and bitcoins), it is not possible to freeze or confiscate them with any executive order.

> * How do you see the future of bitcoin as a currency?

As a monetary historian, I would say that the history of the money of the world is quite short:

In the beginning, all kinds of barter was happening. At one point, cattle and salt were used as money, because salt was divisible and unperishable, and cattle could transport easily.

When metals mining developed, gold, silver and copper were introduced as money. The word "money" equals the word for "silver" in 50 languages. The reason is that gold was too expensive for most people to even see, and copper was too cheap. The situation is similar in that in Finland people think 50 euro notes as money, because most have never seen 500 euro notes, and coins are not valuable enough.

Silver continued as money for more than 2000 years, copper was dropped, and gold continued as a store of large wealth. Only in 1800s great silver discoveries were made, and countries abandoned silver in favor of gold.

The gold standard lasted only from 1870s until the WWI. After that, the war had destroyed world's economy and countries did not want to liberalize themselves (during the war they had been heavily socialized) and also wanted to permanently punish Germany. This was incompatible with gold standard so fiat standard began and gold standard was abandoned in the 1930s.

Fiat standard is only compatible with increasing socialization (as well as gold standard is only compatible with prevailing liberty). In the modern world many libertarians want the gold standard back, but it is quite impractical. So upon hearing about Bitcoin, they have changed to support that, because it has many of the qualities of gold, and also interesting new properties.

Only 0.1% of world's population owns bitcoins (in contrast to 20% using Facebook). Bitcoin's value grows in proportion to the number of people in the network, so it is possible that the price of 1 bitcoin rises really high even in the nearest years. The governments in the world will have to deal with this, because it poses a threat to their agenda of ever-increasing socialization, and humiliates the government currency that is constantly losing value whereas bitcoins rise in value. The future is uncertain - my thinking is that Bitcoin will be adopted to the mainstream of financial system with increasing popularity, value, but also control. Meanwhile the extreme libertarians will try to find ways for transacting outside of government control, and there are many cryptocurrencies in development that seek to provide this.

The history is full of examples of regimes that try to suppress innovation, but I don't remember that it has ever worked very well. As the saying goes: "There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come" and cryptocurrency is clearly one of them. The countries that adopt a sensible approach and let the innovation grow without hindrance will reap great rewards. I am looking forward to Estonian authorities showing foresight in this aspect as well as they have shown in other policies that brought my business into Estonia already 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking such interesting questions,

Risto Pietilä

dave00

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:58:11 PM

Great answers

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:08:46 PM

Enough with the fucking castle

Don't you see how it's a catalyst for asking questions about Bitcoin? I think Risto is doing a great job answering them too Smiley
Zapffe

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:14:02 PM

Oh, it's great to see how the "building my castle" soon turned into "serious business project of creating an hotel".
Have you actually done any market research for creating this kind of an Hotel to this specific location? Do you have any knowledge or experience with tourism and accommodation? Do you even know what kind of future plans are made around Kunda and on how does it fit to create an Hotel in the middle of it?
You didn't buy this manor because this is an serious business project. You just bought it because it was the only option what came up, that helped to comfort your inferiority complex. That is the reason why you come here to talk about "your castle", that is the reason why you are as vain as an 10 year old girl, and that is the reason why you aren't able to do anything serious with money. We both know about the reputation you have both in Finland or Estonia, and what disturbs me, is that in this forum you are actually playing the role of an dignified analyst. And we both know that it's all for fishing out new naive people who would "invest" into your "projects".

Who would have known that people didn't start visiting this hotel?
Who would have known that leaving an unsecured laptop unattended can be dangerous?
Yeah right.. Con artists will always blame their tricks on incompetence and beg for pity.

Who is talking about serious business here?-) Can I not build a hotel if I want to, and run it as sloppily as I have run my other businesses ever since 2001?  Roll Eyes  Do I need to ask for permission from someone (actually - yes, there are many authorities that are very much involved and we will do our best to exceed all their requirements)?

Yes it might happen that my guests one Sunday morning have more purchasing power than the entire city of Kunda. In general I am happy to be able to comfort my inferiority complex by purchasing 51-room houses, most people are not. It goes without saying that I am and always have been totally inept with money; if this was not the case, I would now be working, instead of trolling. All decent people work.

If all you consume for your edification is yellow press, you might indeed think that I have as bad a reputation as all the other businessmen, politicians and celebrities in Finland. Surely the only logical explanation is that we all must be idiots? And it has nothing to do with selling the papers?  Roll Eyes

Could you divulge some more information about the supposed con here?

LOL, it's about time for you to start a new thread because here the others talk about other things, and bashing me will be deleted.

Of course you can run your projects sloppily if you follow these steps: a) Find someone who has money, but who doesn't have experience with money b) Get them to "invest" in your "projects" c) Channel the investments to your own personal pocket d) Claim incompetence, that you are really surprised that the project didn't work out, and that you are very sad and you will give your best to try better next time e) Profit

Well, there is a reason why the press also likes you, because you are a funny guy, that is often involved with schemes that are also funny. In Estonia, we have the same type of dude named "Villu Parvet", he is also a self proclaimed businessman, who makes a fool of himself by trying to be someone who he clearly isn't. The press absolutely loves him and all of his newest quests! I think that you should look him up in Estonia, and maybe you could trade different business plans and earn wealth beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.
I think that starting a new thread, just to bash you, is a little over the top. I think it's more dignified to stop in from time to time, just to sting your fragile little ego. Maybe this will inspire some questions among the "investors" who you are fishing for. Maybe it will just make you act less like Douche Baggins... Or maybe not... Either way, it will still be good fun.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:21:33 PM

The only thing that warrants a reply is the clarification that I am not seeking any "investments" from anyone, am not selling any services, and do not have plan to do so.

Except the hotel of course will function as a hotel and both rooms and food will cost as usual.

chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:41:05 PM

The only thing that warrants a reply is the clarification that I am not seeking any "investments" from anyone, am not selling any services, and do not have plan to do so.

Except the hotel of course will function as a hotel and both rooms and food will cost as usual.

Can we pay in rare bottles of expensive alcohol? Perhaps crates of cigars?

I want to visit!!!
Zapffe

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:16:40 PM

I am not seeking any "investments" from anyone, am not selling any services, and do not have plan to do so.

We'll see.. we'll see.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:42:21 PM

Enough with the fucking castle
It is the crowning achievement for someone who wants to dance like he means it.  It's a place where he can keep away from all the riffraff that has invades this forum, as well as the burdensome bureaucratics, politics or shady conflicts of interest – just cool people, who genuinely care for what they’re into.  It's simple really.  A wise man once said: You can’t worship two gods at once. Loving one god, you’ll end up hating the other. Adoration of one feeds contempt for the other.

That's the real unseen point here...  but someday it will be seen.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:02:20 PM

Risto, I wanted to say that I am very happy to read what you're doing with Malla Manor.  This is a good thing for the bitcoin community and you have my support.  

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
bitrider

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:26:17 PM

It is beautiful thing. A tangible expression of a man following his dreams. What is more powerful than that? I'm personally happy to hear about the exploits of a service minded bitcoin millionaire. Well done sir!

And the idea that buying an old building and turning it into a hotel and conference center is Risto's way of bilking the noobs, is hilarious and ridiculous. I'm sure there are plenty of easier and more direct ways to separate people from their money. If that is what you are seeing when you look at this - you might want to look in the mirror.  Wink
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:59:10 PM

Good interview but this part was bit of bullshit:

A typical bitcoin millionaire is a very intelligent young (25-35) white male

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:10:03 AM

Good interview but this part was bit of bullshit:

A typical bitcoin millionaire is a very intelligent young (25-35) white male

Is it? I have no idea, but I would guess it's pretty accurate.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: