Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:27:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 09:40:04 AM

Any Plans in the works to get Noble listed on Cryptopia since cryptsy is goxed.

Cool

We should all vote for that to happen.

I'm doing my share...  Grin

we still have poloniex...
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:56:22 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 10:18:26 AM by HR

Cool

And Poloniex is a first class exchange. We need to do everything we can to stay on it!

It's the only one left of the seven listed on the OP (BTW, shouldn't we brush up the OP a bit?) so let's make an effort to send people there and help to keep the volume up there as much as we can: one of the worst things that can happen to a cryptocurrency is to find itself without an exchange - that's one foot in the grave.

We should also be telling everybody and their cousins about the fantastic price and great buying opportunity right now. A liitle Dev activity would go a long way too: like getting http://www.noblemovement.com back online, or updating the OP, or just even saying hello from time to time.  Smiley

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:24:43 AM

Cool

And Poloniex is a first class exchange. We need to do everything we can to stay on it!

It's the only one left of the seven listed on the OP (BTW, shouldn't we brush up the OP a bit?) so let's make an effort to send people there and help to keep the volume up there as much as we can: one of the worst things that can happen to a cryptocurrency is to find itself without an exchange - that's one foot in the grave.

We should also be telling everybody and their cousins about the fantastic price and great buying opportunity right now. A liitle Dev activity would go a long way too: like getting http://www.noblemovement.com back online, or updating the OP, or just even saying hello from time to time.  Smiley

Are there any other noble exchanges active beside Poloniex, as they ban anyone in New York State from using them.

Thanks.
 Cool
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 06:29:22 PM

afaik cryptopia list for peanuts
i did see at emeraldcoin thread they got added for like 0.1 BTC value

just get in touch with the cryptopia admins they offer at the moment some cheap ways for cryptsy exodus coins to get listed

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 06:38:37 PM

jason / rofo is full focused on NOXT and all they stuff around it
that will have positive effects on NOBLE too because where he enable NOXT he most likely enable NOBLE to as possible payment coin

but for NOBLE u must organize a group of community guys working for it

i mean we as DMD DIamond Foundation are nothing else than stakeholder of DMD who did takeover after there was no more activity from old dev visible

u can ask a few times what will happen what is planned in a coin thread

but if a thread like this stuck a few months on same page u know if u dont find people who together with u care for the coin noone else will

i suggest get in touch with eagleflies ask if he is avaiable and willing join a team that wana set activities for Noblecoin
and also seek other same minded people in community

and then when u have people willing to work for NOBLE then u can talk with rofo

no now come with empty hands expect him alone to do stuff

if he see there is activity he will support u for sure

like update first positing or help ya reactivate website and update content with stuff u deliver

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:11:55 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 09:22:29 PM by HR

jason / rofo is full focused on NOXT and all they stuff around it
that will have positive effects on NOBLE too because where he enable NOXT he most likely enable NOBLE to as possible payment coin

but for NOBLE u must organize a group of community guys working for it

i mean we as DMD DIamond Foundation are nothing else than stakeholder of DMD who did takeover after there was no more activity from old dev visible

u can ask a few times what will happen what is planned in a coin thread

but if a thread like this stuck a few months on same page u know if u dont find people who together with u care for the coin noone else will

i suggest get in touch with eagleflies ask if he is avaiable and willing join a team that wana set activities for Noblecoin

and then when u have people willing to work for NOBLE then u can talk with rofo

no now come with empty hands expect him alone to do stuff

if he see there is activity he will support u for sure

like update first positing or help ya reactivate website and update content with stuff u deliver

^^ As reflected in one of my original posts here on this thread, I agree 100%. (Written before coming to a similar conclusion about DMD, and before the wallet update that kept minting amounts whole instead of dividing them in two equal parts.)

@eagleflies and joelao95,
On top of your technical skills and knowledge that you clearly demonstrated in the pioneering and completely successful switch of Noblecoin from POW to PoS-II, the professionalism shown in your documentation along with its timely dissemination, your open discussions about the various ways of moving forward and then the same with the actual implementation of the agreed upon options, and your almost immediate and impeccable responses to possible issues, make both of you a couple of the best examples we have for how the Open Source world ideally functions. My hat’s off to you both. I don’t think it would have been possible to ask for anything better with the switch, and, if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes, I’d have said it was impossible. Fantastic work! I hope we see you doing more of the same in the future, helping to make Noblecoin the best it can be.

@fairglu, james6546, ctenc001, and everyone else who belongs to this community,
You represent even more examples of what a cryptocurrency’s community should look and be like – your open, frank and honest above board working relationships and mutually complementary contributions added even more weight in favor of my eventual decision to endorse and become involved in Noblecoin.

@Rofo,
Your example of stepping back and delegating is equally commendable. It’s next to impossible for something of the envisioned scope of Noblecoin to reach its potential without delegating responsibility. In fact, I would say that any attempt to do otherwise would actually be extremely harmful to that goal. Similar to what Merlin said in Boorman’s Excalibur, “when a man lies, he murders some part of the world”, I believe the same can be said for those who hold others back: when a man holds back someone’s efforts to improve things, he murders some part of the world. Said in positive: when a man empowers others to improve upon what’s already been done well, he gives birth to something new once again. You gave birth to Noblecoin, and every time you delegate and empower others to continue building upon that, you give birth to something equally new and wonderful. Something of the scope of Noblecoin, if it’s going to survive, ultimately gains a life of its own, and more so, and more quickly, if it’s Open Source – there’s no holding it back, and it takes just as much of a visionary to “let it go” as it did to conceive it to begin with.

------------------------------------o------------------------------------

As for my 2 cents with regards to ideas for future improvements for NOBL, I would recommend the following:

• 1)   A continual, unwavering, and undistracted focus on the core product, which is A CURRENCY (if there isn’t a currency to begin with, then there’s nothing at all - in spite of all the great value added real-world business partners that we might have), which means MONEY that maintains its value, at very least, and most likely increases in value as the fiats inflate away (never forget that a cryptocurrency’s main purpose is to offer people a decentralized, apolitical, safe haven from fiat depreciation). This should always be a coin’s main priority, in my opinion – a safe place to store one’s wealth – and fantastic independent value added satellite businesses are obviously the icing on the cake in the most positive sense of the phrase.

• 2)   Always keeping in mind the basic underpinnings mentioned above, I would recommend that current publicity campaigns focus on and leverage the strengths of Noblecoin: the safest, most advanced, and best developed PoS in existence made possible by a truly decentralized and exemplary Open Source dedicated community that will only continue to get better and grow. Ultimately it’s the community that makes the currency something to be trusted (means of exchange have always been commonly agreed upon monetary units, the difference being that historically, until now, excepting the precious metals, which also require mutually agreed upon consensus, it’s been governments that have created that “trust”) and that indeed is our most important responsibility.

With respect to the technical side of things, along with the cosmetic improvements already mentioned by others, I would recommend prioritizing wallet improvements with a more intuitive “one click” type of management of transactions and their groupings (for the less tech savvy who are not comfortable with command line instructions) which, with PoS–II, will increasingly become necessary everyday operations for active wallet holders. I highly recommend continual development, in proactive manner, dealing specifically with known issues before they get out of hand. In regards to transaction management, that would also include education of best practices for manual use while more “automatic” means are being developed – of course, the great documentation and open development characteristic of this community serve as fantastic foundations for that education. Unrushed product development of this sort also keeps the community alive, active and in touch.

In my opinion, the switch from a simple, low network hashrate, scrypt POW to PoS-II is a game changer for Noblecoin. It is no longer just another altcoin to be mined and dumped for something more stable and more secure. I think that with the end of POW, Noblecoin will not only see the end of continuous sell pressure perpetually driving price lower, it will actually begin to see the exact opposite: continual buy pressure that perpetually drives price higher. As people slowly come to realize the huge potential that Noblecoin has to offer, that in becoming THE state-of-the-art and safest PoS cryptocurrency in existence leading the way in its space it has actually become that “something more stable and more secure” itself, and that since the only way to get involved is by purchasing NOBL, price has nowhere to go but up.

Given everything I’ve just outlined, and in interest of full disclosure, I’d like to make public my recent purchase of a medium sized amount of NOBL (something along the lines of a top 20 rich list amount). I will also be incorporating Noblecoin into my efforts to slowly build what I hope will someday be a comprehensive cryptocurrency knowledge base that has to date focused exclusively on DigiByte. Noblecoin will be a natural complement being that it will put what is in my opinion the best PoS in existence shoulder to shoulder with what I consider to be the best POW in existence.

Again, kudos to everyone involved here, and best wishes to everyone who continues to give Noblecoin a life of its own that knows no limits.

Where has everyone gone?

penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 08:42:21 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2016, 10:22:05 AM by penambang

People, let's test official Noble Android app and give some feedback to Rofo

Apps link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jasonlcurby.noble

QR Code:
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:05:05 AM

People, let's test official Noble Android app and give some feedback to Rofo

Apps link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jasonlcurby.noble

It needs a "surname" so it can be easily searched in the Play Store itself . . . not that you can't find it as is - I did - but that it could be made easier and quicker if there was something additional to distinguish it. Taking a look at the various search results reinforces this idea I think.

eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:18:25 PM

[..]

Hello,

Yes, I am around. Reading this thread and going to work on other bounties when there is some free time. I was hoping we could get together more people able to work on them. This has not happened so far.

Anyway if you guys have concrete ideas what should/could be done please update Bounties page. This should help with keeping things organized.

Thanks,
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:31:36 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 11:09:19 PM by HR

[..]

Hello,

Yes, I am around. Reading this thread and going to work on other bounties when there is some free time. I was hoping we could get together more people able to work on them. This has not happened so far.

Anyway if you guys have concrete ideas what should/could be done please update Bounties page. This should help with keeping things organized.

Thanks,

Many promising coins are run by a couple of key members. It takes time to build numbers, but you've got to start somewhere. NOBL is a promising coin as long as it has that couple of key devs with a regular presence here. It's a matter of time thereafter, but nothing's possible if not.

BTW, the website is still down.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 07:33:04 PM

ok i asked jason for input

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.msg13644176#msg13644176

Mark77

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:18:19 AM

I did importprivkey from the old wallet. Where are my coins?
http://prntscr.com/9tmzvt
eagleflies

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:55:33 AM

I did importprivkey from the old wallet. Where are my coins?
http://prntscr.com/9tmzvt

If your coins were not moved before the switch to PoS they are still there. Please follow this procedure: https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Importing-private-keys-from-old-wallet.dat-using---salvagewallet-option
YourMine.org

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 01:33:24 PM

well i guess now i know for sure i am not getting my noble back. Cry

Yep me neither Cry

How did you guys lose your coins ? Sorry I've not been very active lately and just saw your post

Hi Kultis
  Had about 6 million in mintlpal when Ryan Kennedy stole almost everyone's wallet, still have about 7 million left. how is the free energy research going?.

Good thanks mate, just moved to Western Australia and have started some new projects, still posting on youtube. Sorry you got stung with mintpal, you're not the only one there, I funnily enough 7 mil there as well, all gone, have been working it back, have just on 3.5 now holding it tightly and keeping it all out of exchanges till the time is right, you guys still running any pools ? or just holding till times get better too ?

Not doing any more pools, it cost us to much to implement the security features we had on the pool that many others did not use, and as you know we gave away a ton in free offers & donations to the cause, especially noble which we where the first pool up and running :-), but in the end the monthly costs where to much for us to continue without enough community support, any way on another note the last of my noble coins are in cryptsy, looking at how that is right now i guess i am now our of the alt coin market for good. I will look out for your youtube vids.
Mark77

Activity: 208

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 04:13:16 AM

If your coins were not moved before the switch to PoS they are still there. Please follow this procedure: https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Importing-private-keys-from-old-wallet.dat-using---salvagewallet-option
Thank you! All coins in the wallet!
eagleflies

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:56:28 PM

Not doing any more pools, it cost us to much to implement the security features we had on the pool that many others did not use, and as you know we gave away a ton in free offers & donations to the cause, especially noble which we where the first pool up and running :-), but in the end the monthly costs where to much for us to continue without enough community support, any way on another note the last of my noble coins are in cryptsy, looking at how that is right now i guess i am now our of the alt coin market for good. I will look out for your youtube vids.

I guess there is still some chance cryptsy will enable more wallets for withdrawals. According to them they lost tons of BTC + LTC. Other currencies were much less affected. Not sure how probable this is but hopefully you will get your coins back Wink
pringles1901

Activity: 391

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:11:35 AM

Hi All

I have been running a wallet on my PC for the last 3 days & I have put in 2 million coins..well 1,999,999 to be exact as i read that under 2 million seems to work best, the problem that i have is every reward/mining that I have received has displayed as 0 confirmations not accepted.....Am i doing something wrong? or it there a problem with the network seems pointless running this wallet if all i get is orphans & no reward for doing so

I have shut the wallet down until I receive a solution or If i dont receive an answer soon will just transfer the coins back to Poloniex

Thanks for any help
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:26:05 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2016, 10:05:48 PM by MemberCount+1

Hi All

I have been running a wallet on my PC for the last 3 days & I have put in 2 million coins..well 1,999,999 to be exact as i read that under 2 million seems to work best, the problem that i have is every reward/mining that I have received has displayed as 0 confirmations not accepted.....Am i doing something wrong? or it there a problem with the network seems pointless running this wallet if all i get is orphans & no reward for doing so

I have shut the wallet down until I receive a solution or If i dont receive an answer soon will just transfer the coins back to Poloniex

Thanks for any help

You should try BitBeans, it has a better PoS - System, you will love it, my opinion. And much more Nodes Wink

You can use also faucet.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 09:40:33 PM

thx @rofo for update ANN OP

good news its updated
bad news beside being utilized in NOBLE APP
u cant expect activity from jason for NOBLE

seems this kid have to learn walk on own feets

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 09:42:16 PM

Hi All

Thanks for any help

provide eagleflies some debug log
i did hear staisybit have a similar issue

do u use the precompiled windows wallet or did u compile by urself as staisybit did?

Pages: « 1 ... 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: