Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:00:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232466 times)
turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:51:09 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 12:03:34 PM by turtoro

Maybe his goal is 1 million coins  Grin
http://bitinfocharts.com/vertcoin/address/Vjf6QRCF1AsaMUeGBpN8ZtN2z2htiGkZXr

if he is buying all the coins then its average price might be around 0.0015 to 0.002 it is at a loss as most of us, but here it is important that it continues to full his address with fresh coins at low prices

this is suspect.... can someone manipulate this?

why is someone trying to collect so much coin?

can you say that this is not an exchange or something else?

its probably an exchange

I can not agree with you, why do you think that

Number Of Inputs - 447
Number Of Outputs - 91

Because of the uniform number of both in/outputs. It has never deviated from exactly 1000. Its associated accounts as well. I cant see a single trader operating that way. It might not be an exchange per se, but the likelyhood of it being a single trader is slim in my opinion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bengx

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:24:49 PM

Maybe his goal is 1 million coins  Grin
http://bitinfocharts.com/vertcoin/address/Vjf6QRCF1AsaMUeGBpN8ZtN2z2htiGkZXr

if he is buying all the coins then its average price might be around 0.0015 to 0.002 it is at a loss as most of us, but here it is important that it continues to full his address with fresh coins at low prices

this is suspect.... can someone manipulate this?

why is someone trying to collect so much coin?

can you say that this is not an exchange or something else?

its probably an exchange

I can not agree with you, why do you think that

Number Of Inputs - 447
Number Of Outputs - 91

Because of the uniform number of both in/outputs. It has never deviated from exactly 1000. Its associated accounts as well. I cant see a single trader operating that way. It might not be an exchange per se, but the likelyhood of it being a single trader is slim in my opinion.

It's BTER's cold storage address: https://bter.com/article/968
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:42:37 PM

http://wafflepool.com/stats/nscrypt  > 85% vertcoin multipool mining Sad

stupid people there must be mining and selling to btc for a loss lol !
   Yes. I can not believe people can be so stupid. Instead of mining vertcoin, kept it for a multiple of profits in the future and invest in it, they change it immediately for Bitcoin and then a little bit of dollars.

all these people was pulling their hair and head ache when Bitcoin hit $ 100, $ 200 and $ 1,200
and litecoin hit $ 50

I never stopped believing in VertCoin Stealth Address TEAM

guys expect many innovations it of you

Thanks!

When will stealth addresses be ready? Are they in beta or something?

stealth address is already out 3 ~ 5 days ago ...

Then the price not moving up in response is because of what? mining becoming harder in the next few weeks?
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 01:03:02 PM

mining becoming harder in the next few weeks?

confidence in the coin is BIG,  difficulty rises ..... all miners hold and Now sell only multi pools in exchange
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:22:58 PM

I thought about how to resist multipools. Perhaps is the solution new algorithm with closed-source. Certainly we need a new, more energy-efficient algorithm. 
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:25:11 PM

Vertcoin tipping thread to help fund advertising kickstarter:   

http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/29yaql/tipping_thread_for_vertcoin_marketing_campaign/

Have some vtc in the reddit tipbot? Tip in and help the advertising kickstarter reach its goal!
silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:01:18 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/29yaql/tipping_thread_for_vertcoin_marketing_campaign/

Have some vtc in the reddit tipbot? Tip in and help the advertising kickstarter reach its goal!

come on guys where are people with large wallets, they will not be a problem even 5000 coins to give to this great coin

@DEV - when will be ready the new website to publish - https://vertcoin.org
- I saw in reddit this info
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

confidence in the coin is BIG,  difficulty rises ..... all miners hold and Now sell only multi pools in exchange

Difficulty is still less compared to few weeks back , so  still good to mine.
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:52:21 PM

Vert looks very tempting at this level, compared to where it was a month back.  Several of the anon projects look temping right now, but you guys got the LTC angle to try and win over those impacted by ASICs  Wink
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:55:19 PM

Can we support merge mining with bitcoin?  Litecoin seems to have little use for this - and I see it massively driving up the price of whatever coin does it (as it's essentially adding massive security to bitcoin)

It is much more along the lines of silver to gold in crypto terms.  And ONE GPU coin to back up the primary ASIC coin (BTC) .. I don't see how we could lose.

http://Https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176556.0

silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:52:08 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 08:10:18 PM by silencesilence

START
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/29zac3/official_marketing_campaign_fund_tracking/

and

ShinyBars.com~Gold & Silver Bullion. Now accepting Vertcoin as of about 5 minutes ago!
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/29zh9r/shinybarscomgold_silver_bullion_now_accepting/
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:29:30 PM

Can we support merge mining with bitcoin?  Litecoin seems to have little use for this - and I see it massively driving up the price of whatever coin does it (as it's essentially adding massive security to bitcoin)

It is much more along the lines of silver to gold in crypto terms.  And ONE GPU coin to back up the primary ASIC coin (BTC) .. I don't see how we could lose.

I brought the same thing up in reddit & decided to copy why I think this would be an awesome move for Vertcoin.

I made the assumption others would instantly jump to my conclusions about how this will help out.  Or as far as I'm concerned cement into the future whatever coin does this (and one will eventually).

1 - Bitcoin market cap is roughly 8 billion dollars.  This is over 4,000 times Vertcoins market cap.  I pay approximately 10% per year to insure my car in money I never get back.  Vertcoin providing "insurance" for bitcoin accomplishes two things for Vertcoin.

A - It uses GPU's to insure against ASICs.  Something I believe will become an increasing problem that another coin will wind up solving for bitcoin.

B - It taps into the inherent value of hundreds of millions of dollars that have been spent on bitcoin ASICs.  Plus the value of the much larger time period of bitcoin / blockchain size of bitcoin.  Plus the value of the larger adoption of bitcoin.  Pretty much all alts = x% of whatever money is in bitcoin at a given moment.  This will increase the confidence in at least bitcoin/vertcoin viability.

C - It puts Vertcoin in a position to shine next time there is a 51% attack on bitcoin.  What's going to happen next time a pool grabs 51% - but someone explains that the primary GPU coin is making the 51% attack impossible?

In summary it adds insurance capability to vertcoin for an existing store of value.  It puts Vertcoin in a position to shine next time the masses are made aware of bitcoin centralization.  It adds functionality that litecoin can't/won't add.

Vert is slipping - price is not my primary concern but it is some type of reflection of the confidence people have in it.

The more I think about the idea - the more sense it makes to me.  Vertcoin is essentially sharing it's decentralization with the biggest coin on the market to PROVE that true decentralization is ASIC free.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:57:03 PM

Can we support merge mining with bitcoin?  Litecoin seems to have little use for this - and I see it massively driving up the price of whatever coin does it (as it's essentially adding massive security to bitcoin)

It is much more along the lines of silver to gold in crypto terms.  And ONE GPU coin to back up the primary ASIC coin (BTC) .. I don't see how we could lose.

I brought the same thing up in reddit & decided to copy why I think this would be an awesome move for Vertcoin.

I made the assumption others would instantly jump to my conclusions about how this will help out.  Or as far as I'm concerned cement into the future whatever coin does this (and one will eventually).

1 - Bitcoin market cap is roughly 8 billion dollars.  This is over 4,000 times Vertcoins market cap.  I pay approximately 10% per year to insure my car in money I never get back.  Vertcoin providing "insurance" for bitcoin accomplishes two things for Vertcoin.

A - It uses GPU's to insure against ASICs.  Something I believe will become an increasing problem that another coin will wind up solving for bitcoin.

B - It taps into the inherent value of hundreds of millions of dollars that have been spent on bitcoin ASICs.  Plus the value of the much larger time period of bitcoin / blockchain size of bitcoin.  Plus the value of the larger adoption of bitcoin.  Pretty much all alts = x% of whatever money is in bitcoin at a given moment.  This will increase the confidence in at least bitcoin/vertcoin viability.

C - It puts Vertcoin in a position to shine next time there is a 51% attack on bitcoin.  What's going to happen next time a pool grabs 51% - but someone explains that the primary GPU coin is making the 51% attack impossible?

In summary it adds insurance capability to vertcoin for an existing store of value.  It puts Vertcoin in a position to shine next time the masses are made aware of bitcoin centralization.  It adds functionality that litecoin can't/won't add.

Vert is slipping - price is not my primary concern but it is some type of reflection of the confidence people have in it.

The more I think about the idea - the more sense it makes to me.  Vertcoin is essentially sharing it's decentralization with the biggest coin on the market to PROVE that true decentralization is ASIC free.
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:04:35 PM

The more I think about the idea - the more sense it makes to me.  Vertcoin is essentially sharing it's decentralization with the biggest coin on the market to PROVE that true decentralization is ASIC free.

+1 i don't think he understand the meaning of merge-mining and how it works :/
Murphy

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 10:37:52 PM

So what do the devs have up there sleeves now? I noticed on the website in progress (http://vtc.sovereignshare.com/vtcweb/) that there is a countdown titled, "Announcement in..." Is this the countdown for the official website release? If so, I'm excited.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:51:00 PM

+1 i don't think he understand the meaning of merge-mining and how it works :/

From litecoin thread.  It is not simple merge mining - I should have found something else to call it.
Here is sort of how it would work:

1. Add a new requirement to the Litecoin chain such that a valid Litecoin block must contain either a record of the most recent Bitcoin block header hash, or a repeat of the hash found in the prior Litecoin block (with a limit of repetitions).  Litecoin blocks that contain outdated Bitcoin intelligence should be disfavored by nodes capable of detecting that.  Further impose the requirement that Bitcoin block headers must be represented contiguously in the Litecoin chain - Bitcoin blocks cannot be skipped (which shouldn't be a problem, when Litecoin blocks happen 4x as often as Bitcoin)
2. In the event there is an active Bitcoin block chain fork, the requirement is loosened such that the Bitcoin block header hash requirement can be satisfied by any leg of the chain, not just the one Bitcoin considers valid.
3. Add a feature to Litecoin clients that allow Litecoin users to decide to prefer or not-prefer branches of a Bitcoin fork while one is in progress.  The default for this should always favor the Bitcoin leg with the most longevity, and should disfavor long chains that suddenly appear to replace a large amount of the known Bitcoin block chain.  The user/miner/pool-op should always have an easy way to have the final say, such as by pasting in a preformatted message either exiling or checkpointing Bitcoin blocks.
Crypto_EX

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:59:46 PM

So what do the devs have up there sleeves now? I noticed on the website in progress (http://vtc.sovereignshare.com/vtcweb/) that there is a countdown titled, "Announcement in..." Is this the countdown for the official website release? If so, I'm excited.

that website design looks good a lot better than  the current one which looks down right BAD imho ...
styxical

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:28:55 PM

that website design looks good a lot better than  the current one which looks down right BAD imho ...

the new site looks sharp. i like it.
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:31:15 PM

maybe it,s the new algo  Grin
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:02:38 AM

Please join us to mine the best in crypto.
Central Cavern Mining Co
Bitcoin - the big daddy of cryptocurrencies, mined on our Amsterdam P2Pool Node with a low 0.5% fee.
Vertcoin - the worlds first stealth address cryptocurrency mining at a low 0.5% fee
TEKCoin - superstake cryptocurrency with a 40% monthly PoS only 1% fee
Hobonickels - a 100% per annum proof of stake cryptocurrency with only 1% fee
Bottlecaps - a 200% per annum proof of stake cryptocurrency with only 1% fee
Truckcoin is the alt-coin of the moment if you are buying
a wallet.rar for windows of 3 different coins worth trading - ZimStake, XXXcoin and Hypecoin
!buy truckcoin and send it to your HYP address (wallet added)!

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Pages: « 1 ... 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: