Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:49:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 [570] 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232466 times)
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:23:05 PM

i told you that you should not switch to POS.

To be honest when i read YOUR comments i really start to hate VTC, because you seem to say that the investors are stupid and don't have any clue. We should simply live with that unless we tell YOU how to solve the problem.

Man that is simply the wrong way, but it seems that you don't get it.

You are blame us for nothing, we are not developing the coin..

Tell me WHY VTC is going do so rapidly then? What are YOU going to do now?

Are you ignoring the fact that and are not going to change anything?

Its not my/our fault that miners are dumping every coin they mine.
What can we do against that? Prolly nothing.

If we change the inflation, the already mined coins will be worth more prolly, agree, but that doesnt stop miners from dumping there coins..why would it? Also most people would just dump their coins here and smash the price down to where it is now. Also a lot of miners will leave making our network less secure than it is...

you can hate me as much as you want, i dont give a f... you want a change but cant provide a solution.

I dont have a longterm solution that would work for sure, if someone provides one we would prolly implement it...

Man this is a FOSS project, everyone can contribue we arent a software company that sold you a paid library...so stop acting like we are.

ok thanks....

thats what will make VTC go down! Devs that blame investors for not providing solutions is more than ridiculous.
on reddit are a lot of solutions that have been discussed, but you simply stay on the same way and don't take the chance for some changes.
we will see VTC under 50 this week and constantly under 40 one week later.

You are the ones who won't suffer from VTC being dead(being maza´d).

P.S.: What about the 5000VTC that have been donated? Those coins lost already almost 20% in value in the meanwhile and you cannot do the same with it as you were supposed to do...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 04:33:46 PM

Jiggy - you don't get this simple fact:

Devs (with community support) control the basis of the coin, and its functionality/features.

Investors like you control the market

So sort your shit out, because the devs are doing their side.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Jiggy0001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:39:45 PM

Devs (with community support) control the basis of the coin, and its functionality/features.

how stupid is that?

i am just wondering why they don't change the algo and block block reward as it was said weeks ago!!!???

instead of changing some basic things they start to tell us that the current is situation is better than it would be after a switch...

so what the hell is going on now?

So many ideas and things that have been discussed, but now we are even in an even worse situation!

Stealth addresses were such a big thing and still no one seems to care, because no one wants to invest in a coin that is being slaughtered.
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:46:54 PM

how stupid is that?

i am just wondering why they don't change the algo and block block reward as it was said weeks ago!!!???

instead of changing some basic things they start to tell us that the current is situation is better than it would be after a switch...

so what the hell is going on now?

So many ideas and things that have been discussed, but now we are even in an even worse situation!

Stealth addresses were such a big thing and still no one seems to care, because no one wants to invest in a coin that is being slaughtered.

Stop lying man.

The rules were clear and made before you invested, we dont control the market.

Here is a 2 day old discussion on the inflation issue (not "weeeks ago"): http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2aav7b/tweaking_vertcoin_inflation/

As you see no decision has been made and everyone has different opinions on the issue. IF and only IF we can reach consensus on a solution we can implement it but not before.

darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:54:10 PM

Devs, please stop listening to the people in this thread. The evidence is before you.

VTC has gone down over 80% in just a week, and was down 80% last week before stealth address, and week before etc, it gets dumped to hell, every single day. It's low is getting lower, every single day. That is because of the block reward, VTC has had so many good news(vertveser, stealth addresses) and they hardly moved the price at all, because of the continuous dumping because TOO many Vertcoins are being mined each day...

Devs, change the block reward to save this coin Please, do not listen to people in this community that dont know what theyre saying. Change the block reward or vertcoin will become worthless, its already way on its way.
othe

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:00:59 PM

Devs, please stop listening to the people in this thread. The evidence is before you.

VTC has gone down over 80% in just a week, and was down 80% last week before stealth address, and week before etc, it gets dumped to hell, every single day. It's low is getting lower, every single day. That is because of the block reward, VTC has had so many good news(vertveser, stealth addresses) and they hardly moved the price at all, because of the continuous dumping because TOO many Vertcoins are being mined each day...

Devs, change the block reward to save this coin Please, do not listen to people in this community that dont know what theyre saying. Change the block reward or vertcoin will become worthless, its already way on its way.

But we cant easily change it man.

Dont you people understand that, the miners/pools and users have to agree with the decision and so far the community seems to be 50:50...

We have to agree on something before we can implement it - democracy...

Jiggy0001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:04:15 PM

Let's me summarize for you.

1. Scrypt-N ASIC, We have looking for another algorithm already. We have planed to implement it in GPU and CPU miner after we released Stealth Addresses.

2. Multiple PoW, In order to change to the new algorithm, it must be smooth transition as much as possible. We have planed to implement multiple PoW from Scrypt-N to the new algorithm. According to the plan, it will be Scrypt-N -> New Agorithm + Scrypt-N -> New Algorithm.

3. Multipool & Inflation, We still discussing the solutions with team members to find the best way to solve it, but it will do nothing until we released Stealth Address.

4. Stealth Address, It is in progressing.  

Thanks,
bushido

thats what i am referring to... you troll.

it has become worthless now discussing with you...

After the SX release i really had confidence that you will be more active in the forum, but it seems we have complain about the dev first before you start to react.

I have been telling you that we will go down weeks ago, and we went under 0.001 and now we reached even 0.0005 after the SX release.

mana6

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:04:46 PM

the coin dev are good...
othe

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:14:55 PM

3. Multipool & Inflation, We still discussing the solutions with team members to find the best way to solve it, but it will do nothing until we released Stealth Address.

Where does that say that we have a ready solution...

Discussion is over for me, people who cant even read aren't worth discussing with anyway.

After the SX release i really had confidence that you will be more active in the forum, but it seems we have complain about the dev first before you start to react.

Why should we, most discussion is on reddit/r/vertcoin and #vertcoin at freenode...

You can complain as much as you want, that wont change anything nor will it help.

Jiggy0001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:17:21 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 05:34:11 PM by Jiggy0001

Where does that say that we have a ready solution...

Discussion is over for me, people who cant even read aren't worth discussing with anyway.

Why should we, most discussion is on reddit/r/vertcoin and #vertcoin at freenode...

You can complain as much as you want, that wont change anything nor will it help.

yeah, good luck to all new "investors" with buying into a dying coin with arrogant devs.

VTC = TITANIC

pseudofx

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:06:55 PM

I just backdated all the way back to mid-May going through over the last 100 pages in this thread and it is the same 5 people (no more than 6 people) spreading that inflation is the culprit of vertcoin decrease in value. But there is much more to it from gathering information from various sources.
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:13:30 PM

I got in fairly recently and at low prices compared to a few months ago.

I was expecting LTC to suffer, miners would jump ship and head over to Vert. But it looks like LTC miners now are just switching off to save electricity.

Jiggy0001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:14:48 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 06:49:24 PM by Jiggy0001

Because only 5-6 person really cared and didn't give up believing in VTC.

But for me this story is over now...

Tired of buying and catching thousands of knives over the past few weeks...
pseudofx

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:54:43 PM

I am preparing to dump now. Tired of buying and catching thousands of knives over the past few weeks...

Jiggy, are you saying those who did not agree with changing the rewards did not care? These people spent their time to voice their opinion in what they thought was best for the community. Not only that, they had legitimate reasons to back why it should not be changed. Furthermore, note that the development team has not made an official announcement yet. But, you have every right to do what you want. No one is stopping you. Best luck to you, though.
MichBjukenon

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:56:17 PM

Tired of buying and catching thousands of knives over the past few weeks...

good bye...
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:56:51 PM

So what is next for Vert?

I wouldn't mind holding on until it doubles from here, and then seeing what's what.
Jiggy0001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:01:01 PM

I am preparing to dump now. Tired of buying and catching thousands of knives over the past few weeks...

Jiggy, are you saying those who did not agree with changing the rewards did not care? These people spent their time to voice their opinion in what they thought was best for the community. Not only that, they had legitimate reasons to back why it should not be changed. Furthermore, note that the development team has not made an official announcement yet. But, you have every right to do what you want. No one is stopping you. Best luck to you, though.

i have said everything i could... VTC is on a downtrend and has been forever.
The devs still stick to their scrypt-n algo and they don't get it, that reward is way too high.
There is absolutely no buy support to catch up with the inflation.

Vertpay was a great chance of saving Vertcoin´s reputation, but it didnt work out.

Vertcoin Athlete can not save this coin alone. At some point you get stuck in your argumentation or you just give in and admit that that whole crypto world is a big pile of shit, where daily profit counts and real world features don't get the attention they deserve.

SX is great, but it is attached to the stone that is pushing VTC down the ground of the ocean.
cubevtc

Activity: 496

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 07:01:48 PM

I think you have misunderstood Othe.  The announcement by the main dev/founder Bushido (as you have quoted) is clear. The dev team will do all they can to address the issues at hand - multipools and inflation.  However, it is not an easy task.  If they address the inflation factor alone by changing the block reward etc, it is not going to work.  Imagine say the block reward is reduced and the Vertcoin price increases in reaction.  What will happen then?  The multipools and those VTC-2-BTC dumpers will get to know about the good news and more of them will be attracted to the higher price (so that they can get more BTCs out of it).  The result is you will attract many more dumpers and the higher Vertcoin price can never hold.  Now we would not want that, would we?  

We have a Dev team who is very cautious about addressing critical issues we are facing.  And they are in active consultation with the community - see http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2aav7b/tweaking_vertcoin_inflation  If you read this article, you will notice that the devs have something up their sleeves - called "Shark Bite Subsidy". But let's keep this a secret.

Hey, we just have a dev's AMA not too long ago! Now, how often do you see this kind of active. careful, thoughtful and willing-to-listen devs in the crypto world?  Don't we consider ourselves fortunate?

Jiggy0001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:08:19 PM

I think you have misunderstood Othe.  The announcement by the main dev/founder Bushido (as you have quoted) is clear. The dev team will do all they can to address the issues at hand - multipools and inflation.  However, it is not an easy task.  If they address the inflation factor alone by changing the block reward etc, it is not going to work.  Imagine say the block reward is reduced and the Vertcoin price increases in reaction.  What will happen then?  The multipools and those VTC-2-BTC dumpers will get to know about the good news and more of them will be attracted to the higher price (so that they can get more BTCs out of it).  The result is you will attract many more dumpers and the higher Vertcoin price can never hold.  Now we would not want that, would we?  

We have a Dev team who is very cautious about addressing critical issues we are facing.  And they are in active consultation with the community - see http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2aav7b/tweaking_vertcoin_inflation  If you read this article, you will notice that the devs have something up their sleeves - called "Shark Bite Subsidy". But let's keep this a secret.

Hey, we just have a dev's AMA not too long ago! Now, how often do you see this kind of active. careful, thoughtful and willing-to-listen devs in the crypto world?  Don't we consider ourselves fortunate?

the problem is that you get the impression of a inconsistent dev team... you might think that one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing.

Most of the people are speculating what MIGHT happen. it is time to change it from the ground. No matter what you will do you won't be able to predict the outcome.
Fact is that scrypt-n is obsolete! No more scrypt coins, so scrypt asic miners are obsolete as well...
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:08:38 PM

I just backdated all the way back to mid-May going through over the last 100 pages in this thread and it is the same 5 people (no more than 6 people) spreading that inflation is the culprit of vertcoin decrease in value. But there is much more to it from gathering information from various sources.

Most here don't care about the price of VTC because they simply are just miners dumping to ROI and VTC despite our rambling is still one of the best coin to ROI your GPUs. I used to mine VTC for the past 4 month and the way thing are going VTC should be dead in 6 months from now.

DEV should not simply change the VTC reward to be static. They should make it DYNAMIC. Having a static reward is bad.

Right now inflation is 14 BTC if market was to reach 29M , let's say, the inflation would be 15x what it is now which would be 210 BTC. You would need 210 BTC EVERY DAY just to maintain the price to what it would be. The market would then be around 47 000 BTC with a yearly inflation of 76 000 BTC. close to 200% that's non sense.

Meanwhile, right now DRK has a market cap of 47 000 BTC and an inflation of 30 BTC/day, so DRK inflation is ~11000/47000 ~ 23% that's still a lot of inflation but much less than what VTC has for the next 4-8 years.

Even if they cut their reward in half it's still going to be bad inflation but a bit later this time but inflation nonetheless

What this means for investor is between now and 1 year from now if you invest 1BTC it will be cut in 3 as you will have only 1 BTC out of ~150 000 BTC instead of 1 BTC in ~47000. You see this phenomena in all PoW coins with static block reward...

Imo inflation should be way lower than this, it should be function of the difficulty which is almost always function of the market cap and etc. I have 0 VTC right now and don't plan on adding any for a good while as vertans are aggresive toward potential investors only. There is enough competition in this market to invest my money elsewhere and the market seems to think as I do right now. It's up to these guys to do something.

Just my 2cents as usual but with how Othe thinks and talks I am mostly done with this tbh. I'd rather put my time and efforts into finding a solution where it's needed and welcomed.
Pages: « 1 ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 [570] 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: